• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

2024 US Presidential Election

For example, I don't give a shit about Taiwan being taken over by China, a conflict likely to erupt at some point. The senile moron Biden is going to send American troops there should China invade.

If we want to help these folks, let's give them easy immigration visas and let them move here, and fuck that island.
I've seen my fair share of hot takes, but this one takes the cake :rolleyes:

I've seen my fair share of hot takes, but this one takes the cake :rolleyes:
It might be a hot take. But would you want to see the U.S. in a war with China over Taiwan?

Trump wants the stock market to crash within the next 12 months so it doesn't affect his legacy...
He would prefer that if the Stock Market had to crash, it did so under the final year of Biden's term, because it was his administration that ruined everything.

Fauci admitted at the hearing, that Trump was right about wanting ban flights from China to the U.S., during the early days of COVID-19. He (Fauci) also admitted that it is possible that a lab leak in Wuhan could have been the origin of COVID-19.

While I admit I can sometimes come off as cocky, aggressive, and condescending in political threads, it's just remarkable though how some of you guys can confidently post the most ignorant statements without a hint of shame or embarrassment. It's almost impressive.
It might be a hot take. But would you want to see the U.S. in a war with China over Taiwan?
Maybe a quick Google search about semiconductors and Taiwan's massive production of it (responsible for over 60% of the world's supply, and over 90% of the most advance ones) is in order for you. Perhaps then, you'll start to understand why it's a big deal in terms of national security and economic protection, not just for the US, but for many other countries as well. Better to this than coming across as some edgelord —"fuck that island". Just a suggestion.

I won't even bother explaining the ramifications of allowing land grabs by authoritarian nations. Been there, done that already. Should be common sense as to why that would be bad though... well, I hope.

As to your question, I'll take realpolitik over engaging in war. With the former being how the handling of China and Taiwan has been approached, especially considering that Taiwan serves as the 'silicon shield' for the global economy. Numerous countries heavily depend on it, including the Chinese. And there lies the deterrence.

Bill O'Reilly said he has best election coverage in the world. He always uses facts to back up what he says. If Trump or Biden says something dopey, he will tell the truth about it. O'Reilly is on The First every night and on NewsNation twice a week.

I just recently subscribed to NewsNation. They say they are unbiased news. On average, Democrats, Independents and Republicans rated NewsNation as Center. Looks like they have a nice website.

While I admit I can sometimes come off as cocky, aggressive, and condescending in political threads, it's just remarkable though how some of you guys can confidently post the most ignorant statements without a hint of shame or embarrassment. It's almost impressive.

Maybe a quick Google search about semiconductors and Taiwan's massive production of it (responsible for over 60% of the world's supply, and over 90% of the most advance ones) is in order for you. Perhaps then, you'll start to understand why it's a big deal in terms of national security and economic protection, not just for the US, but for many other countries as well. Better to this than coming across as some edgelord —"fuck that island". Just a suggestion.

I won't even bother explaining the ramifications of allowing land grabs by authoritarian nations. Been there, done that already. Should be common sense as to why that would be bad though... well, I hope.

As to your question, I'll take realpolitik over engaging in war. With the former being how the handling of China and Taiwan has been approached, especially considering that Taiwan serves as the 'silicon shield' for the global economy. Numerous countries heavily depend on it, including the Chinese. And there lies the deterrence.
Yeah, I don't live under a rock. Dependence on the semi-conductor manufacturing in Taiwan should be reduced, simply because it is a huge strategic risk. It is just idiotic to have such a dependency in the backyard of your adversary.

I hope deterrence works for as long as possible, but eventually it will stop. Sooner or later China will go after Taiwan. I am honestly not interested, and neither you should be, in starting the war with China. Lines should be drawn, but probably not there. Besides, U.S. fucked things long time ago by engaging with PRC. U.S. basically supported growth of that evil adversarial regime in the name of the mighty $$$. Matter of time, perhaps soon, when this will backfire big time.

I see The Donald is on Fox News doing a Town Hall in Iowa. I was surprised Fox News had him on their network because I didn't think they supported him. Trump said he saved 2 million lives by overturning Roe vs Wade. He said he would have to do some concessions regarding abortions because of what the voters want.

Yeah, I don't live under a rock. Dependence on the semi-conductor manufacturing in Taiwan should be reduced, simply because it is a huge strategic risk. It is just idiotic to have such a dependency in the backyard of your adversary.
Ironic and inconsistent how you're calling Biden a moron regarding China/Taiwan, all the while conveniently ignoring/overlooking his CHIPS Act — the very legislation designed to tackle the semiconductor dependency you just highlighted.

Having said that, I do agree that we need to cut down on our semiconductor dependency in Asia. It's a matter of national security and the ability to control the production within the US in case the supply chain gets disrupted due to pandemics, unjust wars, and other various crises.

He would prefer that if the Stock Market had to crash, it did so under the final year of Biden's term, because it was his administration that ruined everything.

Fauci admitted at the hearing, that Trump was right about wanting ban flights from China to the U.S., during the early days of COVID-19. He (Fauci) also admitted that it is possible that a lab leak in Wuhan could have been the origin of COVID-19.
Do some deep research on that virus and you may discover that it did not originate in China.

Texas National Guard has seized control of a park in Eagle Pass that has served as a landing point for illegals crossing into the U.S. for two years. They have kicked out Border Patrol agents.

Great to finally see action against the Biden Administration who has been facilitating this invasion.
Try your country, USA.
I've only heard of a lab leak in Wuhan, China as the cause of the virus that caused COVID-19. That is the prevailing theory at this time.

Speaker Mike Johnson:

Since his first day in office, President Biden has worked to systematically undermine America's border security.

On 64 occasions, he has manipulated the federal bureaucracy to open our borders to illegal immigrants, human trafficking, fentanyl, and potential terrorists. The result is a humanitarian and national security catastrophe. The President must use his executive authority to repair what he has broken.

Ironic and inconsistent how you're calling Biden a moron regarding China/Taiwan, all the while conveniently ignoring/overlooking his CHIPS Act — the very legislation designed to tackle the semiconductor dependency you just highlighted.
Well, maybe, but I am not fond of corporate welfare. I'd prefer deferred and progressively increasing import duties to incentivize on shoring. I am sick and tired of corporate welfare paid by me in two ways. Through my taxes and the increasing debt devaluing my income and savings.

This is a larger problem of the crooked monetary system and criminal government (independent of Dems or Repubs, or their gerontocratic leaders).
Having said that, I do agree that we need to cut down on our semiconductor dependency in Asia. It's a matter of national security and the ability to control the production within the US in case the supply chain gets disrupted due to pandemics, unjust wars, and other various crises.
Of course, it's so fucking obvious. The problem goes much further and it's not just chips. Years ago damn Bay Bridge in San Francisco was rebuilt using Chinese steel. Due to lack of supply/capacity within the country.

Anyway, I kinda don't give a fuck anymore, as I am not long for this world. I pity my children.

1433_n.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8cd0a2&_nc_ohc=OEBDzBUR0SkAX-M1IZL&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.png

This doesn't sound like Trump composed this tweet. It is too coherent; it needs a rambling word salad and more capital letter enhancements to qualify as a Trump tweet.
Perhaps you could save us some time and enlighten us as to where it originated.
Here's what Trump thinks where it originated as he spoke at the Iowa town hall:
"I think it was done out of incompetence - I think that a scientist went out, said hello to his girlfriend, and that was the end of that. She died and then people started dying all over the place."

Only true genius can explain it.

Bill O'Reilly said he has the best election coverage in the U.S. He said it's not even close. O'Reilly can be a bit nasty when someone argues with him. He backs up everything he says with facts. O'Reilly claims he's so charismatic that nobody turns him down to be on the No Spin News. Actually I think some people do turn him down.

Here's what Trump thinks where it originated as he spoke at the Iowa town hall:
"I think it was done out of incompetence - I think that a scientist went out, said hello to his girlfriend, and that was the end of that. She died and then people started dying all over the place."
Only true genius can explain it.
That Trump offhand Trump quote is far closer to the truth than almost anything Anthony Fauci, originally claimed, about how COVID-19 started.

I live in New York and Trump gave us everything that we asked for, and more, during COVID-19. The idiot in office today would have done nothing, other than making it worse.

Fauci has finally admitted that the 6-foot social distance rule was unscientific and that Trump was correct in his stance that we should have banned flights from China to the United States in the early days of COVID-19. He (Fauci) also stated that the possibility of a lab leak is not a "conspiracy", and may be true. To protect himself from self-incrimination, he claimed that he could not remember many things that he was questioned about.

Fauci was likely responsible for the creation of this virus and indirectly responsible for the deaths of at least seven million people worldwide, the former of which he covered up. He and his cohorts did a horrendous job of handling COVID-19.

Over two-thirds of the people in this country believe that a lab leak in Wuhan was the cause of COVID-19.

That Trump offhand Trump quote is far closer to the truth than almost anything Anthony Fauci, originally claimed, about how COVID-19 started.

I live in New York and Trump gave us everything that we asked for, and more, during COVID-19. The idiot in office today would have done nothing, other than making it worse.

Fauci has finally admitted that the 6-foot social distance rule was unscientific and that Trump was correct in his stance that we should have banned flights from China to the United States in the early days of COVID-19. He (Fauci) also stated that the possibility of a lab leak is not a "conspiracy", and may be true. To protect himself from self-incrimination, he claimed that he could not remember many things that he was questioned about.

Fauci was likely responsible for the creation of this virus and indirectly responsible for the deaths of at least seven million people worldwide, the former of which he covered up. He and his cohorts did a horrendous job of handling COVID-19.

Over two-thirds of the people in this country believe that a lab leak in Wuhan was the cause of COVID-19.
There you go. You just answered your own question. Fauci hid the virus from the public. It was then sent into China and released in a dirty food market.

There you go. You just answered your own question. Fauci hid the virus from the public. It was then sent into China and released in a dirty food market.
If this is meant as sarcasm, it's not amusing.

Fauci's credibility is sinking fast, and he knows it.

There you go.

I hope the Texas National Guard holds the line on protecting their border and not listen to the incompetent Biden Administration. They should have a "NO VACANCY" sign lit up at their ports of entry. I wonder if other countries offer free room and board to illegal immigrants?

It's been an interesting week for the GOP. From House Republicans now wanting to shitcan, Mike Johnson from his speakership role, for doing his job with the spending bill, to the embarrassing and cringe-worthy Hunter Biden encounter, and Republican primary candidates (with no shot at winning the nomination) having a meaningless head-2-head debate on National TV. Oh, and Trump, who continues to enlighten us with his scholarly expertise in the art of stupid statements... I think it's safe to say they've lost the plot.

Meanwhile:

IRS says it collected $360 million more from rich tax cheats as its funding is threatened yet again

Crumbs in terms of federal funding, but gotta start somewhere. All thanks to the IRA Act, by the way. This would explain why the new GOP talking point is "get rid of the IRS". It's like their alarm clock goes off when the interests of the ultra wealthy need protection.

Associated Press is not a non-partisan news service. There is a vast difference between a tax "cheat", and one who is delinquent for not paying promptly, but they choose to use infinitary language that paints a false picture. If these "millionaires" were tax cheats, then the law would require that they be arrested, heavily fined and in some cases, sentenced to prison.

VIVEK GETS THE BOOT

GDwlh53W0AALA4p?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Has loyalty to Trump paid off for anyone ever, apart from prison sentences? Literally everyone who affiliates with him gets the knife in the back sooner or later. He's so utterly paranoid and sees nothing but faults in everyone except himself. Same guy who once upon a time claimed he got along with everybody. Sure, bud.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now