2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZFire, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I cannot find anything to indicate that Joe Rogan intends to vote for Trump, but he said last summer, that Ron DeSantis would make a "good president". Now that Trump is so far ahead of the other Republican hopefuls, he (Rogan) seems to be leaning toward Trump. He voted for Jo Jorgensen, a Libertarian, in 2020, and seems to be even more critical of Biden now, than then.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      So who gives a shit about what Joe Rogan says?

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't care who he votes for, but he has millions of listeners. You asked why he is voting Democratic, but he didn't, in the 2020 presidential election and probably won't in 2024. He speaks well of the Trump presidency, which I agree with him on.

If people honestly assessed how well they have done under Biden, compared to Trump before COVID-19, most would probably admit that they were better off during the Trump administration.

It is a fact that the majority of voters, over 70%, do not want Biden to run in 2024.

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Why didn’t the Democrats in the Senate pass the House bill below? It was common sense.

5. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      More news from the Trump Crime mafia:
      Source: AP

Sounds like bad news for Trump. Is anyone surpised?

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Of course, it's not a surprise, it's the Democrats trying to destroy his chances of becoming president. NYS Attorney General Letitia James is a Democrat and has let Democrats, such as her former boss and former NYS Gov. Andrew Cuomo, off the hook for far more serious offenses. She has it in for Trump, and these nuisance lawsuits are the only way that she can take action.

As I've said before, if Donald Trump was convicted of embezzling one trillion dollars from the United States Treasury, to build golf courses in India, I'd still vote for him, over Biden.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      H.R.2 - Secure the Border Act of 2023

IMG_3369.jpeg

Well, the most recent action for this bill states ‘Read the Second Time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 71”. This bill hasn’t been discussed and voted on in the Senate yet. It’s been scheduled for consideration (placed at 71 in terms of order of bills). Part of the legislative process, but it does signal that the bill is one step closer to being debated and voted on by the Senate.

Now if you’re asking me whether this bill will have unanimous bipartisan support once deliberations begin, likely no. This bill could very well die in the Senate or it will lead to revisions that address some of the Democrats' demands. Then it could be sent back to the House for another round of voting. I know for a fact that certain portions of the proposed bill, especially the part about criminalizing visa overstays, will not be favored by the Democrats. It’s going to come down to whether the Senate is willing to compromise and make concessions. That’s the only way we get things done in this country. You also have the President and his executive orders though. I’m sure Biden could be doing a lot more on border security, like reinforcing the national guard and border patrol agents.

My 2 cents.

• Informative Informative x 2
    8. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Biden's dog Commando, which is two years old, has bitten yet another Secret Service agent. This is the 11th such incident in which this vicious animal has attacked and bitten a guard at the Biden home or the White House.

The other Biden dog, Major, has also been involved in numerous biting incidents with Secret Service agents.

These animals need to be put down, and Biden needs to be put out of the White House.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      • Like Like x 2
    10. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I listen to Bill O'Reilly on the No Spin News and Ted Cruz’s podcast Verdict. They are both disgusted with Biden and the Democrats regarding the border and the incentives given to the illegals immigrants by the Biden administration.

Kevin McCarthy said that about 300 people die per day from Fentanyl poisoning and that the current border policy has to change now. Biden should listen to the majority of the American people regarding the border. He appears to be in a daze most of the time.

• Like Like x 2
    11. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree. I’m wondering if Biden himself will start biting his Secret Service agents in his current state of mind?

• Funny Funny x 3
    12. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I consider you a friend. Tinnitus Talk is my first experience with social media as I don't do Facebook, or Instagram etc. So on my tinnitus journey I met you and other sufferers here who have helped me and I have helped them, with emotional support more than anything else.

I say this, because it is truly amazing how different we are and who we listen to.

Ted Cruz and Kevin McCarthy I hold in lower regard than the former president Trump, by a lot, for basically being enablers.

Cruz in particular is such a duplicitous spineless coward.

Just my 2 cents.

You, @just1morething, are an awesome stand up guy who is consistent with his convictions and lifestyle and have made my experience of Tinnitus Talk better, with solidarity, empathy, and good humor along the way.

Take care buddy, check out Matty Matheson, he does a cooking show that is funny.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. RocketJSquirrel

RocketJSquirrel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1997
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      This is why our country is in such deep shit. Idiots vote for idiots.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Elon Musk is at Eagle Pass, Texas interviewing people on X. It is chaos caused by idiot Biden’s policies. We should have legal immigrants, not this mess. Who knows how many criminals and terrorists are getting into our country.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    16. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      The NY fraud trial starts on Monday. The Trumps and the right-wingers are losing their collective minds on social media, saying the judge unfairly values Mar a Largo at $18M and saying it is, of course, worth more. The judge did not create that valuation, Trump did.

If you find yourself in a situation where the facts of this issue matter, here they are:

Trump fought hard in court to have Mar a Largo valued at between $18 and 26M, fighting the higher valuation with appeal.

He forever deed restricted Mar a Largo (to lower the taxes) by:
      1. making it a club,

2. forbidding the ability to make renovations,

3. forbidding the ability to subdivide the property, and

4. forbidding using it ever as a residence.
      These factors gave it the low, low valuation he wanted for property tax purposes. It also makes it worth less than homes in the area, so they can't be compared apples-to-apples. The judge, in his decision, just referenced the value Trump himself had placed on it, the value that Trump had fought hard to place on it.

Trump then used a valuation of $600M on it in his financials that he used to get funding on other projects. That's the crime.

They are also saying there was no victim, because the banks and insurance companies suffered no losses. Under the NY law, that is irrelevant. Trump used inflated financials to obtain lending that then became unavailable to other parties because financial institutions have limited funds to lend. The crime is against the market and the people of NY.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final most essential command.”
      —1984

17. Rainer

Rainer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Why idiots? You think that GOP voters don't actually want fascism?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    18. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, they do and we have seen the results of that, in spades, with this administration.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trump is not the one who is waging a war by proxy in Ukraine, for his family business partnership with that country and the Military Industrial Complex. Biden is the person responsible for funding it and discouraging negotiations between the two opponents. Tens of thousands have died, massive destruction has already occurred, and from all signs, it will only get worse.

Who in the world actually cares what Trump's estate is worth, or what he does with his businesses when we have a corrupt leader with dementia in the White House? Trump never had these lawsuits and indictments, before he entered politics. It's all an effort by the Democrats to keep him out of the White House.

The risk of a nuclear or third world war is growing stronger every day, thanks to the current administration.

After this war is over, if we are lucky enough to not have entered a world war, it will cost trillions to build Ukraine back up, and who do you think will pay for it? That's right, the American taxpayer - and the profits will go to the ultra-wealthy who have a stake in it, including the Biden family.

• Winner Winner x 3
    20. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Did you watch the debate? I don't feel like many people will understand what I mean, but after listening to the Republican candidates, I mainly just hear various Facebook posts, Twitter outrage baits, and various Fox News scaremongering throughout the years. They don't really seem like thinking creatures anymore, just a collection of sounds from various political podcasts and right wing social media posts.

I'm also curious why are none of them mentioning the GOP's biggest vulnerability- that Trump might be off the ballot in certain states or in fucking prison before the election?

It's by far the biggest risk to the GOP and nobody is talking about it. If their nominee is imprisoned late in the game, especially after the convention, they are setting up for a landslide defeat as severe as in 1984? I hope so.

I did enjoy Christy's new "Donald Duck" nickname for Trump; it really captures the true essence of all things Trump.

What do you think about Trump's bizarre pitch to California voters Friday, promising to fill the state’s canals with enough water to irrigate homes, bathrooms and dampen forests to prevent wildfires?

“All the currently dry canals will be brimming and used to irrigate everything including your own homes and bathrooms and everything—you’re going to be happy and I'm going to get it done fast,” Trump said. “They say that there’s so much water up north that I want to have the overflow areas go into your forests and dampen your forests because if you dampen your forests you’re not going to have these forest fires that are burning at levels that nobody’s ever seen before.”

Sounds like a winning campaign promise to me. What an idea man, that "inject bleach" Trump guy.

Personal note: I hope you're OK and staying dry with all the flooding going on in NY.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you, we are fine, the flooding is an inconvenience, not a danger.

Trump never said to "inject bleach", nor drink it, to fight COVID-19 infections.
      (Source)

Biden, who promised during his campaign in 2020 to end COVID-19, had hundreds of thousands more deaths during his term than Trump did.

22. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 2
    23. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was surprised by the way the House Democrats acted during the first day impeachment inquiry of Joe Biden. They acted like there was no evidence of influence peddling. James Comer can now subpoena bank records from the Biden’s.

New Senator Katie Britt ripped Biden’s border policy after she visited the border. She talked of the brutal treatment of women by the cartels. She said the drug cartels have their tentacles all over this country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      During Trump's speech yesterday in California, Trump stated that anyone caught stealing from a store (shoplifting) should be shot immediately coming out of the store. This is horrifying and should frighten all Americans. No arrest, no jury or trial, just shoot them.

I wonder if Trump would like to give up his right to a fair trial on his 91 felonies? Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    25. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I didn't see the speech, but I'm guessing that this is the part of his same speech where Trump also wants to “wet” forest floors to prevent wildfires.

I'm also guessing, based upon his past remarks and personality, that he just as vehemently demanded the same penalty for employers who commit wage theft.

What's that? He did not? Are you telling me that a guy who shits into a golden toilet thinks workers exist to be trod upon? Well, color me shocked.

What about the blatant crimes and theft Trump commits in plain sight. Do these “law abiding citizens" care about that? Or just crimes by the poors and browns? Can we summarily execute perpetrators of financial crimes? CEOs who deny climate change, endangering humanity and causing trillions in property damage? These categories of criminals cost society a lot more than designer handbags in a crash and grab.

Remember he already suggested this during the George Floyd riots. "When the looting starts, the shooting starts", anyone? He's just repeating the same shit over and over again because it works. It polarizes people and the loonies come out of the woodworks to defend this sort of speech.

His comments tap the core emotion of bigoted conservatives. He wants extra judicial killings just like he asked for with Milley. If Trump becomes president, our democracy is done. All bow before the Trump king.

• Agree Agree x 2
    26. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trump’s felonies are ridiculous. If he wasn’t running for President, he wouldn’t have any. Trump often makes “off the cuff “comments. It’s the Democrats that wanted to defund the police and have open borders. I think the Republican policies are much better and can get some normalcy back to this country.

I didn’t vote for Biden. He’s worse than I ever imagined. Looks like he is compromised with all the influence peddling money he took in from foreign countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    27. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I like that remark, about shooting shoplifters, lol.

He says these things to get press, and to shock. There is an old saying that to get what you want, politically, you must first demand the impossible, and then settle for something that is doable.

It's gotten to the point where people in NYC rob stores by just taking what they want, and walking out. The drug stores are locking up much of the merchandise, so you have to get a clerk, if you can find one, to get it for you. The result is, that it's easier to just order your supplies online from Amazon, and many stores are closing down. Is this what it's coming to? Apparently, it is.

In order to bring attention to this national crisis, which has been happening more and more since Biden has been in office, Trump is suggesting extreme measures. We have to restore law and order to this country, and if you have not yet come to that conclusion, I'm sorry to say that you probably will, in the not-too-distant future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    28. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Fair enough. So I guess you are for shooting shoplifters as they come out of the store with no due-process then?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    29. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Some Democrats are taking a stand against the nomination of Joe Biden to run for president in 2024. The party should listen to their constituency, as the majority do not want him to run, either.

In the news:

Democratic Rep. Dean Phillips of Minnesota is leaving his position in House Democratic leadership over his party’s support of President Joe Biden’s 2024 reelection bid.

“My convictions relative to the 2024 presidential race are incongruent with the majority of my caucus, and I felt it appropriate to step aside from elected leadership,” Phillips said in a statement Sunday.

30. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      The US is screwed. It should be Gavin Newsom, RFK and Nikki Haley duking it out.

Biden must pass the torch and it sure looks like he isn't, mother f@cker. I guess TV dinners, religion and and a never-ending subservience to the Billionaire Club has sealed the US's fate. Maybe it is our just comeuppance for having waged such shitty wars and having been suckers for consumption and commercial advertising in the name of cooperate enterprise and profit. Perhaps in the Post Industrialized world we never had a chance?

Joe is way too old to do the Job and Trump is a crooked loser.

We need an option besides these two.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2