• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

hi all. I heard from Corrine walker, She said she got a 75% reduction in her tinnitus. it was called quiet 1 and is the autifony drug.!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US!!!!!!!hopefully she joins this group and shares her experience with us along the way!!!!!! gives me hope!!!
Did she specify if the reduction was only when she was on the drug or did it stay after the trial concluded?
Hopefully she comes here so we can get some additional details!

Positive news about Autifony...lifted a large burden off my chest; feeling reassured that we won't have to carry this condition our entire lives.

@jeannie

Thanks for the update Jeannie. Can you ask her one extremely important question please? For how long did she have T before she started the AUT treatment?

I did ask her more questions but have not got any response yet. I also invited her to this forum as it would be much better if she gave information herself, so I don't say anything wrong. yes I ask how long she had her T but didn't hear back from her, I hope I didn't bombard her with questions...I was just excited to hear good news, as it gives us hope. it seemed to me like she is still 75% free of tinnitus, but if I hear anything , and she doesn't join us here I will find more information.

Hi well ..she wrote me back and she had her tinnitus for a year and got it from suctioning , the tinnitus came back 3 weeks after she got done taking autifony ,they told her it would though... So she is struggling again just as we all are .

So there is definitely a proof of efficacy, and the fact that the T came back after three weeks is extremely insightful. This only further reinforces my belief that TRT type therapies are necessary for effective long term treatment. Neuroplasticity and the integration of neural function is extremely intriguing and complex. Medication is only 50%~ of winning this war against T.

Additionally, I would not mind taking AUT for the rest of my life if it meant no dangerous side effects due to prolonged use (one of the main driving force behind AUT).

Hi well ..she wrote me back and she had her tinnitus for a year and got it from suctioning , the tinnitus came back 3 weeks after she got done taking autifony ,they told her it would though... So she is struggling again just as we all are .

Well if this reduces T, therapy will be much easier for those with moderate to severe tinnitus. I have a relatively mild T only really noticeable at bedtime, butI worry that it can get worse as I went through a period of bad T a week ago. I find stress can bring it on. But be mindful, active and don't have your thoughts about T consume you. Treatment and therapy will be the key to combating tinnitus. Those with noise induced T, expect hearing cures for the cochlea hair like structures to be available within a decade. Treating the underlying cause, with effective treatment and therapy will be the cure for T. I am hopeful that I will be able to hear silence once again.

Well if this reduces T, therapy will be much easier for those with moderate to severe tinnitus. I have a relatively mild T only really noticeable at bedtime, butI worry that it can get worse as I went through a period of bad T a week ago. I find stress can bring it on. But be mindful, active and don't have your thoughts about T consume you. Treatment and therapy will be the key to combating tinnitus. Those with noise induced T, expect hearing cures for the cochlea hair like structures to be available within a decade. Treating the underlying cause, with effective treatment and therapy will be the cure for T. I am hopeful that I will be able to hear silence once again.

I'm glad we're all positive about the drug now! All this negativity beforehand was woeful. Anyway, I can't wait for this to be fast-tracked and help so many sufferers! I bet this will create competition with other drug companies and we will get better and more effective treatments!

I'm glad we're all positive about the drug now! All this negativity beforehand was woeful. Anyway, I can't wait for this to be fast-tracked and help so many sufferers! I bet this will create competition with other drug companies and we will get better and more effective treatments!
Was autifony goal a cure or treatment. is it a fail if no cure or will they trial it as a possible treatment to take daily for releif?

Was autifony goal a cure or treatment. is it a fail if no cure or will they trial it as a possible treatment to take daily for releif?

I guess they are not attempting to cure it, but treat it with a meaningful reduction.

I think I have mild T with hyperacusis, but I also have impacted wisdom teeth. I have pain in my ears and I feel everyday sounds are irritating though it might be my wisdom teeth, can impacted wisdom teeth cause you to have these problems to sudden noises temporarily? I'm very paranoid and I'm only 18.

Impacted wisdom should be extracted regardless of T. In fact, it may very well be attributing to your T. Perhaps extraction should be your first option, and start from there. Proccess of elimination, start with the small things first before jumping into drugs, experiments, and other invasive treatments.

I think I have mild T with hyperacusis, but I also have impacted wisdom teeth. I have pain in my ears and I feel everyday sounds are irritating though it might be my wisdom teeth, can impacted wisdom teeth cause you to have these problems to sudden noises temporarily? I'm very paranoid and I'm only 18.

@Adam G

Also, I am assuming your tinnitus started as of recent; therefore, you should consider steroids such as Prednisone. It might help at the very early stages of tinnitus, and the sooner you do it the better. It is definitely worth talking to your doctor about ASAP.

@Adam G

Also, I am assuming your tinnitus started as of recent; therefore, you should consider steroids such as Prednisone. It might help at the very early stages of tinnitus, and the sooner you do it the better. It is definitely worth talking to your doctor about ASAP.
Do they really help the steroids my sis has been hearing a faint ring after she was sick for a couple of days and im scared for her she says she barely hears it but its still there can the steroids eliminate it or can it worsen it?

From my limited understanding it can certainly help if it is due to inflammation, which may be the case for your sister. There is an entire thread dedicated to steroids, I would check it out, very good info there.

Do they really help the steroids my sis has been hearing a faint ring after she was sick for a couple of days and im scared for her she says she barely hears it but its still there can the steroids eliminate it or can it worsen it?

From my limited understanding it can certainly help if it is due to inflammation, which may be the case for your sister. There is an entire thread dedicated to steroids, I would check it out, very good info there.
Hey I have had mild T for a year now it just seems that I am very irritable around sudden noises etc, I also have pain in my ears and jaw area, it got worse over a week. I have impacted wisdom teeth though but i fear I might have developed hyperacusis a thing where noises are irritable and cause ear pain, Im wondering if this is temporary due to my wisdom teeth.

' suctioning'? Did she have any hearing loss? I thought you had to some hearing loss to get on trial???

@Adam G

I think you missed what I wrote you a few posts up:

Impacted wisdom should be extracted regardless of T. In fact, it may very well be attributing to your T. Perhaps extraction should be your first option, and start from there. Proccess of elimination, start with the small things first before jumping into drugs, experiments, and other invasive treatments.

This thread is for AUT, but there are threads on this forums that covers your exact concerns regarding TMJ/Dental.

So the 75 percent reduction was right after taking AUT or after the three weeks after AUT?

if it comes back after 3 weeks it means during those three weeks the brain is adjusted in some way ... this is very positive news actually. Imagine taking it for a year at higher dosage ... how long will it stay away than?

I hope she comes to tell her story ... maybe you can just copy paste her messages jeannie?

So the 75 percent reduction was right after taking AUT or after the three weeks after AUT?

if it comes back after 3 weeks it means during those three weeks the brain is adjusted in some way ... this is very positive news actually. Imagine taking it for a year at higher dosage ... how long will it stay away than?

I hope she comes to tell her story ... maybe you can just copy paste her messages jeannie?

+1 for copying messages if its not an issue.

Amazing news, I would be extremely happy with pills that take take T for couple of days (or even a single day in worst case scenario) and minimal side effects.

I can just imagine autifony will be swimming in cash if it it works.

I guess if one is set out to cure T, it has to be directed on the haircells in the cochlea. But if this potassium channel modulator drug can efficiently reduce T by 75%, as it has with this particular trialist its as good as a cure to me. Everyone can live with mild T. Especially if the mild T. is a 75% reduction of what it once was.

I guess if one is set out to cure T, it has to be directed on the haircells in the cochlea. But if this potassium channel modulator drug can efficiently reduce T by 75%, as it has with this particular trialist its as good as a cure to me. Everyone can live with mild T. Especially if the mild T. is a 75% reduction of what it once was.

What if they higher the dosage? Also with trobalt, it gets lower and lower with time, so could be the same with this drug. Anyway, I hope I can get onto phase 3.

Perhaps the solution is, not only one, but two or more methods... Maybe a pill or ear injection in combination with Vagus Nerve Stimulation or TRT or something else. Where the first is used to cure or heal the cochlea and the other to reprogram the brain.

Perhaps the solution is, not only one, but two or more methods... Maybe a pill or ear injection in combination with Vagus Nerve Stimulation or TRT or something else. Where the first is used to cure or heal the cochlea and the other to reprogram the brain.

I think we are far off for a cure, but mild tinnitus is nothing really...It's manageable.

What if they higher the dosage? Also with trobalt, it gets lower and lower with time, so could be the same with this drug. Anyway, I hope I can get onto phase 3.
I hope so too. Cause then we would have someone on the inside who we know wouldnt hesitate to share his experiences.

I hope so too. Cause then we would have someone on the inside who we know wouldnt hesitate to share his experiences.

Still...Trobalt proves the KV7 channels have importance in regards to tinnitus. The KV7 channels decrease after the noise exposure. Therefore wouldn't a KV7+KV3 drug make more sense?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now