• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

S

Sorry dan if i offend you or made you
depressed. My apologies. Everyone has a freedom to choose and believe in whatever he wants. I choose for myself not to belive and not to have some hope about the Autifony drug. Beacause my own theory on how and why T start is different than doctors Large one. And again i am not a doctor not a scientist.
Now i don't want to make you or anyone else depressed but you should also be prepared for very poor outcome from the trial. Don't be too naive people.

Explain what your theory is then.

Autifony will work...Ignore the haters. I know it's gonna work 100%.
I love you DannyBoy - U seem like such a nice guy in the interview too. But like I said on my very first post on this forum its a non-sexual crush, so dont be alarmed:D.

I am thinking about writing Autifony a letter begging them to take me in. I can live in Wigan or Bury for a month, no problem. Then I can attend Ewood Park and watch several matches with my beloved Rovers too(with earplugs ofcourse).

Sounds like a cure to me. You think they´ll let me in? They are starved for participants for christ sake!!

Well, do you have hearing loss of 20 db at 1 or multiple frequencies?
Yes.
Right ear: 25db at 4k
Left ear: 35db at 7k
Those are my "dips" as they call it.
My T is at 12.5-13KHz though and certainly more severe/louder in my right ear.
Audiograms tells us nothing about our T. There seems to be no logic to it.
Btw my hearing is generally good and I can hear up to 18KHz.
I´m not british though, obviously, but I do love britain:)
More info than you bet for I guess. Sry!!

Yes.
Right ear: 25db at 4k
Left ear: 35db at 7k
Those are my "dips" as they call it.
My T is at 12.5-13KHz though and certainly more severe/louder in my right ear.
Audiograms tells us nothing about our T. There seems to be no logic to it.
Btw my hearing is generally good and I can hear up to 18KHz.
I´m not british though, obviously, but I do love brittain:)
More info than you bet for I guess. Sry!!

I know audiograms are useless about T but it is still a requirement to be included in the study.

Just went through the inclusion criteria. While you would qualify for the hearing loss requirement, you need to be a UK resident. It also looks like you need to be referred by a doctor as well.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02315508?term=QUIET-1&rank=1

Also note that 3 sites are listed as not yet recruiting... Asleep at the wheel much, you think?

you need to be a UK
I know audiograms are useless about T but it is still a requirement to be included in the study.

Just went through the inclusion criteria. While you would qualify for the hearing loss requirement, you need to be a UK resident. It also looks like you need to be referred by a doctor as well.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02315508?term=QUIET-1&rank=1

Also note that 3 sites are listed as not yet recruiting... Asleep at the wheel much, you think?

Yah, doesnt seem like they r in a hurry much. We should do something controversial, like showing up at his house and perform a play for him about T and suffering...or something...Mown his lawn..stage something..
I dont know. Im just being silly over here. Ther is no harm in writing them an email I guess.
Ill sign up for the whole god damn forum if you want!:dohanimation:

I love you DannyBoy - U seem like such a nice guy in the interview too. But like I said on my very first post on this forum its a non-sexual crush, so dont be alarmed:D.

I am thinking about writing Autifony a letter begging them to take me in. I can live in Wigan or Bury for a month, no problem. Then I can attend Ewood Park and watch several matches with my beloved Rovers too(with earplugs ofcourse).

Sounds like a cure to me. You think they´ll let me in? They are starved for participants for christ sake!!

Haha. No worries I understand and much love back. Anyway, I wish they would take me in, but their silly hearing component disallows me from entering. If they want more people they should have some leeway...But seems they are very stringent in their ways.

Haha. No worries I understand and much love back. Anyway, I wish they would take me in, but their silly hearing component disallows me from entering. If they want more people they should have some leeway...But seems they are very stringent in their ways.

I think it's a good thing they are. When designing a new drug like this you have to be super cautious about who your'e including in the testing. If you pick the wrong candidates (include the wrong type of patients) you might get bad results even though the drug is good, or vice versa. So we just have to be patient and wait. I think they're doing a really good job so far.

I think it's a good thing they are. When designing a new drug like this you have to be super cautious about who your'e including in the testing. If you pick the wrong candidates (include the wrong type of patients) you might get bad results even though the drug is good, or vice versa. So we just have to be patient and wait. I think they're doing a really good job so far.

Well, trobalt worked on me, so I would imagine their drug would too.

Of course it won't work for all types of tinnitus....For example it may not work for pulsatile tinnitus.

"Autifony is developing a novel drug, AUT00063, that may help to treat people with some types of tinnitus, in particular tinnitus associated with hearing loss following noise exposure or ageing. The first clinical trial to explore the possible efficacy of AUT00063 in people with tinnitus has now started and is recruiting in the UK."

It could be on the market before 2020 if they can fast-track, that is, if the results are positive.
I hope you are right and we will get this drug soon! I have a tonal T. The sad thing is that only autifony is recruiting people in the UK. The rest of Europe is sleeping.....they want to earn money with TRT and benzo's in place of finding that something is really helping us.

I hope you are right and we will get this drug soon! I have a tonal T. The sad thing is that only autifony is recruiting people in the UK. The rest of Europe is sleeping.....they want to earn money with TRT and benzo's in place of finding that something is really helping us.

Well, it'll cost far too much money to expand across Europe. They need to prove it works and if it does they get more investment and can expand the trials.

You rock bro! Love your daily mojo.

No problem! Have hope and trust in Autifony and we will make it!

Hey Guys.

New to the entire Quiet trials. Could anyone tell me what have they started the second trial yet or whats the story? and if anyone was to have a guess when would it be released at earliest everything going well

Dubbyman ,my tinnitus fluctuates most of the time,and some days it will stay the same ,it cango from a 1 to a 9 . today it has been really loud s
ometimes its in the middle of head .yes I have tried everything I can think of. I am wearing g a 24/7 splint right now for tmj and I don't know if its making it worse or not yet.I have tmj ,fibromyalgia,c5 cervical problems too.mild hearing loss .I'm praying autofony will help because mine is louder most of the time anymore.I have spent thousands of dollars including hearing aides nothing really helps and when I think it might be helping for a day or 2 then it comes back...right now I take magnesium,and Xanax at bedtime and I have a sound machine . all I can say is F%#K Tinnitus!! What about you Dubbyman?

Dubbyman ,my tinnitus fluctuates most of the time,and some days it will stay the same ,it cango from a 1 to a 9 . today it has been really loud s
ometimes its in the middle of head .yes I have tried everything I can think of. I am wearing g a 24/7 splint right now for tmj and I don't know if its making it worse or not yet.I have tmj ,fibromyalgia,c5 cervical problems too.mild hearing loss .I'm praying autofony will help because mine is louder most of the time anymore.I have spent thousands of dollars including hearing aides nothing really helps and when I think it might be helping for a day or 2 then it comes back...right now I take magnesium,and Xanax at bedtime and I have a sound machine . all I can say is F%#K Tinnitus!! What about you Dubbyman?
I 100 percent agree with you. F@@K this stupid condition. I a have been confined to a wheelchair all my life so I got lost in the world of video games and film editing. Loud sound has been my life. No one ever told me about this condition so I have a lot of regret. I think it was loud headphones that caused mine. Mine is mainly in my left ear and it normally has a pattern where its really loud one day and then the next, its very low. I also sleep next to a sound machine. The sound of rain helps the most. I take clonaxepam every once in a while for anxiety but all that does for me is zones me out and makes me not care about the noise. Im going for hearing aids later this month but i honestly dont have any faith that it will provide any relief. I'm sorry to hear about all your issues. I wish you the best and I hope autifony works!!!!

I posted this link previously some time ago, but they now have more information on their site.

Someone else looking at developing another drug to target areas, similar in working, to 063

http://knoppbio.com/research/show.php?2
I seems to me like T. is their last target, far away from primary... But autifony also targets hearing loss, than T.....I do not know, like T. is not still a main research target anywhere :/

I posted this link previously some time ago, but they now have more information on their site.

Someone else looking at developing another drug to target areas, similar in working, to 063

http://knoppbio.com/research/show.php?2
Thanks, looks like it's in its infancy but at least people are showing interest in developing drugs for these conditions.

Yup the world just doesnt care about t because of one little stupid fact, "It's not fatal."lol never mind the fact that it can drive people into deep depression. Never mind the fact that it causes insomnia, with drawl, emotional distress. concentration and memory problems. T can transform the happiest individual on the planet into a miserable human being who obsesses over suicide. Robert Mcindo stabbed himself to death because of t. A woman walked in front of a train, a piano player killed himself, a former cop shot himself dead!!!! Thats just the articles i've read online. Yeah it's not fatal. Not to mention the lack of awareness and the dangerous decibel levels of headphones, concerts, ear buds, bars and clubs. "Yup lets just not warn people so they get it and then let's not help them."

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now