• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Yup the world just doesnt care about t because of one little stupid fact, "It's not fatal."lol never mind the fact that it can drive people into deep depression. Never mind the fact that it causes insomnia, with drawl, emotional distress. concentration and memory problems. T can transform the happiest individual on the planet into a miserable human being who obsesses over suicide. Robert Mcindo stabbed himself to death because of t. A woman walked in front of a train, a piano player killed himself, a former cop shot himself dead!!!! Thats just the articles i've read online. Yeah it's not fatal. Not to mention the lack of awareness and the dangerous decibel levels of headphones, concerts, ear buds, bars and clubs. "Yup lets just not warn people so they get it and then let's not help them."
Unfortunetly just like that... It so crazy how some ppl reacts when u told them about ringing ear or head 24/7... Half of them- O fu..k it si so scary, but other half-well there are so many worser thing that could happened, u can not die from it ! Well stick that your opinion to your *ss! Terible...and scientists definetly rates this as some not invasive contidion... that is really devastating! that's why they are not finding a cure or relief for 25 yaers... just some stupid ideas, and the drugs that has secondary use as treatment of t...

Unfortunetly just like that... It so crazy how some ppl reacts when u told them about ringing ear or head 24/7... Half of them- O fu..k it si so scary, but other half-well there are so many worser thing that could happened, u can not die from it ! Well stick that your opinion to your *ss! Terible...and scientists definetly rates this as some not invasive contidion... that is really devastating! that's why they are not finding a cure or relief for 25 yaers... just some stupid ideas, and the drugs that has secondary use as treatment of t...
Im with you 100%

To be honest at this point, I'd rather have no hope in this drug than have too much only to be let down. It's hard enough to see that things will get better with this condition. We don't need an added letdown that could push people to suicide. Because for some people, coping is all they have because habituation is just not achievable.

To be honest at this point, I'd rather have no hope in this drug than have too much only to be let down. It's hard enough to see that things will get better with this condition. We don't need an added letdown that could push people to suicide. Because for some people, coping is all they have because habituation is just not achievable.
If somebody was going to commit suicide, they are gonna do it anyways, so why not give some hope and in the meantime try to achieve some habituation...Nick Williams, a 23 year old from Australia committed suicide from T&H and the resulting fallout in his personal life...I sent him Keppra for his H and it was delivered one day after his passing. Why did he pay for the Keppra if he wasnt gonna try it? - nobody knows, but the fact that Keppra was there, didnt make any difference. I guess his mental state was too far gone.
So my point is people are gonna off themselves regardless of Autifony.

We all should be positive, but sometimes it is so hard to stay positive when u see what is going on, and that condition of T is not taken seriously enough...Eddy Temple from BTA was talking about it...

But I still believe that relief is close...in close future final drug... I hope so much...

We all should be positive, but sometimes it is so hard to stay positive when u see what is going on, and that condition of T is not taken seriously enough...Eddy Temple from BTA was talking about it...

But I still believe that relief is close...in close future final drug... I hope so much...
I love Eddie Temple Morris. That guy is kick ass. I just wish everyone with t would talk about it the way he does.

Yeah, I agree, you can't hang your hat on this drug working, if it doesn't, the let down could be too much to handle for some.

You are better off moving on, the chances of this drug working is small, if it does work, well then it's time to celebrate like you just won the lottery.

stay positive
It's nice to stay positive , dance sing whatever .. But I'm sure I won't be doing that if the results were disappointing , it's best to keep "some " or a "little " hope in AUT and take any success as an unexpected bonus , that's for me at least

if one thing is for sure is that there is a lot of shitty advice going around here! ...

Go Autifony!! ... stay positive, smile! believe, hope, laugh, dance, sing, hug, peace!!
Staying positive is not calling down other people and their advise as "shitty", this in itself is very negative and judgemental.

Take you own advise and try and be positive, accept that some people may have different opinions than you.

Staying positive is not calling down other people and their advise as "shitty", this in itself is very negative and judgemental.

Take you own advise and try and be positive, accept that some people may have different opinions than you.
Hi Telis, This comment is not posted at you in particular. It is just because it was the easiest thing to do was oopy the latest comment on this thread. I have been reading through the last few pages and everyone just semms to be putting in posts that are somehow to me seemingly pointless. Now people are chucking posts back and forth about whether they are correct to be positive and optimistic or not. I mean what is the point of these posts. How are they helping at all? Not directed at anyone in particular but just everyone - please can we keep this an informative and supportive forum and not just pointless comments justifying our own reaction or not to autifony and results or lack of them. If anyone has information or communication that is authentic and confirmed then yes please post it here if they can without breaking confidences. Otherwise please let us not descend into arguments between us.....thanks people.....said in a mood of peace be to all of us......

Well you don`t understand that you can either smile and dance and discover something doesn`t work ... or you can cry and whinge and discover something doesn`t work ...

who will have the most fun??? who will have made the world a little bit happier doing their stuff??

you can either be on the good side, or the bad side ... over 30 years ago ... and still people havn`t learned anything from star wars!

and of course I will judge you if you try to drag everyone down covering up your negativity in intelligence ... being positive has nothing to do with keeping your mouth shut ... sometimes you have to kick the cow to get it out of the mud.

Use the force my friend ...

and if you come here to give advice to poeple to move on you yourself are the hypocrite ... anyone that has moved on doesn`t visit this forum.

I think shares in Autifony would be a very good investment ! And if ever that is possible I would most definately invest in them. If AUT00063 is successful, and it's looking like it will be, then Autifony will be worth many millions very quickly.

They are kind of stating between the lines that they are delighted by the results they have seen so far. Atleast that`s how I read it.

I should hope so! I doubt they would say "We just raised $8 mil, though our results are marginal at best!" Anyway no sense in continuing to argue about it. We will know within time if this works or not. Patience may not be a virtue for us with T but we have no choice at this point!

All of us t sufferers need to hop in a time machine and go back to a reasonable time before our t started. The only catch is we can only take our knowledge of the existence of this shit condition with us.

I think shares in Autifony would be a very good investment

If you want to invest in them, seeing as they are not self funded, you could invest in imperial innovations which has a 27.5 % share holding in them. The main issue being you are also relying on the other portfolio funds as well to perform, so the price could change depending on other results .

There are other investors / fund managers as well so you would assume some of these have a % holding as well

http://www.imperialinnovations.co.uk/ventures/portfolio/

http://www.imperialinnovations.co.uk/investor-relations/share-price/

Autifony Therapeutics is an independent UK based biotechnology company formed in 2011 as a spin-out from GSK, which retains equity in the company. The company is focused on the development of high value, novel medicines to treat hearing disorders and serious disorders of the central nervous system, such as schizophrenia. Autifony Therapeutics is funded by SV Life Sciences, Imperial Innovations, Pfizer Venture Investments, International Biotechnology Trust PLC and UCL Business.

@dan I disagree. People off themselves because of tinnitus period. It is not for some, a mere disposition towards suicide but catastrophic T, H that induces complete and utter hopelessness and then....death.

Nick may of been your " bro" but gf or not, I doubt that was single cause of his suicide.

I am suicidal. Every single day I think about it and if it weren't for my kids, I would of probably been gone.

H and T has done this. I am not the same person that I was 2 years ago. I live in hell.

Speaking of Keppra, has it worked for your H???

@dan I disagree. People off themselves because of tinnitus period. It is not for some, a mere disposition towards suicide but catastrophic T, H that induces complete and utter hopelessness and then....death.

Nick may of been your " bro" but gf or not, I doubt that was single cause of his suicide.

I am suicidal. Every single day I think about it and if it weren't for my kids, I would of probably been gone.

H and T has done this. I am not the same person that I was 2 years ago. I live in hell.

Speaking of Keppra, has it worked for your H???

Hey Street Spirit. I just drank 3 Somersby Apple Ciders, so my head isnt that clear.
I am sorry that your sucidial, I know the feeling and I know your kids give you strength to persevere.
Of course T and H played a big role in his taking his own life, it was the something that broke the camels back. Among the conditions he had (that I knew of) were vertigo, eye floaters, vision loss, hyperacusis and tinnitus. Then his bloody gf did not support him at all and they had some major arguments that weekend just beore his death. I was under the impression he had accepted the fact to move on, but apparently he moved on to the next life instead. Nick wherever you are I miss you.
I think I was one of the last people to talk to him (on Skype). What a great guy he was, we had a lot in common.

Sad for someone that young, but I suppose it would be impossible to understand all the stressors in his life without having them yourself to his degree.

Hey Street Spirit. I just drank 3 Somersby Apple Ciders, so my head isnt that clear.
I am sorry that your sucidial, I know the feeling and I know your kids give you strength to persevere.
Of course T and H played a big role in his taking his own life, it was the something that broke the camels back. Among the conditions he had (that I knew of) were vertigo, eye floaters, vision loss, hyperacusis and tinnitus. Then his bloody gf did not support him at all and they had some major arguments that weekend just beore his death. I was under the impression he had accepted the fact to move on, but apparently he moved on to the next life instead. Nick wherever you are I miss you.
I think I was one of the last people to talk to him (on Skype). What a great guy he was, we had a lot in common.

yes I am aware he had floaters as we had / have mutual friend who also has t and terrible floaters...anyways..all good.

and I don't mean to be so forthright about my own mental status..tbh..but with what all I am dealing with myself (and someone else very close to me who is suicidal because of a life ruined by T) it does a diservice to other severe sufferers to say nothing.

Sorry to get off topic regardless.

Mia is viking guy who is gossiping to us that he has sister in Nottingam hospial and autifony is nothing but money loundering and therefore fake medicine.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that today I was screened for the AUT0063 trial. As I expected I didn't get through because I'm doing well with my T ie. although I still have T I am habituating really well and I'm coping well with it too - this apparently excludes you from the trial !
What I can tell you is this, according to the trial nurse I was assigned to, they are looking to recruit 152 trailees in total. There are more than 12 sites involved in the recruitment process and the trailing of the drug. So far they are 'on track' in terms of numbers for the trial. The trial is due to close at the end of this year with results out a few months later. But I know a previous poster on here has said that they got an email from Autifony saying the results would be out at the end of this year - so who knows.
I can tell you they are very thorough in the screening for this trial, which is a very good thing. Guys I work in the pharmaceutical industry and I have some insight into clinical trials, how they are set up and what they are trying to achieve and from what I experienced today, Autifony are doing everything really well. In my opinion, when these results are out, they will be reliable, accurate and robust - which is what is we need. No matter what the outcome.

So please guys, hang on in there. We'll know more in a few months - but after today I have every confidence in Autifony and this trial.

Hope this info is useful. Best wishes all. Xx

Just wanted to let you know that today I was screened for the AUT0063 trial. As I expected I didn't get through because I'm doing well with my T ie. although I still have T I am habituating really well and I'm coping well with it too - this apparently excludes you from the trial !

Is this for real real? They won't let you in if they deem you don't have it bad enough?

Here are the inclusion/exclusion criteria from the trials web page. It seems they have removed the hearing loss requirements of 20 db?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02315508

Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years and older
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No

Criteria

Inclusion Criteria:
  • English-speaking, who are UK residents registered with a UK General Practitioner;
  • Experiencing stable tinnitus (consistent from day to day)
  • Tinnitus has existed for not less than 6 months, and not more than 18 months - Contraceptive methods must be used before and for at least 30 days after the stop of the study treatment.
Exclusion Criteria:
  • Severe hearing impairment such that verbal communication is unreliable;
  • History of important cardiac, endocrine, pulmonary, neurologic, psychiatric, hepatic, renal, hematologic, immunologic, or other major diseases deemed clinically significant at the time of the study by the Investigator and which might be jeopardised by entering the study;
  • Moderate or severe depression or generalised anxiety
  • Participation in any clinical research study evaluating another investigational drug or therapy within 30 days of starting the investigational treatment
  • Participation in hearing study, involving an intervention, within 3 months from last study visit;
  • Central nervous system pathologies e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease;
  • Tinnitus as a concomitant symptom of a known otological condition (including but not limited to otitis externa, otitis media, otosclerosis, cholesteatoma, Ménière's disease or other vestibular problems, acoustic neuroma, or temporo-mandibular joint disorder);
  • Pulsatile tinnitus (rhythmical sounds that often beat in time with the heartbeat);
  • Intermittent tinnitus (comes and goes from one day to the next);
  • Surgery or medical condition that might would be expected to significantly affect absorption of medicines;
Correct me if I'm wrong someone but it seems to me that doing well with your tinnitus is not an exclusion criteria. It seems quite the opposite really.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now