• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

But I'm genuinely hoping I'll get to meet you sometime @Wrfortiscue (along with everyone else). Although, I respect that like me, you may have limitations where flying is concerned. In my case it's because of my Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, and my left ears inability to equalize pressure effectively.

For you it might be more to do with the fact that your tinnitus is quite reactive and unstable at the moment; so maybe in a couple of years when it's more settled you'll be able to make the journey and come visit your UK compatriots. :huganimation:
That would be awesome. I'm down for whatever lol.

;)

Anyone ever remember Jack LaLanne? He was a television muscle builder showing ways to build muscle through lifting heavy objects, stretching himself between 2 chairs, and squats. Well after all those years of muscle, when he finally retired, all that muscle he worked to get turned to flab.

@aura, I'm deeply offended by this discrimination! What about all those cute boys and middle aged (hot) men around the block!??

If @Damocles and I were to give up our face on the internet we would be harassed by a constant stream of men and women trying to get a piece of our ass!
My mistake, @Exit, please accept my apologies!

You deserve just as much as any cute girl to have your photo placed under some psycho's pillow!

I wouldn't be happy, for example, if my mum were to visit here and tie some of my posts to a picture of me. You see, although I do share tinnitus stuff with her (she has severe tinnitus too) I know deep in my heart that she would find some of my writing too upsetting. And I don't want to be responsible for that so I shield her from it.
I think she would understand but yes, I get your point.
Even Mrs. UKB, who's well aware that I post here, doesn't actually know my username!
Smart move! Those flying plates, man... :D
I'm amazed that @Steph1710 managed to get me to show my own face on here for a brief moment.
I'm not. It is @Steph1710 we're talking about. She's a legend! :)

That moment when @Damocles doesn't react to one of your posts:

Screenshot_20220306-121200~2.png

Don't remember
them being boiled though.
I've given the context previously, and I'll just say that boiling meatballs is generally a pretty controversial opinion. I simply couldn't comprehend such a baroque way of cooking meat balls, until I tried it myself and realized that it's fine lol.
Do you know this place, @Stacken77?
Nah. I've been to Gothenburg two times though to visit a friend, but we just ate pizza and KFC.

I've given the context previously
Ah, OK. Hadn't seen that post. When we used to eat boiled Black Pudding we would scoop the filling out, and I think that's what made it palatable. Not possible to do with a meatball, and this is probably what raised my eyebrows.

It'll be a bit of a challenge getting it past 'the food tester' ;) but I think I'm going to try boiling meatballs. Will upload a photo if successful :)

So, I went for a job interview this morning, and they just rang to offer me the position! :)

I am very, very pleased. The job involves running different heritage projects in the community, as well as looking after the museum's collections.

It's only three days a week, which is perfect for me as I am determined to complete my masters this year, and working part time will allow me to do so.

So yeah, very happy Steph. :D

I'm always holding my cat like a baby and sniffing his side. He hates it lmao. Freaking grumpy cat.

With that being said, he can sense depression or distress and will come by me to give love (biscuits and purrs) when he can.

So, I went for a job interview this morning, and they just rang to offer me the position! :)

I am very, very pleased. The job involves running different heritage projects in the community, as well as looking after the museum's collections.

It's only three days a week, which is perfect for me as I am determined to complete my masters this year, and working part time will allow me to do so.

That's really awesome, congratulations!

I'm always holding my cat like a baby and sniffing his side. He hates it lmao. Freaking grumpy cat.
:giggle:
With that being said, he can sense depression or distress and will come by me to give love (biscuits and purrs) when he can.
Yeah, I really love cats. But am apprehensive about owning one for reasons that I covered in another thread.
Haha damn, good luck! Lots of mewing incoming lol.
So these unfortunately aren't mine. They belong to a friend of my Mum's.

We were offered one of course, but yeah, what I said above.

I'm traumatised by the frequent ear infections I suffered in the past.

Proper chuffed for ya. WELL DONE! :beeranimation:

Congrats. Sounds like a dream job.

Still searching for something myself.

Proud of you Steph! And happy for you too!

I find that ever since Russia attacked Ukraine my tinnitus has bothered me even less. As I do doom scrolling in Twitter my tinnitus can be super loud but the bothersomeness is very low. Worrying about Russian invasion, seeing blown up houses, killed children and burned soldiers is unpleasant but at the same time it makes my tinnitus to seem like a least of my worries.

I am not sure this is the right thread to share this.

@Damocles, ha! Thanks buddy. I'll try my best.

Though it is a great shame that the only men I have around me are lofty old balding historians, rather than young, semi-naked warriors, welding large swords.

A girl can dream hey. :love:

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now