• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

So.

March 10th and i still walk around looking like Kenny from South Park.

View attachment 49404

Hopefully the weather will get better, allowing the sun to give those little ears the love they deserve.

Unfortunately, they will also get a lot of hate from kids, dogs, cars, balloons and shoes.

That means I need ASAP some comfortable earplugs and maybe a pair of cute, not so bulky, girly girl earmuffs.

Any suggestions?
Better weather will not hide your green earmuffs that well ;)

No you already got the girly version :D

Who's snickers btw? :)
This is Snickers lol.

Snickers.png

Here's a piece of Exit's real life...

Behind the right wall is my pillow...

This is the so-called fibre wire project which require 2 years of noise and torture...

0F651B8D-0587-42CD-873B-23409B2E5D3E.jpeg

Is this pillow talk...?

Lol if I had good ears I should check it out!
It has subtitles on Disney+. Season 2 just dropped in Scandinavia. I know too much lol... :giggle:

This is the so-called fibre wire project which require 2 years of noise and torture...

View attachment 49412

Is this pillow talk...?
I hope they don't drill in the middle of the night at least...

Look on the bright side; now you have access to very fast internet. :LOL:

View attachment 49412

Is this pillow talk...?
Is this where you live?

Looks like a coffin to me...

Maybe you should stick to flora and fauna photos. We want those birds back.

Oh, look. The glory hole.

Not one, but two!

Screenshot_20220310-203436~2.png

Is this where you live?

Looks like a coffin to me...

Maybe you should stick to flora and fauna photos. We want those birds back.

Not one, but two!

View attachment 49413
I would prefer a nice quiet coffin...

Yup a closet coincidentally right behind my pillow...

There's one on the floor below me too... looks even worse!

It has subtitles on Disney+. Season 2 just dropped in Scandinavia. I know too much lol... :giggle:

I hope they don't drill in the middle of the night at least...

Look on the bright side; now you have access to very fast internet. :LOL:
Nope, no fast internet for another month... 4 apartments done... 21 to go...

They only scream at nights... Oh and one asshole got a coffee grinder, does it 10 times a day...

Delicious @Steph1710, just like you :love:
Smoooth, like the inside of a Cadbury's crème egg. (y)

Why can't you bring this sort of game to your dating app pitches?
I'm currently eating a Cadbury's crème egg...
I like these so much that I'm willing to excuse the fact Mondelēz International f*cked around with the recipe and lowered the quality.

The thing is, the Cadbury's chocolate still tastes great, but they cheapened the filling, so now it leaves a sour aftertaste.

Anyway, I take Easter (just like Halloween and Christmas) very seriously, so I demand one of these ▼ every year, from whichever relative is willing to meet the quota.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

I'm eating too much sugar and chocolate after this tinnitus crap... just to manage stay awake until I can sleep...
I was doing the same up until a week ago; junk food life.

But not to stay awake. Just because never ending (ethereal) pain makes it hard not to seek out frequent dopamine hits via instant gratification.

Actually, sugar wouldn't keep me up anyway, I require caffeine for that (so green tea or dark chocolate). But it's not a good kind of staying up, it's more a kind of, very nervous clinging to the edge of your seat, kind of staying up.
Who's snickers btw? :)
You're Snickers, @Exit.
@Stacken77 is Coco.
I'm Bluey (naturally :cool:).

So a quick and rare status update from me.

My parents are currently on holiday abroad, so that means I'm in the apartment by myself.

That's right @aura, you read what you think you just read correctly: 33 year old guy living at home with his parents just got the place to himself. :cool:

So, y'know, feel free to fly on over whenever you want...

Anyway, today, because they're not here, I was charged with going out and buying new plugs (no not those kinds of plugs you animals, get your minds out of the gutter; plant plugs.) for my Mum's gardening when she gets back.

The thing is I don't know anything about plant species, so I'm just hoping what I've got is similar to what she asked for.

Secondly, I tried to push for the burn when exercising two days ago, like me and @ZFire were talking about, and went overboard by planking (esp. side planking) for too long. So now my arms and shoulders have frozen up, making it difficult (and painful) to do tasks that involve using my arms (what tasks don't involve using your arms? :LOL:); literally can't get ear defenders up to my head and onto my ears without difficulty at the moment. It's actually ridiculous :ROFL:. But still not as ridiculous as tinnitus ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°).

Speaking of which I'm also suffering a spike myself at the moment, from music on YouTube (again...).

Who knows when I'll learn to just call it a day with music, and realise it's never coming back.

Had Luniz "I Got 5 on It" (which I saw @Labyrinthine had uploaded to the Hip Hop Music Thread) playing in my head for the past couple days, and succumbed to listening to it on my laptop.

-I remember I was like 6 when that song was released, and even at that age, thinking how cool the piece of music under all the nonsense lyrics about smoking (didn't know that's what it was about back then) was-

Volume of tinnitus is now doubled, so going to be watching TV at very low volume for the next couple of days until it goes down.
Is this where you live?

Not one, but two!
Also, two glory holes!? Now I've actually got a reason to visit @Exit!
Soon we will be out of Chit Chat too. We need another thread
You saying we need to start our own chat thread for the gang, @aura?

My parents are currently on holiday abroad, so that means I'm in the apartment by myself.

That's right @aura, you read what you think you just read correctly: 33 year old guy living at home with his parents just got the place to himself. :cool:

So, y'know, feel free to fly on over whenever you want...

Anyway, today, because they're not here, I was charged with going out and buying new plugs (no not those kinds of plugs you animals, get your minds out of the gutter; plant plugs.) for my Mum's gardening when she gets back.

The thing is I don't know anything about plant species, so I'm just hoping what I've got is similar to what she asked for.

Secondly, I tried to push for the burn when exercising two days ago, like me and @ZFire were talking about, and went overboard by planking (esp. side planking) for too long. So now my arms and shoulders have frozen up, making it difficult (and painful) to do tasks that involve using my arms (what tasks don't involve using your arms? :LOL:); literally can't get ear defenders up to my head and onto my ears without difficulty at the moment. It's actually ridiculous :ROFL:. But still not as ridiculous as tinnitus ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°).

Speaking of which I'm also suffering a spike myself at the moment, from music on YouTube (again...).

Who knows when I'll learn to just call it a day with music, and realise it's never coming back.

Had Luniz "I Got 5 on It" (which I saw @Labyrinthine had uploaded to the Hip Hop Music Thread) playing in my head for the past couple days, and succumbed to listening to it on my laptop.

-I remember I was like 6 when that song was released, and even at that age, thinking how cool the piece of music under all the nonsense lyrics about smoking (didn't know that's what it was about back then) was-

Volume of tinnitus is now doubled, so going to be watching TV at very low volume for the next couple of days until it goes down.

Also, two glory holes!? Now I've actually got a reason to visit @Exit!

Enjoy your home alone party @Damocles :D

You can experience your childhood over again with candies and Home Alone trilogy ;)

AND you can for once walk around naked if you want to :)

(Put a towel on the couch for the sake of humanity).

You're killing me softly with that "5 on it" childhood happy times flashback...

I like these so much that I'm willing to excuse the fact Mondelēz International f*cked around with the recipe and lowered the quality.

The thing is, the Cadbury's chocolate still tastes great, but they cheapened the filling, so now it leaves a sour aftertaste.
Yes. Yes. And yes!

The quality has definitely changed since Mondelēz started producing them.

And, I only found out that they were making them because I was eating one and thought to myself, this egg doesn't taste quite right. So, I googled it, and to my horror, I found out about Mondelēz. :bored:

@Damocles, I share your love for the creme egg. These are currently on my desk... View attachment 49421
Your photo is a more enticing advert than any of Cadbury's current campaign, with that half-white crème egg nonsense.

Who the f*ck wants £10,000!? That ain't gonna change anybody's life! Just give me my damn egg!

Also, your desk is such a historian's desk:

"ARCHITECT-PLANNERS AND THE POLITICS OF RADICAL URBAN RENEWAL IN 1960s BRITAIN"

Sounds like a good read. :LOL:
The quality has definitely changed since Mondelēz started producing them.
They're gonna ruin all our sweet sweet chocolate, Steph.
What!? We're the SAME age!! I always thought you were late 30s, early 40s!

I feel lied to.
I was always upfront about this.
I should have hunted you down in London. We could have walked round wearing ear defenders together. :headphone:
Actually the thought did cross my mind when you posted that you were getting the train yesterday, but I've got this dickhead spike playing a single note on the glass harp in my left ear right now, so I was and will be, well and truly homebound for the next couple of days.

Whereabouts were you in London btw? Was it a work thing?

Hell has frozen over.
I was charged with going out and buying new plugs (no not those kinds of plugs you animals, get your minds out of the gutter; plant plugs.)
@Guywithapug:

Screenshot_20220311-120740~2.png

So now my arms and shoulders have frozen up, making it difficult (and painful) to do tasks that involve using my arms
Don't worry, I'm good at spoon feeding. Got them skillz. :cool:
Also, this:
(Put a towel on the couch for the sake of humanity).

@Exit is the one getting the golden buzz this time :D

What's the price of gasoline in your country?

Here in Spain it ranges between 1,70 and 2 euros per litre depending on the petrol station. Petrol prices at the pump increased 20% in just 2 weeks.

Your photo is a more enticing advert than any of Cadbury's current campaign, with that half-white crème egg nonsense.
Oh good! Because if I failed at my current career, advertising was my backup choice.
Who the f*ck wants £10,000!? That ain't gonna change anybody's life! Just give me my damn egg!
Yeah, but think of all the creme eggs you could then buy with £10,000... mmm eggs...
"ARCHITECT-PLANNERS AND THE POLITICS OF RADICAL URBAN RENEWAL IN 1960s BRITAIN"
It's a pretty dry read if you're not into that sort of thing. I usually look through it when I can't sleep.
Actually the thought did cross my mind when you posted that you were getting the train yesterday, but I've got this dickhead spike playing a single note on the glass harp in my left ear right now, so I was and will be, well and truly homebound for the next couple of days.
It also crossed my mind. But, I was so busy yesterday, I wouldn't have had the time to meet, even if I wanted. Though I really want to at some point - we must!
Whereabouts were you in London btw? Was it a work thing?
I actually went on a trip with my old lecturer to the Wellcome Museum opposite Euston Station, and to the Jewish Museum in Camden. It was a very nice day out. She told me she was going with another student, so I went along too. :)

What's the price of gasoline in your country?

Here in Spain it ranges between 1,70 and 2 euros per litre depending on the petrol station. Petrol prices at the pump increased 20% in just 2 weeks.
You alright @Juan? :)

Up here it's 2,5 €.

Rather cheap compared to Spain I would say :whistle:

So now my arms and shoulders have frozen up, making it difficult (and painful) to do tasks that involve using my arms

Don't worry, I'm good at spoon feeding. Got them skillz. :cool:

aeroplane.gif

@Exit is the one getting the golden buzz this time :D

I disagree with this, because:

a) @Exit was the one suggesting I walk around and sit on a sofa naked (the thought had never even crossed my mind before I read his post).

b) I'm the most sterile person you could ever hope to meet. If I sat on your sofa naked @aura, it would probably be cleaner after I had been on it than before.

Also I'm detecting a theme here today:

socks1.PNG

socks.PNG

And now @Exit gets THE GOLDEN (EL) BUZZ...

Which wouldn't cause me to raise my eyebrows only:

As for the "betrayal", what can I say... it was just a friendly heart, it's not like I gave the man the golden BUZZ or something.

And why is that?

Because somebody else got the golden buzz and completely forgot about it.

So it seems this GOLDEN (EL) BUZZ carries some real significance.

And now @Exit is getting it... plus you're spending the weekend over in his "coffin"...

You're flagging up some concerns here @aura, I gotta be honest.

Anyway, if that's how it's going to be, then I'm giving my GOLDEN (EL) BUZZ to @Juan, for his informative post about petrol prices in Spain. :p

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now