• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

From neon green to black.

RIP ears.

IMAG1507~2.jpg

Will they cure tinnitus?

Asking for a friend.
No, they just cure optimism.

I was getting a little bit to hopeful lately and since the... :oops: person you blocked isn't around anymore to give me my daily dose of pessimism, I thought of painting my earmuffs black.

It seems to be working. The glass is half empty again. No more happy thoughts.

No, they just cure optimism.

I was getting a little bit to hopeful lately and since the... :oops: person you blocked isn't around anymore to give me my daily dose of pessimism, I thought of painting my earmuffs black.

It seems to be working. The glass is half empty again. No more happy thoughts.
I know lol. It seems when he disappeared, the person I jokingly accused of him also being, disappeared as well :(

From neon green to black.

RIP ears.

View attachment 50263
I need to do this... so badly... shopping carts are killing me... and I'm too self-conscious to wear mine in public.

I also put earplugs back in my ears after many years with them out - my ears shrunk up to 1/2 inch where they used to be 1 inch. Earmuffs are not earplug compatible.

Guys! I had a message from the private conservation studio I worked with last year. They said they have a job for me and to contact them! Omg! Omg! Omg!

I'm now going into my old Museum to speak to my ex lab partner about it. They contacted him trying to get hold of me. I'm SO excited. Eeek!

Btw, I handed my notice in at my other job on Friday. So what are the odds of that. Leave one job, and within a day, I get contacted about another job... someone's got my back.
Congratulations Steph! :beeranimation:

I need to do this... so badly... shopping carts are killing me... and I'm too self-conscious to wear mine in public.
I have eaten at crowded restaurants wearing Peltor Optime III. People use a cane if they can't walk, use glasses, and every person uses whatever they need to feel ok. So why not using earmuffs in public?

And now everyone wears those huge wireless headphones... earmuffs are not so different.

I also put earplugs back in my ears after many years with them out - my ears shrunk up to 1/2 inch where they used to be 1 inch. Earmuffs are not earplug compatible.
I used nail polish.

I have eaten at crowded restaurants wearing Peltor Optime III. People use a cane if they can't walk, use glasses, and every person uses whatever they need to feel ok. So why not using earmuffs in public?

And now everyone wears those huge wireless headphones... earmuffs are not so different.
Irrational fear of how others perceive me.

I can have earplugs shoved all the way to my eardrum and shop carts destroy me!
The tactile bumps for the vision-impaired are absolutely brutal. Especially when the cart corral person runs thirty carts over them at once. I swear they wait for me to get to the entrance and then rush in with all the carts.

The tactile bumps for the vision-impaired are absolutely brutal. Especially when the cart corral person runs thirty carts over them at once. I swear they wait for me to get to the entrance and then rush in with all the carts.
Haha. I should start doing curbside pickup, but then every hillbilly with loud pipes and no brake pads left will be all around.

Irrational fear of how others perceive me.
I just started wearing them at shows and events with my custom earplugs. Doubling up I guess. Took my son and some friends to Blue Man Group and then saw Riverdance. No spikes. No worsening of my fluctuating tinnitus.

Of course, combined it is about a 60 decibel decrease.

The fact that I could hear the shows speaks to how loud everything really is. I did slide the earmuffs on and off during the shows when it got quiet, and I guess maybe to others I looked like a crazy person but I did not care.

We have tickets to Aerosmith at Fenway Park (I am a Bostonian). I bought them years ago - literally. They put the show off for 2 years now due to COVID-19. It was supposed to be their 50th anniversary show but I think it's now their 52nd. Anyway, I've never seen a concert at Fenway. I bought these tickets before I had my hearing loss and my recurrence of tinnitus. Thankfully my tinnitus is improved and my hearing loss improved as well. I thought that I would never have a chance to see another show, but now I feel like with a double ear protection I can actually go to the concert, particularly because it's outside. Happens to fall on my son's 18th birthday. So the whole family is going. Ear protection and all. Except for my idiot husband who has bilateral tinnitus and will not wear earplugs at a concert. Fool.

I can't even imagine what sounds like. Sounds wild as hell. I'm glad it's subsiding.

Is it okay for me to say "you've been thunderstruck?"
Love the the AC/DC reference. I first got tinnitus after an AC/DC concert. 2015. Wish I knew then what I know now. That tinnitus went away. Now I have new exciting tinnitus.

Honestly Juan, because they are in all the time, you forget that they are even there. They were the most hassle free thing. :)

You don't need to give yourself a rest because they only apply a very minimal amount of pressure because it is done over a longer period of time. Invisalign takes waaay less time to move your teeth, but because of this, the pressure is greater to get it done quicker.

Also, ALWAYS use a retainer at night! Because all teeth regardless of what you had to straighten them, will want to move back to where they were.

I only had my top teeth done, but I will have the bottom ones done at some point. And, there was no noise involved really. Apart from getting the bracket glue off at the end, which he dissolved once I told him I couldn't have anything loud near my ears. He was a very nice dentist. :)
I had Invisalign. Loved them.

In Italy too. I once witnessed an old man lock horns with a waiter and refer to the pizza chef as a 'bastard' lol.
That's funny! :ROFL:

Talking about Italy, to me there's a strange comfort in going back to Florence and finding the same guy, working as happily as ever, at Casa della Pizza, 20 years later. It's a sense of continuity I cannot find when purchasing sunglasses and realizing they recycle models so often, and quality tends to go down the drain, and prices up...

But Casa della Pizza is reliable. Same guy, same prices, same good old pizza.

You're right. Apart from me. If I'm not happy, I will most certainly say something. I would never pay for a meal or service I'm not happy with. I have no problem kicking up a fuss. :watching:
That reminds me of having dinner with friends in Tokyo, and they said that in Japan if you ever complain you usually have your way, because nobody does.

Apparently if someone orders sashimi and instead of that the waiter brings a bunch of yakitori, most Japanese people will just eat the yakitori and say nothing about it...

Talking about service, for me the most extravagant thing is listening to people order super complicated coffee and then complaining about it not being right, when there's espresso.

I'm always afraid that if I complain they will spit in my food.
Yeah, my Rob is the same - as in, worried they'll do something to the food.

I mean, I will always be super friendly about it, if I'm complaining, and apologise that I'm not happy with it.

The other day I had a meal at a pub I go to every now and then. The meal was delicious but came out cold. I took it to the bar and the manager just so happened to be there. I apologised profusely and said the meal was amazing but could they just pop it the microwave for a couple of minutes. He was very apologetic and said no meal should come out cold and said he give me a fresh plate. I said it was no problem, be he was lovely about it, I was lovely about it, and everything was okay.

What I'm trying to say, in a long winded way, is there are ways to go about complaining. I worked in pubs and restaurants when I was young, and the way to complain is to be super polite about things. Then, staff don't mind.

@aura, the blocking of the person was done for reasons that I do not have to explain.

If that person has disappeared then that should explain a lot as to why. I'm not here for criticism by others. Giving a bit of humour or taking a bit of relief from the daily screaming tinnitus I hope helps some of the folks on here.

At the present time after a 5 year old child let out the loudest scream in my left ear with my hearing aids in, which tripled the scream, my tinnitus has now appeared in my left ear which has been good until this happened. The past week has been unbearable. Then a diabetic nurse appointment changing all my medication to bring sugar levels down, which hasn't been an easy adjustment.

As for ear protection such as earmuffs, yes I would wear them in public with no problem. Here's why, someone passes by noticing you wearing earmuffs for protection, a bit embarrassing I'm sure, but here's the answer to it. That person or people that do notice, you aren't going to see them again, it's one off. And it's your ears that you're protecting. Hell wear them proudly.

Yeah, my Rob is the same - as in, worried they'll do something to the food.

I mean, I will always be super friendly about it, if I'm complaining, and apologise that I'm not happy with it.

The other day I had a meal at a pub I go to every now and then. The meal was delicious but came out cold. I took it to the bar and the manager just so happened to be there. I apologised profusely and said the meal was amazing but could they just pop it the microwave for a couple of minutes. He was very apologetic and said no meal should come out cold and said he give me a fresh plate. I said it was no problem, be he was lovely about it, I was lovely about it, and everything was okay.

What I'm trying to say, in a long winded way, is there are ways to go about complaining. I worked in pubs and restaurants when I was young, and the way to complain is to be super polite about things. Then, staff don't mind.
Well I certainly agree that you get more bees with honey. But I still rarely trust it. My husband sent back a piece of steak in a restaurant that was literally bleeding, it was so rare. He ordered it medium. It came out worse than shoe leather. While they didn't spit in his food they decimated his steak. And he was extremely polite about it. I also think it certainly depends on the restaurant. If a server or manager is nasty to the cook about it saying the steak should've never come out of kitchen like that, then the staff may retaliate.

Right now things are really tough in the restaurant industry anyway so I just eat cold food. They can't get any staff and they're running around like crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I generally believe in the goodness of people despite living in the US right now Lol.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now