• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Residual inhibition for me (and also for others I suppose) happens with the sound of water.

I guess for some reason sounds resonating around the tinnitus frequency calm the tinnitus sound down.

I guess this happens because external stimuli is fed to the brain in the exact same area where the injury is, so the brain doesn't have to create the "phantom sound" of tinnitus.

In other words if you give the brain the phantom sounds it doesn't have to produce it.

What the hell is even going on here.

Thread appears to be a mix of a free audio therapy, and stuff that I would expect to read on GodlikeProductions or AboveTopSecret (conspiracy forums).
I know, I just stick to the interesting part of the thread.

Thanks for update, you should only use one remedy at a time that way you know what lowered your tinnitus. If you use 2 or 3 remedies at once it just adds questions and blurs the results!!!
Day #3 (1/30/2019)

Tinnitus Level Before Sleep: 8
Tinnitus Level After Sleep: 6

Today was interesting. My tinnitus level spiked in the evening like crazy. I think the combination of a few candy bars and coffee really made it go insane. This is still a learning process for me and knowing the triggers makes you more aware of what you are eating and doing that could cause spikes.

I thought I would give the muscle stimulation device a try by experimenting where to place the electrodes. I quickly found out by experience and by reading the warning label that you shouldn't use it on your neck or head. There are too many nerves and things on the neck that could affect heart rhythm as well as just how sensitive that area is to electrical signals that when I tried it, even at low low setting, it was quite uncomfortable. However, when I placed one of the electrodes right on my left ear and the other on the opposite ear and ran pulses of current, I could hear my tinnitus level fluctuate with the pulses which was interesting but I quickly abandoned the idea of this being a viable experiment of any sort.

Bedtime, loaded VLC and David's mix and hit the sack. I listened to the mix for about 10-15 minutes and my reactive tinnitus was so bad last night that playing it at any level at all was uncomfortable. I decided to not play it at all last night and give my ears some rest. I just want to point out that these are the complications of any trial. You may think what could be so difficult about listening to something for a couple weeks during sleep and then run into things like this. I am not going to abandon the trial. I just decided to listen to my body and avoid it this time. It just didn't feel right when I had it playing and I've learned to listen to my body more than ignore it and cause more damage than there already is.

Will push on!

Next update tomorrow.

Residual inhibition for me (and also for others I suppose) happens with the sound of water.

I guess for some reason sounds resonating around the tinnitus frequency calm the tinnitus sound down.

I guess this happens because external stimuli is fed to the brain in the exact same area where the injury is, so the brain doesn't have to create the "phantom sound" of tinnitus.

In other words if you give the brain the phantom sounds it doesn't have to produce it.
I have found there is a type of feedback loop in the tinnitus structure, it loops and feeds on itself, when my Tinnitus Mix is introduced into the loop it breaks it down.

@gorzakus residual inhibition is a phenomenon that many people with tinnitus experience, in which a certain type of sound can quiet tinnitus for a short period of time but sometimes longer. I think it is possible that for those having success with the sound therapy of @R. David Case that residual inhibition may be part of the explanation for how it helps.

This website gives good information:

http://www.residualinhibition.com/residual-inhibition.pdf

From the site:

What is residual inhibition?

Residual inhibition is a temporary quieting of tinnitus that can happen after listening to the right type of sound. A sound that can cause this to happen is called here a quieting sound or a trigger sound. Although the effect of a single quieting sound is temporary, for many people tinnitus can be kept reduced for much longer periods, by simply keeping a repeating form of the quieting sound playing.
I have been tinnitus free for 18 years just because of my Tinnitus Mix. Just trying to help others.

No idea what you exactly mean but it's not a placebo effect in my case, placebo effect only lasts two weeks max according to research and I am in the third week and I haven't even been using it every day.
I am certainly not a believer in conspiracy theories and all that and very skeptical but if it works well then it works.
Actually the reason I started to listen to this file was to see if my tinnitus would be aggravated by using headphones because of the Neuromod device coming out soon.
I don't want to waste time, money and most importantly hope waiting for a device which I wouldn't even be able to use.
The Tinnitus Mix works, I have helped hundreds of people eliminate their tinnitus, I did not come on here to debate the source, internal or external.

@Contrast posted a lot of the interviews I did on the dangers of misuse of technology and every one asked me about it. If some one asks me I will answer. I just want to help others get their lives back.

testimony t gone 5.PNG

I have found there is a type of feedback loop in the tinnitus structure, it loops and feeds on itself, when my Tinnitus Mix is introduced into the loop it breaks it down.
How does that happen? Especially if each person's tinnitus (hence the feedback loop) is different?

Can you please explain how your theory works?

No offense or sarcasm involved, I'm really interested.

How does that happen? Especially if each person's tinnitus (hence the feedback loop) is different?

Can you please explain how your theory works?

No offense or sarcasm involved, I'm really interested.
I have been curing tinnitus for 18 years with this sound mix that I call 7 kinds of interference or Tinnitus Mix. I have helped 430 people eliminate or reduce their tinnitus and reading their testimony letters I have learned a lot about the process. I also cured myself with this invention. I have remixed and improved this Tinnitus Mix 17 times from those letters. Think of tinnitus as a similar system as a sound stage with speakers and a microphone. When the mic gets to close to the speaker a loud squeal starts to reverb in the system, if the singer puts sound into the mike or moves the mic away from speaker the feed back loop is broken and the squeal stops. When someone with tinnitus puts on the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones and plays my Tinnitus Mix, the ultra-sonics AND the electro-magnetic waves coming from the headphone coils work together to break the feed back loop in the tinnitus.

Here is a supporting evidence that tinnitus has a feedback loop.

tinnitus has loop.PNG

Do you have any before and after audiograms??
No, I have cured every problem I have had myself, I am my own doctor. I grow all of my own herbs in aquaponics such as sage,basil,oregano, etc. I live in a paradise area of mo next to a spring river full of rainbow trout and catch my own fish and deer meat, and eat from the land.

trout.PNG

11 point.PNG

bapt hole.PNG

I have been curing tinnitus for 18 years with this sound mix that I call 7 kinds of interference or Tinnitus Mix. I have helped 430 people eliminate or reduce their tinnitus and reading their testimony letters I have learned a lot about the process. I also cured myself with this invention. I have remixed and improved this Tinnitus Mix 17 times from those letters. Think of tinnitus as a similar system as a sound stage with speakers and a microphone. When the mic gets to close to the speaker a loud squeal starts to reverb in the system, if the singer puts sound into the mike or moves the mic away from speaker the feed back loop is broken and the squeal stops. When someone with tinnitus puts on the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones and plays my Tinnitus Mix, the ultra-sonics AND the electro-magnetic waves coming from the headphone coils work together to break the feed back loop in the tinnitus.

Here is a supporting evidence that tinnitus has a feedback loop.

View attachment 26280
Headphones don't produce ultrasonics.

I didn't ask for evidence that it works, I asked you HOW this works. For example why your sound breaks the "feedback loop" etc.

Can you please give me a logical answer?

Otherwise I'll tell the CIA what you're up to!

Day #3 (1/30/2019)

Tinnitus Level Before Sleep: 8
Tinnitus Level After Sleep: 6

Today was interesting. My tinnitus level spiked in the evening like crazy. I think the combination of a few candy bars and coffee really made it go insane. This is still a learning process for me and knowing the triggers makes you more aware of what you are eating and doing that could cause spikes.

I thought I would give the muscle stimulation device a try by experimenting where to place the electrodes. I quickly found out by experience and by reading the warning label that you shouldn't use it on your neck or head. There are too many nerves and things on the neck that could affect heart rhythm as well as just how sensitive that area is to electrical signals that when I tried it, even at low low setting, it was quite uncomfortable. However, when I placed one of the electrodes right on my left ear and the other on the opposite ear and ran pulses of current, I could hear my tinnitus level fluctuate with the pulses which was interesting but I quickly abandoned the idea of this being a viable experiment of any sort.

Bedtime, loaded VLC and David's mix and hit the sack. I listened to the mix for about 10-15 minutes and my reactive tinnitus was so bad last night that playing it at any level at all was uncomfortable. I decided to not play it at all last night and give my ears some rest. I just want to point out that these are the complications of any trial. You may think what could be so difficult about listening to something for a couple weeks during sleep and then run into things like this. I am not going to abandon the trial. I just decided to listen to my body and avoid it this time. It just didn't feel right when I had it playing and I've learned to listen to my body more than ignore it and cause more damage than there already is.

Will push on!

Next update tomorrow.
You are making a mistake by not following instructions, you have to use Tinnitus Mix every night all night for three weeks, if you randomly use once in a wile the tinnitus will reform. Also you should not use other devises with the Tinnitus Mix, it will just confuse any results.

You are making a mistake by not following instructions, you have to use Tinnitus Mix every night all night for three weeks, if you randomly use once in a wile the tinnitus will reform. Also you should not use other devises with the Tinnitus Mix, it will just confuse any results.
I used the file again for seven hours last night, again a very good day today.

A question for David: are the tones divided equally for each ear, because for me it seems that I hear more sounds (not louder) coming from the right side of the headset?

Why does it only work when you sleep?

Nice fish. Wow, nice brown trout there. We don't have brown here in Vancouver. But we have sea-run trout - steelhead besides the regular rainbow and cut-throat trout. Here is one of those steelhead beauties I caught. Oh yes, I grow all sorts of veggies too, totally organic.

steelhead150214_1.jpg

I grow all sorts of veggies too, totally organic.
Ditto... :)
I live in a paradise area of mo next to a spring river
My brother lives in a similar area in N. Arkansas. I always love spending time down there. I'm sure the world would be a less crazy place if more people lived these kinds of lifestyles.

Why does it only work when you sleep?
I would worry about accidently turning David's sound mix up too high and further damaging our ears. That could happen and we would only know after we had awaken. The Koss headphones have a volume control on the cord that could accidently be turned up while tossing and turning while we sleep.

Nice fish. Wow, nice brown trout there. We don't have brown here in Vancouver. But we have sea-run trout - steelhead besides the regular rainbow and cut-throat trout. Here is one of those steelhead beauties I caught. Oh yes, I grow all sorts of veggies too, totally organic.

View attachment 26287
Exactly.

I would worry about accidently turning David's sound mix up too high and further damaging our ears. That could happen and we would only know after we had awaken. The Koss headphones have a volume control on the cord that could accidently be turned up while tossing and turning while we sleep.
That's why I taped the slider with duct tape so it's impossible to turn the volume up accidentally.

My brother lives in a similar area in N. Arkansas. I always love spending time down there. I'm sure the world would be a less crazy place if more people lived these kinds of lifestyles.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case :p

Today is the 5th night in a row using the Tinnitus Mix with the Koss headphones for at least 7 hours.
Last night I fell asleep after listening for 5 minutes which amazes me because normally it takes me about an hour and half due to the strange sounds.
I know this because I have a watch that monitors sleep.
I only woke up once to go to the bathroom and slept around 7 hours in total.
Today I am having one of the quietest days since the onset of my tinnitus almost a year ago.
Normally I have around two better days in a week and now I am having already 5 good days in a row.
I was going for 2 more nights because of work, but if I keep improving I will do the full test.

@Nick M are you still testing this or anyone else?

Last edited:
I have never had that happen in 18 years, on the other hand I have had reports of phones and tablets turning up themselves in the night. Actually I and many prefer it to be medium to loud BUT if you have hyperacusis or sensitivity to sounds absolutely use on very low volume.

Today is the 5th night in a row using the Tinnitus Mix with the Koss headphones for at least 7 hours.
Last night I fell asleep after listening for 5 minutes which amazes me because normally it takes me about an hour and half due to the strange sounds.
I know this because I have a watch that monitors sleep.
I only woke up once to go to the bathroom and slept around 7 hours in total.
Today I am having one of the quietest days since the onset of my tinnitus almost a year ago.
Normally I have around two better days in a week and now I am having already 5 good days in a row.
I was going for 2 more nights because of work, but if I keep improving I will do the full test.

@Nick M are you still testing this or anyone else?
THAT'S GREAT!!!! But remember you should not stop for 3 weeks, I know it's hard with work and everything.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now