Inner Ear Hair Cell Regeneration — Maybe We Can Know More

Hi All,
This is Dev and I am from India. I am on this forum representing my 5 yr old nephew who has just been diagnosed with severe hearing loss (70-80%) in his right ear and moderate hearing loss (50%) in his left year. His reports came last week and MRI scans show a possibility of TORCH infection due to which he has probably taken it genetically during his birth.
Doc tells me that he has had this condition since birth and we are only observing it now but I choose not to believe this theory since his learning speed has been very high during the first 2-3 years. He spoke words clearly, recited poems in both hindi and english(which is not our mother tongue), talked a lot (asked for food, toys, gifts etc) very very clearly. I dont believe such learning was possible in 2-3 years. It is now that we noticed a change in his behaviour and his mispronunciation of words. It has progressively become difficult to teach him new stuff over the last one year.

He doesn't have tinnitus or we don't know yet as he has never described anything like that (atleast I hope so). Also its difficult for him to explain since he is just 5. I landed on this page and thankfully so, while researching new technologies that could cure hearing loss. I am so glad I did. Its wonderful to see people share so much information to help each other.

I was very sad to find out that there are no existing cures but I am thrilled at the latest research done by Genvec and Novartis. I really hope the drug comes out for commercial use in the next 7-8 years. Time is on my nephew's side for now but I am scared if this condition of his turns for worst. I really hope it doesn't.

I am more thrilled to read about the on going stem cell treatments which seem to be helping patients with hearing loss. I really want to find out more about it like what is the success %age and does the treatment has a lasting effect?
Does it have a side effect that one needs to be scared of? or are there any dangers while one is under going the treatment.

If it helps my nephew to regain atleast 25db in both ears then I am ready to take this chance since these are his learning years and I do not want him to fall behind his counterparts in any aspect be it academics or extra currics.
It will also help him utilize the years productively while Genvec and Novartis work on CGF166 trials.

It has been a week of ups and downs, mostly downs. Its really kills to find your little one go through something like this and I am determined to do whatever it takes to help him get out of this.

I really hope to extend a helping hand on this forum and receive some.

You guys are Beautiful !!

Regards,
Dev and Aarav (my 5 year old)

Hi All,
This is Dev and I am from India. I am on this forum representing my 5 yr old nephew who has just been diagnosed with severe hearing loss (70-80%) in his right ear and moderate hearing loss (50%) in his left year. His reports came last week and MRI scans show a possibility of TORCH infection due to which he has probably taken it genetically during his birth.
Doc tells me that he has had this condition since birth and we are only observing it now but I choose not to believe this theory since his learning speed has been very high during the first 2-3 years. He spoke words clearly, recited poems in both hindi and english(which is not our mother tongue), talked a lot (asked for food, toys, gifts etc) very very clearly. I dont believe such learning was possible in 2-3 years. It is now that we noticed a change in his behaviour and his mispronunciation of words. It has progressively become difficult to teach him new stuff over the last one year.

He doesn't have tinnitus or we don't know yet as he has never described anything like that (atleast I hope so). Also its difficult for him to explain since he is just 5. I landed on this page and thankfully so, while researching new technologies that could cure hearing loss. I am so glad I did. Its wonderful to see people share so much information to help each other.

I was very sad to find out that there are no existing cures but I am thrilled at the latest research done by Genvec and Novartis. I really hope the drug comes out for commercial use in the next 7-8 years. Time is on my nephew's side for now but I am scared if this condition of his turns for worst. I really hope it doesn't.

I am more thrilled to read about the on going stem cell treatments which seem to be helping patients with hearing loss. I really want to find out more about it like what is the success %age and does the treatment has a lasting effect?
Does it have a side effect that one needs to be scared of? or are there any dangers while one is under going the treatment.

If it helps my nephew to regain atleast 25db in both ears then I am ready to take this chance since these are his learning years and I do not want him to fall behind his counterparts in any aspect be it academics or extra currics.
It will also help him utilize the years productively while Genvec and Novartis work on CGF166 trials.

It has been a week of ups and downs, mostly downs. Its really kills to find your little one go through something like this and I am determined to do whatever it takes to help him get out of this.

I really hope to extend a helping hand on this forum and receive some.

You guys are Beautiful !!

Regards,
Dev and Aarav (my 5 year old)
Im sorry for your nephew.
I also lost some of my hearing due to illness/infection when i was 7.
Get him hearing aids, it will work good in his moderate loss ear. Good cure wont be here in 10 yrs and he need to hear good in his age to learn properly

Im sorry for your nephew.
I also lost some of my hearing due to illness/infection when i was 7.
Get him hearing aids, it will work good in his moderate loss ear. Good cure wont be here in 10 yrs and he need to hear good in his age to learn properly

Hi Spingee,

Thank you for the reply. I already got him on hearing aids. There is no way I am taking chances about anything when it comes to him. I just wish that his learning is up to speed in the next 8-10 years...When he grows up, he probably wouldn't even remember that he had something like this while he was a kid if CGF166 works out.How cool is that :D (I am a hardcore Optimist)

I have made up my mind to wait for Phase I and Phase II trial results. If they are positive, then I shall wait for the drug or I shall take my chances with stem cell treatment. Three years is a reasonable time frame to wait for the results since we are determined to keep up his learning in the meanwhile and we're hoping that it'll be possible with hearing aids and adequate care. He is a bright young lad. Learns really fast. :)

@attheedgeofscience I had a few doubt which I mentioned in the previous post. It'll be really helpful if you could shed some light on it. Like what is the success %age and does the treatment has a lasting effect?
As a Skeptic I feel really fortunate to be able to ask a pioneer these questions while being thousands of miles away physically. God bless Technology !!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Dev

@attheedgeofscience I had a few doubt which I mentioned in the previous post. It'll be really helpful if you could shed some light on it. Like what is the success %age and does the treatment has a lasting effect?
As a Skeptic I feel really fortunate to be able to ask a pioneer these questions while being thousands of miles away physically. God bless Technology !!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Dev

See this post: www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/my-trip-to-bangkok-stem-cell-treatment-comments.1891/page-6#post-54877

Regarding side-effects from stem cell treatments. People usually develop mild hay-fever like symptoms for the first 24 hours after injection. Nothing to worry about really. Sometimes allergic reactions do occur - usually if this happens, it will do so by the 2nd or 3rd injection (after antibodies have had a chance to be formed in the body). The first injection is therefore always "safe". Serious allergic reactions are rare. Using the patient's own stem cells can reduce the rejection risk.

The effects of stem cell treatments are permanent unless the patient is suffering from an on-going disease like MS. In such cases, the patient is usually "protected" for up to 6-12 months after treatment (after which the treatment needs to be re-done, but not always - some patients are cured for good).

I saw the gene therapy trial, CGF 166, is recruiting to do phase I and phase II. Pretty exciting to think there might be a treatment soon for hearing loss, if everything falls in order.

I love how stem cell & genetic therapy are soon going to be commonplace very, very soon. Everyone realizes how much more powerful it can be... futuristic times here we come =)

Thank you for your account.

I agree that the audiograms you had in Portugal vs. the ones done by Dr. Wilden, show a huge difference (needless to say). I can offer explanations as to why there can be small differences (5-15 db) in this thread...

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/am-101-tactt1-results-released.1994/page-20#post-38164

...but I cannot offer an explanation as to why there can be difference of up to 50-60 db. It makes no sense. Very strange.

I do believe that Dr. Wilden's audiograms are accurate and reliable; in fact his audiology facilities in Regensburg were in the top range, I would say (see photo below). And so, based on your most recent audiograms, I would say your hearing is very good (obviously). It is good to see that people who take care of their ears, can keep good hearing throughout their lives. You should remind your son (in your avatar) of that - if you haven't already. I don't have children myself, but I have a somewhat younger brother (he's 14, and I am 36), and I have told him several times to be careful with noise (videogames, iPods, and so on). There is too much noise everywhere these days. Also be careful with noise on the airplane (in the future). I recommend using earplugs for such events (as Dr. Wilden has already told you, I am sure...:)), but be careful about earplugs during the ascent and descent of the plane (pressure equalization).

When you are closer to making a decision about future treatments, let me know. You can have my private e-mail, phone number and so on. No problem.

Enjoy the holiday.

This is what a properly sound insulated audiology environment looks like (not that many clinics offer such high quality hearing tests). This is from Dr. Wilden's previous clinic in Regensburg:

View attachment 2027
Hi ATEOS
Holidays are gone .
Thank god went to the treatement before. Most part of the days went smoothly.
Felling better, and carry on the LLLT treatment. Unfornatly headaches still but not strong as used to be.
And the high pithch are sofrer and less time.

Now is time to start planning on the steam cell treatment.
And that is putting me a lot of questions.
1- Should be : Umbilical cord blood stem cells or Autologous stem cells?
Since the number and of steam cells delivered is an important issue, wich one should be done?

The questions are so much that I feel we need to talk by mail. phone or skype.
If it´s ok for you please send a PM with your contact and we can start from there.
If decided to do Autologous Staem cells I will need 1 1/5 to 2 months for the harvest. So I should start thinking on it
as soon as possible.

Fernando

Agreed, for most conditions you can think of.
I read something a while ago that they are testing artificial blood now or very soon. Imagine no more blood drives or contracting diseases from transfusions. That would be pretty cool.

Imagine organs being grown from your DNA so if you need a new liver or lung they can transplant it to you with very minimal worries about rejection.

However, the ultimate dream is the re-atomizer from Elysium.

Imagine organs being grown from your DNA so if you need a new liver or lung they can transplant it to you with very minimal worries about rejection.

The crazy thing is that this has already happened in some very experimental cases with success.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259942.php

A Groundbreaking Procedure
Hannah Warren, aged 2, received a pioneering artificial trachea having been born without a windpipe.
The nine hour procedure took place on April 9 and is only the sixth of its kind and the first to be carried out in the U.S. It was approved by the Food and Drug Administration under rules that permit experimental operations when the patient has little to no chance of survival.

The stem cells used came from Hannah's bone marrow and were taken out with a special needle that entered in through her hip bone. They were then seeded in a lab onto a plastic scaffold, where it took a week for them to multiply and make a new windpipe.

Doctors are not entirely sure what happens after implantation, however, they believe the stems cells direct the body to send other cells to the windpipe, which then spread out and send the correct tissues to grow on the inside and the outside of the tube. There is no need for medications to suppress the immune system to prevent rejection of the implant, because the windpipe was made of Hannah's own cells.

Been thinking a lot to make the Steam cell treatment.

We keep asking our selfs if it results? I found this website, interesting story.
http://www.dawn.com/news/693959/us-begins-stem-cell-trial-for-hearing-loss

The funny things, is that previous i found this article( above), I was making a question to my self.

From thousands of people in the world, that went to make a Steam cell treatment ( but no T at all), and after the treatment they realize that they ear better. Just that? I went to treatment for my " injury" and suddenly i can ear better? Nice.....

Of corse all that POSSIBLE info passes away from clinics.
Cause if i have a liver problem the last think in my mind is to think if i can ear better or not.

All the best to all.

1- Should be : Umbilical cord blood stem cells or Autologous stem cells?

Autologous non-cultured stem cells (pros & cons)

1. "Zero" rejection risk
2. Volume of stem cells may be less than for cultured expansions
3. Stem cells are ususally re-introduced directly after stem cell harvest (from fat tissue in the belly region) which means that the stem cells are wasted on the injuries caused by the liposuction.
4. Surgical procedure is required ie. the liposuction (not so for umbilical cord stem cells which are obviously donated stem cells - unless you had your own stored at birth).
5. You get a free liposuction (whether you need it or not... :)) - if you are athletic with little body fat, then you need to put on some weight (not often you will hear that - especially from doctors).

Autologous culture expanded stem cells (pros & cons)

1. Low rejection risk, but stem cells can develop a non-autologous "footprint" when undergoing an expansion process (= still possible to experience rejection even though it is your own stem cells).
2. High volume stem cells.
3. Stem cells are re-introduced later on - giving your liposuction wounds a chance to heal on its own.
4. Long treatment procedure required (ie. expansion process ususally takes 20-30 days - hence requiring you to stay in country or travel back and forth).

Umbilical cord stem cells (pros & cons)

1. Usually donated stem cells.
2. Low rejection risk even though these are non-autologous.
3. Procedure is "super-easy" because everything is prepared for you in advance; basically it is "plug & play"...
4. No need for liposuction.
5. Stem cell volume is usually lower; especially for umbilical cord blood stem cells as opposed to umbilical cord stem cells. However some hospitals do deliver a high volume eg. Hope Hospital China (but which I don't recommend for other reasons).

Since the number and of steam cells delivered is an important issue, wich one should be done?

At this point, I have shared much information about the procedures and stem cell information in general (via all my posts). So in my opinion, it is now time for you to start contacting some of the stem cell clinics directly for their opinion. Your decision to go ahead with a procedure should not be based on my information alone; my information should only be used as a "source of inspiration". Your final decision should be made after having consulted with various stem cell clinics - thereby getting a feel of their input and feedback also, as well as the price, location, and procedure pros & cons.

I don't really want to be part of a decision making process. The reason is quite simple: you may end up not getting the results you had hoped for. In which case I don't want to be the one to blame.

The questions are so much that I feel we need to talk by mail. phone or skype.
If it´s ok for you please send a PM with your contact and we can start from there.
If decided to do Autologous Staem cells I will need 1 1/5 to 2 months for the harvest. So I should start thinking on it
as soon as possible.

No problem. Will send you my details shortly - although I cannot really provide much more insight than I have already done. I can forward you the details of the stem cell clinics I have been in contact with and the resource organization I used for my stem cell treatment in Bangkok. The resource organization maintains an inventory of stem cell clinics around the world which must live up to strict protocols before they can become part of the list. Be aware however, that you will not find many clinics available for hearing loss and/or tinnitus treatments as this is considered experimental (even by stem cell therapy standards).

Autologous non-cultured stem cells (pros & cons)

1. "Zero" rejection risk
2. Volume of stem cells may be less than for cultured expansions
3. Stem cells are ususally re-introduced directly after stem cell harvest (from fat tissue in the belly region) which means that the stem cells are wasted on the injuries caused by the liposuction.
4. Surgical procedure is required ie. the liposuction (not so for umbilical cord stem cells which are obviously donated stem cells - unless you had your own stored at birth).
5. You get a free liposuction (whether you need it or not... :)) - if you are athletic with little body fat, then you need to put on some weight (not often you will hear that - especially from doctors).

Autologous culture expanded stem cells (pros & cons)

1. Low rejection risk, but stem cells can develop a non-autologous "footprint" when undergoing an expansion process (= still possible to experience rejection even though it is your own stem cells).
2. High volume stem cells.
3. Stem cells are re-introduced later on - giving your liposuction wounds a chance to heal on its own.
4. Long treatment procedure required (ie. expansion process ususally takes 20-30 days - hence requiring you to stay in country or travel back and forth).

Umbilical cord stem cells (pros & cons)

1. Usually donated stem cells.
2. Low rejection risk even though these are non-autologous.
3. Procedure is "super-easy" because everything is prepared for you in advance; basically it is "plug & play"...
4. No need for liposuction.
5. Stem cell volume is usually lower; especially for umbilical cord blood stem cells as opposed to umbilical cord stem cells. However some hospitals do deliver a high volume eg. Hope Hospital China (but which I don't recommend for other reasons).

At this point, I have shared much information about the procedures and stem cell information in general (via all my posts). So in my opinion, it is now time for you to start contacting some of the stem cell clinics directly for their opinion. Your decision to go ahead with a procedure should not be based on my information alone; my information should only be used as a "source of inspiration". Your final decision should be made after having consulted with various stem cell clinics - thereby getting a feel of their input and feedback also, as well as the price, location, and procedure pros & cons.

I don't really want to be part of a decision making process. The reason is quite simple: you may end up not getting the results you had hoped for. In which case I don't want to be the one to blame.

No problem. Will send you my details shortly - although I cannot really provide much more insight than I have already done. I can forward you the details of the stem cell clinics I have been in contact with and the resource organization I used for my stem cell treatment in Bangkok. The resource organization maintains an inventory of stem cell clinics around the world which must live up to strict protocols before they can become part of the list. Be aware however, that you will not find many clinics available for hearing loss and/or tinnitus treatments as this is considered experimental (even by stem cell therapy standards).

Thanks

I just saw that the hearing health foundation changed their site. They got rid of the whole find a cure in 10 years and now have in our lifetime. I also saw they removed the year time lines from their research plan. In a way it's nice to see something more realistic, but in a way it's sad because they probably realize that it's going to be much longer.

I just saw that the hearing health foundation changed their site. They got rid of the whole find a cure in 10 years and now have in our lifetime. I also saw they removed the year time lines from their research plan. In a way it's nice to see something more realistic, but in a way it's sad because they probably realize that it's going to be much longer.
Or they just realize that other companies are gonna do it first in other ways rather then naturally restoring haircells. Maybe there following am101 and autifony and are rethinking that naturally restoring haircells may not be the cure for T. Like @benryu said before, its gonna be the private companies investing millions of dollars on drugs that will be most helpful for T. The ata, hearing health
Foundation are big talk on finding a cure yet they change there quota from 10 years to a lifetime? Get your shit together and dont say one thing then another, and if they do they should explain themselves and be honest like you said and why they think its now "in our lifetime". Could be for multiple reasons, not just that it wont happen in ten years. Its competition out there.. And i consider a cure a 50-80% decrease in T which should definally be available via drug if its autifony, am101, or anything else in the next ten years. And theres even vagues nerves and all that other stuff! So yeah i think they know they wont be able to cure T in ten years cause other companies will be damn close in that time or less.

Or they just realize that other companies are gonna do it first in other ways rather then naturally restoring haircells. Maybe there following am101 and autifony and are rethinking that naturally restoring haircells may not be the cure for T. Like @benryu said before, its gonna be the private companies investing millions of dollars on drugs that will be most helpful for T. The ata, hearing health
Foundation are big talk on finding a cure yet they change there quota from 10 years to a lifetime? Get your shit together and dont say one thing then another, and if they do they should explain themselves and be honest like you said and why they think its now "in our lifetime". Could be for multiple reasons, not just that it wont happen in ten years. Its competition out there.. And i consider a cure a 50-80% decrease in T which should definally be available via drug if its autifony, am101, or anything else in the next ten years. And theres even vagues nerves and all that other stuff! So yeah i think they know they wont be able to cure T in ten years cause other companies will be damn close in that time or less.

Don't worry about their timelines they quote. They honestly don't know. Meanwhile, the University of Kansas is already doing a hair cell regeneration clinical trial. If it works in people (which it very well could), it will lead to wider scale clinical trials. A gain of 20 db in hearing is not bad.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/a-virus-could-restore-hearing-in-deaf-people/

I'll say a couple things more. What you're seeing in the Pharmaceuticals industry currently is a bit of a race. Much of the basic discovery research has been done by academic and non-profit institutions. They have shown that it is possible, and quite probable, that therapeutic approaches to treating hearing loss and tinnitus will take place. The industry has noticed this. Many large companies have now devoted good chunks of funding to start ups or biopharmaceutical spin offs. It is now basically a race concerning who can get a efficacious drug or procedure approved first.

Once that happens, another huge round of financing will get dumped into the research from the industry. The patents on the old mainstays of the pharmaceutical industry are expiring (think anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications, cholesterol drugs, blood thinners, etc.) and options for evergreening have been running out. The pharmaceutical industry has reached a point where they have extracted most of the lucrative profits from a lot of arenas already. They must basically "move the goalposts" into a new untapped market. Many companies see hearing loss and tinnitus as a major untapped market. Which it is.

I would not bet your paycheck on waiting for academic research to find the answers or best treatments now. Typically academic researchers don't do that part. They do the foundational research to show what might be possible before big pharma gets the guts to dump a bunch of money into it. The money dumped in this last year alone into several companies by large entities tells me that the money dumping is taking place and the great race can begin.

It's basically a matter of cheering them on now as to who will win the race.

Yeah exactly!!! Like you said theres so many drugs for anxiety, depression, even some for epilepsy Yet none for hearing loss and T. Which means whoever can get a drug out first for T and succeed a bit.. Then other companies will try and do bigger and better! So it sounds like through the years things are only gonna get better in terms for treatments for all of us.--- and the word cure is offput a bit.. We dont need exactly a cure we just need something to supress or eliminate the noise to where everyone can live and litterly not be bothered one bit. And a protection for future damage is great too!
I'll say a couple things more. What you're seeing in the Pharmaceuticals industry currently is a bit of a race. Much of the basic discovery research has been done by academic and non-profit institutions. They have shown that it is possible, and quite probable, that therapeutic approaches to treating hearing loss and tinnitus will take place. The industry has noticed this. Many large companies have now devoted good chunks of funding to start ups or biopharmaceutical spin offs. It is now basically a race concerning who can get a efficacious drug or procedure approved first.

Once that happens, another huge round of financing will get dumped into the research from the industry. The patents on the old mainstays of the pharmaceutical industry are expiring (think anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications, cholesterol drugs, blood thinners, etc.) and options for evergreening have been running out. The pharmaceutical industry has reached a point where they have extracted most of the lucrative profits from a lot of arenas already. They must basically "move the goalposts" into a new untapped market. Many companies see hearing loss and tinnitus as a major untapped market. Which it is.

I would not bet your paycheck on waiting for academic research to find the answers or best treatments now. Typically academic researchers don't do that part. They do the foundational research to show what might be possible before big pharma gets the guts to dump a bunch of money into it. The money dumped in this last year alone into several companies by large entities tells me that the money dumping is taking place and the great race can begin.

It's basically a matter of cheering them on now as to who will win the race.

I do not know if some of you are aware that I've been to China for stem cell therapy or not however I will share with you my experience after I've already had some PM's from some members.. so here goes..

FIRST & FOREMOST - The main thing you have to keep in mind is that stem cells will either work or they will not. It is actually something that is still in experimental stage regardless of how you hear certain countries are advanced with it. This is one of the things that is on the form when you sign it before the first stem cell injection.

It is something that if you can afford and are willing to take the chance to see if it works for you or not, then go for it. As for safety, well, I went to China (Hengyang) because of the amount of stem cells being injected there is higher than anywhere in the world as far as I know.

I have achieved habituation already before going which is why I'm not on these forums a lot in the first place. I feel talking about something bothersome as this only makes me think about it more and then the feedback loop starts. How did I habituate? This book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinnitus-Retraining-Therapy-Implementing-Neurophysiological/dp/0521088372/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405862362&sr=8-1&keywords=tinnitus retraining therapy

ACCOMMODATION - This was included within the fee I believe, I stayed at the hotel nearest to the hospital. It was a 5 star hotel however I'd give a 4 tops.

MAIN COMPLICATION - As mentioned before, Stem Cells were not ideally made for hearing loss but for other conditions where you can inject the cells directly into the problem area. It is impossible to inject the Cochlea. You will most likely be injected Intravenously and you will have to wait and see if the cells find their way to the ear or not. In my case it was that + acupuncture to improve blood flow (blood carrying stem cells) and you are advised to exercise in between days after stem cell injections.

RESULT - Don't expect anything miraculous overnight, this is a process that will take time and might not even work. However its been a month and a half since my first injection and I am seeing some results in a sense there are fluctuations with my tinnitus however these days when I wake up my tinnitus is quieter than it was before going. I find by night time its back to normal, but really not as loud as it was pre-stem cells, but honestly, its a matter of waiting and seeing. I will post updates again in 2-3 months.

I have attached some photos that are relevant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT AM I DOING NOW? - After having a discussion with attheedgeofscience I discussed to also go the LLLT route. I have been in touch with Dr. Wilden and now I have the home laser which as the good Doctor describes it will

"basically
biostimulative effectiveness of our therapy. After this you will be motivated to use your home laser over a
longer time. Of course after you are convinced from LLLT you are free to come for a 5 - 10 high dosage LLLT by Dr. Wilden®
to my office in Spain / Ibiza ( because your left ear needs a lot of light to become very well again ).''

Now I would have gone to him first but finances and time restricts this at the minute however he is certain that is very very possible that I will be able to regenerate to some lesser degree but a fair degree over time with the home laser device. (Device cost around €2300).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY - The only thing I can do now is wait and see what happens and continue using the laser. I will give updates when I can + if I see improvements. However for now when I wake up and see my tinnitus quieter than how it was before going, I think I will see some more positives. Fingers crossed. I will go see Doctor Wilden in Spain (The Germany office is seeing refurbishments or something like that) in December hopefully. This guy is one of the well known tinnitus specialists and ear experts out there.

I would like to thank attheedgeofscience for all the information. Sometimes you have to go and find the cure yourself, it took four doctors to finally diagnose me with hearing loss. Can you believe none of the first three gave me a hearing test and simply dismissed me as ear infection? Even though they actually looked inside my ear. By the time the one who did diagnose me with hearing loss in my left ear, it was too late.

Why did I not notice? Because my right ear is totally fine, it took some degree of hearing loss in my left ear to finally notice.

PLEASE NOTE - I do not wish to discuss the costs of my China trip but I can say the stem cells were provided by a company called Hornetcorn Bitotech. Feel free to ask any questions via PM if you wish, although I really have said all I wanted to say. The stem cells are in the picture below (on the left, these were made specifically for me and the process behind it is why the procedure is very expensive. China is very used to foreign patients coming for stem cell therapy for many medical conditions.)

Attachments

• IMG-20140523-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140523-WA0000.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20140720_142214.jpg
    20140720_142214.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 62
I read on their website they predicted stem cells treatments by the year 2020. It makes me wonder why they cant just transplant a human donor cochlea when they have transplant so many other organs.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now