• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

@Heinrich_S7 I'm planning on going ASAP. On the day the registration starts, I will sign up.

I know that from the perspective of suffering for many years, it's pathetic but I can not wait any longer. No, if there is something on the market that can potentially help me.

PS. I'm constantly worried that my unknown cause will respond to the treatment worse than classic acoustic injuries... Well. Have to try.
I'll be sure to post my results if I go and get one, but if I don't, I would love to hear how you make out, just to help me push through until a North America release =]

I am planning to fly there as long as someone would be willing to treat me as I am outside the country even if I had to fly back for a second evaluation after six weeks.

If there was an estimated US release date I may wait, but who knows when that may be.

Anyone planning on going to Ireland to try it out?

I've been dealing with this shit for almost 20 years. In the past four years it has really worsened significantly. I'm feeling doubtful about Lenire's availability in North America in 2019-20. I've been putting money aside for [some sort of medical breakthrough] since about 2010. I'm going to Dublin.

I'm feeling doubtful about Lenire's availability in North America in 2019-20.
My current guesstimate is it will be in the US about a year after it arrives in Ireland, so if it comes out in June, around a year from now. I'm content to follow the rollout in Europe and read testimonials between now and then, although living in New England I could probably make it to Ireland and back without breaking the bank.

My current guesstimate is it will be in the US about a year after it arrives in Ireland, so if it comes out in June, around a year from now. I'm content to follow the rollout in Europe and read testimonials between now and then, although living in New England I could probably make it to Ireland and back without breaking the bank.
It would be nice if we could fax them our audiograms. Then they can program it and mail it to us. IIRC all they need is your audiogram.

Yes, me too.
Back to normal life! But we still have to avoid loud noise because we're still vulnerable to making it worse again.

That's what I'm wondering. If you fix yourself, then go to loud venues, can using Neuromod again fix the new damage and bring your tinnitus back down AGAIN?

Yes. But it won't help the hyperacusis.
Bimodal stimulation (essentially the same modality that Lenire is) diminished @kelpiemsp's hyperacusis.

"My hyperacusis slowly diminished. I had hyperacusis for a while. Not anywhere close to many of the people on this forum. But there were weeks were I couldn't be in my office environment because it was too loud. Once I went back to work I slowly got used to that. Then I couldn't handle my child yelling. I slowly got used to that. Now, I protect out of instinct, but the pain doesn't happen."

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...nd-body-stimulation.28022/page-17#post-407060

Back to normal life! But we still have to avoid loud noise because we're still vulnerable to making it worse again.

That's what I'm wondering. If you fix yourself, then go to loud venues, can using Neuromod again fix the new damage and bring your tinnitus back down AGAIN?
No loud venues for me, ever again. Even if Neuromod delivers a best-case scenario. I have learned my lesson, forever.

Let's not plan on testing that one out.

Bimodal stimulation (essentially the same modality that Lenire is) diminished @kelpiemsp's hyperacusis.

"My hyperacusis slowly diminished. I had hyperacusis for a while. Not anywhere close to many of the people on this forum. But there were weeks were I couldn't be in my office environment because it was too loud. Once I went back to work I slowly got used to that. Then I couldn't handle my child yelling. I slowly got used to that. Now, I protect out of instinct, but the pain doesn't happen."

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...nd-body-stimulation.28022/page-17#post-407060
Personally I see that as mere coincidence or natural healing, rather than the work of the bimodal stimulation.

This is great news! Here's to hope!
Dear Once,

HOPE is all we got now...

Looks like Neuromod is not going to be available in the US for a year and I need to do something for my loud tinnitus.

Dr. Shulman prescribed you Klonopin at a low dose of 1/2 of .5mg (.25mg?) in mid February 2019 and you have taken it since and have felt much better.

Are you able to keep at .25mg? Have you added Gabapentin since Dr. Shulman suggested waiting until May 2019?

I am thinking to reinstate Klonopin .25mg/Gabapentin and to wait for Neuromod.

I need right-eye cataract surgery and am thinking of re-starting Klonopin .25mg after the surgery. My tinnitus was due to Ativan withdrawal (but am now benzo free) and do not have experience of Klonopin.

Please provide any comments/suggestions. Many thanks.

Dear Once,

HOPE is all we got now...

Looks like Neuromod is not going to be available in the US for a year and I need to do something for my loud tinnitus.

Dr. Shulman prescribed you Klonopin at a low dose of 1/2 of .5mg (.25mg?) in mid February 2019 and you have taken it since and have felt much better.

Are you able to keep at .25mg? Have you added Gabapentin since Dr. Shulman suggested waiting until May 2019?

I am thinking to reinstate Klonopin .25mg/Gabapentin and to wait for Neuromod.

I need right-eye cataract surgery and am thinking of re-starting Klonopin .25mg after the surgery. My tinnitus was due to Ativan withdrawal (but am now benzo free) and do not have experience of Klonopin.

Please provide any comments/suggestions. Many thanks.
I will PM you.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now