• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

€4000 is a lot to pay for a 'might or might not work' and I doubt there will be a rental lesser priced option.

I imagine their strategy as a business will be to charge top notch for it, targeting those with the money to spend on something that has no guarantee and once sales start slowing down at that price, then the price will drop to gain the next 'market' and so on.

I see the price dropping in future as a good sign that they are making plenty of sales.

It's a shame, but that's business after all.

Anyway that's my theory. I would like a rental option as this product is going to be out of reach for many initially but I can't see them offering this as I would think my formerly theory makes more business sense.

Not sure who said that then, because it's false. Only people with non-somatic tinnitus were allowed into the trials.
I don't believe the somatic portion is true at least for their second trial. They only excluded people with tinnitus due to neck or jaw issues. Seventy to eighty percent of people with tinnitus can manipulate their tinnitus through the somasensory system. I will have to refer to the trial document if I can find it in these threads.

Such a price (in my country - 4000 x 4).

Price for a chance to regain peace. Nothing guaranteed.

And yes, I know what I will do.

@annV - you are our secret agent;)

I don't believe the somatic portion is true at least for their second trial. They only excluded people with tinnitus due to neck or jaw issues. Seventy to eighty percent of people with tinnitus can manipulate their tinnitus through the somasensory system. I will have to refer to the trial document if I can find it in these threads.
I can manipulate mine as well. Mine is probably somatic.

I believe somatic sufferers benefit from the treatment more too.

If this thing helps me and I am able to get my hands on it I would gladly give it to someone to use for free. I don't want to see anyone suffer with this hell.

Maybe we can form a co-op and each use it for 10 weeks? People who have lots of money may purchase it? That is called skimming the cream. We have to live with hope!
If this thing helps me and I am able to get my hands on it I would gladly give it to someone to use for free. I don't want to see anyone suffer with this hell.
I don't think it will be possible to resell or gift it and reprogram it for another person but that's my personal speculation. All will be known in due time.

When it's released, I'll be the last one to purchase it. That's because I have no intention of paying €4,000 based on their 'data'.

I intend on seeing 'real evidence' and that real evidence will emerge on this fantastic forum.

I had enough of relying on trials made by developers of their product to base my trust on.

I believe the internet will make or break them, but if it's as good as their data is showing so far then Ross O'Neill and his colleagues deserve to reap the rewards. In fact, I wouldn't mind investing in the product if there was a way to, but only once I've seen the peer reviews and 'real life' testimonials.

June 24, dang. I'll be at a meditation retreat, completely cut off from the internet, so I won't be able to be here with you for launch-day celebrations & reserving my spot right away. A bit frustrating, but tinnitus provided an excellent course on dealing with frustrations...

To Paulmanlike:

My sentiments exactly.

4000 pounds currently equals $5,082.40. This is only slightly less than the $5,269.00 I paid for Desyncra in 12/16.

I can guarantee you that no American Health Insurance Carrier (or Medicare) will cover this.

This is beginning to very suspiciously and sinisterly resemble the how-desperate-is-this-patient hard sell that I was formerly faced with.
(Or how desperate is this sufferer to part with this kind of money?)

I will require a substantial number of very positive testimonials from trusted members on this forum before I will consider this extensive financial outlay.

They had in fact better be far more positive than Neuromod's YouTube testimonials previously posted and commented on here.

I'm going to see how it performs in the wild before I buy. Those of you who buy it on day one need to inform us of your results!

If it works, I'll fork over €4000 in a heartbeat.

June 24, dang. I'll be at a meditation retreat, completely cut off from the internet, so I won't be able to be here with you for launch-day celebrations & reserving my spot right away. A bit frustrating, but tinnitus provided an excellent course on dealing with frustrations...
Lemme know your results! :D

To Paulmanlike:

My sentiments exactly.

4000 pounds currently equals $5,082.40. This is only slightly less than the $5,269.00 I paid for Desyncra in 12/16.

I can guarantee you that no American Health Insurance Carrier (or Medicare) will cover this.

This is beginning to very suspiciously and sinisterly resemble the how-desperate-is-this-patient hard sell that I was formerly faced with.

I will require a substantial number of very positive testimonials from trusted members on this forum before I will consider this extensive financial outlay.

They had in fact better be far more positive than Neuromod's YouTube testimonials previously posted and commented on here.
It's not the cost that will stop insurance companies from covering it. It will be due to lack of third party studies. Once/if those independent studies are done and if they show undeniable results then it would most likely be covered.

Also, if it's covered by insurance they would negotiate the price down for themselves.

All this is going to take time...

To Paulmanlike:
I do not believe this is cause for alarm; $5K was exactly the price I was predicting last year when I was joking about a $10,000 family trip to Ireland.

It's consistent with other similarly simple and low risk medical devices, indicating that R&D/regulatory/market forces are probably real and significant factors in pricing.
All this is going to take time...
First and foremost it'll take a product that works, and once (if) we have that, well, I'm ready to pull the trigger on that Irish vacation, I just need to understand the legal implications.

Well, had an ENT appointment today and neither the ENT or the audiologist had heard of Neuromod. I also asked the audiologist prior to asking about Neuromod if there were any upcoming treatments for tinnitus in the works. All he said was that he doesn't know of anything else other than a new generation of hearing aids that help mask it better. I thought he might be a bit better informed since he has tinnitus as well. Hopefully Neuromod shocks them all and provides a treatment option to sufferers for the first time.

I will also spend whatever it takes and spend it as many times as needed to hopefully find some relief from tinnitus. Neuromod, Shore's device, University of Minnesota device. In my opinion finding any relief is priceless whether it be an actual lowering of tinnitus from one of these devices or helping sustain habituation until there is a treatment for hearing loss.

How would you like it Neuromod??? Singles!!!!!

Pricing wise I'm hearing just a notch under €4000 (which would mean no boob pics).
My source is dependable but things can change.

31kbkv.jpg

4000 euros (not pounds) equals $4,464.80.
I was bracing for $5K USD so a little under. That wouldn't scare me off although I want to hear first-wave testimonials while waiting for the US release first.

June 24 Monday is what I'm hearing. The source that has close ties to Neuromod knows they are aiming for that but it could be a week or two later. They are waiting for the confirmation of some regulatory red tape. They will update their lenire.ie website and Twitter immediately when you can start booking appointments.

Pricing wise I'm hearing just a notch under €4000 (which would mean no boob pics). They can charge this because of the two large clinical trials that none of the other tinnitus treatment devices have undergone.

Take with a grain of salt. My source is dependable but things can change.
My God so much money, if it's true then I don't know how to afford this.

To Paulmanlike:

My sentiments exactly.

Thing is, had the testimonials been glowing people would say they were fake/exaggerated or paid actors.

And let's not forget, some top names have been linked to this, not only Hubert Lim but also Deborah Hall.

Early adopters usually pay more for most things. Price is a bit steep for some obviously but there are medical loan programs that can help if you need it.

Even if I had the money I wouldn't use €4000 on something that has very luke warm reviews and might not work.

Then again... I know I am privileged to be in that position. I can totally understand why people who have severe tinnitus are desperate for any kind of possible relief. I just really really hope they don't get screwed over.

€4000 for a lottery ticket? Neuromod is going to make a fortune from those who it doesn't work for. Good business... Especially when there is no guarantee and no money-back guarantee if the device doesn't work for you. I'm certainly not going to spend €4000 just not to hear my tinnitus when I'm riding my bicycle...

Anyway, let's see what happens when it comes out. Time will put this device in its place.

For me $4500 to get a chance at getting my life back is worth it. I certainly can understand the skepticism with all the other crap tinnitus treatments out there. People have paid way more for other devices without clinical trials backing them. We really don't know a lot of the details yet. They may offer a 30 day return policy if it doesn't work or half back like they did the first go around. We just don't know so it is all just speculation at this point.

I'm hoping they will start the process of getting the device approved by NICE as soon as possible, after which one could get it on the NHS.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now