Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Strikes me as a little odd that this could be released later this month without any marketing in the build up.
I wouldn't say they aren't marketing it. They have issued press releases, sent out multiple mailings on the mailing list, and used their social media presence. We're not talking about Disney pushing Endgame here. They're a small company. They can't afford Superbowl ad type marketing.

I got 35 points on THI. I'm currently sitting in a bar having a coffee and I can hear my tinnitus... That's mild?! So, if Lenire managed to reduce my THI by 10 points, would that be worthwhile (considering 10 points for me should be the minimum)?

Strikes me as a little odd that this could be released later this month without any marketing in the build up.

Not that I'm complaining if it is!
They have - Dr. Hubert Lim toured the USA; it's been in the ATA and they are at the BTA Expo this year. They're on Twitter; Facebook and have a website for orders.

What else is there to do?

Yeah I think the same :unsure:

Do you guys think, with the information that we have, Lenire will help with static white noise-type tinnitus?
The pitch and tone has no effect on the outcome on the efficacy of the treatment.

It seems that the root cause for why you have tinnitus in the first place seems to be more important. For instance, people with hyperacusis seem to respond the most to the treatment.

They have - Dr. Hubert Lim toured the USA; it's been in the ATA and they are at the BTA Expo this year. They're on Twitter; Facebook and have a website for orders.

I think they had an ad in a magazine as well, didn't they?

I've been too scared to test my THI so far! But I might scroll back through the thread for the link and give it a go.

I don't necessarily even mean marketing as such - I would have assumed they would have released more clinical trial data etc prior to the release for people to make their mind up.

The actual information they've put out there for the end user a few weeks before release is still fairly minimal.

This is not anything new. It consists of two old things if I am not wrong. Sound masking and electrical stimulation of the trigeminal nerve (V3 nerve exactly). I believe most people use some sounds to mask their tinnitus.

Electrical stimulation of trigeminal nerve is sometimes already used for Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I use a similar approach for atypical facial pain [which is different than Trigeminal Neuralgia]. I chew menthol gums, use strong toothpaste and it makes the pain go away.

The device would likely cost thousand of dollars, but I believe it would work only maybe slightly better than tinnitus masking plus chewing gums or hot pepper.

IMO things like rTMS make more sense but are also more dangerous. We want to change brain chemistry to be able to cure tinnitus/atypical facial pain. However, if we change it, it could also increase tinnitus/atypical facial pain in a number of cases.

This is not anything new. It consists of two old things if I am not wrong. Sound masking and electrical stimulation of the trigeminal nerve (V3 nerve exactly). I believe most people use some sounds to mask their tinnitus.

Electrical stimulation of trigeminal nerve is sometimes already used for Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I use a similar approach for atypical facial pain [which is different than Trigeminal Neuralgia]. I chew menthol gums, use strong toothpaste and it makes the pain go away.

The device would likely cost thousand of dollars, but I believe it would work only maybe slightly better than tinnitus masking plus chewing gums or hot pepper.

IMO things like rTMS make more sense but are also more dangerous, because if we want to change brain chemistry it can lead to tinnitus/atypical facial pain.
I'm going to rush to the store and get my chewing gum and hot peppers to cure my tinnitus.

When you are having a hot pepper you do not think about tinnitus :)

It should work in a very similar way. I am not completely sure, because the electrical signal might be processed in a different way. Either way, there are probably tongue stimulators already available for sale somewhere, or can be made to order.

For atypical facial pain this is the only thing that helps after 2 minutes.

I agree with one thing, rTMS is more dangerous than Neuromod. But rTMS has also been proven to reduce tinnitus symptoms by 39-45% in some patients:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/...ation_tech_in_fight_against_tinnitus/10727794

A 45% reduction in tinnitus symptoms is pretty serious for a non-invasive approach.
45% reduction is good for any kind of approach. I am not aware of invasive approaches such as injections having good effects on tinnitus, except for the one in South Korea, but I believe only few people went there.

45% reduction is good for any kind of approach. I am not aware of invasive approaches such as injections having good effects on tinnitus, except for the one in South Korea, but I believe only few people went there.
Deep Brain Stimulation. That's the only invasive approach I know of. Very rare and experimental and usually not done for patients with just tinnitus.

Either way, there are probably tongue stimulators already available for sale somewhere, or can be made to order.
Yes, you're right, there are other tongue stimulation devices on the market. The PoNS device is one that is used to alter brain plasticity, if my memory serves me correctly.

I think they had an ad in a magazine as well, didn't they?

I've been too scared to test my THI so far! But I might scroll back through the thread for the link and give it a go.
What's THI, why is it relevant and how do you measure it, anyone?

https://www.ata.org/sites/default/files/Tinnitus_Handicap_Inventory.pdf

Just tried taking it. 66 points :/ which equals to severe handicap.
Thanks. 58 points. Bottom end severe handicap. Shit. I thought that was bad and it can get worse?

I noted a lot of the questions are emotion driven. I could probably score lower if tinnitus wasn't making me feel way I do.

People say it's a choice to feel that way. Me personally, tinnitus makes me down. If I didn't have tinnitus I'd probably have a better quality of life and be happier for it. I could probably handle physical pain better.

I hope Lenire will reduce my tinnitus [I'm going for it if I can] and then I can emerge from this depression a new man and this, in some strange way, has been God's way of teaching me a valuable lesson. Some part of me wants to believe my noise exposure in October that made my tinnitus worse was to bring me to this point that I would otherwise have been unaware of.

Thanks. 58 points. Bottom end severe handicap. Shit. I thought that was bad and it can get worse?

I noted a lot of the questions are emotion driven. I could probably score lower if tinnitus wasn't making me feel way I do.

People say it's a choice to feel that way. Me personally, tinnitus makes me down. If I didn't have tinnitus I'd probably have a better quality of life and be happier for it. I could probably handle physical pain better.

I hope Lenire will reduce my tinnitus [I'm going for it if I can] and then I can emerge from this depression a new man and this, in some strange way, has been God's way of teaching me a valuable lesson. Some part of me wants to believe my noise exposure in October that made my tinnitus worse was to bring me to this point that I would otherwise have been unaware of.
Wow, I would have assumed that you scored 80-90 points like I did in the beginning with tinnitus. You generally sound even more distressed than I am. I really hope Leniere will work, but tinnitus isn't the only thing that causes me depression/anxiety at this point, so...

I'm not even going to answer that THI quiz because I doubt it's possible for me to answer it without getting a score pretty close to 100 and I don't know if I want to have to deal with that quantified "handicap" index right now. The only questions that couldn't justify an always are the anger stuff but that's just because I'm generally not an angry person.

I'm surprised your THI is so low since you say you are suicidal all the time...
The questions don't really lend themselves to cover the full range of suffering if you ask me. I hear my tinnitus 24/7 which to me is pretty severe.

Where do you score at Ann? (I'm just curious and I know it's not a who's got the bigger boobies competition. We're all in this shit pot together)

Last edited:
Wow, I would have assumed that you scored 80-90 points like I did in the beginning with tinnitus. You generally sound even more distressed than I am. I really hope Leniere will work, but tinnitus isn't the only thing that causes me depression/anxiety at this point, so...
I don't deny I'm a wimp. I've been dealing with this shit for 23 years and in the last 8 months it's been hell.

I don't deny I'm a wimp. I've been dealing with this shit for 23 years and in the last 8 months it's been hell.
You're certainly not a wimp! What you are is a true warrior, like nobody else.......being able to soldier on with severe tinnitus, takes mighty power.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now