• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I personally want the Neuromod experience directly.
Just wishing you the best on this Allan. I know you have been struggling a lot. I am confident you are going to be accepted and get some relief.

Just remember to try to release your stress during this. I know the Minnesota study mentions that stress can play a role in how well this treatment works. Not trying to add to your worry more, but I want you to get the relief you deserve.

Anyone got a list of people who got accepted into the first wave of appointments?

I remember at least two people were going today, but can't find their comments.

Can anybody propose some hotels in Dublin which aren't that expensive?

I have checked the distance from Dublin Airport to Neuromod. It's 12 kilometers away (approx. 30 minutes).

It means I would have to rent a car :( Which costs again some money.

I have checked the distance from Dublin Airport to Neuromod. It's 12 kilometers away (approx. 30 minutes).

I read somewhere that there is a local bus that you can use, it may be somewhere on the Neuromod website.

Just typed it into google maps obviously the times will differ https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dub...eacbd!2m2!1d-6.282474!2d53.342107!2m1!5e0!3e3

What about looking into ride shares like Uber or taxi's?

Edit: It looks like Uber is in Ireland, but operates differently than most of us are used to. You can use the MyTaxi App for Taxi service.

Life resumes quickly when your tinnitus is gone. :D
2DCADF5E-DC32-4DEB-9EC2-9CBD7E320440.gif

Were you booked? I am still waiting for that call to get booked.

Just wishing you the best on this Allan. I know you have been struggling a lot. I am confident you are going to be accepted and get some relief.

Just remember to try to release your stress during this. I know the Minnesota study mentions that stress can play a role in how well this treatment works. Not trying to add to your worry more, but I want you to get the relief you deserve.
Sometimes online you can reveal the depths of your soul, especially when it's with people who understand exactly where you are coming from.

I'm in a lot better place recently. Last week I had a staggering 7 days of almost near silence. My wife could tell because she says my demeanor changes. This bastard of a condition just takes the edge off who you really are and soon as it's gone I feel like I re-emerge as me. And I don't care what any organisation says... it's hard not to let it dampen your soul. In fact it takes all our might to plough ahead.

Hi all-

Straw grasping abounds in this post (sorry!), but I received a nice e-mail from Dr. Hubert Lim the other day. Lurking brought my attention to @kelpiemsp's thread about the University of Minnesota's research and clinical trials. Since I'm Minneapolis based, getting convenient, free (albeit experimental) treatment would rule.

I was looking for a contact to see if any future clinical trials would take place and Hubert's university e-mail was the only point of contact.

http://soniclab.umn.edu/

He wrote back 2 weeks later apologizing for the delay (he's said he's in transit) and said there's nothing happening in the near future but had me added a contact list for when they do. So it's cool that the University is going to be keeping up with this in tandem with Lenire. I'm also pleased to have gotten a response--when I cold e-mail people like this I rarely get a response. Hubert: confirmed for being a cool guy?? ;)

I read somewhere that there is a local bus that you can use, it may be somewhere on the Neuromod website.

Just typed it into google maps obviously the times will differ https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dub...eacbd!2m2!1d-6.282474!2d53.342107!2m1!5e0!3e3
As a Yorkshireman, I'm allergic to unnecessary expense, so cabs are out.
Get the 747 / 757 Airlink bus from the airport into the city centre. Takes about 30 minutes.
Then get bus #66 from Merrion Square South. Takes another 30 minutes and there's a bus stop about 5 minutes walk away from Neuromod's clinic.

If you're in and out on the same day, you can get a ticket for 24 hours unlimited bus travel for €10 - https://about.leapcard.ie/about/card-ticket-types

I asked about hotels nearby but she didn't know so I'll Google... I don't want to do it in a day for my ears...

Anyone booked a hotel?

For anyone that gets a call or that goes in for an appointment ask about the decibel level of the headphone audio. I am curious.

I think for mild cases these bimodal stimulation devices will knock it out for us. If you can only hear your tinnitus in quiet rooms I believe Lenire will eliminate it. I can only hear mine when I go to bed at night or when I'm in a quiet room.

For severe sufferers that can hear theirs over the freeway I think they're only going to see a reduction. Which is still great.

Perhaps improvements to these devices will come later down the road to allow even greater levels of reduction.
What about long term use? In the trials they only did the treatment for a number of weeks. But we still don't know what would happen if someone were to do the treatment continuously for, let's say 2 years!? If I recall correctly @kelpiemsp talked about a cumulative effect on his treatment in the University of Minnesota trial.

For some reason I thought this was covered in the video interview, 70 dB comes to my mind but I could be mistaken.
70 dB was what @kelpiemsp experienced during his trial with a different device.

Neuromod in the interview just said it was within safety levels.

For those who received a call, could you tell me what they asked you? What did you talk with them about? I want to know in order to be ready for my call when it comes, if it comes.

For those who called directly to Neuromod, did you use the telephone number that is listed on the website?

I plan to call them on Thursday if they don't call me soon.

I have not been contacted yet and am not sure if they even will.

Still I am asking myself if medication will inhibit the effect of the treatment or even kick me out. But severe patients like me cannot survive without medications, so I hope there will be no contraindication.

What kind of treatment would Lenire be, if not for severe cases?

Still I am asking myself if medication will inhibit the effect of the treatment or even kick me out. But severe patients like me cannot survive without medications, so I hope there will be no contraindication.

What kind of treatment would Lenire be, if not for severe cases?
I'm in the US so I'm not feasibly a candidate yet. However, I'm very interested in who's getting calls back and who isn't during this initial release. I'm hoping we can figure out some kind of pattern here.

An update on our User Experience Group

So far, 80 people signed up to become part of the user group that will report on their experiences through us. Unfortunately, only 41 of those are usable responses, meaning they left their contact details (user name and/or email address) and ticked 'yes' for the question whether you want to take part.

I found the country breakdown of those who signed up interesting, so I'll share it here:

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 21.38.45.png

If you are planning to start using the device soon, please consider joining our User Experience Group by clicking on the banner at the top of this thread or here. But you can only take part if you leave us your contact details; otherwise we have no way of getting in touch with you .... obviously ;)

We are also still looking for a volunteer project manager to help us make this a successful project!

You're worrying unnecessarily my friend. The e-mail inviting people to register an interest was sent out 13 days ago and they said it may take up to 14 days to respond, possibly longer depending on the number of applications.
They're not in a position to start ignoring potential customers - they'll get to you.

For those who received a call, could you tell me what they asked you? What did you talk with them about? I want to know in order to be ready for my call when it comes, if it comes.
I plan to call them on Thursday if they don't call me soon.
It was a fairly straightforward call - but to be fair, English is one of my few strong points.

They asked if it was convenient time to talk.
They explained what would happen at the assessment.
They asked if I wanted to proceed to book an appointment for an assessment.
They took further details from me - address, date of birth, best contact number etc.
They said it would take around 1h45m all told and asked that I arrive 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment time. The first slot they offered wasn't suitable for me, so they looked again to find one that was.
They wanted to make sure I understood that further visits were required.
They gave the address / location of the clinic and advised the cost - €250 to be paid on the day and they don't take cash.

That was it I think. Call lasted about 10 minutes.

As a Yorkshireman, I'm allergic to unnecessary expense, so cabs are out.
Get the 747 / 757 Airlink bus from the airport into the city centre. Takes about 30 minutes.
Then get bus #66 from Merrion Square South. Takes another 30 minutes and there's a bus stop about 5 minutes walk away from Neuromod's clinic.

If you're in and out on the same day, you can get a ticket for 24 hours unlimited bus travel for €10 - https://about.leapcard.ie/about/card-ticket-types
I'm getting a taxi. I'm not driving through the night, getting a 06.30 fight and potentially spending €2750 to end up on a bus going in the wrong direction.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now