• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Does anyone know how much this treatment costs?
€2500 including the initial assessment visit. However if at the assessment appointment they say you're not eligible, then you will have to pay €250 for the visit. That's how I've understood it...

I wonder if it's a problem at all to go there and leave the country with the device?

I can't stay there for the 6 weeks.

Does anyone know what would potentially exclude one from the treatment?

It was a fairly straightforward call - but to be fair, English is one of my few strong points.

They asked if it was convenient time to talk.
They explained what would happen at the assessment.
They asked if I wanted to proceed to book an appointment for an assessment.
They took further details from me - address, date of birth, best contact number etc.
They said it would take around 1h45m all told and asked that I arrive 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment time. The first slot they offered wasn't suitable for me, so they looked again to find one that was.
They wanted to make sure I understood that further visits were required.
They gave the address / location of the clinic and advised the cost - €250 to be paid on the day and they don't take cash.

That was it I think. Call lasted about 10 minutes.
They don't take cash?!

That is interesting...

It's normal to only accept credit card / debit card. They accept those.
I know, it shows some form of integrity. When you pay with credit card you can cancel the payment or be difficult if you don't get what you expected. This means they are going to be legit about it because they don't fear this happening.

Adds more to their authenticity.

Unlike some "treatments" that require upfront payments before in cash...

The form you fill out is super basic. I don't see how any of that could exclude you, except perhaps the "heart timer thingy", not sure what it is called, or the epilepsy. I did not see anything hearing related that I could see.

The form you fill out is super basic. I don't see how any of that could exclude you, except perhaps the "heart timer thingy", not sure what it is called, or the epilepsy, I did not see anything hearing related that I could see.
Then ask pointed questions during the phone call. If they can't give assurances then don't fly out there and wait for it to arrive locally. My gut feeling is telling me this will filter out to most of Europe within the next 6-9 months and show up in the US no later than a year from now.

Ah, makes sense. Did you receive the phone call? What do they ask?
From the previous page of this thread:
It was a fairly straightforward call - but to be fair, English is one of my few strong points.

They asked if it was convenient time to talk.
They explained what would happen at the assessment.
They asked if I wanted to proceed to book an appointment for an assessment.
They took further details from me - address, date of birth, best contact number etc.
They said it would take around 1h45m all told and asked that I arrive 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment time. The first slot they offered wasn't suitable for me, so they looked again to find one that was.
They wanted to make sure I understood that further visits were required.
They gave the address / location of the clinic and advised the cost - €250 to be paid on the day and they don't take cash.

That was it I think. Call lasted about 10 minutes.

The form you fill out is super basic. I don't see how any of that could exclude you, except perhaps the "heart timer thingy", not sure what it is called, or the epilepsy. I did not see anything hearing related that I could see.
There is the initial questionnaire to assess your tinnitus anxiety / distress and the question on current medications. Maybe if you come across hyper-anxious or if you take many drugs they could exclude you? I don't really know.

Can anybody propose some hotels in Dublin which aren't that expensive?

I have checked the distance from Dublin Airport to Neuromod. It's 12 kilometers away (approx. 30 minutes).

It means I would have to rent a car :( Which costs again some money.
There is an airport bus which goes directly from the airport to Lucan (where Neuromod is). It takes about 35 minutes. I don't know of any cheap hotels, but look at airbnb.com - there are some reasonable options around the Lucan area, much less than the hotels. (Around AU$60 a night... not sure what that is in EU, but the hotels were at least AU$160 a night!)

Is this assumption that people from outside Ireland will be excluded based on anything?
Excluded is the wrong word. Think... Prioritized. There's no way their homebase will be able to service the sort of demand that is likely to emerge once word of mouth spreads on this. If they're going to distribute this around the globe then at some point they should admonish people to sit tight and wait. My main interest in speaking with them is just that... to ask them what their strategy is to get this in the US area. As I'm located in the Boston area in particular, which is where Mass Eye & Ear is, a hotbed of research and treatment, I might be able to get some hints as to when it might be in this area after FDA approval.

Excluded is the wrong word. Think... Prioritized. There's no way their homebase will be able to service the sort of demand that is likely to emerge once word of mouth spreads on this. If they're going to distribute this around the globe then at some point they should admonish people to sit tight and wait. My main interest in speaking with them is just that... to ask them what their strategy is to get this in the US area. As I'm located in the Boston area in particular, which is where Mass Eye & Ear is, a hotbed of research and treatment, I might be able to get some hints as to when it might be in this area after FDA approval.
I emailed them not long ago. They just said they're working hard on it, it requires work from the two parties, is an independent evaluation form the FDA, can't give a timeline.

I was wondering the same. That's really my main interest in speaking with them as well. I was thinking NYC or Boston might be where they begin their US launch as well. I live in upstate NY so either location would work for me. If you happen to speak with them about it please keep us informed. I hope they're successful in getting it here sooner rather than later as 4 trips to Ireland would be a bit much.

I hope Ross O' Neill was correct about his 2019 prediction for FDA approval.

But how long will it take to get audiologists trained and devices sent over when that happens? I'm guessing I'm going to have to travel to another state, as I only see this being available in a few places at first. I live in Texas.

I know, it shows some form of integrity. When you pay with credit card you can cancel the payment or be difficult if you don't get what you expected. This means they are going to be legit about it because they don't fear this happening.

I also wouldn't want to secure wads of €2500 in my office...

You're reading WAY too much into that, it's just that the private clinic they rent doesn't accept cash.

Yes, yesterday. Flights arranged. Feeling oddly nervous. All this talk etc and suddenly it's a reality.
Hi Allan
The quotation on your avatar is spot on.

Very best wishes with your treatment.
A financial gamble for the participants, and a financial gamble for the company.
Either their product will actually work, or it won't.
A bit like buying a painkiller.
If it works you stay with it - if not, you chuck it.
Either way, the community will benefit by genuine unsolicited reviews.

I truly hope it goes really well for you buddy, and for everyone in the same boat,
Dave x

They didn't but the questionnaire served as a preliminary selection from what they said.

@RaZaH 2500 euro all in.
Thanks, was looking for this info. I've filled out the application and can feel I can afford to take the €2500 risk of a potential disappointment at this time, so I will go and get one as soon as (if) they let me. There's also a chance that my Swedish health insurance will pay the full treatment or parts of it, since it is a treatment that isn't available in Sweden. I tried the same for LLLT though and they wouldn't cover that because of the lack of scientific evidence for it... so I guess we'll see about Lenire!

Then ask pointed questions during the phone call. If they can't give assurances then don't fly out there and wait for it to arrive locally. My gut feeling is telling me this will filter out to most of Europe within the next 6-9 months and show up in the US no later than a year from now.
For a variety of reasons I will not be part of this experiment.
As I see it, the stakes for Lenire are massive.

As paying customers finally get their hands on these gadgets we should, hopefully in a short space of time, get some genuine customer reviews.

If the reviews are great then they've obviously struck the mother lode, no question.

But if the results are disappointing then it could 'bomb,' and they'll sell like 'cold cakes,' if at all, as they join the scrapyard of other failed attempts.

At least the waiting time will be over.
Fingers crossed for everybody folks.

Hi Allan
The quotation on your avatar is spot on.

Very best wishes with your treatment.
A financial gamble for the participants, and a financial gamble for the company.
Either their product will actually work, or it won't.
A bit like buying a painkiller.
If it works you stay with it - if not, you chuck it.
Either way, the community will benefit by genuine unsolicited reviews.

I truly hope it goes really well for you buddy, and for everyone in the same boat,
Dave x
Thanks Dave. I hope it will work and yes it's a risk but we shall see.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now