• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Thanks Dave. I hope it will work and yes it's a risk but we shall see.
Allan what is your timeline like?

Sorry if you have already posted it but I didn't see it.

I had my appointment yesterday. It was the first day they were taking in public patients. They are a small business for now but have a lot of room to expand. I was one of the first in yesterday I think.

The audiologist was lovely. I had a really nice chat about tinnitus, my medical history, what works, what doesn't work, how I think I got it etc. It was good to finally have someone agree that medication can cause tinnitus and that ototoxicity is a thing. Anyone going to Lenire is in good hands. My ENT flat out refused to acknowledge I got tinnitus from medication (Amitriptyline), so did my doctor and two other high up medical professionals.

Then I had a hearing test, outer ear inspected and inner ear checked.

In the end I chose not to go with the Lenire.

In the last week I've had a noticeable decrease in my tinnitus thanks to some specific supplementing. I'll make a detailed post in the following days. In short I feel it's lowering more and more and everyday and will go away on its own. I have mild to very mild tinnitus, scoring 24 on their exam. I would want to exhaust all other options before I put forward that amount of money.

If in the future it returns or I end up with noise induced tinnitus I will be happy to go back to Neuromod and try the Lenire. Good luck to anyone with upcoming appointments. From talking to the staff and listening to the testimonials this sounds like a very promising product and I eagerly await public results.

How do you mean? From when I got the call or how long I've had tinnitus?
I mean like, when is the appointment, when are you flying out, when are you returning, etc.

(This also shows that they are not concerned about Americans bringing this device back into the US.

Did they ask you about this
@Allan1967) WRONG. ALLAN IS IN THE UK.

I had my appointment yesterday. It was the first day they were taking in public patients. They are a small business for now but have a lot of room to expand. I was one of the first in yesterday I think.

The audiologist was lovely. I had a really nice chat about tinnitus, my medical history, what works, what doesn't work, how I think I got it etc. It was good to finally have someone agree that medication can cause tinnitus and that ototoxicity is a thing. Anyone going to Lenire is in good hands. My ENT flat out refused to acknowledge I got tinnitus from medication (Amitriptyline), so did my doctor and two other high up medical professionals.

In the last week I've had a noticeable decrease in my tinnitus thanks to some specific supplementing. I'll make a detailed post in the following days. In short I feel it's lowering more and more and everyday and will go away on its own. I have mild to very mild tinnitus, scoring 24 on their exam. I would want to exhaust all other options before I put forward that amount of money.

If in the future it returns or I end up with noise induced tinnitus I will be happy to go back to Neuromod and try the Lenire. Good luck to anyone with upcoming appointments. From talking to the staff and listening to the testimonials this sounds like a very promising product and I eagerly await public results.
Did Neuromod mention noise induced tinnitus being a treatable condition by Lenire?

What about medication induced?

I found many people with mild tinnitus in this thread. That makes me think that I have super tolerance to the horrendous ringing.

I never read about tinnitus when it was mild.

Pleased you mentioned why you chose not to go with Lenire.

@ruud1boy did they mention any exclusion criteria? Would be a waste to travel to Ireland to only hear one is not eligible.
They didn't, but as noted in subsequent posts (and earlier ones for that matter) there are going to be some cases they either won't want to touch - e.g., 'if this doesn't work, I'm going to kill myself' - or there'll be cases where an alternative treatment might be better suited - 5 years worth of impacted earwax for example.

You could have at least gotten it and sent it to me! :p

I received an email proposing November 8.

I am not in Europe. They sure are pushing the non-UK/Ireland patients to later dates.

I can't wait this long!
Oof RIP Americans.

Well I just got my email as well. I am in the US. They are proposing a November 15th date for me. Ouch! I am going to write back and see if they have any updates on a US release date. It may be worth waiting at that point.

They offer me an appointment in November... not sooner :( I registered the day I received the email... I think they filter the appointments by countries... I'm from France.

Well I just got my email as well. I am in the US. They are proposing a November 15th date for me. Ouch! I am going to write back and see if they have any updates on a US release date. It may be worth waiting at that point.
So now it seems like they aren't worried about Americans taking it back to the US.

Could it be they expect a rollout towards these other countries by November, hence this date? I find it hard to believe they are completely booked till then.
It is possible, but my appointment has all the details at the Dublin location. That is why I question even going through with it. They could possibly have a 2020 US release date which could be a few months away from my proposed Neuromod appointment. I doubt they are filled at this point, but maybe they want to "iron out the wrinkles" with more locals that are closer.

I just got e-mail from Neuromod. I got an appointment for mid October in Dublin. Airfare is about 70 USD t/r. Hotel about the same. They charge 250 Euro for the appointment. I have just accepted their offer, I am very excited.

It appears there's quite high demand for initial appointments. Remember, they have to have openings for people to do the follow up appointments, so they aren't going to be "booked solid" with initial appointments through November.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now