Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

I also saw this posted on r/tinnitusresearch over on Reddit today:

https://innovation.medicine.umich.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Shore-flyer-1.pdf

I'm not sure if this is old or not but it looks like the Michigan team is beginning the process towards commercialization.

I told you guys Neuromod's Lenire will put pressure on the other bimodal devices!
Good find, but it looks to be from 08/2018. (Bottom right corner.)

I don't think we will see a commercial device available from UMich anytime soon. I bet they are still 2-3 years away and that is probably being optimistic.

Do you think after Lenire we can expose ourselves to pub level noises (75-90 dB)?

My social life is very limited given my tinnitus as most of nightlife plans involve a place with loud noise.

Most places (excluding clubs and concerts) are around 75-90 dB.

I really hope to be able to go back to enjoying those places.
The only good thing about tinnitus is that it's taught me the value of solitude.

Going to be honest, I'm not going to risk loud environments anymore. Even if Lenire is my outright cure, I'm not going to risk making it worse even if I don't hear it.

I've learned my lesson. After this, I'm out. Done with any loud places and not wearing in-ear headphones again until we can regenerate our hearing or find a way to medically repress tinnitus indefinitely.

Personally, if you get out of this, don't ever put yourself back in.
I had had tinnitus for 20 years when it suddenly went Dante's Inferno on me... I second your thoughts regarding not exposing to sound.

I also saw this posted on r/tinnitusresearch over on Reddit today:

https://innovation.medicine.umich.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Shore-flyer-1.pdf

I'm not sure if this is old or not but it looks like the Michigan team is beginning the process towards commercialization.

I told you guys Neuromod's Lenire will put pressure on the other bimodal devices!
It's like a pamphlet of this website which has been updated recently:
https://innovation.medicine.umich.edu/portfolio_post/shore/

When I last emailed her she seemed to be hinting at a possible 2nd half of 2020 launch.
I would do backflips if that happened.
I just don't think that is feasible. They seem way farther off than that, but who knows.

Hell it took Neuromod this long to start selling their device on an ultra limited launch and they have had their device for years!

Going to be honest, I'm not going to risk loud environments anymore. Even if Lenire is my outright cure, I'm not going to risk making it worse even if I don't hear it.

I've learned my lesson. After this, I'm out. Done with any loud places and not wearing in-ear headphones again until we can regenerate our hearing or find a way to medically repress tinnitus indefinitely.

Personally, if you get out of this, don't ever put yourself back in.
Amen to that Brutha!

Hi guys. Just checking in.

Can't see any real positive feedback for Lenire?

I sent a message to Ross O'Neill weeks ago asking about the peer review. No response. Fck him and his company. No proper evidence that this does diddly squat. Go on Susan Shore!

I sent a message to Ross O'Neill weeks ago asking about the peer review. No response. Fck him and his company. No proper evidence that this does diddly squat. Go on Susan Shore!
Are you asking if there are positive results? I believe a few people have posted some pretty promising early results.

Have you even been reading this thread? Yes, there has been "real positive feedback" from early adopters.

Regarding peer review, just some random comments I found in three seconds of googling:

"Every time I contact the editorial manager they reply 'your manuscript is still under review'."

"Most often it is because review is a voluntary activity conducted by scientists who are themselves already busy and have to make time for activity. If these same scientists also teach, then the time allocation will depend on teaching activities too. It can be a real juggle to fit all these things in. Also, some of the better journals become overburdened with manuscripts, leading to delays."

"I had a paper received in 2010 and accepted in 2014."

Number of articles found with titles similar to this one: Why the peer-review process is so slow: too many to bother counting.

I'm going back to my ice nap.

Has smeone thought about using tVNS (Parasym) during the Lenire treatment? Or maybe just after the session or after / before the 3 month course? Isn't tVNS meant to increase neuroplasitcity?

Oh boy, I'm gonna get zappppppt.

Read my post history you trolip.

Read my post history you trolip.
If anyone is a trolip it's you. @RCP1 has been part of this community for a long time and has the respect of many of us. You're just another one of these totally biased Neuromod cheerleaders that hasn't been on the forum until very recently and has only posted in this thread. So far I've counted 3 of you. Can you possibly glow any brighter?

You're just another one of these totally biased Neuromod cheerleaders
If someone wants to be an evangelist or a naysayer, if they're consistent at least I'll respect that.

But you? You are ALL OVER THE MAP. One moment you are bashing Lenire and the next you're expressing hope. Sometimes I wonder whether there's really only one person behind your keyboard because your posts are so contradictory. The last time you went on a trollish tear (about a week ago) the mods started deleting your posts to prevent the dumpster fire from exploding. So please think twice before judging.

Ahh, and there we go, mood of the thread is back to depressive/hostile again.

@JohnAdams I also have great respect for @RCP1 and know he fights valiantly with bad tinnitus. But he hasn't posted in this thread for weeks, then suddenly barges in, fails to read back even a few pages (where he would have seen the positive feedback from early adopters), and drops a crap bomb of negativity souring the thread mood again. That deserves some pushback.

Piracetam doesn't increase BDNF and NGF at all. It's a positive allosteric modulator of the AMPA receptor. [snip]
Thank you for the exhaustive explanation. I'll do my first Lenire course strictly by the numbers, but using a racetam as an adjunct during the second course seems to hold great promise.

I'm a semi-regular armodafinil user. I've done what research I could and racetams+armodafinil seem to have different mechanisms of action and are commonly stacked together. Do you have any experience on this?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now