MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the fact that it was 'post dated' to March the 2nd means that the full infomation will be made public then?

But it's a Saturday... questions questions, no answers!!

I don't understand why they can't give access to the presentations to us as well as at the ARO - what's the difference in regards to undermining the peer review process if we're sufferers or ARO attendees?

I think the main difference would be: the presentations aren't public, but given to a controlled group of people, whereas, giving it to "us" would be publishing it openly, with no control anymore over who gets to see it, or how it's interpreted.

Such a slide can be explained or nuanced during a presentation, but if you want to publish results openly, it needs to be done in a thorough report that should answer any question it may arise. Which takes time to prepare. Precious time I'd rather they invest in releasing the device.

In general if you are attending a conference the slides are not provided to people until after the convention or at least until after they are presented.

I think the most important thing here is efficacy. Whether it launches in March or July or December of this year is going to be completely forgotten within a year. What won't be forgotten is whether it worked or not. And their ability to replicate TENT-A1's success in a different patient group is awesome news.

I think the most important thing here is efficacy. Whether it launches in March or July or December of this year is going to be completely forgotten within a year. What won't be forgotten is whether it worked or not. And their ability to replicate TENT-A1's success in a different patient group is awesome news.
TENT-A2 apparently had similar results. So that's a great sign. Honestly I'm not asking for a cure, I'm just hoping a reduction in either volume or presence. If it can knock off the spikes I get from anxiety, or just quieten them, it will be well worth 2-3K for me.

Indeed. But then again, tinnitus is generally very little written or talked about in the media. I wonder if most health journos are even aware of Neuromod's existence yet. It's interesting to see how much press they will get if the treatment gets established with a good success rate.

In the past year, here is what BuzzSumo reports when you search for "tinnitus" - with regards to social engagement levels for content on the internet:

View attachment 26993
View attachment 26994
This chart is depressing.

I've left several comments on this thread about having patience toward this release. Between the tinnitus and the waiting I'm losing my mind. It's getting harder to wait for this and remain calm. If this doesn't work for me it's going to destroy me. I also fear this thing never hits the market in the US.

Sorry for not being up-to-date with the thread, but has anyone mentioned the fact that this guy said it didn't decrease the volume but only the "intensity"? Seems a bit useless to me to be honest.

I've left several comments on this thread about having patience toward this release. Between the tinnitus and the waiting I'm losing my mind. It's getting harder to wait for this and remain calm. If this doesn't work for me it's going to destroy me. I also fear this thing never hits the market in the US.
I can pretty much assure you once this thing is launched in Europe/EU it'll soon make it to the States. The Americans won't be left behind with new cutting edge medical technology, that isn't how they roll.

Have faith in the fact that so far a vast majority of people have reported an improvement.

People want a device quickly to hit the market and at the same time something that has a high efficacy rate. You can't have one without the other, 9 years this company has been going with no product on market yet, be glad it's 2019 with a launch date this year, results from all the trials they have done with hundreds of people, the presentations at the ARO, the huge investment allegedly going into Neuromod, the well renowned professionals in tinnitus on board... hope that gives you some hope.

Sorry for not being up-to-date with the thread, but has anyone mentioned the fact that this guy said it didn't decrease the volume but only the "intensity"? Seems a bit useless to me to be honest.
None of us are really sure about Aidan's credibility given it's likely Neuromod went to the local cemetery and exhumed him for the trial.

Legit howling @Bam. That was my initial reaction when I saw him in the video. This dude looks like he's come from the local methadone clinic.

I guess it's good they didn't just pick the best looking and most successful clients for testimonies.

But what does "decreased intensity" even mean with maintained volume. Sounds like a habituation testimonial lol.

Legit howling @Bam. I guess it's good they didn't just pick the best looking and most successful clients for testimonies.
Yes, it probably gives a good overview of types of improvements. One was cured, one with less intensity, one with less volume. And I think all of them would benefit further with additional weeks of therapy.

I can't understand if what I hear is a hiss or a 15000 Hz tone seems to be very close.
But what does "decreased intensity" even mean with maintained volume. Sounds like a habituation testimonial lol.
Well sometimes I wake up with very soft and soothing pink noise tinnitus that can turn into piercing dentist drill that makes me cringe.
Imagine soothing rain sound vs LITERAL DENTIST DRILL LITERALLY INSIDE YOUR HEAD THAT YOU CAN'T ESCAPE OR MASK WITH ANYTHING. This is intensity.
The volume barely changes (+15-20% maybe), but intensity and my suffering goes from 3/10 to 10/10.

I get different intensities from piercing high pitch to a pink noise, so I understand what Aiden is saying.

Interesting the people they chose, all had different responses to treatment.

I wonder how many of the 500+ got relief like the older lady to a level of "it's gone". Susan Shore's got 2 reports out of 20 people, Dr. Ross O'Neill says there were anecdotal reports of people saying this but how many??

Hey, with 85 pages currently on this obviously popular thread, can anyone distill the bottom line on this for me?
Jup:
  • Neuromod (formerly: MuteButton, hence thread title) is a new tinnitus treatment, coming this year from a company based in Dublin
  • It works with bimodal neuromodulation, using audio and stimulating nerves through the tongue
  • Apparently, 80% of clients in the trial (TENT-A1) got "some relief", whereas two/thirds got "clinically significant positive results"
  • Awaiting results of TENT-A2
  • Seems to work specifically well for those with reactive tinnitus / hyperacusis
  • Launch: sometime in 2019 in Ireland, with apparently sometime in September stretching in a number of EU countries including Belgium.
  • Majority of the thread is people asking when it is released already :D

More information and patient testimonials:
https://www.neuromoddevices.com/

And be sure to check out the video in the Q&A thread!

There is a new device coming out.
It looks promising but some are skeptical for various reasons.
It won't work for everyone though, but seems to work for a majority.
Nobody knows when it will be out, probably this year.

I think this sums it up.

Hey, with 85 pages currently on this obviously popular thread, can anyone distill the bottom line on this for me?
In short, it may the first ever treatment that will actually turn down the volume or alleviate your tinnitus. In the history of tinnitus treatments, no treatment has ever proved this before. It's all very exciting. I see you're new to tinnitus, but you may have joined the club at a good time. As a long term sufferer, myself am cautiously optimistic as I've been here before with upcoming new treatments, however plenty of reasons to be optimistic with Neuromod.

P.S. weekends have become so boring because I know no news will come.

It seems like the device itself is secondary to the programming and timing. I suspect that at the end of the day that's what's going to make the difference.

They are probably trying to get the best results they can right now just to get it to market knowing that they can refine it over time. I suspect that results will improve after it's been out for a few years.

I think this thing may (eventually) get us to where we need to be.

Jup:
  • Neuromod (formerly: MuteButton, hence thread title) is a new tinnitus treatment, coming this year from a company based in Dublin
  • It works with bimodal neuromodulation, using audio and stimulating nerves through the tongue
  • Apparently, 80% of clients in the trial (TENT-A1) got "some relief", whereas two/thirds got "clinically significant positive results"
  • Awaiting results of TENT-A2
  • Seems to work specifically well for those with reactive tinnitus / hyperacusis
  • Launch: sometime in 2019 in Ireland, with apparently sometime in September stretching in a number of EU countries including Belgium.
  • Majority of the thread is people asking when it is released already :D

More information and patient testimonials:
https://www.neuromoddevices.com/

And be sure to check out the video in the Q&A thread!
Thank you so much! Just the info I needed.

It seems like the device itself is secondary to the programming and timing. I suspect that at the end of the day that's what's going to make the difference.
The lo-fi nature of the hardware is what makes me optimistic. We're not talking about bionic implants or gene therapy here. It's all in the biohacking "software", which is effectively a trial-and-error code-cracking style endeavor. When going that route, the worst results always come first. As the principles of cause and effect are eventually understood, the results improve, but the hardware stays the same. The trick is not to get discouraged in the early stages before all avenues have been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now