MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of that, it would be great (but maybe too much to ask?) if the hardware is open to system updates. So as they figure out new tweaks to optimize performance, early purchasers can get these updates as well.

The lo-fi nature of the hardware is what makes me optimistic. We're not talking about bionic implants or gene therapy here. It's all in the biohacking "software", which is effectively a trial-and-error code-cracking style endeavor. When going that route, the worst results always come first. As the principles of cause and effect are eventually understood, the results improve, but the hardware stays the same. The trick is not to get discouraged in the early stages before all avenues have been tested.
I wish that was true, but we can't know. Maybe bimodal neuromodulation works for you, maybe it doesn't. If it doesn't, not sure tweaking the device will change anything. If it works but not greatly, than maybe tweaking it will provide better results.

But again there is so much we don't know, so again let's wait for factual information.

Do you think that this device with bimodal stimulation could also work to calm tympanic tensor syndrome?
We just don't know. In the information they've released so far, there's no mention of tensor tympani syndrome.

But since anxiety, TTTS, tinnitus, hyperacusis, misophonia etc are often tangled together in a chaotic and unknown fashion, alleviating one might alleviate the other. We'll just have to wait and see.

Because of that, it would be great (but maybe too much to ask?) if the hardware is open to system updates. So as they figure out new tweaks to optimize performance, early purchasers can get these updates as well.
I don't think the technologies are that complex in relation to its price. The price will come to cover the return to investors for all the research that's been put into it. I only see a small electrical box like an iPod/headphones and a tongue tip. They don't cost that much to make. The price won't reflect the manufacture cost but rather the research costs.

I spoke to someone who had the Desyncra device and he couldn't believe how simple it was in relation to the price.

I do wonder though how Neuromod plans to protect their invention by copycats, it won't be hard to copy it. I'm not for that by the way - I believe these guys should have the rewards for something so many across the world have been waiting for. But it's no doubt been an important discussion at Neuromod.

I do wonder though how Neuromod plans to protect their invention by copycats
I've also been thinking a lot about this. I think their core, hard-to-copy protection will be their software: the exact timings and signals they use.

In fact there were some people on the forum who tried to produce a bimodal device based on available info and this is precisely what they reported: the hardware is relatively easy to build, but the timings are tough to get right. Especially if Neuromod builds in an update capability and they'll release new software regularly, which is another feature the copycat won't have.

Of course, observing a real device in operation might make it easier to copy than just trying to interpret studies and patents, so we'll need to see.

Wow. Lot's of pages indeed! Is there anything resembling an ETA to market?

Oops, just saw the answer in a previous response - so 2019, maybe as soon as September, but in Ireland?

Oops, just saw the answer in a previous response - so 2019, maybe as soon as September, but in Ireland?
Sooner in Ireland. Europe in September 2019. USA in 2020. Speculation by the way.

If it's that good the evidence will come pouring in from us at Tinnitus Talk, so it'll give those waiting a little longer to make an informed choice of the alleged benefits (before parting with lots of cash). So see the wait in your country as a positive. I say I will wait but if it was sold tomorrow round the corner who knows.

I remember reading "MuteButton" a few years ago and brushing it off as another fad, turns out these guys mean business.

Maybe this time next year my MuteButton will be collecting dust and I'll be sitting in silence or very reduced tinnitus. I hope so.

I miss @Aaron123 and @attheedgeofscience, these guys knew how to interpret a lot of things.

The rumors we've heard:

Q1/2019 (so Jan-March (yes, this is right now!)) for Ireland (source: an investor's document produced by Neuromod.)

September 2019 for Belgium (source: a forum member.)

2019 for EU, 2020 for US (source: Neuromod.)

neuromod-release.jpg

I wonder if any news is going to emerge tomorrow... or this week. The waiting is killing me.
I'm thinking they will at least get through their current conference tour before this thing will be made available. The last date on that tour is March 29th. I don't know if these kinds of events are the type of thing you announce the start of sales at.

Do you think the device will be available via ENT units in hospitals Neuromod will collaborate with or will Neuromod create an office in each country to make the tests themselves and sell the device directly to the patients?

Do you think the device will be available via ENT units in hospitals Neuromod will collaborate with or will Neuromod create an office in each country to make the tests themselves and sell the device directly to the patients?
I think it will go the same way as a previous product did (Desyncra).

Audiology outlets will choose whether to sell the device and collaborate with Neuromod and they will sell the device.

It won't be adopted by hospitals because they will be launching it on limited evidence and here in the U.K. at least, factors that need to be taken into consideration is the cost/efficacy etc comparison to other treatments on offer.

If it goes on to becoming a great thing then eventually I think it might be adopted by the NHS (UK), but I know when offering new treatments they won't just offer something that is expensive on limited evidence.

So I would imagine anyone who wants the Neuromod soon after its release is going to have to shell out €$£ on limited evidence (500+ patients/trials conducted by the developers) and it'll be the draw of the luck if it will be of any benefit to them.

Would be better if you could just order the device online and set it up yourself. No ENT/audiologist near me is going to be interested in going to a workshop to learn how to do that. And I can't imagine that many ENTs/audiologists will even find out that this device exists. But, who knows, I just hope it'll launch in Ireland soon.

Would be better if you could just order the device online and set it up yourself. No ENT/audiologist near me is going to be interested in going to a workshop to learn how to do that. And I can't imagine that many ENTs/audiologists will even find out that this device exists. But, who knows, I just hope it'll launch in Ireland soon.
I think the reason the link @ajc posted might be good news is not because ENTs might or might not learn to use the device, but because it means Neuromod is convinced of the effectiveness.

What are the dates stated? Sorry I'm a bit behind on this haha.
Can't you read five posts higher?
@hans799 posted it just yesterday...
The rumors we've heard:

Q1/2019 (so Jan-March (yes, this is right now!)) for Ireland (source: an investor's document produced by Neuromod.)

September 2019 for Belgium (source: a forum member.)

2019 for EU, 2020 for US (source: Neuromod.)

I don't get why you think this. It's normal and part of the normal job for doctors to have continuous education. Learning new devices or medical procedures is all part of the job.

*Most large hospital systems actually force it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now