MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is MuteButton going to cost? Anybody have any idea?
We just did a Q&A with them in case you missed it:

Q&A: Tinnitus Hub Meets Neuromod (Lenire)

We also asked about pricing, direct link to that question/answer segment in the video below:

Are there any estimations on how much the device will cost?

So basically they are still figuring it out (or not ready to publish).

The pricing they had on the device a couple of years back was as follows (source):

"It will retail at €2500 which includes €2200 for the device and €300 for the consultation with the audiologist who configures the device to each patients hearing profile. As our sales increase and the costs of manufacture decrease however we do hope to bring that price down slightly over the coming years."

But this doesn't mean it will be identically priced now. The clinical trials they've now organized, the extra R&D etc will have cost them and their investors a lot of money, and I wouldn't be surprised if the price will be higher this time around.

We will learn soon enough.

We also asked about pricing, direct link to that question/answer segment in the video below:

The pricing they had on the device a couple of years back was as follows (source):

"It will retail at €2500 which includes €2200 for the device and €300 for the consultation with the audiologist who configures the device to each patients hearing profile. As our sales increase and the costs of manufacture decrease however we do hope to bring that price down slightly over the coming years."

But this doesn't mean it will be identically priced now. The clinical trials they've now organized, the extra R&D etc will have cost them and their investors a lot of money, and I wouldn't be surprised if the price will be higher this time around.

There was also a refund of 1,500 euro if the device did not work... so expense was only 1,000.

Don't think for a second they're not watching this thread daily and sucking their teeth like a plumber about to give a quote for a boiler repair... Sure feels good to know I'm about to get fucked again. :rockingbanana: This time by a charming little Irishman with the world most expensive vibrator. :LOL:

And just remember folks when you part with your hard earnt savings... Tinnitus is for life not just for Xmas!! :ROFL:

Yippee ki-yay tongue tickling motherf***ers!!:beeranimation:

Don't think for a second they're not watching this thread daily and sucking their teeth like a plumber about to give a quote for a boiler repair... Sure feels good to know I'm about to get fucked again. :rockingbanana: This time by a charming little Irishman with the world most expensive vibrator. :LOL:

And just remember folks when you part with your hard earnt savings... Tinnitus is for life not just for Xmas!! :ROFL:

Yippee ki-yay tongue tickling motherf***ers!!:beeranimation:
Hey Kimosabe - There's real science behind this one - It's what stands it out from anything previous. Plus you'll have the advantage of honest appraisal before you buy - The only ones taking a chance here are the first adopters...

@RCP1 At this point I've seen and read everything I need to know about this device. Except for peer reviewed trial results. The only thing still keeping me in this thread is your personal assessment of it. Nothing will be more honest than that.

@RCP1 At this point I've seen and read everything I need to know about this device. Except for peer reviewed trial results. The only thing still keeping me in this thread is your personal assessment of it. Nothing will be more honest than that.
Without clear trial results it is tricky though. I too am extremely interested in hearing about our buddy RCP1's experience, but at the same time whether it works for one person is not a good way to figure out whether it will work for me.
I definitely get your point though.

at the same time whether it works for one person is not a good way to figure out whether it will work for me.
I agree!! @RCP1 has to be very susceptible to the placebo effect as he strongly believes in this treatment device. We need a few dozen people trying this device...

Without clear trial results it is tricky though. I too am extremely interested in hearing about our buddy RCP1's experience, but at the same time whether it works for one person is not a good way to figure out whether it will work for me.
I definitely get your point though.
I agree!! @RCP1 has to be very susceptible to the placebo effect as he strongly believes in this treatment device. We need a few dozen people trying this device...
We also have to keep in mind that if it unfortunately doesn't work for @RCP1 that it doesn't mean it doesn't work, but that he is in the 20%.

Also keep in mind the treatment lasts for 3 months before he possibly can show changes.

Also keep in mind the treatment lasts for 3 months before he possibly can show changes.

It was my understanding that you experience incremental changes?

Correct me if I'm wrong but those who react well to this should supposedly see somewhat steady progress over the 12 weeks, so we should hear feedback over the course of usage.

I am also interested in the idea of using it longer and whether this is recommended, I wonder if those whose tinnitus seemed to completely go away started the treatment with comparatively mild symptoms.

How in tarnation does the placebo effect work with tinnitus?
Yes please!! Give us the placebo effect... @annV :bag:
If this could bring me some kind of peace I want it as well...

I don't think @RCP1 would tell us that the device has a good effect on him without a deep explanation of the process anyway, and don't worry cause he won't be the only one using it right away on this forum. I'm from France so it is not so far and if there is any way I can get it from Ireland I'll be reporting as well.

Already we'll have 2 completely different profile using it and I'm pretty sure more of us will do the same.
You'll have full reporting of the use of the device and the effects before it even hits the rest of the world so no need to speculate too much about it.

Even if it works just for some of us it would be a big step forward. We never had anything that worked, not even a bit.

If it doesn't work, it would have been the most expensive scam campaign for a shady new tinnitus device!! :dunno:

January is fast approaching... Shouldn't there be retail information available? Or is it something that will be in an audiologist shop and you have to rent/buy from there?

A launch date would be great also.

January is fast approaching... Shouldn't there be retail information available? Or is it something that will be in an audiologist shop and you have to rent/buy from there?

Assume it's same approach as Levo. You have to go to an audiologist to test your hearing and create a profile for you which they use to configure the machine. Also assume that you have to pay for "tune ups" over the 12 months :)

January launch looks like bullshit to me. I'm thinking more like Spring.

Assume it's same approach as Levo. You have to go to an audiologist to test your hearing and create a profile for you which they use to configure the machine. Also assume that you have to pay for "tune ups" over the 12 months :)
They tune it to your individual audiogram. As long as that doesn't change they won't need to reprogram it.

They tune it to your individual audiogram. As long as that doesn't change they won't need to reprogram it.

Issue there is that audiograms can change. I can easily see providers requiring appointments pre-paid for follow-ups. I honestly do not see an issue with it just stating what I believe will happen.

They said March 2015 before.

Now 2019.

Do they not appreciate we all hang off every single piece of information and how we suffer - so these dates and times become crucial. It's all so wishy washy AGAIN from them. How are we meant to take what is neuromodulation and tongue stimulus seriously... When they are never solid with any information or timeline.

Wake me up again in 3 years when this thing actually has some merit to it. If I haven't stuck a knitting needle in my ear before then. Severe tinnitus now, after ten years of moderate.

Lmfao at the comment about the dodgy hip comment... so so true. I haven't posted for years as so many "tinnitus" sufferers were giving everyone advice on cures. Like green tea or maybe tapping the back of your head.

Not helpful if they are "cured".

So I will again head off the forums again - as MuteButton still seems fishy and wishy washy but - secretly HOPE it works. And hope to GOD the real tinnitus sufferers out there get silence. Or even a ten percent drop. Thats all I want. Something.

When you hear it while on a jet plane. In the shower. Always. And then it's somehow cured. Tell me. But the ones who have some mild noise when they go to sleep at night... go away. Read a book. Think about a stream. Oh wow. You're cured.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now