MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
never said I was habituated, I think this word habituated is used too freely ... I have accepted my faith of being a tinnitus patient and get along my day as good as possible ... that`s about it. After 5 years of tinnitus you know it is there and you just go along your day ... I wouldn`t call it habituated ... I call it courageous. Anyone with bothersome Tinnitus is a warrior in life ... they get the beatings but keep going.

As a long time T sufferer I've had several relapses. Relapses just happen but I believe this last one May 22,2014 was a virsus. I also had vertigo. I do believe in 'habituation' it is the best word to describe living with T. I am in my 9th month of this relapse. It usually takes me 12-18 months to habituate. I yearn for the day I can announce I have habituated. @nills if you can describe a better word I'd like to read it.
god bless.

I thought you said are habituated (for the most part) and that you are not so bothered with it.. has something changed?

Things are still changing for me. For the better that is. I can say tinnitus is on it's way out, more or less. Loudness is the same (I think) but it simply does not grab my attention anymore.

I like these treats because of the research. I might need it in a couple of years. And if somebody could offer a 100% chance of a cure I would invest some money in it. The brain is an intresting thing....I simply like to know a little about it. :D

Hi! I think MuteButton uses TNS (Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation) so they say, and they say that MuteButton is a new aproach to treatment of tinnitus.
Too good to be true?
We have no way of knowing
I think this is based in neuromodulation
like the VNS (vagus nerve stimulation) system from the microtransponder company
I'm hopeful about these new technologies.

Hi! I think MuteButton uses TNS (Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation) so they say, and they say that MuteButton is a new aproach to treatment of tinnitus.
Too good to be true?
We have no way of knowing
I think this is based in neuromodulation
like the VNS (vagus nerve stimulation) system from the microtransponder company
I'm hopeful about these new technologies.

It is not "like" VNS. VNS has loads and loads of papers on the subject of of directing plasticity (repeated many times in the last decade). Tongue tickling (or TNS) has not. Big difference.

Sjoerd, Thanks for the clarification. It is a big difference as you say.
I meant that both approaches are based on neuronal plasticity. Groups of
Jos Eggermont and Dexter Irvine showed the influence of neuronal plasticity in the origin of tinnitus and later the group of Michael Kilgard from the University of Texas at Dallas were able to remove Tinnitus in rats by VNS.
I dont know nothing more. I hope they both, VNS and TNS will work
Sorry my friends, if I bored you to death
I enjoy reading this kind of stuff and trying to understand it

Sjoerd, Thanks for the clarification. It is a big difference as you say.
I meant that both approaches are based on neuronal plasticity. Groups of
Jos Eggermont and Dexter Irvine showed the influence of neuronal plasticity in the origin of tinnitus and later the group of Michael Kilgard from the University of Texas at Dallas were able to remove Tinnitus in rats by VNS.
I dont know nothing more. I hope they both, VNS and TNS will work
Sorry my friends, if I bored you to death
I enjoy reading this kind of stuff and trying to understand it

I like the research of Michael Kilgard allot (and I like to talk about it). The rat had complete behavioural remission of tinnitus. The destortion in the auditory cortex was normalized and the frequency selectivity of the neurons was improved. They did an open label study on humans in Belgium (dr Dirk de Ridder). In that study 5 out a 10 poeple responed to the treatment. The average tinnitus loudness reduction was 27 dB. 5 out of the 5 poeple not responding to the treatment where on some kind of brain drug (benzo's or srri's I believe). To qoute Michael Kilgard...."it might actually be possible". Mind you, they are not even selling it....and all data is available on the internet (you will have to pay for some papers).

I do hope the MuteButton works.....but show us...! Please show us!

@labrat10687 is currently a part of the follow-up study on VNS (a better controlled on compared to an open-label trial).

My audiologist was talking about MuteButton today. Still not available in the U.S.

She also mentioned another new device ... "oto" something, sorry I didn't write it down! -- that appears somewhat similar to Neuromonics. But you use it while you sleep. She said she hadn't seen enough research on it yet to recommend it and, like Neuromonics, its expensive.

My audiologist was talking about MuteButton today. Still not available in the U.S.

She also mentioned another new device ... "oto" something, sorry I didn't write it down! -- that appears somewhat similar to Neuromonics. But you use it while you sleep. She said she hadn't seen enough research on it yet to recommend it and, like Neuromonics, its expensive.

Did she have good things to say about MuteButton? I asked mine about it and he seemed somewhat dubious because there were no studies (as far as he could tell) from sources outside of the company making the device. To me it seems like it could be more effacious than Neuromonics because of the potential Vagus Nerve Stimulation (via the tongue) but I would like to see more research on the device before I think about spending a lot of cash on something.

Hi @marqualler: She said she was keeping her eye on MuteButton and thinks it has potential. But like you, she said she hadn't seen enough research yet to show it is effective and worth the price. Maybe that will change by the time it gets to the States.

Same problem with Otoharmonics (thanks, @Markku, that's it). There has been one study of 11 people, too small to tell much of anything. Seems to be a recurring problem re. all devices currently on the market. They are expensive. Yet there are few, if any, independently based, large studies that show they work.

Re. MuteButton: Are you actually stimulating the vagus nerve in particular? Or are you distracting your brain from tinnitus by offering alternative sensory neurological stimulation? I thought they had to go into your neck somewhere to get to the vagus (what the folks in Dallas are testing now).

Hi @marqualler: She said she was keeping her eye on MuteButton and thinks it has potential. But like you, she said she hadn't seen enough research yet to show it is effective and worth the price. Maybe that will change by the time it gets to the States.

Same problem with Otoharmonics (thanks, @Markku, that's it). There has been one study of 11 people, too small to tell much of anything. Seems to be a recurring problem re. all devices currently on the market. They are expensive. Yet there are few, if any, independently based, large studies that show they work.

Re. MuteButton: Are you actually stimulating the vagus nerve in particular? Or are you distracting your brain from tinnitus by offering alternative sensory neurological stimulation? I thought they had to go into your neck somewhere to get to the vagus (what the folks in Dallas are testing now).
check my last few posts in this thread, it should be more clear how Mutebutton works after reading them. ;)

I am Spanish, my English is not very good. The user to buy mute button: John Mc Garrity, a question. Have you noticed anything yet? Take one month. Please there is a lot of misinformation about Mute Button can you tell that you felt?

Honestly if Mute Button does not provide some relief and considering that AM 101 has failed and has not AUT63 good reviews the outlook is bleak

That pesima news. Should produce some effect on the month you wear using it if really effective. But wait, you never know. I wish you all the luck. Please discuss the results please. We are eager bro.

Not a sausage after 6 weeks of use ! Crikey I thought it would have some affect however small. Listening to the wind on the hill of Tara has an affect and its free.

Back to 1988 technology - WNG's and TRT....

Autifony better come in. If they don't we aint got much going on!

Hopefully I'm so habituated by then I won't have even heard of Tinnitus. Either that or I can make a cup of tea really slowly and jump in the swimming pool with Julian Cowan Hill :)

Nobody knows how this is supposed to work.... For the record, this has nothing to do with the research of Micheal Kilgard and microtransponder (Dallas).

Why after 3 months since it went on sale there is not a story about users who have tried the Mute Button? It is very suspicious and raises concerns me. Sorry for my English, I use google translator. I am Hispanic.

@Carlos Galiano Mutebutton is a new device and very expensive, maybe a little of time. Look in the end of this post, a member of this forum buy Mutebutton and he report again in april after 10 weeks of use.

(Mutebutton es nuevo aún y bastante caro, quizás un poco más de tiempo, mira abajo un miembro de este foro menciona que lo compró y actualizará un feedback en abril después de 10 semanas de uso)

Saludos

I have bought Mutebutton in mid January and am using it a half hour per day. The 10 week period will be early April. I will report back then.

If it is expensive. But there are millions of English and Irish who suffer and I assure you that many would pay that much and more to experience tinnitus reduction. Has anyone else had to buy it and I see a lot of misinformation. Why the BTA not publish anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now