• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

Has anyone with T from meds tried the saffron yet
My T was caused by ototoxic meds as well as a possible acoustic injury.
3 months shy of 5 years of excruciating brain T .

I also think that the OP very likely got rid of his T naturally , albeit possibly helped by Saffron.

I am not sure what is going on , if this has similar mechanisms as benzo then i am not too surprised, I am very sensitive to all drugs so ...

I have hardly heard any T all day ...keenly aware that i might be jinxing myself though.
Will hear it for sure when I go to sleep.

I read through most of this thread, but not all 12 pages. Was saffron powder or saffron pills discussed? Has anyone tried it that way? I haven't had much luck with anti-inflammatory things for my T but the GABA connection is interesting. :) Also, how do you know when you are getting premium Spanish saffron (it has to be Spanish, right?) when ordering online? I live in a small town so ordering online is my only option.

Most say that saffron powder is too likely to be fake or not 100% , dont know about pills.
Spanish ,Iranian etc, should all be fine, make sure to get the finest grade. There should be a post here somewhere explaining the grading.

@RaZaH

This is where I am slightly concerned . Fully expect to build tolerance , hope it does not get worse when stopped.
I havent taken benzos since onset , can someone pitch in and tell us if a tiny amount of benzo would give you a full "silent" day ?

Like now , I have 98% silence. Might change in an hour or a few minutes , but for now 98% silence ?

You are lucky to have 98% silence just having the herbs! Please keep us updated your progress. Even scientist claim that Saffron acts as benzo but I would think it would be much safer than benzo. Someone cycle the use of herbs to avoid tolerance. Just one suggestion, don't stop the herbs abruptly, take it with time.

Most say that saffron powder is too likely to be fake or not 100% , dont know about pills.
Spanish ,Iranian etc, should all be fine, make sure to get the finest grade. There should be a post here somewhere explaining the grading.

Thank you! That's very helpful. :)

My T is now the worst it has been since I started taking it , was awesome yesterday , bit worse today and buzzzzing head now. Let's see how tomorrow will be.

Sorry to hear this Raza. did you do anything different as far as when you took the saffron, how much etc. I hope it goes back down.

Anyone in this forum have migraines as well that has tried the saffron?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a correlation between my migraine meds and T spiking since the migraine meds constrict blood vessels.

Strange how it works, sometimes loud sometimes very low .never happened to me before saffron , But I still enjoying silent moments ;) ,I ordered two other grammes .

I could make a guess that I still have the "usual" T fluctuations , except everything is brought down equally.
So, without Saffron I would be having a horrible day ,while today is just annoying , especially after such a silent period and when I am close to silence with Saffron I would be having an ok day without it.. if that makes sense?

Obviously, I have no real clue what is going on . I have zero tolerance for brain T after getting rid of it for a while.

What has changed is that I ran out of Lamberts 6000mg Gingko , did not notice that having any effect before, started taking that before my Saffron adventures, I ran out a couple of days ago though.

My T is now the worst it has been since I started taking it , was awesome yesterday , bit worse today and buzzzzing head now. Let's see how tomorrow will be.

I am sorry to hear this my friend. My tinnitus seems to be performing in the same manner - hopefully my evening saffron dose will bring quietness. I hope you feel better. I struggle with constantly feeling sorry for myself. I loath myself for doing this because I am thankful that to my knowledge I do not have a life threatening ailment/disease. I will continue to pray for all with tinnitus and for folks in far worse situations. God Bless.

Thank you! That's very helpful. :)

20170120_094731.jpg

@RaZaH please keep posting to let us know how your doing. Hope it continues to help you. I'm going to give this a try. I have noise induced T. Started out in my right ear but now it's in my brain on the right side. I'm doing pretty good with it cause it's not too loud . Never changes. Have it for almost 2 years now. Seems to me that if your T changes that is a good sign. Mine is very stable. I let you know how this goes.

My T has always been ever changing, personally i dont necessarily consider that a good sign.
My T also started in my left ear and progressed from tonal eeeee T to the current super high freq brain T.

As for my Saffron adventure then it varies , I have had 2 days now in a row that were not great , but that is in comparison with just about 3 weeks of extremely low T , so its hard to tell.
Getting virtually rid of T for a few weeks and start remembering what it feels like to be normal makes me very anxious about going back to where I was before , and any T is noticed more..its tough.

Saffron might work like benzo and i am developing tolerance , or it will work great tomorrow again?
Having said that ,its super silent at the moment, after a fairly annoying day?
Again, I really have no clue what is going on and if its the Saffron or something else.
My reduction definitely started after Saffron that much I know for sure.

I have read that benzos dont actually lower your T , you just dont care that much when taking it.
Can anyone shed some light on this ? Is this correct ?

I have read that benzos dont actually lower your T , you just dont care that much when taking it.
Can anyone shed some light on this ? Is this correct ?

I don't think my T gets any softer with benzos, but they do help me with anxiety.

I haven't had relief in a few days. I didn't know it was safe to do saffron more than twice/day. I want to habituate but losing hope and feeling very depressed. I selfishly want this NOW. I dont wanr to let my family down. I feel like half......not even half, probably 1/4 the man I was prior to this onset of tinnitus. Any help at all would be appreciated.

I am not sure what a safe amount is to be honest , just wanted relief so I went for it.
I think its safe to say that Saffron has a Benzo like effect , or something , worked really great for a couple of weeks ..3 weeks i think it was , does not seem to work as well now, I seem to need to take more of it , and then its fine. Obviously that is not going to work forever...

Having said that, my dreadful morning T has been better the whole time.

Dont know what to tell you except that you get better at dealing with this with time.
Also I have found that doing little things helps a lot , gain a few percent of happiness here and there, it gathers up.
I make sure to go to the pool/hot tubs , that seems to help me , cooking helps , reliefs stress, etc .

Small things add up.

@RaZaH: thank-you. Just having a hard time at the moment. I'm curious as to if the amount of saffron used would be any effect on the way it worked on the sound. My order from the Persian place hasn't arrived yet. I'm still using the Costco/Kirkland brand here in the USA.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now