• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

Yes. No reply.
He responded to me on Skype.

919220c08f69164dd6765379f1d5bdeb.png

He already says that it works on his website, I don't think asking him that on Skype will change anything haha.

Does anybody have any questions about the treatment that we don't already know? etc etc.
Ask him if he has any other published research or clinical trial information that he can share with you.

Just off the top of my head, assuming this is time sensitive:

Ask if it is exclusively intra-tympanic injections?

Ask if any negative side effects have been witnessed?

Period of time until improvement should be expected?

Does the viscosity of the PRP aid in adhering to the cochlea?

Do any of his patients experience no recovery? Are there candidates who are better suited for this treatment than others?

Depending on our specific condition, what kind of recovery could we anticipate?

Should we assume that if there is improvement, that the results are permanent? Have any patients had improvement and then reductions?

Maybe also if we can quantify the amount of PRP he is administering? I'm not too familiar with PRP, but it would be good to be able to compare this treatment to others.

Just off the top of my head, assuming this is time sensitive:

Ask if it is exclusively intra-tympanic injections?

Ask if any negative side effects have been witnessed?

Period of time until improvement should be expected?

Does the viscosity of the PRP aid in adhering to the cochlea?

Do any of his patients experience no recovery? Are there candidates who are better suited for this treatment than others?

Depending on our specific condition, what kind of recovery could we anticipate?

Should we assume that if there is improvement, that the results are permanent? Have any patients had improvement and then reductions?

Maybe also if we can quantify the amount of PRP he is administering? I'm not too familiar with PRP, but it would be good to be able to compare this treatment to others.

He did say that people with Vitamin D deficiencies will have less effectiveness in treatment and to wait a few months after raising it back to normal levels.

He did say that people with Vitamin D deficiencies will have less effectiveness in treatment and to wait a few months after raising it back to normal levels.

That is good to know. Could we have him constitute what he considers Vitamin D deficient? Also, could we have him state what levels he considers ideal for our treatment?

This is kind of unrelated, but if this is simply "Sticky PRP," I wonder if this is something that we could get done in our own countries after exposing some of the clinics to his work. It kind of sounds like he just bakes the PRP in the oven and gets the texture different. I find that these alternative medicine clinics can be openminded on occasion. Although, I'm not sure how his patents effect the possibility.

How are you chatting with the doctor if on his website it says he's only available from 9am-6pm Korea Standard time? Right now it is 8:27am in Korea

I honestly don't see why that matters. Is it wrong to be online earlier than scheduled? Is it unreasonable to also assume he wrote that just to reduce the amount of people bothering him before then?

This is kind of unrelated, but if this is simply "Sticky PRP," I wonder if this is something that we could get done in our own countries after exposing some of the clinics to his work. It kind of sounds like he just bakes the PRP in the oven and gets the texture different. I find that these alternative medicine clinics can be openminded on occasion. Although, I'm not sure how his patents effect the possibility.
He intends on selling a kit worldwide.

If he truly has something that works, then why isnt he all over the news already?
I think that he might be the kind of person that wants to prove himself first. Idk.
Maybe I'm a cynic, but if this treatment actually works, and he ships out a kit that treats hearing disorders, no way Big Pharma is just going to sit back and let that happen, right?
I don't think they could do anything. They would either have to adapt or die. Also he might end up having a contract with a company for all I know.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now