2020 US Presidential Election

That's a fair position to hold. But it does have to be mentioned, foreign aid isn't really just to be nice, in fact I learned in my World Politics class, it's almost never done for humanitarian purposes. That's just the cover to buy influence.

Yeah, it's probably the biggest thing that would result. You'd quickly see the world run to China and China could overtake America as the world's most influential nation. They're already beginning to with their soft power.
Why does it have to be said? I don't care about that, Sherlock. My point stands. China is already overtaking the US and if they want to throw zillions at 3rd world countries, let them. I don't think governments should sacrifice their citizens to try and beat China at "influencing" other nations. Do you? It appears your two liberal friends think they should be sacrificed. Like I said before, liberals are the most hypocritical liars around.

Maybe you should educate yourself instead of relying on liberal indoctrination camps.

If we went back to Germany in 1930 you would be dropping friends who oppose another racist guy called Hitler (he almost destroyed the world... mind, Hitler did not possess nuclear weapons at the time).
This comparison isn't fair at all because as far as I can tell from the historical record, Hitler was of at least average intelligence and also, in some cases, actually listened to the advisors and subject matter experts he brought in (though his decision to say Fuck It We're Taking Moscow This Winter was a very Trump-like action, to be sure).

Thanks for clarifying! 89 guns per 100 citizens is pretty crazy...
You forgot to mention liberal decay in American cities compared to the situation in Switzerland. Yes, Switzerland jumped on the migrant and immigration/multicultural and mixed society train but it still pales in comparison to the US "utopia."

Ghettos, illegal guns, drive by shootings, drug crime and gun violence etc. etc., these utopian ideals probably pushed the gun numbers up quite a bit, don't you think? Even if the laws are too liberal, these gun numbers include a lot of unregistered, illegal guns, don't they? I think the Swiss are probably mostly ethical and obedient in having registered guns?

Even if we are talking registered guns statistics, the gun culture therein, is quite different between them.

Is the country going to be less fucked if Biden wins.
Without dipping too deep in here I'm just going to say that I think any country which has a deadlock where 30-35% of the population can't agree on the basic facts of reality with the rest of the population is fucked, and is super fucked beyond the ability of any single leader or administration to fix.

This is a deeply and increasingly violently divided country. This election will be a referendum on all sorts of things, but my personal take is: America is fucked, whoever wins this is inheriting a fucked and broken country, and Gods help us all.

However, I did vote for Biden a couple weeks ago, so yes my personal belief is that we'd be somewhat less fucked in that situation. Or, rather, we'd be just as fucked but there would be a window where we're not dumping quite as much gasoline on fires to talk about maybe putting them out.

Is the country going to be less fucked if Biden wins.
Before even getting into policy, Biden is both physically and mentally unfit to be President. These past few weeks have shown that Biden doesn't have the energy to perform the duties of the President. This is a tight race. Biden should be giving four or five rallies a day (like Trump). He asked for break time during the debates, which was denied. How is he going to function in a day long meeting? He has also had a lot of gaffes, and has said some non-existent words.

It is very likely that Kamala will take over as President if Biden wins. However, she is not Presidential material like Hillary. Unfair as it is, I do not think she will be respected by many of the world leaders (who are misogynistic men, especially in certain countries). To get over this obstacle, she needs to be Hillary quality (who is sharp, knows what she is doing, calculative, etc.), which she is not.

I would actually prefer Hillary over Biden.

Why do you think European countries took so many refugees? If it wasn't out of the kindness of their hearts what was the purpose? There's not really any benefit to importing a bunch of poor people that no one likes.
It was all pre-planned long ago. Look up the Kalergi Plan. At the very least, these shills and Elites perceive the new arrivals easier to influence and control with the added bonus of creating tension, conflict and chaos within society. An ongoing situation that they absolutely want to continue.

Why does it have to be said? I don't care about that, Sherlock. My point stands. China is already overtaking the US and if they want to throw zillions at 3rd world countries, let them. I don't think governments should sacrifice their citizens to try and beat China at "influencing" other nations. Do you? It appears your two liberal friends think they should be sacrificed. Like I said before, liberals are the most hypocritical liars around.

Maybe you should educate yourself instead of relying on liberal indoctrination camps.
Oh I don't, I think America really has the clout that it could continue on as the world power without bribing people, but there's a lot more to foreign aid than just charity and I felt it should be mentioned since Luman was using it to demean Juan's country.

You forgot to mention liberal decay in American cities compared to the situation in Switzerland. Yes, Switzerland jumped on the migrant and immigration/multicultural and mixed society train but it still pales in comparison to the US "utopia."

Ghettos, illegal guns, drive by shootings, drug crime and gun violence etc. etc., these utopian ideals probably pushed the gun numbers up quite a bit, don't you think? Even if the laws are too liberal, these gun numbers include a lot of unregistered, illegal guns, don't they? I think the Swiss are probably mostly ethical and obedient in having registered guns?

Even if we are talking registered guns statistics, the gun culture therein, is quite different between them.
And what has Donald Trump done to tackle gun violence?

Absolutely nothing.

Commenting a school shooting Trump put it down to the lack of more weapons at schools, available to teachers to defend themselves. Trump did not blame the shooting on guns being available to kids with mental problems.

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 21.03.24.png

Everything about this thread is hilarious if you have the stomach for it. It's a take on the US Election, written in the style that the US media has become accustomed to using when writing about (other) failed states.

Biden should be giving four or five rallies a day (like Trump).

He is all over the media and massively outspending Trump because Parscale wasted all the Trump campaign chests early and no additional loot drops have been provided lately because GOP superPACS smell blood on the water and are mostly trying to hold as strong a senate majority as they can.

I think that not holding large, in person rallies during a declared pandemic is a good thing.

It's interesting to me that the media narrative isn't "who's going to win?", but "will things be tight enough in enough places that Trump can attempt to ratfuck it to SCOTUS". That says a lot, that's the kind of media narrative you have around elections in failed states.

OK, he is from Spain. Thank you.

Spain was neutral in WWII, but supported the Axis powers. Spain still has a royal monarchy and king. Juan has compared the legally elected President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, to Adolph Hitler. He apparently has not heard that Trump has a Jewish daughter, Jewish grand children, and Jewish son-in-law.
You got it all wrong. I compared your statement about losing long term friends because they do not support this crazy, divisive, and racist person (Trump) to the people in Germany in pre-Hitler days, when Hitler also promoted hatred, division, and racism, and it all ended up in WWII.

Hitler started out as a frustrated leader, and also blamed all of Germany's problems on others, on other countries, and specifically on the Jewish. It started that way... and we all know how it ended. If he had been able to get admitted to study Fine Arts the world would have probably been a better place.

So for Trump's future: he could devote himself to painting or maybe to crocheting.

For the US future and the world's future: Joe Biden should be the President of the United States.

It is very likely that Kamala will take over as President if Biden wins. However, she is not Presidential material like Hillary. Unfair as it is, I do not think she will be respected by many of the world leaders (who are misogynistic men, especially in certain countries). To get over this obstacle, she needs to be Hillary quality (who is sharp, knows what she is doing, calculative, etc.), which she is not.

I would actually prefer Hillary over Biden.
When you take away the misogynistic and racist bullshit, Kamala is a pretty average (ability) politician. Hillary would have wiped the floor with Pence in that debate, in my opinion. I understand that the Clintons are flawed, but I would have been proud to see Hillary as the first female President. Talk about someone who's been through the gauntlet of criticism, conspiracies, misogyny, smears, investigations, etc. for decades. One can criticize Hillary all day long, but they cannot take away how thick her skin is.

I agree that Kamala is not as much presidential material as Hillary, but I think she is enough to grow into the job.

Everyone knows Biden is frail as can be, but no one cares because we would rather change out a divisive, arrogant moron whose advisers do everything with a sweet, confused, old man whose advisers do everything.

How can a politician be so disgusting as to falsely say doctors are making money from people who die from COVID-19???? This is a criminal statement. It's criminal.
How? It's very easy to understand for anyone with even the most modest grasp of human psychology and personality types.

TRUMP IS A CHILD

Like a child, he is driven by a need to protect his ego and to have everyone cater to his whims. He is a child before learning good and evil, hence he is a purely amoral mass of egotism and blame-evasion.

The reason he appeals to some people is he taps into their own inner children, their narcissism. To others who acknowledge his flaws, they have sold their souls and integrity in the interests of the ends justifying the means.

American society in general has become INFANTILIZED.

The right likes to attack snowflakes for not being able to take criticism or to earn their way in the world, meanwhile the right can't even bring themselves to wear a mask or really make any sacrifices in the name of community or country, the same right that is sooo nationalistic and who probably worships the "greatest generation" who fought WWII have shown to be the epitome of selfish and short-sighted. That is why the public is allowing Fauci to be thrown under the bus and veering over to a Herd "mentality" policy that would doom millions of the most vulnerable in the US to death (and many times that to being long-hauler sufferers) in the interest of free-flowing capitalism.

So the problems of the extreme left and right are in their own way two sides of the same coin. Dealing with the problems of the 21st century requires a level of maturity and restraint and self-sacrifice that neither side possesses, but the right denies the problems are there and the left manufactures petty grievance while pretending that our real problems are a lot easier to solve than they actually are (i.e. climate change).

And what has Donald Trump done to tackle gun violence?

Absolutely nothing.

Commenting a school shooting Trump put it down to the lack of more weapons at schools, available to teachers to defend themselves. Trump did not blame the shooting on guns being available to kids with mental problems.
What do you think he should do? Don't states have rights to enact their own laws and regulations to some degree?

Maybe some of the problems have a deeper cause or origin than just "too many guns?"

Oh I don't, I think America really has the clout that it could continue on as the world power without bribing people, but there's a lot more to foreign aid than just charity and I felt it should be mentioned since Luman was using it to demean Juan's country.
No there isn't. It's $ for corrupt dictators in exchange for political favors at best. Money that could help fragile people at home. Do research on opportunity cost in economics.

No there isn't. It's $ for corrupt dictators for political favors at best. Money that could help fragile people at home. Do research on opportunity cost in economics.
I understand what opportunity cost is, that's HS economics. I'm not saying we should be bribing dictators. I pointed it out in that instance because Luman's implication was that withdrawing aid would ruin Juan's country, when that's not really not why we give it out aid.

You got it all wrong. I compared your statement about losing long term friends because they do not support this crazy, divisive, and racist person (Trump) to the people in Germany in pre-Hitler days, when Hitler also promoted hatred, division, and racism, and it all ended up in WWII.

Hitler started out as a frustrated leader, and also blamed all of Germany's problems on others, on other countries, and specifically on the Jewish. It started that way... and we all know how it ended. If he had been able to get admitted to study Fine Arts the world would have probably been a better place.

So for Trump's future: he could devote himself to painting or maybe to crocheting.

For the US future and the world's future: Joe Biden should be the President of the United States.
Don't you liberals believe in Godwin's Law?

He is all over the media and massively outspending Trump because Parscale wasted all the Trump campaign chests early and no additional loot drops have been provided lately because GOP superPACS smell blood on the water and are mostly trying to hold as strong a senate majority as they can.

I think that not holding large, in person rallies during a declared pandemic is a good thing.

It's interesting to me that the media narrative isn't "who's going to win?", but "will things be tight enough in enough places that Trump can attempt to ratfuck it to SCOTUS". That says a lot, that's the kind of media narrative you have around elections in failed states.
I've been flipping the channels and I'm seeing Trump more on my TV the last week. Biden was forced to pick up his schedule because Trump is so active.

Democrats are well known for voter fraud. Why are all the late arrived ballots during Election night always lean Democrat, and the ballots always found in the dump or trash always lean Republican (like the military ballots)? Democrats always push for rules which facilitate voter fraud, such as no ID required, no/incorrect signatures allowed, blurry postmark dates allowed, etc. Democrats are just upset that the death of RBG did not fit with their voter fraud plans.

You're giving the office of the President way too much credit. Biden can't do anything better than Trump already has. He (Biden) has proven that in 47 years in politics, he has accomplished absolutely nothing. He is a hack who promises, promises, promises, but like many Democrats, fails to deliver anything but higher taxes and more bureaucracy. And he REALLY screwed up by picking Harris as a VP, a woman whose foundation in politics began by sleeping with a Democratic power broker, twice her age and four years older than her own father, that paid her for her services by placing her in lucrative government jobs, which she did not earn by merit, paid for of course by the taxpayers. Nobody has yet tried to explain why Kamala Harris should not be considered a whore. I have nothing against sex workers, or women who get ahead by sleeping with the boss in private industry, but I do not agree that this should be done at the taxpayer's expense. How anybody can see it as acceptable, is beyond me, but the lack of honesty is rampant in the world. I can just see it now, if the Democrats win and Biden croaks or leaves, the first female president of the United States: Kamala Harris, the woman who literally screwed her way to the White House.

Some of my relatives live in New York, others in Switzerland. The result of the global economy ;-) We are all impacted by how the economic blocks and the different countries interact.
Our politics should not really impact the rest of the world too much (except for some matters in foreign policy) to the point where it affects individual lives, such as the average Parisian eating a croissant at a cafe. It's not like, under the Trump administration, we are going to wage war on an innocent country and especially our "allies" (even if we become friends with Russia). The worst that might happen is that we might apply some tarrifs on trade matters, and if we drop out of some accords, such as the Paris Climate accord, no one is stopping the other countries from going ahead with their plans. If our politics impact other countries too much, maybe those countries should take it as a hint and become less dependent on the U.S.

You're giving the office of the President way too much credit. Biden can't do anything better than Trump already has. He (Biden) has proven that in 47 years in politics, he has accomplished absolutely nothing. He is a hack who promises, promises, promises, but like many Democrats, fails to deliver anything but higher taxes and more bureaucracy. And he REALLY screwed up by picking Harris as a VP, a woman whose foundation in politics began by sleeping with a Democratic power broker, twice her age and four years older than her own father, that paid her for her services by placing her in lucrative government jobs, which she did not earn by merit, paid for of course by the taxpayers. Nobody has yet tried to explain why Kamala Harris should not be considered a whore. I have nothing against sex workers, or women who get ahead by sleeping with the boss in private industry, but I do not agree that this should be done at the taxpayer's expense. How anybody can see it as acceptable, is beyond me, but the lack of honesty is rampant in the world. I can just see it now, if the Democrats win and Biden croaks or leaves, the first female president of the United States: Kamala Harris, the woman who literally screwed her way to the White House.
Joe Biden actually has accomplished things during his time. The Violence Against Women Act, the assault weapons ban, the ACA and the Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 Are all good places to start.

I understand what opportunity cost is, that's HS economics. I'm not saying we should be bribing dictators. I pointed it out in that instance because Luman's implication was that withdrawing aid would ruin Juan's country, when that's not really not why we give it out aid.
Are you talking about IMF bank loans because I don't think that is considered foreign aid per se.

Even if it is, it does have the same effect. It doesn't reach common people. Elites and bankers benefit but it accomplishes little in the way of help.

So, there is some similarity.

Spain is broke many times over despite the bailouts or "foreign aid."

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...-is-officially-europes-biggest-crisis/257736/

https://www.culturespain.com/2011/09/29/the-spanish-economy-how-bankrupt-is-spain/

https://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/socialism-ruin-nations/
(Spain is mentioned at the end of the article).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...rrency-Collapse-ECB-loans-debt-interest-Spain

For someone so passionate about "TDS", you have a weird obsession with Kamala's sexual history. Some may even call it Harris Derangement Syndrome. She's not even president yet, too, and you are already deranged by her. I honestly don't give a f*ck who Kamala f*cked, as long as it wasn't assault. I certainly can't say the same about the guy you worship.

Also, it's been pointed out before, but how do you know that Kamala didn't have an (at least) semi-emotional relationship with Willie Brown?

She has held a job as CA Attorney general, San Francisco DA, and Senator. Do you honestly believe she has no qualifications? It's unbelievable how triggered you are by the thought of her. She's not even a divisive figure, other than to the projecting MAGA types.

Democrats are well known for voter fraud. Why are all the late arrived ballots during Election night always lean Democrat, and the ballots always found in the dump or trash always lean Republican (like the military ballots)? Democrats always push for rules which facilitate voter fraud, such as no ID required, no/incorrect signatures allowed, blurry postmark dates allowed, etc. Democrats are just upset that the death of RBG did not fit with their voter fraud plans.
What's really scary is that you aren't even close to the most hardcore Trump supporter. He hasn't even lost yet, and his supporters are gaslighting the unfairness.

He is getting massacred in every single poll. Poll after poll, state by state, for months. If he loses, it is completely the expected outcome.

You are smearing Democrats with this anti-democratic projection like they love voter fraud. In fact, the actual truth is that Trump sees the writing on the wall and is going to gaslight his supporters into not accepting tens of millions of mail-in-ballots, including mine.

Our politics should not really impact the rest of the world too much (except for some matters in foreign policy) to the point where it affects individual lives, such as the average Parisian eating a croissant at a cafe. It's not like, under the Trump administration, we are going to wage war on an innocent country and especially our "allies" (even if we become friends with Russia). The worst that might happen is that we might apply some tarrifs on trade matters, and if we drop out of some accords, such as the Paris Climate accord, no one is stopping the other countries from going ahead with their plans. If our politics impact other countries too much, maybe those countries should take it as a hint and become less dependent on the U.S.
The politics of all countries are intertwined, as one of the main challenges of our world today depend on a common agreement. Topics like global warming, nuclear weapons control, tax evasion by large corporations, etc require international collaboration.

I think Biden would be a much better diplomat than Trump, and that would create a better international climate, beneficial for everyone.

Trump has screwed up American farmers by creating a trade war with China, that the US is losing by the way, and now he approves aid packages for farmers. So the bottom line is Trump created a problem that did not previously exist and then tries to patch up a makeshift solution.

What's really scary is that you aren't even close to the most hardcore Trump supporter. He hasn't even lost yet, and his supporters are gaslighting the unfairness.
They resort to the made up "unfairness" because they do not believe in democracy.

This in an election on democracy, on whether the US wants to have a tolerant, inclusive, and diplomatic leader or they want to continue living in the "hater-world" of Donald Trump, which by the way is already backfiring.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now