2020 US Presidential Election

The GOP stacked the courts intentionally in order to insure they won the election, by hook or by crook. They didn't even bother trying to hide much behind plausible deniability on this. So far it isn't paying off.

Supreme Court rejects Pennsylvania Republicans' attempt to block Biden victory

I still don't know exactly what to make of these Supreme Court appointments but these cases are becoming a litmus test for whether their loyalty really is to protect the constitution or party.
They stacked the courts because that's what both parties do, right?
Thus far the courts have passed the litmus test and have been beholden to the law and not the man who appointed them. I have a feeling that will continue, which is good.

Take care GlennS.

I hear people talk ill about Trump supporters who question the election results, as if this is some kind of capital crime. Some of them, and others, blame Trump for all of the COVID-19 deaths in the United States. The first part, about the election results, is mostly a type of defensive mechanism that freedom-hating people have. Blaming Trump for the COVID-19 deaths is either extreme stupidity, mental illness, or both. Are these the well educated, better-than-thou people who consider themselves to have better minds than all those who voted for Trump?
How can you not talk ill about conspiracy theorists who still maintain the election was fraudulent despite most of their evidence being debunked and every court Trump goes into telling him to fuck off? This is just ridiculous at this point. Freedom-hating people are the ones that want to overturn a democratic election with no evidence.

How can you not talk ill about conspiracy theorists who still maintain the election was fraudulent despite most of their evidence being debunked and every court Trump goes into telling him to fuck off? This is just ridiculous at this point. Freedom-hating people are the ones that want to overturn a democratic election with no evidence.
If there is a 10-20% chance, why not pursue it in court? No harm is being done to anybody. Even if this is a waste of time, at least nobody is rioting, looting and committing arson, which is what probably would have happened if Trump had won.

I call out friends and family when they make knee jerk generalizations about Trump supporters or anything blatantly offensive or close minded for that matter.

Hey @Daniel Lion -- I've recently been pointing out to my wife why some people opt to vote for Trump, and in particular, support his efforts to curtail illegal immigration. Many of the lowest income workers (who tend to vote for Trump) see immigrants as not only driving down their wages, but taking their jobs as well. It's a well founded belief.

I've heard of meat packing plants in Wisconsin whose workers were paid union wages for years, all of a sudden decide they're going to offer half the wages, and for their workers to take it or leave it. They can get away with this because they know they have such a large pool of low-cost immigrant labor. This type of scenario has played out in many other states, over many other industries, over many decades.

Yet mainstream economists keep saying there's really no evidence that immigration drives down wages. Really? Tell that to the many millions of people who've lost their jobs, or had their wages reduced to the point of being unable to support themselves and their families. -- Ironically, it's been the business class (think Republican) who've been the biggest supporters of allowing all this low-cost labor to arrive at our shores. -- So I fully understand Trump's populist appeal to these kinds of people who want nothing other than to have their economic lives to improve. I sympathize with their plight, but think it's totally unrealistic for them to trust Trump will make things better for their situations.

With all that said, I (perhaps sadly) have to admit that I have a hard time not making knee jerk generalizations about Trump supporters. They bought into Trump's sleazy racist appealing tropes for years. When he was making all those ridiculous assertions that Obama was not born in this country, and was a Muslim, it was shocking to me that around 70% of Republicans came to believe those easily disprovable fallacies. And those assertions later became a basis for his widespread appeal to many 2016 voters.

And now similar percentages of Republicans (70-80%) believe the election was "rigged", for it seems no other reason than Donald Trump told them so. Quite honestly, I struggle to understand how these people can be so easily manipulated by this master manipulator. And it seems Trump himself has nothing but disdain for the very people he manipulates. I also struggle how to regard those who seem to resist any kind of common sense about what kind of self-serving, chaos person Trump actually is, and what a threat he poses to national and international stability.

What I don't struggle with, is understanding that virtually every racist and white nationalist in this country (millions of them) are avid (and often dangerous) supporters of Trump. This cannot be denied by anybody whose followed his appeals to these groups for years. Does that make every Trump supporter a racist? Of course not. But I understand why some people do make knee jerk generalizations about Trump supporters when they know a large percentage of his supporters belong to these types of sordid groups.

Gun ownership, by party affiliation U.S. 2020
Published by Statista Research Department, Nov 18, 2020
In the United States in 2020, 50 percent of Republicans reported that they owned at least one gun, and 64 percent said that they lived in a household with a gun. In comparison, only 18 percent of Democrats owned at least one gun, and 31 percent lived a gun household.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/623418/gun-ownership-in-the-us-by-education-level/
I remember Donald, aka "the clown", say that school shootings in the US could be stopped by providing teachers with more guns. It was funny, so surreal...

They stacked the courts because that's what both parties do, right?
It's a matter of degree. Some of the GOP tactics seem to erode basic competency insofar as they are taking green recently graduated ideologically-driven law students and rapidly ascending them onto the court. The reason why this is necessary is that some of the policy positions the GOP want these judges to adopt really aren't constitutional so you have to scour the country looking for the few weirdos that have made it through the system who otherwise would be relegated to backwaters. I mean, if you want to legislate via the bench you have to find those who are willing to gleefully trash decades of precedent in order to satisfy an agenda. In Amy Barrett's case, you can see her licking her lips to rollback Roe v. Wade a mile away.

Hey @Daniel Lion -- I've recently been pointing out to my wife why some people opt to vote for Trump, and in particular, support his efforts to curtail illegal immigration. Many of the lowest income workers (who tend to vote for Trump) see immigrants as not only driving down their wages, but taking their jobs as well. It's a well founded belief.

I've heard of meat packing plants in Wisconsin whose workers were paid union wages for years, all of a sudden decide they're going to offer half the wages, and for their workers to take it or leave it. They can get away with this because they know they have such a large pool of low-cost immigrant labor. This type of scenario has played out in many other states, over many other industries, over many decades.

Yet mainstream economists keep saying there's really no evidence that immigration drives down wages. Really? Tell that to the many millions of people who've lost their jobs, or had their wages reduced to the point of being unable to support themselves and their families. -- Ironically, it's been the business class (think Republican) who've been the biggest supporters of allowing all this low-cost labor to arrive at our shores. -- So I fully understand Trump's populist appeal to these kinds of people who want nothing other than to have their economic lives to improve. I sympathize with their plight, but think it's totally unrealistic for them to trust Trump will make things better for their situations.

With all that said, I (perhaps sadly) have to admit that I have a hard time not making knee jerk generalizations about Trump supporters. They bought into Trump's sleazy racist appealing tropes for years. When he was making all those ridiculous assertions that Obama was not born in this country, and was a Muslim, it was shocking to me that around 70% of Republicans came to believe those easily disprovable fallacies. And those assertions later became a basis for his widespread appeal to many 2016 voters.

And now similar percentages of Republicans (70-80%) believe the election was "rigged", for it seems no other reason than Donald Trump told them so. Quite honestly, I struggle to understand how these people can be so easily manipulated by this master manipulator. And it seems Trump himself has nothing but disdain for the very people he manipulates. I also struggle how to regard those who seem to resist any kind of common sense about what kind of self-serving, chaos person Trump actually is, and what a threat he poses to national and international stability.

What I don't struggle with, is understanding that virtually every racist and white nationalist in this country (millions of them) are avid (and often dangerous) supporters of Trump. This cannot be denied by anybody whose followed his appeals to these groups for years. Does that make every Trump supporter a racist? Of course not. But I understand why some people do make knee jerk generalizations about Trump supporters when they know a large percentage of his supporters belong to these types of sordid groups.
I agree with everything you wrote and felt that only two of the Democratic candidates adequately addressed the plight of the shrinking middle class: Sanders and Yang.

I feel like the more mainstream Democrats feel like they already lost these voters in some ways and don't reach out as much as they could with their solutions to these problems.

If there is a 10-20% chance, why not pursue it in court? No harm is being done to anybody. Even if this is a waste of time, at least nobody is rioting, looting and committing arson, which is what probably would have happened if Trump had won.
The problem isn't the fact that they're in court, the thing that makes people cringe is that you have millions of people saying the election was definitely rigged. They don't act like it's a 10-20%, they act like it's a 100% thing that it was rigged and after seeing the evidence and failure in court, they still push that same narrative. It's absurd.

Ultimately it doesn't matter but that's why they're being judged.

The reason why many people dislike the Trump movement is because they channel their real, human struggles into this weird, divisive, hyper masculine front that anyone with even average emotional intelligence level can see right through. They love to act like people are laughing at their struggles, but in reality, they are laughing at the way they are channeling it. I mean yeah, it does make your struggles look insignificant when your main argument is that Donald Trump -- the most repulsive person in the country -- is a victim.

It would be like me talking about my struggles with hyperacusis (where I can't leave my house, take off earmuffs, or whisper) and being like "hyperacusis is so bad that I can't even attend concerts anymore!" And I don't even talk about all of the actual worst parts about it. Then tons of people look at this and think..."I don't even attend concerts anyways. I'm too broke. This guy is crying over nothing." And then I, knowing that actually it's so much worse, get upset with them. And instead of being honest about the fact that what's really bothering me is that I can't live any life whatsoever -- and that even flipping pages in a book is too stimulating -- I double down on the "big deal" of not being able to attend concerts.

Ultimately, Trump supporters struggle with emotional communication. They are jealous of liberals because liberals are more in touch with their emotions.

Because of polarization people are being forced to align hard left or right. The lack of third parties or any sort of middle-ground is a huge problem.

This is exactly why debates like these start to devolve into counting up all of the hypocrisies and flaws of one side or the other. We'd prefer to find a candidate that ticks all our boxes and instead we settle for the lesser of two evils.

Everyone has a set of issues that they feel are most important and they disregard or downplay others.

At the same time, many people categorize these issues as existential, meaning that if things don't go their way then it means total catastrophe. I think the majority of this categorization is complete BS but it's the bedrock upon which this polarization functions. The social media echo-chamber fosters this loudness-war approach.

If there's no nuance in politics then it's no longer able to discern the true existential from the trivial. For instance, I strongly believe that unisex bathrooms (left) and rolling back the decades-long precedent of roe v wade (right) are a lesser concern right now than trying to tackle climate change. But since the GOP won't even acknowledge climate change, I am more willing to tolerate the woke nonsense on the left in order to address the bigger problems.

A great tool to be able to objectively classify issues is Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

maslow-pyramid.jpg

The reason why the woke nonsense bothers me is that it resides in the upper tiers. They are problems that would be nice to solve but only after the ones at the bottom are handled. You can't have all this spiritual fulfillment if you're not sure where your next meal is coming from.

The problem with the right is that by focusing on the basic needs (aka, jobs, economy, foreign competition) only in a short-term way it ignores more macro-level threats. For instance, by not locking down in the short-term you allow the pandemic to rage which forces even reactionary governors to either lockdown or just stand by and allow hospitals to overrun and people to die in the hallways. And by "bringing back coal" and rolling back environmental regulations you temporarily double-down on the status quo at the expense of the long-term survivability of the planet.

So I look at the political landscape and I see these frustrating blind-spots on both sides.

I think with Trump and Trumpism in particular the objections go beyond ideology and more into tactics. Trump attacking the checks and balances of government is an automatic disqualifier in my book. Once government itself fails to function properly then we wind up with a dictatorship in which democracy is merely there for show as it is in so many countries.

this weird, divisive, hyper masculine front

This kind of front, exemplified by Trump and actively encouraged in his supporters, is exactly why POC and women are routinely targeted. Because you cannot be at the bottom of the pile if you ensure that you keep other groups, like women and minorities, beneath you. Any woman or POC breaking free of that, is forgetting their 'place'.

It's evidenced in this thread where we can compare the treatment of Biden and Harris. Biden is hated, sure, but he's a white man, so criticism has been of his politics. Harris, on the other hand, is torn apart with rabid zeal for her laugh and sexual organs. She is being ridiculed and punished - taught a lesson which is intended for all women and minorities. Do not take the place of white men.

Ultimately, Trump supporters struggle with emotional communication. They are jealous of liberals because liberals are more in touch with their emotions.

I think it's misdirected anger, too. They are being taught to hate the wrong people.

Because of polarization people are being forced to align hard left or right. The lack of third parties or any sort of middle-ground is a huge problem.

This is exactly why debates like these start to devolve into counting up all of the hypocrisies and flaws of one side or the other. We'd prefer to find a candidate that ticks all our boxes and instead we settle for the lesser of two evils.

Everyone has a set of issues that they feel are most important and they disregard or downplay others.

At the same time, many people categorize these issues as existential, meaning that if things don't go their way then it means total catastrophe. I think the majority of this categorization is complete BS but it's the bedrock upon which this polarization functions. The social media echo-chamber fosters this loudness-war approach.

If there's no nuance in politics then it's no longer able to discern the true existential from the trivial. For instance, I strongly believe that unisex bathrooms (left) and rolling back the decades-long precedent of roe v wade (right) are a lesser concern right now than trying to tackle climate change. But since the GOP won't even acknowledge climate change, I am more willing to tolerate the woke nonsense on the left in order to address the bigger problems.

A great tool to be able to objectively classify issues is Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

View attachment 42112

The reason why the woke nonsense bothers me is that it resides in the upper tiers. They are problems that would be nice to solve but only after the ones at the bottom are handled. You can't have all this spiritual fulfillment if you're not sure where your next meal is coming from.

The problem with the right is that by focusing on the basic needs (aka, jobs, economy, foreign competition) only in a short-term way it ignores more macro-level threats. For instance, by not locking down in the short-term you allow the pandemic to rage which forces even reactionary governors to either lockdown or just stand by and allow hospitals to overrun and people to die in the hallways. And by "bringing back coal" and rolling back environmental regulations you temporarily double-down on the status quo at the expense of the long-term survivability of the planet.

So I look at the political landscape and I see these frustrating blind-spots on both sides.

I think with Trump and Trumpism in particular the objections go beyond ideology and more into tactics. Trump attacking the checks and balances of government is an automatic disqualifier in my book. Once government itself fails to function properly then we wind up with a dictatorship in which democracy is merely there for show as it is in so many countries.
I totally understand your larger point, but it wasn't about "unisex" bathrooms, it was about opposing making trans women use men's bathrooms and vice versa.

I think the left outrage was largely a reaction to the knee-jerk conservative position that "bathroom laws" would stop the potential future problem of pedo peeping toms putting on wigs to get away with looking under stalls in bathrooms.

Could you imagine having to bring an ID to use a bathroom?

My personal outrage to it was more disbelief at just how reactionary and short sighted it all was.

The way the laws were written, he would have to use the lady's room:

01-gq-16nov18_b.jpg

And she would use the men's room:

2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fnatalierobehmed%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F11%2Fandreja-1410x19403111111111.jpg

How does that make children "safer"? It certainly makes lives worse for transgender people.

But absolutely agree, first things first but I don't think it's wrong to also fight for basic rights like being able to use a public bathroom without an ID or not being discriminated against.

I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive but the basic necessities absolutely need to be emphasized more, things like the jobs a Green New Deal would create, etc.

It's evidenced in this thread where we can compare the treatment of Biden and Harris. Biden is hated, sure, but he's a white man, so criticism has been of his politics. Harris, on the other hand, is torn apart with rabid zeal for her laugh and sexual organs. She is being ridiculed and punished - taught a lesson which is intended for all women and minorities. Do not take the place of white men.
What about the nicknames Creepy and Sleepy for Joe Biden and all the criticism of him sniffing women? Or even all the talk about Biden being senile? Those aren't criticisms of his policies.

I don't think most people on the right feel the way you describe. People tend to like people who agree with them and dislike people who disagree with them. That's why there are popular women on the right (ex: Candace Owens, Sarah Palin) who are treated very nicely.
There are a lot of poor white folks on my dad's side of the family who are Trump supporters. I don't think they're jealous of liberals, I think they hate them (I try to keep my political opinions pretty close to my chest). There's a whole generation of working class people who are doing worse than their parents and who will never be able to retire. Many are watching their jobs go overseas, get automated, or go to immigrants (two examples: My aunt's job went to a factory in Mexico and she was tasked with training her replacement. My half brother worked in a kitchen where he was required to know Spanish because most of the workers only spoke Spanish). To cap this off, many in the media are telling them they're privileged, which is an odd way of framing social problems and clearly just enrages people. The Democrats have left working class people out to dry and it's come back to bite them.

I don't think it's wrong to also fight for basic rights
It does boil down to emphasis, though.

For instance, there's a lot made of news bias. And that bias exists on both ends of the spectrum. When I listen to NPR, I'd say maybe 60-70% or more news articles can be categorized as identity politics (LGBT, race, immigration etc...). This reflects the prioritization of NPR's core listener demographic, but does it reflect the most pressing underlying needs of society? I'd say no.

Same is true with OAN and Newsmax, who spend almost the entire news day on propping up "Stop the Steal". A large chunk of the right thinks worshipping at Trump's heel is the most important thing to do right now, but it also does not reflect their underlying needs, as COVID-19 has penetrated deep into flyover country.

When you say it's not mutually exclusive, well, I disagree if it means stealing time and energy away from issues that require all hands on deck. And those issues at present are being completely ignored, frankly.

Just to drive my point home here, here is just one climate change story from today:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/climate-change-arctic-noaa-report-card/

People discount the future. That means we're biased to focus more on immediate wedge issues than we are with problems that take years or decades to manifest (and years of hard effort to ameliorate). But I can guarantee you that nobody will care about bathrooms anymore under a worst-case climate change trajectory which seems ever more likely by the day.

There is a certain amount of doom fatigue, as it were, that sets in. They say one life lost is a tragedy and a million is a statistic. That I think is a big reason why there is, paradoxically, LESS support for COVID-19 restrictions today than there was last spring when our fight-or-flight reflex was going crazy. To put it in tinnitus terms, a great many in the US have compartmentalized and habituated. That doesn't change the fact that thousands of avoidable deaths are a tragedy. And to the extent we have simply tuned this out and gone BACK to focusing on wedge issues, well, it drives me up the wall. It tells me that we are totally incapable of meeting true existential threats head-on.

Her laugh is unusual and she laughs at serious issues, like the time on 60 minutes. People make fun of Trump all the time, just Google Jimmy Kimmel.
I'm not talking about sharing a video or making fun of her laugh in isolation. We all do that with politicians, and I'm sure SNL, Kimmel etc will also make fun of Harris in the future. It's their job to.

But that's not what's been happening in this thread.

Her laugh is unusual and she laughs at serious issues, like the time on 60 minutes. People make fun of Trump all the time, just Google Jimmy Kimmel.
I agree her odd laugh is totally fair game for that kind of political barbing. I don't put it in the same category as being sexually obsessed with her.

There are a lot of poor white folks on my dad's side of the family who are Trump supporters. I don't think they're jealous of liberals, I think they hate them (I try to keep my political opinions pretty close to my chest). There's a whole generation of working class people who are doing worse than their parents and who will never be able to retire. Many are watching their jobs go overseas, get automated, or go to immigrants (two examples: My aunt's job went to a factory in Mexico and she was tasked with training her replacement. My half brother worked in a kitchen where he was required to know Spanish because most of the workers only spoke Spanish). To cap this off, many in the media are telling them they're privileged, which is an odd way of framing social problems and clearly just enrages people. The Democrats have left working class people out to dry and it's come back to bite them.
I get what you're saying, which is why I don't buy the narrative that all Trump supporters are swimmingly privileged individuals. I just find it hard (not saying they aren't) to see someone as a victim when they, for example, think Donald Trump was robbed in a perfectly fair election. There is an intersection between Bernie and Trump supporters. The Bernie supporters at least make sense to me since they are directing their anger at the actual problem (income inequality).

Let's take your example. Okay so your aunt lost her job and had to train her replacement. Literally everyone who isn't a psychopath feels bad for your aunt. But what if the owner of her factory saw a jaw-dropping increase in his/her net wealth while laying off your aunt? An emotionally unintelligent person would get mad at the person they are replacing, who is also just trying to make ends meet for their respective families.

Why don't Republicans ever get mad at the people actually harming them? It's cognitive dissonance. And they never get it. They would read this post and conclude that I want factory workers to struggle, which is nonsense.

EDIT: I want to add a comment about the Democratic party abandoning workers. You aren't necessarily wrong about this. But how come when Trump continued Obama economics, all of a sudden, the economy was a unicorn? If someone would vote for Trump because Obama didn't do enough and then conclude that Trump also isn't doing much different, I would understand this. What doesn't make any logical sense is thinking the Obama economy was a disaster for poor people, but the Trump economy isn't.

I agree her odd laugh is totally fair game for that kind of political barbing. I don't put it in the same category as being sexually obsessed with her.
But is it fair game, really? Is this the criteria people should really use to pick our leaders?

There are no recordings of Abraham Lincoln's voice but I've read that it was described as sort of weak and squeaky-sounding. That's in addition to how homely he was, with or without a beard. By virtue of how shallow today's voter is, I doubt he'd be electable.

It's things like this which lead me to believe that democracy simply doesn't work simply because the average voter is incapable of weighing candidates in a mature and intelligent way.

But is it fair game, really? Is this the criteria people should really use to pick our leaders?

There are no recordings of Abraham Lincoln's voice but I've read that it was described as sort of weak and squeaky-sounding. That's in addition to how homely he was, with or without a beard. By virtue of how shallow today's voter is, I doubt he'd be electable.

It's things like this which lead me to believe that democracy simply doesn't work simply because the average voter is incapable of weighing candidates in a mature and intelligent way.
Of course not. I just meant that it's a normal part of political banter and ribbing, not that it should be a normal part of voting decisions.

If people are voting based on superficial criteria like that obviously that's a different story.

It does boil down to emphasis, though.

For instance, there's a lot made of news bias. And that bias exists on both ends of the spectrum. When I listen to NPR, I'd say maybe 60-70% or more news articles can be categorized as identity politics (LGBT, race, immigration etc...). This reflects the prioritization of NPR's core listener demographic, but does it reflect the most pressing underlying needs of society? I'd say no.

Same is true with OAN and Newsmax, who spend almost the entire news day on propping up "Stop the Steal". A large chunk of the right thinks worshipping at Trump's heel is the most important thing to do right now, but it also does not reflect their underlying needs, as COVID-19 has penetrated deep into flyover country.

When you say it's not mutually exclusive, well, I disagree if it means stealing time and energy away from issues that require all hands on deck. And those issues at present are being completely ignored, frankly.

Just to drive my point home here, here is just one climate change story from today:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/climate-change-arctic-noaa-report-card/

People discount the future. That means we're biased to focus more on immediate wedge issues than we are with problems that take years or decades to manifest (and years of hard effort to ameliorate). But I can guarantee you that nobody will care about bathrooms anymore under a worst-case climate change trajectory which seems ever more likely by the day.

There is a certain amount of doom fatigue, as it were, that sets in. They say one life lost is a tragedy and a million is a statistic. That I think is a big reason why there is, paradoxically, LESS support for COVID-19 restrictions today than there was last spring when our fight-or-flight reflex was going crazy. To put it in tinnitus terms, a great many in the US have compartmentalized and habituated. That doesn't change the fact that thousands of avoidable deaths are a tragedy. And to the extent we have simply tuned this out and gone BACK to focusing on wedge issues, well, it drives me up the wall. It tells me that we are totally incapable of meeting true existential threats head-on.
I didn't disagree with you, read the last paragraph I wrote that you responded to.

But no one was trying to establish unisex bathrooms as a norm. That's a misrepresentation of what happened.

I do understand your larger point about emphasis and I agree but it's okay to include letting trans people pee in peace (i.e. have basic human rights) in a platform even if it's not an issue that should be front and center as you point out.

I don't think most people on the right feel the way you describe. People tend to like people who agree with them and dislike people who disagree with them. That's why there are popular women on the right (ex: Candace Owens, Sarah Palin) who are treated very nicely.

I didn't make any reference to the left or right in my comment. There are right leaning people who did not vote Trump, and left leaning people who did. Prejudice exists everywhere, including in the left leaning. We're saturated in it - it's like the fish in water analogy.

My comment refers to Trump himself encouraging his supporters to behave prejudicially towards women and POC, which I stand by and am not sure that anyone could fairly disagree with.

I was referring specifically to this thread when I spoke about criticism of personal not political, however even IRL I would argue that this is still the case for women. The 'sleepy Joe' stuff is dumb Trump nonsense, and I haven't seen anyone take it up in here. However, calling a woman a 'whore' is pretty commonplace, and certainly pre-dates Trump.

Also, I understand your wider point, but disagree that women on the right cannot also be victims of discrimination by others on the right. In fact it's clearly been the case with both the women you mention.

When she was 29 years old, Kamala Harris had an affair with a married, but separated, man who was twice her age. This resulted in her being given appointments in lucrative governmental positions, at the expense of California taxpayers, which launched her career in politics. Her lover was a very influential man, and is recognized as having been at the time, the most powerful Democratic politician in California. To call her out for this is not a form of misogamy. Harris later called this affair, "An albatross hanging around my neck." Well, what did she expect? Ironically, she has been lauded as a great Feminist, by supporters. If she is a feminist, then practically everything we have been told about the purpose of feminism for the past 40 or 50 years, is a lie.

When she was 29 years old, Kamala Harris had an affair with a married, but separated, man who was twice her age. This resulted in her being given appointments in lucrative governmental positions, at the expense of California taxpayers, which launched her career in politics. Her lover was a very influential man, and is recognized as having been at the time, the most powerful Democratic politician in California. To call her out for this is not a form of misogamy. Harris later called this affair, "An albatross hanging around my neck." Well, what did she expect? Ironically, she has been lauded as a great Feminist, by supporters. If she is a feminist, then practically everything we have been told about the purpose of feminism for the past 40 or 50 years, is a lie.
But how is this any more corrupt than anything else that's done in politics? Is bribing someone with sex really any worse than bribing with money? Because the latter happens all the time.

But you seem to say yes, so why is bribery with sex worse than bribery with money?

This resulted in her being given appointments in lucrative governmental positions
No matter how many times someone tells you, you still don't understand how misogynistic this line is. She had a relationship. Then she ascended in politics. Congratulations, this is literally everyone. You seem to think that this is somehow remarkable. I wonder why...
To call her out for this is not a form of misogamy.
Of course you don't know the difference between misogyny and misogamy. You're right. The way you talk about Harris is not a form of misogamy, as it has no anti-marriage rhetoric. But it's certainly textbook misogyny.

To call her out for this is not a form of misogamy.

To anyone who needs to hear this:

It is a textbook example of misogyny.

Suggesting that a woman's success in politics is due to her using her body and not her mind, that her achievements were 'gifted' to her by white men because she is a woman and a POC (see below), that her consensual relationship with a single man is shameful and whorish, assigning her standards that are not equally applied to her male counterparts, and calling her the below in a campaign of postings, are all textbook examples.

Whore
Bimbo
Harris the Pig
Affirmative Action Vice President

Another example is saying something sexist, and then claiming it is fine because the female they are insulting is a 'bad' woman. Not true. Feminism supports everyone's right to be treated equally and not be unfairly judged or held back by their gender. You do not have to be a 'good' person to qualify for this, nor a woman.

It is fine to dislike someone because of their politics, but it is unacceptable to call anybody any of the above things, or to suggest that they got their job because of their skin colour or their gender. To do this is racism and misogyny. Do not be convinced otherwise, even if they use a conciliatory tone.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I'm posting an RBG quote, just to get the bad taste of this affirmative action, male handout rubbish out of my mouth:

325ed5cfb6af50fc71b2e32982b9b005.jpg

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now