2020 US Presidential Election

People are specifically bashing Trump, not conservatives as a whole. If you think conservatism is defined by Trump then you might have a narrow view yourself.

I want better for conservatives than Trump. I feel angry for our country and also for the people who were fooled by this con man. The fact that Trump is so tied into people's identity as conservatives is precisely why he is so dangerous.
Twilight of American Sanity by Allen Frances (MD) gives an interesting take in helping us understand why and how the Trump presidency happened. Frances' analysis focuses more on sociological factors than just political developments. To put it differently, the author basically says that ''calling Trump crazy allows us to avoid confronting the craziness in our society''

Here's an excerpt of a review on Frances' book:

''Frances explores at length the many societal delusions that have given rise to Trump. The delusions include a false belief in fast, easy solutions to complex problems, such as global warming (God will fix it), guns (they don't kill people; people do), dwindling resources (there will be a high-tech fix), and so on. Exploiting this societal sickness, Trump, a "skilled snake-oil salesman selling quack medicine…won power because he promised quick, phony cures for the…real problems burdening the significant segment of our population left out of the American dream." Regarding Rust Belt jobs, writes the author, "most of the jobs were lost to automation, not globalization, and sadly they will never return." In the election campaign, Trump, a lifelong con man, displayed the common touch, while Hillary Clinton proved "remote and inaccessible, assuming she could rest comfortably on her long lead and past laurels''

(....)

"we have placed the future of humanity in the hands of someone indifferent to facts, proud of scientific ignorance, and ready to act deceitfully on whim and spite." While Trump "doesn't qualify for a mental disorder…he does present with one of the world's best documented cases of lifelong failure to mature." He is "a distillation, mouthpiece, and terrifying living embodiment of all the worst in human nature and societal delusion." In his final, discursive chapters, Frances envisions the possibility of a rational post-Trump world informed by progressive populism.''

Link:
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/allen-frances/twilight-of-american-sanity/

PS - how can "Trumper" be a slur anyway, when Trump was calling Republicans "never Trumpers", doesn't that mean his supporters are "Trumpers?"

It's not surprising that so many were taken in by him when you see how easily led people are on social media. Many don't want or need evidence anymore when a point is being made. A lie is perfectly acceptable as long as it fits that persons beliefs about a particular narrative, and this true of people of all political persuasions.
I often think that social media is almost the entire problem. It was thrown at us, despite it acting like a highly potent drug. It's kind of funny because the FDA is so tight on regulations and proving drugs are worthy, etc. But technology that completely alters our brain chemistry is whatever. And you are right, anyone can fall prey to it.

While Trump was busy working on vaccines, Democrats were working on changing State laws to rig the election.

Patriots were biting their tongue. There is so much a person can take. Biden is a goat, donkey, monkey and a dumbass. He said nothing when BLM Antifa was burning and looting. Fucking double standard pussy he is, ok.

We will be more divided nation than ever before in American history.

Fucking media caused all of this to happen. CNN, MSNBC, New Your Toilet Paper Times, ABC... etc.
@Rajin, if you read the previous posts of fellow Tinnitus Talkers on this thread, you could have seen that there were mentions of prominent Democratic politicians who warned BLM/Antifa protestors of using violence. This can hardly be said of Republicans who do the same about Proud Boys, QAnon fanatics and other far right organisations.

That being said, it really surprises me that right leaning people on this thread try to tie BLM and antifa activists to Democrats as if they are in cahoots together, while trying to dissociate any kind of connection between far right groups like Proud Boys with the GOP and Trump, even though these same activists often call Trump their leader. This doesn't add up.

Is Beijing funding these moderate rebels?

h804fbxjgw961.jpg

This guy has such generic features that you might as well tie Andre Agassi, Ed Kowalczyk of the band Live or that guy from the Israeli Netflix series Fauda to Antifa. Or maybe they all are involved:eek: Come one, leave the real detective work to the police instead of some random guy who wears a tin foil hat and happens to have microsoft paint '98 on his computer.

Andre-Agassi-tennis-player-3rd-October-1998.jpg

Ed_Kowalczyk_at_Bluesfest_2009.jpg

Fauda-1024x640.jpg

c493f473c4a46f31e22c70c3d979a1ea.jpg

Pence Said to Oppose Invoking 25th Amendment as Pelosi Threatens to Pursue Impeachment

Vice President Mike Pence is opposed to a call by Democrats in Congress and some Republicans to invoke the 25th Amendment to strip President Trump of his powers before his term ends, a person close to the vice president said.

It is unclear when Mr. Pence will alert Congress of his position. But the decision by Mr. Pence is said to be supported by several Trump cabinet officials. Those officials, a senior Republican said, viewed the effort as likely to add to the current chaos in Washington rather than deter it.

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/07/us/electoral-vote

I disagree actually, while I'd like to see new polling numbers, the sad fact is that even after this episode, he'd still likely be able to win the Republican primary. I don't think he's done destroying our democracy.

Think I'm wrong? Well just remember this, 138 House Republicans voted to object to the results in PA last night. Even after the riots, they're still enabling lies by Trump.
Yes, you are logically correct, but... you are omitting one important factor i.e. the self sabotage mode that Trump can't stop. His kids are already threatening the Party and saying if you don't fall in line you're out the next primary. I think, based on human self interest, folks will distant themselves ASAP. Senator Harley has already been said to have blood on his hands according to the local Missouri paper, the Kansas City post as I recall.

He can't help himself, he just can't put the breaks on - Sabotage mode.
Trump is going to keep going to flounder, leaving his support base embarrassed and abandoned.
He has screwed up every business he has owned except the TV show, that's why he did so well politically as you know. Give it a little time... Shoot he's probably lashing out at his wife and inner inner circle now... he's in melt down mode.
Trump is going to have to grab a mike or TV screen ASAP to grandstand, once he starts adlibbing he will bury himself, guaranteed.

It's a gentleman's bet... give it less than a year for Trump to go into fade out mode.

I do not accept the word "Trumper" as descriptive of my choices, or the way that I vote as I did not support him in 2016. I also don't care very much that he lost, he'll do more outside of the White House, than if he were in.

As for the "New folks", who are you referring to, Biden and that woman? Biden is going to have a lot of problems, but he wanted the job. He has to deal with BLM and others from the far left, who feel that he was elected due to their efforts, but most of what they want is not within his power to grant them.

The Democrats fought Trump tooth and nail for four years, and I do not expect Biden to be welcomed with open arms. Trump single handedly decimated the power structure of the Republican Party. which is something that the Democrats could not do, and they hatred for him for doing this. They're going to have a very difficult time of it, for the next four years, and it's their own fault.
Cool, you don't accept the word Trumper, and I don't accept calling women Whores.
We have delineated what language we find acceptable.
Awesome.

Yes, you are logically correct, but... you are omitting one important factor i.e. the self sabotage mode that Trump can't stop. His kids are already threatening the Party and saying if you don't fall in line you're out the next primary. I think, based on human self interest, folks will distant themselves ASAP. Senator Harley has already been said to have blood on his hands according to the local Missouri paper, the Kansas City post as I recall.

He can't help himself, he just can't put the breaks on - Sabotage mode.
Trump is going to keep going to flounder, leaving his support base embarrassed and abandoned.
He has screwed up every business he has owned except the TV show, that's why he did so well politically as you know. Give it a little time... Shoot he's probably lashing out at his wife and inner inner circle now... he's in melt down mode.
Trump is going to have to grab a mike or TV screen ASAP to grandstand, once he starts adlibbing he will bury himself, guaranteed.

It's a gentleman's bet... give it less than a year for Trump to go into fade out mode.
I accept your bet, but I say not only will Trump stay in the limelight but he'll be the GOP nominee in 2024.

I accept your bet, but I say not only will Trump stay in the limelight but he'll be the GOP nominee in 2024.
I believe Trump will remain in the limelight, he has already said he will campaign against some candidates in two years.

I don't think he will run in 2024, but I think he will likely campaign for the person running in 2024. He will have big influence on who will be selected as the 2024 nominee.

His support base is not embarrassed/abandoned, because most do not feel Trump lost (so nothing to be embarrassed about) but rather upset/disappointed that the election was stolen. As long as Trump doesn't concede, people will feel this way. Also the base doesn't feel abandoned, Trump literally did everything he could and tried all avenues.

His support base is not embarrassed/abandoned, because most do not feel Trump lost (so nothing to be embarrassed about) but rather upset/disappointed that the election was stolen. As long as Trump doesn't concede, people will feel this way.
So it really doesn't matter to them that he had his day in court already? Over 60 court cases have happened, a large amount of which in courts with Trump appointed judges? If you can't prove your case in court, then what's left?

That said, I agree with you. And that's why I think he's doing this, he doesn't want an L on his record so that he can run again.

Senator Harley has already been said to have blood on his hands according to the local Missouri paper, the Kansas City post as I recall.
Infamous picture of Sen. Josh Hawley's greeting to "protestors" about an hour before the Capitol was besieged. The same "protestors" who'd been plotting violence online for weeks--at the urging of Trump. Doesn't look good... Btw, he apparently intends to run for President in 2024. (I won't be voting for him!)

3184ed42-9990-4aa4-9342-a6ed7b11b358_1140x641.jpg

If anybody would be interested in seeing this guy squirm under focused questioning (from Fox News), here's a revealing 2-min video on how this guy handles himself...
His support base is not embarrassed/abandoned, because most do not feel Trump lost (so nothing to be embarrassed about) but rather upset/disappointed that the election was stolen.
Doesn't say much for his support base's intelligence.

Sen. Josh Hawley's book canceled by publisher citing 'deadly insurrection' at Capitol building

In an extraordinary move, Simon & Schuster announced Thursday that it would no longer publish a planned book by Sen. Josh Hawley, one of the Republican lawmakers who led objections to Congress certifying President-elect Joe Biden's victory.

"After witnessing the disturbing, deadly insurrection that took place on Wednesday in Washington, D.C., Simon & Schuster has decided to cancel publication of Senator Josh Hawley's forthcoming book," the company said in a statement.

"We did not come to this decision lightly," Simon & Schuster added. "As a publisher it will always be our mission to amplify a variety of voices and viewpoints: at the same time we take seriously our larger public responsibility as citizens, and cannot support Senator Hawley after his role in what became a dangerous threat to our democracy and freedom."​

Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) Tweeted:
If the Antifa scumbags can terrorize my family, they can do it to any family in America. People should be safe in their own homes. And we're not going to sit back and take it

https://t.co/umzOMBiA6l

Speaking of AOC. Thoughts on this?

She said she's not for the status quo, yet her actions speak louder than words here.

loHyWS3.png

Same for Bernie. At least Jeremy Corbyn from the UK didn't vote for regime change in Libya and carpet bombing people's homes in Serbia. I'm still waiting for the human rights that was promised in Libya, because if bringing a thriving slave market back in Libya is "freedom and democracy", then yeah I rather not have it. That and the fact Jeremy Corbyn shows no loyalty to the state departments cold war 2.0 (he at least calls it out), however every single Republican and Democrat (yes including the beloved Bernie and AOC) are for the status quo on it.

So, where is this anti-establishment propaganda I keep hearing about them? Almost like it's all just a show and they dangle these things in front of you, but it's all just a lie.

I never knew a group of young guys who dress in black hoodies and black pants (antifa), could scare so many people where now there's conspiracy theories about them being everywhere at any time of the day as if they're omnipotent beings. It's starting to make me more scared where I had to check under my bed to see if there was an antifa dude there. Is this like the paranoid equivalent of Trump Derangement Syndrome? I did hear someone describing this as "The American Psychosis".

I remember when Fox News called them "super soldiers" lol.

c74.png

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now