2020 US Presidential Election

The only way the middle class has to defend itself is not buying Apple products, or using Facebook, for instance. This way those companies who do not pay taxes and do not contribute will feel the pain.
Most people here use Facebook and/or own an Apple product.

Agree

CEO Tim Cook of Apple sat with First Lady Michelle during Obama's last State of the Union address. Apple does not pay their fair share in taxes, and they have hundreds of billions in the bank and most of their manufacturing jobs are overseas. They also charge a mint for products and services. Obama spoke about the needs to serve the middle class in his address. All Presidents have showmanship and they don't care about the middle classes. The Bushes, Clinton and Obama have become super rich in retirement. Much of their riches have come from big business.
Both Republicans AND DEMOCRATS in bed with big business, finding tax loopholes and corruption. What a shocker.

Add catering to special interest groups and virtue signaling for good measure, too.

They're wrong to do that and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
But, they're so innocent?

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...hter-plead-guilty-murder-five-family-members/

Where's the outrage from BLM?

I guess it's okay to drive into people, steal money, loot stores and get in the faces while screaming at white diners.

It's also okay to kill and harm others too, not just whites.

BLM is a useful tool, a Marxist organization to manipulate the masses. A manufactured political organization to rally the sheep.

Third Nobel Peace Prize nomination for Trump:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...n-a-way-in-which-none-of-his-predecessors-did

Biden also receives Nobel Peace Prize nomination:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/joe-biden-nominated-nobel-peace-prize-a4558266.html

At this rate, every future U.S. President or challenger may receive a nomination.
It's really easy to get a nomination, so I'd say not getting one is more of an insult than getting one is a compliment.

It's shocking that Trump never made public his tax statements, like all presidents of the US to date have done. So we can assume he did a lot of illegal things, and he is trying to hide them.
The saying in America about assume is: When I assume, it makes an ass out of you, and me.

8F171BC2-1FAA-4E13-9F6D-60EFF1750DC7.jpeg

I mean... she's not wrong.

Pre-debate reminder that Trump committed tax fraud and not simply "legal tax avoidance":

Ex-Watergate prosecutor predicts Trump will be charged for tax evasion after he leaves office

Biden just releases his tax returns today too:

Biden Releases Tax Returns Ahead of Debate With Trump
Would Trump be the first ever person who has been President to go to jail?

This is one reason he will try to hold onto power until the bitter end. This is also one reason the likes of Putin have to keep in power until they drop dead; if they don't their murky dealings will be found out and face repercussions.

Most people here use Facebook and/or own an Apple product.
Then they should not complain.

I am very happy without Facebook and I don't buy Apple products either. I cannot support companies that do not pay taxes or try to steal my personal data, my financial data and take away my privacy.

The saying in America about assume is: When I assume, it makes an ass out of you, and me.
We would not need to assume anything if Trump made his tax statements public, like the rest of the US presidents have done.

So obviously Trump is hiding something.

What is he going to say to the middle class? Will Trump say "hey, guys, pay the taxes I do not pay!"?

Would Trump be the first ever person who has been President to go to jail?

This is one reason he will try to hold onto power until the bitter end. This is also one reason the likes of Putin have to keep in power until they drop dead; if they don't their murky dealings will be found out and face repercussions.
Neither Clinton had to go to jail.

Then they should not complain.

I am very happy without Facebook and I don't buy Apple products either. I cannot support companies that do not pay taxes or try to steal my personal data, my financial data and take away my privacy.
Do you use Google? Android?

Why didn't Obama? He had almost a decade. Since the Left is always complaining the rich don't pay taxes...
Ok, man, back that truck up. What makes you think Trump hasn't done something illegal with his taxes? I mean, he already has a litany of cronies who have been convicted of crimes, including one that got a get-out-of-jail-free card from Trump. Trump is more crooked than he ever claimed Hillary is. He's just shielded by the GOP and and his corrupt cabinet (Barr who is effectively now his mob-boss consigliere).

Ok, man, back that truck up. What makes you think Trump hasn't done something illegal with his taxes? I mean, he already has a litany of cronies who have been convicted of crimes, including one that got a get-out-of-jail-free card from Trump. Trump is more crooked than he ever claimed Hillary is. He's just shielded by the GOP and and his corrupt cabinet (Barr who is effectively now his mob-boss consigliere).
The burden is on the person claiming Trump committed tax fraud to prove it. So far, he is still under audit and the IRS has not charged him with fraud. The IRS has ultimate say, not the journalists. Right now, the issue seems to be he paid Ivanka about $750k in consulting fees. Let's not forget that Trump is worth billions of dollars, so the $750k is but a speck and there is no reason to risk going to prison for such a small amount (comparatively speaking). Trump donates his $400k salary every year, so there is no reason for him to squabble over $750k.

The burden is on the person claiming Trump committed tax fraud to prove it.
Isn't it at least slightly hypocritical to have this mindset, while supporting a guy whose whole life is based on making baseless claims without proof? What I don't understand about the defense of Trump is what he did to deserve the benefit of the doubt...

The burden is on the person claiming Trump committed tax fraud to prove it. So far, he is still under audit and the IRS has not charged him with fraud. The IRS has ultimate say, not the journalists. Right now, the issue seems to be he paid Ivanka about $750k in consulting fees. Let's not forget that Trump is worth billions of dollars, so the $750k is but a speck and there is no reason to risk going to prison for such a small amount (comparatively speaking). Trump donates his $400k salary every year, so there is no reason for him to squabble over $750k.
But it's now apparent Trump being worth billions is smoke and mirrors.

I highly recommend everyone watch the documentary "Born Rich" in which a young adult Ivanka inadvertently admits her dad is broke and in serious debt and keeps afloat with new deals to pay Peter with Paul's money. She says at one point in the documentary that her dad pointed to a homeless guy and said "see that homeless man over there, he actually has more money" and just kind of laughs about it.

The "donates his salary" is also part of "smoke and mirrors" con. Each golf trip and resort trip to one of his properties cost tax payers enormous amounts of money because all of his security detail have to rent rooms and eat courtesy of the tax payers. He's made well over $400k per year on us and is fooling his base with the "donates" his salary charade.

He says he is a billionaire to get more and more loans and uses his heavily leveraged property as "proof." If that weren't the case, he wouldn't be hundreds of millions of dollars in debt.

He also uses his property to get illegal foreign bribes. Saudi families have rented entire floors of his buildings before the arms deal.

Trump reminds me of Jeff Lowe in the Tiger King who rented a mansion and a luxury car to convince Joe Exotic he was rich instead of massively in debt so he could con him. Or this case:

'Fake it until you make it': the strange case of New York's socialite scammer

It seems like the easiest way to get people to assume you won't con them is to pretend to not need the money.

I highly recommend everyone watch the documentary "Born Rich" in which a young adult Ivanka inadvertently admits her dad is broke and in serious debt and keeps afloat with new deals to pay Peter with Paul's money. She says at one point in the documentary that her dad pointed to a homeless guy and said "see that homeless man over there, he actually has more money" and just kind of laughs about it.

The "donates his salary" is the biggest smoke and mirrors con ever. Each golf trip and resort trip to one of his properties, cost tax payers enormous amounts of money because all the security have to rent rooms and eat courtesy of the tax payers. He's made well over $400k per year on us and is fooling his base with the "donates" his salary charade.

He says he is a billionaire to get more and more loans and uses his heavily leveraged property as "proof." If that weren't the case, he wouldn't be hundreds of millions of dollars in debt.

Reminds me of Jeff Lowe in the Tiger King who rented a mansion and a luxury car to convince Joe Exotic he was rich instead of massively in debt so he could con him. Or this case:

It seems like the easiest way to get people to assume you won't con them is to pretend to not need the money.
That last sentence was also applied to the American people. Trump lied and said he was solely self funding and didn't take special interest money. That was to make people think he wasn't corrupt and wouldn't con them.

The "donates his salary" is also part of "smoke and mirrors" con. Each golf trip and resort trip to one of his properties cost tax payers enormous amounts of money because all of his security detail have to rent rooms and eat courtesy of the tax payers. He's made well over $400k per year on us and is fooling his base with the "donates" his salary charade.

He also uses his property to get illegal foreign bribes. Saudi families have rented entire floors of his buildings before the arms deal.

Trump reminds me of Jeff Lowe in the Tiger King who rented a mansion and a luxury car to convince Joe Exotic he was rich instead of massively in debt so he could con him. Or this case:

Trump is worth 2.5 billion USD currently. But, if he is very poor/broke, maybe it makes sense that he only pays $750 in taxes, right?

Yes, Donald Trump Is Still A Billionaire. That Makes His $750 Tax Payment Even More Scandalous

Trump's net worth drops to $2.5B amid coronavirus pandemic

What I don't understand about the defense of Trump is what he did to deserve the benefit of the doubt...
Conservatives give him the benefit of doubt because they don't trust the news media because much of what the news media spews is bias or misinformation.

That last sentence was also applied to the American people. Trump lied and said he was solely self funding and didn't take special interest money. That was to make people think he wasn't corrupt and wouldn't con them.
So many ex administration officials (and personal lawyers now) have been talking about this corruption and they are viewed as "disgruntled employees."

The irony is, if Trump supporters went to a business and the turnover was that high they wouldn't blame all the employees they would understand there must be something wrong with the management. Especially when they insist they only hire "the best people."

Somehow though the exception to this is Trump. It boggles my mind.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now