• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

2024 US Presidential Election

This assassination attempt was an inside job. It is impossible that this 20-year-old kid could outsmart the Secret Service and come that close to killing Trump.
Stop getting your news from Facebook. All he had to do was climb on top of a building that was outside of the Secret Service security perimeter. It wasn't rocket science.
Tell us again how he is a "failure," lol.
Do you really want us to tell you again? Lol. Just read the previous posts or actually read some real news. It's hard to believe there are enough MAGA Trumpers to get him elected after what we experienced from his horrible first term and everything that we've heard from him since.

Trump is also responsible for the current border issues because a bipartisan deal had been struck until Trump became involved and wanted to leave the border open because he thought it would be to his advantage politically.

I mean, if his own personal security team wants to hang him out to dry, then he's not exactly a shoo-in now, is he?
He has no "Personal security team"; it is the Secret Service. The way that the Secret Service women who were appointed to guard him were cowering and unable to do their job is a pretty good indication that they have to change their policy.

I've been saying for years that Biden was the wrong choice and that Trump should have won in 2020. Now, a majority of voters in the United States are realizing this.

J.D. Vance will beat Kamala if they have a debate, which is very important because if Biden wins, there is a good chance that he will become incapacitated at some point, even worse than he is now, and she will have to take over. The only reason she got this far was because she was the mistress of the powerful Democrat from California, Willie Brown, a married man older than her father. Brown rewarded her with lucrative political jobs at the taxpayers' expense. She sponsored bail funds for people arrested during the summer of 2020 Democratic riots across the country.

To stop Trump, there have been attempted character assassinations, financial assassinations, legal assassinations, and an actual assassination - and they all failed.

Several Democrats now openly accept that Biden and Harris will lose in November.

Elon Musk, a widely respected former Democrat, now supports Trump, and many more endorse him.

I see Trump picked Senator J.D. Vance as his Vice President running mate. Vance was critical of Trump at one time but said Trump proved him wrong in his 4 years as POTUS.

Vance is very bright and is an articulate speaker similar to Speaker Mike Johnson. We will finally get demented Joe's ass out of the White House. It can't come soon enough.

I see Trump picked Senator J.D. Vance as his Vice President running mate. Vance was critical of Trump at one time but said Trump proved him wrong in his 4 years as POTUS.

Vance is very bright and is an articulate speaker similar to Speaker Mike Johnson.
Yeah, Vance doesn't really like Trump and thinks he's an idiot, but he's looking out for his own political aspirations.

We have to make sure these idiots don't get elected by getting out the intelligent voters to vote and not letting the MAGA Trumpers win. The country cannot afford another disastrous four years from Trump. We're still trying to recover from what happened during the Trump years.

Teamsters president Sean O'Brien addressed the Republican National Convention. He referred to Trump as "One tough S.O.B." He also spoke highly of Vance. He did not endorse a candidate from either party. O'Brien is the first Teamster leader in their 121-year history to speak at an RNC, and it is worth hearing.

What a massive understatement. Vance compared Trump to Hitler.
"Vance once questioned whether Trump could be 'America's Hitler' in a private Facebook message in 2016 to one of his former roommates." —Politico

He said the media influenced his opinion of Trump, and Trump proved him wrong.

Why are you so interested in US politics? I can see you lean Democratic.
European countries are our allies but also our competitors, so our best interests are not necessarily what they care about.

Trump is right about some of them not paying their NATO dues and the rest expecting the United States to finance the Ukrainian War. They're in for a rude awakening in four months, whether they know it or not.

European countries are our allies but also our competitors, so our best interests are not necessarily what they care about.

Trump is right about some of them not paying their NATO dues and the rest expecting the United States to finance the Ukrainian War. They're in for a rude awakening in four months, whether they know it or not.
I fully agree about many European countries failing to pay their fair share in NATO contributions prior to 2022. It was inexcusable.

However, the war in Ukraine has been a wake-up call, and many countries now meet or surpass NATO's 2% GDP baseline. The US is currently sitting in third place with a 3.4% contribution. (Although historically speaking, the US has contributed much more.)

Looking at the current overall contributions to Ukraine itself, the US is in 17th place (based on GDP). European countries have definitely stepped up. The rude awakening has already passed. Given the current geopolitical landscape, Europe wants to become less reliant on the US.

That being said, America's contribution in the form of logistics and weaponry is invaluable and would obviously be a great loss.

Furthermore, the idea of setting up a centralized European army is also gaining some traction. Countries such as Germany and the Netherlands even combine army battalions into a single unit with a centralized chain of command. Change is definitely happening.

I'm not under the illusion that a centralized European Army will ever match the US military – but it's a good development.

At the very least, various European countries can produce their own state-of-the-art weaponry, so we don't have to play catch-up on a technological front. Producing more and replacing old weapons systems is a good, albeit slow, first step.

I think Trump and Vance will want to stop the war in Ukraine somehow. I realize Putin is an evil dictator, but a peace settlement should at least be explored. Biden will just want to send more money to Ukraine. It's not his money so he doesn't care.

I fully agree about many European countries failing to pay their fair share in NATO contributions prior to 2022. It was inexcusable.

However, the war in Ukraine has been a wake-up call, and many countries now meet or surpass NATO's 2% GDP baseline. The US is currently sitting in third place with a 3.4% contribution. (Although historically speaking, the US has contributed much more.)

Looking at the current overall contributions to Ukraine itself, the US is in 17th place (based on GDP). European countries have definitely stepped up. The rude awakening has already passed. Given the current geopolitical landscape, Europe wants to become less reliant on the US.

That being said, America's contribution in the form of logistics and weaponry is invaluable and would obviously be a great loss.

Furthermore, the idea of setting up a centralized European army is also gaining some traction. Countries such as Germany and the Netherlands even combine army battalions into a single unit with a centralized chain of command. Change is definitely happening.

I'm not under the illusion that a centralized European Army will ever match the US military – but it's a good development.

At the very least, various European countries can produce their own state-of-the-art weaponry, so we don't have to play catch-up on a technological front. Producing more and replacing old weapons systems is a good, albeit slow, first step.
The latest from the Donald (addressed to the Taiwanese):

"Pay for your own defense."

Well, he's got a point, hasn't he? Nevertheless, why does it make me smile?

With the money we sent there, Zelensky and his pals bought cars, yachts, new homes, and more. It's about time this ended, with Ukraine agreeing to negotiate peace terms with Russia.

On another note, oral arguments for Donald Trump's appeal to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis have been scheduled for December 2024, meaning the case could not be brought against him until well into 2025. If he is reelected in November, the case will not be able to be brought against him until 2029, if at all. This is another huge win for Trump.

The latest from the Donald (addressed to the Taiwanese):

"Pay for your own defense."

Well, he's got a point, hasn't he? Nevertheless, why does it make me smile?
Am I missing a /s here? :pompous:

Anyway, Trump does not know what he's talking about. In fact, Taiwan is already paying for American defense, billions.

If Taiwan falls to China, this would surely be a blow to American weapons manufacturers.

Trump's comment is also very short-sighted. TSMC currently fabricates 90% of the world's advanced chips, and American companies such as Apple, Qualcomm, and Broadcom are among its biggest customers.

I can't imagine that Taiwan falling into Chinese hands would benefit America's economic interests. This might also scuttle plans for the TSMC semiconductor plant in Arizona.

And all that is besides the fact that Taiwan offers a highly advantageous military position as an unsinkable aircraft carrier.

Biden's ass is grass, and Trump/Vance will be the lawnmower in the next election.

Actually, I'm not sure if Biden will still be the Democratic nominee come this November.

Biden's ass is grass, and Trump/Vance will be the lawnmower in the next election.

Actually, I'm not sure if Biden will still be the Democratic nominee come this November.
Unless the Dems will nominate somebody with a much better chance of beating Trump than Kamala, he probably won't drop out. If they bypass her, the party will look bad, and there will be repercussions from her supporters. Anything can happen before the election, but things are looking very good for Trump and Vance right now.

Biden saying to put Trump in the bullseye was the worst rhetoric I've ever heard. The Secret Service protection was poor, covering the line of fire on the building roof nearby. I'm not sure who was to blame.

After his inauguration in 2025, Trump should fire and replace all employees hired or appointed by the Biden administration - then let the investigations, hearings, and prosecutions of wrongdoers begin.

Kimberly Cheatle will be dismissed if she is not already gone by then.

Hey friend, I haven't checked in for some time. I see you and @Luman are keeping this thread alive. Well done.

How is your post-op recovery going? Has your tinnitus improved? That would be a miracle. I hope that happens for you.

Remember, when the Blue team wins, I want a large veg pizza, and I'd like to add some fries and ice cream for dessert. I am going to feast.

Take care, @just1morething.

Biden saying to put Trump in the bullseye was the worst rhetoric I've ever heard. The Secret Service protection was poor, covering the line of fire on the building roof nearby. I'm not sure who was to blame.
That's ironic considering everything that Trump said and done. He's directly responsible for deaths on January 6th (Capitol invasion), many pandemic deaths due to playing down the pandemic, and is calling for a blood bath if he doesn't win the election.

There are many more examples.

That's ironic considering everything that Trump said and done. He's directly responsible for deaths on January 6th (Capitol invasion), many pandemic deaths due to playing down the pandemic, and is calling for a blood bath if he doesn't win the election.

There are many more examples.
Directly responsible? That is your theory, and I totally disagree. And to say he is responsible for pandemic deaths? Puleeezzz.

Directly responsible? That is your theory, and I totally disagree. And to say he is responsible for pandemic deaths? Puleeezzz.
Not all of them, but he has a lot of blood on his hands. He's definitely responsible for the Capitol invasion. Most people agree, but not the MAGA Trumpers who believe all of Trump's lies.

I'm not American (from the UK), but we also had a leader who horribly mismanaged the pandemic, and I absolutely do hold him responsible for deaths.

I'm not American (from the UK), but we also had a leader who horribly mismanaged the pandemic, and I absolutely do hold him responsible for deaths.
We had two leaders in the U.S.A. during the pandemic. Trump had a total of about 400,000 deaths, and there were no vaccines available during his term. Biden promised to do better if elected, but even with the vaccines, there were over 700,000 additional deaths from COVID-19 under his presidency. Naturally, those who blame Trump for all of Biden's failures will say that this was somehow Trump's fault.

We had two leaders in the U.S.A. during the pandemic. Trump had a total of about 400,000 deaths, and there were no vaccines available during his term. Biden promised to do better if elected, but even with the vaccines, there were over 700,000 additional deaths from COVID-19 under his presidency. Naturally, those who blame Trump for all of Biden's failures will say that this was somehow Trump's fault.
Don't forget that Trump wasn't president for much of the pandemic, and there were major lockdowns during that first year. Still, he was president long enough during the pandemic for him to destroy the economy and all the spending that led to inflation. More COVID-19 deaths are in pro-Trump counties because those idiots listened to him and didn't get vaccinated or take precautions.

Anyway, Trump handled the pandemic and pretty much everything else very poorly, which is why he is rated the worst president ever by scholars. He doesn't believe in climate change, wants to increase taxes on lower-income Americans (through tariffs), take away health care from 40,000,000 Americans, and many other terrible things. We can't afford another term of Trump.

Why didn't you inject bleach into your veins, like Trump said? It could have saved a lot of lives.

And wasn't there something about water and magnets?
Biden had shots and boosters six times and caught COVID-19 three times. As far as the 700,000 deaths under his watch, he should have resigned in disgrace, but he never even apologized. I hope he stays in the race. He deserves to be defeated in November, as well as see his son prosecuted and hopefully imprisoned. Their corruption knows no bounds.

Anyway, Trump handled the pandemic and pretty much everything else very poorly, which is why he is rated the worst president ever by scholars.
The only problem is that every single one of those so-called scholars has grade 5 Trump Derangement Syndrome.

It refers to an alleged condition characterized by irrational fear, hatred, or obsession with U.S. President Donald Trump.

Why didn't you inject bleach into your veins, like Trump said? It could have saved a lot of lives.

And wasn't there something about water and magnets?
Trump also touted Ivermectim and Hydroxychloroquine, which resulted in more deaths.

Biden had shots and boosters six times and caught COVID-19 three times. As far as the 700,000 deaths under his watch, he should have resigned in disgrace, but he never even apologized. I hope he stays in the race. He deserves to be defeated in November, as well as see his son prosecuted and hopefully imprisoned. Their corruption knows no bounds.
I mean. Bleach!?!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now