• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

So where's the shark spray in case you fall into a ravine that leads to the ocean? ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Speaking of sharks...

Screenshot_20211028-124521~2.png

I was hiking a new trail one morning, and stopped to read a mountain lion warning sign that had been posted, when I man stopped and told me he hikes the trail every morning and has never encountered one. I was thinking, the "SAME TRAIL? EVERY DAY. THE SAME TRAIL?" I need more spice in my life than that.
I know the feeling! I absolutely love where I live and I appreciate it probably more than anyone else I know - I look at all the trees, the dirt on the ground, up at the sky, the changes in the landscape that come with the different seasons, I analyse the buildings etc. BUT, it is not enough. I need variety - it is the spice of life, as they say!

I'm off to the Lake District on New Year's Eve. I'm going to climb Scar Fell Pike on New Years Day. I'm going to start the year as I mean to go on, and for me, that means exploring the world and doing/seeing as much as possible - like I used to do before tinnitus and lockdown.

You have any plans? Or you just going to sit this New Years' out.

I always grab a pocket full of rocks at the beginning of the trail and keep a knife and bear spray on me, because I do hike alone in the early morning.
This is insane! I would love to live somewhere where I had the risk of a bear attack haha! In England, we killed all our wolves, bears etc.. and cut down all our forests.

However, we have plenty of housing estates, and there's always the thrill of possibly getting stabbed if you take a hike around any of them... guess it's all about perspective. You have bears, we have stabby kids lol.

This is insane! I would love to live somewhere where I had the risk of a bear attack haha! In England, we killed all our wolves, bears etc.. and cut down all our forests.

However, we have plenty of housing estates, and there's always the thrill of possibly getting stabbed if you take a hike around any of them... guess it's all about perspective. You have bears, we have stabby kids lol.
Have you ever wondered why they killed all the bears, wolves, and cut all the trees?

Hey I grew up on a housing estate! :ROFL: (though be honest the stereotype fits well where I lived - it was a nasty place.)

We only have black bears, so I'm not too worried about them. They are pretty chill and don't want much to do with humans unless they have cubs or you sneak up on them. California used to have grizzlies, but they were all hunted to extinction. The last known one in Southern California was shot and killed in 1916.

I mainly worry about mountain lions, especially because I hike alone and early when there isn't anyone else on the trails. You can imagine, here in California, hiking is a fashion trend and the trails get very busy later in the day. Also around 8AM the mountain bikers show up with their loud bells and stuff on their bikes.

You have any plans? Or you just going to sit this New Years' out.
Funny you should ask. I just got COVID-19 test results back for my daughter today, and she tested positive. So I'll be quarantined during New Years. Hopefully my ears and/or lungs don't get any worse from this. I can't test for another 3-4 days unless I start having symptoms.
I know the feeling! I absolutely love where I live and I appreciate it probably more than anyone else I know - I look at all the trees, the dirt on the ground, up at the sky, the changes in the landscape that come with the different seasons, I analyse the buildings etc. BUT, it is not enough. I need variety - it is the spice of life, as they say!
Yea I like to hop in my car, pick a road, and see where it goes.

Funny you should ask. I just got COVID-19 test results back for my daughter today, and she tested positive. So I'll be quarantined during New Years. Hopefully my ears and/or lungs don't get any worse from this. I can't test for another 3-4 days unless I start having symptoms.

Yea I like to hop in my car, pick a road, and see where it goes.
Seems that younger ones are getting the virus. Our niece and nephew, and a 4-year-old up the road from us all tested positive.

Stay safe.

Hey I grew up on a housing estate! :ROFL: (though be honest the stereotype fits well where I lived - it was a nasty place.)
When I was a young lad we lived way back in the mountains of North Idaho. There were mountain lions, bears, coyotes, bob cats, deer, elk, and moose occasionally. Closest town 23 miles away. I encountered one mountain lion in all the years we lived there. It let me know I was in her territory, if you've ever heard a woman scream like she was being murdered, well that's what they sound like, the hair on your skin will stand straight up. They are elusive creatures. Bears we would see them, but they, black bears, would rather avoid humans, unless cubs are present.

Oh I've got stories of growing up in the mountains, now I just walk the Wicklow mountains for some quiet time.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now