• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

View attachment 48858

Since @aura went back to the rabbit hole I'll introduce you all to Arex :)

He's the most well trained dog I ever met. His daddy may have gotten the inspiration from the famous TV police dog "Rex" that some of you may have seen 20 years ago :p

This dog never wears a necklace and doesn't budge for cats, dogs, kids, cars or shopping carts. And he doesn't bark!

Well he barked lightly at me once but that's probably because he knew I had my muffs off... His owner was very surprised...

When I meet them hiking, I wave and call his name, then when the owner says go, he comes running to greet me and swings to the side right before you think he'll run you down!

Impressive for a 50kg 3 years old :)

View attachment 48857

Lovely dog <3
Those eyes though :rolleyes: :love:

A quick goodnight message...

This morning I awoke with the most beautiful sense of tranquil calm in my ears that I've experienced in ages. Had a wonderful day out in London, met an old mate, sank a few beers and chewed the fat etc etc.

Remember, even when our tinnitus can seem at it's vilest with no end in sight, there are ALWAYS good days awaiting us just around the corner.

'night all.
Meanwhile, around the corner:

View attachment 48870
yeahboy.jpg

Meanwhile, around the corner:

View attachment 48870
Hehe. Yea, Mr. Spike's a SOB.

In the past after a few good days I'd think to myself, wow this is great, I'm cured. Of course, the following morning Senor Spike would poke his boot out from behind the tree and I'd go tumbling down again.

It was happening so often that I just supposed it would be better for me to try and surrender to this condition and change my expectations. Nowadays on a good day instead of getting excited that it may all finally be over I tend to say, well, tomorrow very well may be shit again, but screw that because today I'm going to enjoy the calm. The bad days can still be rough but not quite as impossible somehow.

Maybe if you joined them you wouldn't have tinnitus now! Karma works in mysterious ways...

That reminds me of how I broke my ankle last summer.

We were with some friends and one of them had the idea of running naked (well not completely naked :D) on the street in the middle of the night. It was one of the things from his bucket list apparently :)

Anyway, I wasn't really happy with the idea and suggested that we should play badminton instead.

It seemed like a safer option for me but boy, little did i know...

The moment I went down the stairs I fell and the rest is history.
Yes all the carpe diems we did or didn't do that led most of us to this surreal nightmare...

I think about that every day...

But hey at least I met you! Totally worth it :D

@aura, now listen up you, your idea of playboy bunny is perfect to catch that wascaly wabbit and get my shotgun back. Plus I'm sure you could be very attractive and if you add a dash of elk urine that wabbit will fall head over heels for you. And there's a reward if you catch that wabbit. Just be sure he's chewing on a carrot. I think he could be holed up at 42 degrees south of Bucharest. Oh yeah he was spotted getting on a plane to your country by that goofy duck.

Sure as hell wasn't the sun who banged 2 plates together 3 months ago! :p
Yeah! I actually in the moment forgot about that. But yes, it did start after the plate incident. :(

It doesn't matter how much you tell people to be careful, if they don't have tinnitus or hyperacusis, they can't begin to understand what damage certain sounds/volumes can do if your ears are compromised.

I know he feels bad about it. He tells me all the time that if he could have my tinnitus instead of me, he would. To which I say - gladly! Haha! :D

Yeah! I actually in the moment forgot about that. But yes, it did start after the plate incident. :(

It doesn't matter how much you tell people to be careful, if they don't have tinnitus or hyperacusis, they can't begin to understand what damage certain sounds/volumes can do if your ears are compromised.

I know he feels bad about it. He tells me all the time that if he could have my tinnitus instead of me, he would. To which I say - gladly! Haha! :D
Lucky for him. Easier said than done :D

Or... you could just convince some desperate chick with bad ears that you got the cure back home :)
Me, playing the desperate chick with bad ears: "So if you have the cure, why those big earmuffs, mister?"

Well that wasn't hard. Maybe because I am a desperate chick with bad ears after all.

Anyway. You need a Plan B, @Exit! Because this poster on your bedroom door...

Screenshot_20220212-181114~2.png

...won't be very helpful. I doubt she'll appreciate the joke.

I would also suggest a Plan C, just in case.

I don't know, teach that useless fluffy bird some tricks.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now