• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

No need. There will be more diagnosed cases than there are now as the virus runs its course. It will peak over the next few months and then likely fade in the US after that. In the meantime you'll be screaming that the sky is falling because your political views are making it difficult for you to view the situation objectively.
Literally reporting facts is screaming that the sky is falling? Do you tell people to stay home in a Cat 5 hurricane too?

I guess if anything could possibly look bad for Trump then you are a liberal shill if you report it. Forgive me if I roll my eyes a bit here.

People are openly celebrating this situation on political websites. You'd have to be delusional to think this won't be used for political gain.
Actually, another poster expressed this better than me: Do you really think the governments of all these countries are all out to get Trump? That's ridiculous.

People openly celebrate anything and everything on political websites. They're not reality; they're clickbait. They mean nothing. The only thing that can be used against Trump in reality is his own handling of the crisis in America.

Literally reporting facts is screaming that the sky is falling? Do you tell people to stay home in a Cat 5 hurricane too?
If people were calling a thunderstorm a Cat 5 hurricane I would be inclined to downplay their hysteria. Especially if the situation was being exploited for political gain. I would however still grab a raincoat and drive more carefully in those conditions.

Actually, another poster expressed this better than me: Do you really think the governments of all these countries are all out to get Trump? That's ridiculous.
The threat in other countries is not automatically equivalent to the threat in the US. As I pointed out earlier the population density in those countries is significantly higher.

openly celebrate anything and everything on political websites. They're not reality; they're clickbait. They mean nothing.
You're rationalizing. The comments are from average Americans that happen to lean to one end of the political spectrum. I'm a Democrat and I am furious because these people are handing Trump a reelection victory on a silver platter.

If people were calling a thunderstorm a Cat 5 hurricane I would be inclined to downplay their hysteria. Especially if the situation was being exploited for political gain. I would however still grab a raincoat and drive more carefully in those conditions.

Ok, gotcha. This is *clearly* the metaphorical equivalent of a thunderstorm.

I am glad you are safe on an island in the Pacific but please don't let that fact allow you to persuade others to not protect themselves.

I don't think they are. Did you see Trump speak yesterday? He is handling this so badly. I can't imagine anyone feeling reassured by that speech he struggled to read on tv.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't even know which websites I was referring to yet you're convinced that they aren't authentic. This is precisely the kind of irrational hatred that got him elected in the first place.

I now have a raised temperature, a cough, and a feeling of malaise, so I guess that makes it a full house here. We have no idea if it's the Coronavirus and I guess we'll never find out as they have announced that they have stopped testing people for it - according to my wife. She also said that many are now ill and have been ill - with the same symptoms - at her school, and I believe this can all be traced back to the skiing trip in Italy.

I can already tell that tomorrow is going to be fun :meh::depressed:

I now have a raised temperature, a cough, and a feeling of malaise, so I guess that makes it a full house here. We have no idea if it's the Coronavirus and we'll never find out as they have announced that they have stopped testing people for it - according to my wife. She also said that many are now ill and have been ill - with the same symptoms - at her school, and I believe this can all be traced back to the skiing trip in Italy.

I can already tell that tomorrow is going to be fun :meh::depressed:
Thinking of you and your family, get better really soon.

Very smart and responsible in my opinion.

I wonder why Australia doesn't do the same before it gets out of control.
People speculate a lot but personally I would like to stay safe, since getting this hell in my head I'm not very good in dealing with other problems, especially those that can make this crap worse.

The last thing I need is to be half or fully unconscious and be pumped full of ototoxic meds.

In all honesty I would rather be left to die.

People speculate a lot but personally I would like to stay safe, since getting this hell in my head I'm not very good in dealing with other problems, especially those that can make this crap worse.

The last thing I need is to be half or fully unconscious and be pumped full of ototoxic meds.
Agreed!

Absolutely.
I'm in, depending on what you sketch out as pass/fail criteria, and given an acceptable escrow solution. That is, I fully expect the US to fare better than places which have overall higher population density and shittier healthcare services, but that doesn't mean things aren't going to be weird and bad here.

Not sure what to make of this...
ES6nQ0CXQAA_Rol?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

I'm in, depending on what you sketch out as pass/fail criteria, and given an acceptable escrow solution. That is, I fully expect the US to fare better than places which have overall higher population density and shittier healthcare services, but that doesn't mean things aren't going to be weird and bad here.
Clearly defined parameters:

By the end of 2020 the verifiable death rate as a percentage of the total population and as a direct result of the Coronavirus will be lower in the US than in the majority of all other countries significantly affected by the virus.

This paints an insanely unrealistic picture, because it assumes that population is equally distributed. If it was, yes, you have a good point.

However:

View attachment 37225

That is not the case. Yes, this will be less transmitted in rural areas, but most people don't live there, and the people who DO typically have access to less/worse hospitals.

I'm not panicking; I am simply obeying my state's recommendation to stay at home if possible, since for me this just meant spending $400 at grocery instead of $100 and committing to bailing on my weekly card game, and pulling our kid out of childcare for the moment.

So, we're all happily at home, not dry coughing yet, and pretty stocked:
View attachment 37221

View attachment 37222

View attachment 37223

all that
View attachment 37224

and a ~quarter pound of weed ready to come down.

I need to go to the pharmacy again saturday to get 60-day supplies of meds, and then I think we're ready to just chill at home and see what happens.

Also, our pantry is generally pretty well close to that stocked, anyway. If you live where I do it's dumb to not be setup to survive some weeks of "roads don't work right now, sorry".
My buddy grows. Google Uncle Ben's topping method.

Tom Hanks and wife Rita have both been diagnosed with the virus whilst on set filming in the Gold Coast, Australia.
So is the wife of the Canadian Prime Minister. The reason so many famous people have been testing positive is that they have been able to get tested... This just proves how wide spread the pandemic already is.

The first coronavirus case in a bigger city close to where I live was confirmed today. My college has suspended all in-person classes until April 19th (so the first three weeks of the new semester).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now