How to Be with Someone Having Tinnitus?

Ahaha yes you better be ! ;)

I tried just once and this was really BS for me ! I left very quickly !

So on your side, what's up with relationships ??? :)

I've been with my partner for a few years. We are both very social but after I got this I haven't done much socially tbh.
They have been great and supportive even though I know it hasn't been easy so I can't complain haha but I do feel guilty as I think I'm stopping them from going out more if that makes sense.

Plus I have my big dopey dog Zues who is my main man, he keeps company and entertained :D

Yes I would like a girl with no envies of loud events or places... But at first this is impossible to know if either girl is like that... ;)

Dating and finding that perfect mate takes work and lots of dating and get to knowing them. I have had 2 of them this year. The first one was very exotic and could have been a pin up gal. She was very quiet and didn't talk much. The other one was not as exotic, but she talked way more and was kinda too emotional. I have had two dates so far this year and I plan on having 4 next year.

We will never know, what the other sex really wants until we are there with them. I have been close and surrounded by tons of women lately and the chances of finding that one that resonates with me and me with them is getting much better. Tinnitus can scare us and make us not want to leave our house, I totally get this.

It's not easy finding a guy/gal that we want to date. My lady friend that I hang with on the weekend has lots of gals that are in her family that she always wants me to marry. She bring out her album and she's like they are all yours...lol

So, all I can say is that we need to keep trying and keep trying. Keep swinging and you can eventually hit that home run. My issue is not the tinnitus, but hearing and having a great conversation. The tinnitus is beyond crazy loud and the hearing loss is pretty bad too. At age 20, I had the hearing loss of a 35-40 year old. It is what it is and I will not wear a hearing aid in public, at least not for now.

Dating and finding that perfect mate takes work and lots of dating and get to knowing them. I have had 2 of them this year. The first one was very exotic and could have been a pin up gal. She was very quiet and didn't talk much. The other one was not as exotic, but she talked way more and was kinda too emotional. I have had two dates so far this year and I plan on having 4 next year.

We will never know, what the other sex really wants until we are there with them. I have been close and surrounded by tons of women lately and the chances of finding that one that resonates with me and me with them is getting much better. Tinnitus can scare us and make us not want to leave our house, I totally get this.

It's not easy finding a guy/gal that we want to date. My lady friend that I hang with on the weekend has lots of gals that are in her family that she always wants me to marry. She bring out her album and she's like they are all yours...lol

So, all I can say is that we need to keep trying and keep trying. Keep swinging and you can eventually hit that home run. My issue is not the tinnitus, but hearing and having a great conversation. The tinnitus is beyond crazy loud and the hearing loss is pretty bad too. At age 20, I had the hearing loss of a 35-40 year old. It is what it is and I will not wear a hearing aid in public, at least not for now.

Are they Asian by chance? :ROFL:

So, all I can say is that we need to keep trying and keep trying. Keep swinging and you can eventually hit that home run.

I like how you are thinking @fishbone.

Early to mid 40s is not THAT old and not THAT tired. But you are right, I am not a "spring chicken". These ideas took decades to chrystallize, but do feel free to make my day and ignore them.

@Bill Bauer sorry you felt included in that remark. I wasn't thinking of you at that time. I know in your situation you have always stated the preference of being alone. Period. I would rather not choose to ignore your words - most of the time though.

"hate women thinking they all are worthless as people"

By assuming that your fantasies are reality (as nobody ever said anything of the sort), you are providing more information about yourself than anyone you talk about.

Nope. I am not worthless nor are other women. But that assumption has been written over and over by another person here. And it will always get the steel toed boot response from me.

Tinnitus can scare us and make us not want to leave our house, I totally get this.
chances of finding that one that resonates with me and me with them is getting much better

The woman that would resonate with me would be someone who would not want to spend much time with me - just "enjoy each other's company" once every 1-3 months. I've actually pulled it off once - it was wonderful. At least it was wonderful for me - my partner was ok with it at first, and then got sadder and more depressed with every one of our "dates". Turns out that one can't just take a contraceptive pill just before "a date" - she had to take it (poison herself) every day, just so that she could see me less often than once a month. [Knowing this made me uncomfortable, but there was nothing to be done. We didn't want to break up, and I too busy to see her more often.] It lasted for 2.5 years, and then I had to move to a different part of Canada. I wonder how long it could have lasted if I didn't have to move. It is great to not have to fight to not see her. :)

Jesus if anyone read this thread it would entirely reinforce the idea that everyone with tinnitus is fucking crackers.

Jesus if anyone read this thread it would entirely reinforce the idea that everyone with tinnitus is fucking crackers.

I've never been "normal" and T has just brought more of my crazy to the forefront :wacky:. Normal is overrated anyway.....

I've been with my partner for a few years. We are both very social but after I got this I haven't done much socially tbh.
They have been great and supportive even though I know it hasn't been easy so I can't complain haha but I do feel guilty as I think I'm stopping them from going out more if that makes sense.

Plus I have my big dopey dog Zues who is my main man, he keeps company and entertained :D

Very good if you have your Dog, I love Cats and Dogs !

So now you are not with her anymore ?

Do you have relations with women (paid or "not") ? :D

I've never been "normal" and T has just brought more of my crazy to the forefront :wacky:. Normal is overrated anyway.....

I'm starting to think all the sane people who get this just leap off a cliff in the first month. Only the fucking lunatics carry on living with this shit!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Very good if you have your Dog, I love Cats and Dogs !

So now you are not with her anymore ?

Do you have relations with women (paid or "not") ? :D

Yes I'm still with my partner, they need a medal with all the crap I've put them through this year haha

No I can't say I've paid for some "sexy fun time" :cool: I'm one of those people who seems to be in relationships all the time :rolleyes:

Yes I like dogs more than cats, my doggo is crazy and stupid so we are a perfect match. I would have a few pet owls as well if I could.

I'm starting to think all the sane people who get this just leap off a cliff in the first month. Only the fucking lunatics carry on living with this shit!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

No truer words have been said haha I'm scared of heights so I doubt I'd be able to jump off a cliff if I wanted to......

I've watched them Bill, I enjoyed them. I have a wierd obsession with owls, everything about them facinates me.
After I discovered Yoll channel on YouTube (where most of those clips are from), I also can't get enough of birds of prey. I don't know how she does it, but she uploads clips daily, and it is never boring. She owns four owls. She also works with a hawk at work to reduce the chance of birds being present around Moscow's airport (the hawk scares the birds away, the hawk doesn't actually hunt the birds, she gets her food from her handler). In addition, she often takes care of injured wild birds of prey brought to her by her YouTube subscribers (until they are healthy enough to be released back into Nature).

After I discovered Yoll channel on YouTube (where most of those clips are from), I also can't get enough of birds of prey. I don't know how she does it, but she uploads clips daily, and it is never boring. She owns four owls. She also works with a hawk at work to reduce the chance of birds being present around Moscow's airport (the hawk scares the birds away, the hawk doesn't actually hunt the birds, she gets her food from her handler). In addition, she often takes care of injured wild birds of prey brought to her by her YouTube subscribers (until they are healthy enough to be released back into Nature).

I'll take a look at her channel, it sounds my type of thing, thanks Bill. I like to watch all birds of prey as well but particularly the owl. She sounds pretty amazing tbh, I'll definitely be binge watching her channel.

Never really had a relationship, but I used to talk online with guys in the past who had no regards for my problem. I think IRL it is probably even worse. I don't want to date, almost. Even my family members seem to not understand my problem, they think I'm exaggerating when I want to take a nap. But try having a sound in your head that is just as loud as the train.

Actually my life is I get up in the morning and go to work, and after the work day I go back home or see my family, but most of the week time I just go to the grocery store and go back to my place... And in the weekends I have activities but still always with the same people and family... So I never meet anyone and the only activities I can have after work are only with old women (very nice btw) and this is not very often...

How come you got hearing loss and this screaming T ? :(

Never really had a relationship, but I used to talk online with guys in the past who had no regards for my problem. I think IRL it is probably even worse. I don't want to date, almost. Even my family members seem to not understand my problem, they think I'm exaggerating when I want to take a nap. But try having a sound in your head that is just as loud as the train.

You don't know how you got Tinnitus ?

My family and friends understand but they also forget quickly and do loud things... When people don't have T and H they really cannot understand 100% !

Yes I'm still with my partner, they need a medal with all the crap I've put them through this year haha

No I can't say I've paid for some "sexy fun time" :cool: I'm one of those people who seems to be in relationships all the time :rolleyes:

Yes I like dogs more than cats, my doggo is crazy and stupid so we are a perfect match. I would have a few pet owls as well if I could.

Ok so this is good for you if she didn't leave because you got T ! :)

How do you manage the Dog ? :)

Actually my life is I get up in the morning and go to work, and after the work day I go back home or see my family, but most of the week time I just go to the grocery store and go back to my place... And in the weekends I have activities but still always with the same people and family... So I never meet anyone and the only activities I can have after work are only with old women (very nice btw) and this is not very often...

How come you got hearing loss and this screaming T ? :(

I got tinnitus as a youngster and I lived my life to the fullest. Parties, loud sounds and just being young. I have no regrets either. I was never educated on tinnitus and how it could get worst. I was given harsh meds close to 11-12 years ago and that made my hearing and tinnitus even worst.

It is what it is, It hasn't slowed me down or made me give up, on the life that I enjoy.

I got tinnitus as a youngster and I lived my life to the fullest. Parties, loud sounds and just being young. I have no regrets either. I was never educated on tinnitus and how it could get worst. I was given harsh meds close to 11-12 years ago and that made my hearing and tinnitus even worst.

It is what it is, It hasn't slowed me down or made me give up, on the life that I enjoy.

What a mental strength you have !

I would need even half of yours !

Me I was already quite down even before getting T and H... So of course it didn't help !

But in some ways (small), having Tinnitus makes me think about all my life, and the things that really can be changed, and must be !

What meds made it worse can I ask fishbone? I have a suspicion antibiotics helped kick mine off. I was on lots of meds for other conditions too and stopped some of them and am more careful about medication now.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now