• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Going back to the idea of a Faraday cage.

This thread is literally going into tinfoil-hat territory. Sad.

Case's story that he was hit by some sort of beam-weapon to prevent a patent is also clearly bonkers. If he said he played too much guitar or went to too many concerts maybe his story would be more plausible. But anyone who self-medicates his brain in relation to some trauma he blames on the powers that be is reeling from a mental illness. This need to externalize his pathology is the function of a wounded brain that can't or won't accept that it doesn't reason properly anymore. I mean, I've got visions of the last days of Philip K Dick here, or Naked Lunch.

I tried SoundCure and it turned out to be a dud and aggravated my tinnitus. That is why I'm a bit hesitant on trying David's sound mix. Why not approach the U.S. Dept. of defense on trying your sound mix on a larger sample size if you have been using it with good results for 19 years or so? Btw, I don't know anything about scalar waves and how they are related to tinnitus. Some of the posts do not seem very relevant to tinnitus in my opinion. They seem a bit bizarre to say the least.
Yea If you try my TinnitusMix I would use it on very low volume with neck injury etc.

Yes the subject of non consentual experimentation on citizens is a bizarre subject, the U.S. and Russia have a long history of secretly attacking each other's populations. In 1976 on our nations birthday (July 4th) Russia turned on millions of watts of quadraphonic (4 direction) radio waves pulsed at 10 hertz on the U.S. people (google wood pecker signal) to affect mental stability, emotions, etc. Soon after that diplomats at the U.S. embassy in Moscow was targeted with emotion affecting energy waves, they would cry for hours for no explainable reason. The U.S. investigated it and found U.S. navy ships had 100 x the radiation as the diplomats received and did not want this to come to light. So they paid the diplomats hazard pay and let them be bombarded with psychotronics and swept it under the rug. Now we have the attacks in Cuba and it is just going to get worse.

This thread is literally going into tinfoil-hat territory. Sad.

Case's story that he was hit by some sort of beam-weapon to prevent a patent is also clearly bonkers. If he said he played too much guitar or went to too many concerts maybe his story would be more plausible. But anyone who self-medicates his brain in relation to some trauma he blames on the powers that be is reeling from a mental illness. This need to externalize his pathology is the function of a wounded brain that can't or won't accept that it doesn't reason properly anymore. I mean, I've got visions of the last days of Philip K Dick here, or Naked Lunch.
Yea many people don't want to know how technology is being used. They don't pay attention to their environment and just choose to stick their head in the sand and hope for the best....good luck with that.

In 1976 on our nations birthday (July 4th) Russia turned on millions of watts of quadraphonic (4 direction) radio waves pulsed at 10 hertz on the U.S. people (google wood pecker signal) to affect mental stability, emotions, etc.

Here is one of the first few hits from Google: https://interestingengineering.com/...oviet-signal-that-could-be-heard-on-the-radio

It explains that the Russians were using it as an early warning system during the cold war. Ironically, the article does mention the plethora of conspiracy theories around it, including mind control.

Day #1 (1/28/2019)

Tinnitus Level Before: 8
Tinnitus Level After: 5

I'm going to use this thread to journal my experience and results for both a personal log as well as information that can help others.

The Koss KTX-PRO1 headphone arrived. I downloaded VLC player for my iPad and loaded David's Tinnitus Mix into VLC through google drive. I did a quick test to make sure repeat worked and everything looked good initially. I've slept with headphone before so I knew how comfortable (or uncomfortable) this was going to be. I'm happy to be trying something new and it's not forever so I don't care about comfort at this point as long as this god awful noise is gone.

I went to bed around 11pm. Started VLC and the Tinnitus Mix. I initially placed the volume around the 30% mark but quickly found out that it was way too loud for my ear. I eventually found the sweet spot on the iPad and that was 3 bars or roughly 20%. I then used the analog volume control on the headphone to fine tune it until it was at a comfortable level.

My initial impressions after listening to it for several minutes was that it was quite unique. Unique in the sense that the sound seemed to penetrate farther than any other tinnitus masking sound I've listened to. It was like a brain massage for lack of a better phrase. The volume did not contribute to this massaging effect quite oddly as you may think that playing any sound loud will have this effect. I even lowered it down thinking it was too loud but it still had the same penetrating effect.

All seemed to have been going great until I woke up a couple of hours into sleep finding that the mix had stopped. I woke the iPad and found it paused so I unpaused it and back to sleep. Again a couple of hours go by and I notice it stopped again. Rinse and repeat. I have no idea why the Tinnitus Mix was randomly stopping. Furthermore I have no idea how long it was playing before stopped or how long I ended up listening to it during the night. My guess is that it wasn't much. I have to find another method of playing this. I'll see if I can dig up my old iPod for this or buy a used one. I can try using my iPhone but I would have to use the lightning to analog converter and I don't know if this will affect the sound.

I wouldn't count this day as valid due to this audio issue but for whatever it's worth, my tinnitus was about an 8 and this morning I woke up it being around a 5. My tinnitus has huge fluctuations day to day so this may or may not be contributed to the Tinnitus Mix especially taking into account the audio issue.

Any suggestions on the random pausing on the iPad would be appreciated.

Day #1 (1/28/2019)

I'm going to use this thread to journal my experience and results for both a personal log as well as information that can help others.

The Koss KTX-PRO1 headphone arrived. I downloaded VLC player for my iPad and loaded David's Tinnitus Mix into VLC through google drive. I did a quick test to make sure repeat worked and everything looked good initially. I've slept with headphone before so I knew how comfortable (or uncomfortable) this was going to be. I'm happy to be trying something new and it's not forever so I don't care about comfort at this point as long as this god awful noise is gone.

I went to bed around 11pm. Started VLC and the Tinnitus Mix. I initially placed the volume around the 30% mark but quickly found out that it was way too loud for my ear. I eventually found the sweet spot on the iPad and that was 3 bars or roughly 20%. I then used the analog volume control on the headphone to fine tune it until it was at a comfortable level.

My initial impressions after listening to it for several minutes was that it was quite unique. Unique in the sense that the sound seemed to penetrate farther than any other tinnitus masking sound I've listened to. It was like a brain massage for lack of a better phrase. The volume did not contribute to this massaging effect quite oddly as you may think that playing any sound loud will have this effect. I even lowered it down thinking it was too loud but it still had the same penetrating effect.

All seemed to have been going great until I woke up a couple of hours into sleep finding that the mix had stopped. I woke the iPad and found it paused so I unpaused it and back to sleep. Again a couple of hours go by and I notice it stopped again. Rinse and repeat. I have no idea why the Tinnitus Mix was randomly stopping. Furthermore I have no idea how long it was playing before stopped or how long I ended up listening to it during the night. My guess is that it wasn't much. I have to find another method of playing this. I'll see if I can dig up my old iPod for this or buy a used one. I can try using my iPhone but I would have to use the lightning to analog converter and I don't know if this will affect the sound.

I wouldn't count this day as valid due to this audio issue but for whatever it's worth, my tinnitus was about an 8 and this morning I woke up it being around a 5. My tinnitus has huge fluctuations day to day so this may or may not be contributed to the Tinnitus Mix especially taking into account the audio issue.

I had to put tape on the slider for the volume of the Koss because the slider moved when I was sleeping and turning in bed, i thought the iPad was on pause but it was the slider that moved so please watch out for this as you could accidentally slide it up during the night as well.

I also use the file on the iPhone with the lightning connector and I notice no difference in sound quality.

Maybe you put the loop on 1 time instead of endless loop on the VLC player.
I also put the volume on 3 bars which is loud enough I think, especially at night.
I notice when I put it louder is impossible to fall asleep.

Good luck and thanks for the info, will keep updating as well but first want to be sure I tried it long enough.

I had to put tape on the slider for the volume of the Koss because the slider moved when I was sleeping and turning in bed, i thought the iPad was on pause but it was the slider that moved so please watch out for this as you could accidentally slide it up during the night as well.

I also use the file on the iPhone with the lightning connector and I notice no difference in sound quality.

I also put the volume on 3 bars which is loud enough I think, especially at night.

Good luck and thanks for the info, will keep updating as well but first want to be sure I tried it long enough.
Thanks for the tip. I'll place some tape on the volume control to make sure it doesn't accidentally shift. As far as the pausing issue goes. It was definitely paused. I don't remember clearly since I woke up for a second to see that it had stopped but I think as soon as I woke the iPad, it started playing again. Like the device had fallen asleep or something. Maybe this is specific to the iPad and not the iPhone so I'll give it a try with the iPhone and lightning to analog converter tonight but before I do, I'll set it up and have it play without listening to it for a few hours to make sure it doesn't stop by itself again.

Next update tomorrow morning.

Day #1 (1/28/2019)

That's great your tinnitus is down, yes we have a big problem with devices stopping (it must play all night!!!) raising volume on its own, etc. I personally use a Sony ux-560 digital recorder, it has a button lock feature so you don't press buttons in your sleep. It also has an onboard equalizer that I use to raise high frequencies and lower the bass. It works better that just the raw file.

Please, everyone that is using the TinnitusMix, keep us informed of success and or questions.

Lol, what if @R. David Case is totally right? I know electronics backwards and forwards and the only problem I have with his explanation is his use of the term scalar waves.
As I said I agree with you, they should not be called scaler waves, but that's the term or nickname that stuck. I am impressed with your knowledge of electronics, I am just trying to explain to people that electronics can be used for good or for nefarious reasons against humanity.

The main problem is scientists think if they figure out how the weather works...they own it, if they figure out how our minds work...they own all of us. That's an elitist attitude and puts us all in danger from out of control experimentation and theft of nature and humanity itself.

t gone susan.PNG

Thank you for sticking around and helping others, keep us informed on success.

tinnitus has loop.PNG

We have cured another person in the test group, I get a steady stream of reports, emails, letters. It really feels great to help others. I believe we get life energy when we help others.

t gone depak.PNG

t gone delep 2.PNG

We have cured another person in the test group, I get a steady stream of reports, emails, letters. It really feels great to help others. I believe we get life energy when we help others.

View attachment 26223

View attachment 26224
That's good news.

Do you already have all the results of the test group from Facebook and can you please publish the results?

As I said I agree with you, they should not be called scaler waves, but that's the term or nickname that stuck. I am impressed with your knowledge of electronics, I am just trying to explain to people that electronics can be used for good or for nefarious reasons against humanity.

The main problem is scientists think if they figure out how the weather works...they own it, if they figure out how our minds work...they own all of us. That's an elitist attitude and puts us all in danger from out of control experimentation and theft of nature and humanity itself.

View attachment 26221
It's okay, we'll eventually take the earth back from this savage beast. Hopefully soon in our lifetime.

@R. David Case, I have very bad static hiss in my head today so I am ready to try your sound mix tonight. I got the Koss headphones you described and just have to get your 1 hour 15 min. mix to loop or repeat on an iPad Pro.

I used to get relief with meds but not lately and am frustrated and annoyed. I'm ready to "cry uncle" with this noise.

Day #2 (1/29/2019)

Tinnitus Level Before Sleep: 4
Tinnitus Level After Sleep: 4

After the audio pausing failure with using the iPad Pro and VLC player, I decided to do the same setup on my iPhone and I'm happy to report that I had no issues using the iPhone. I think the iPad isn't designed to be used while the screen is off which is why I think I was having the issues with the audio pausing after a while.

The volume was similar on the iPhone. I set it to 3 bars then fine tuned it using the volume control on the Koss headphones.

I didn't experience much of a different between yesterday and today in terms of the level of my tinnitus. The constant tinnitus is about the same but I'm experiencing more of the higher pitched Morse code overtones today compared to yesterday.

The electronic muscle stimulation device that I wanted to try as well arrived yesterday. I don't know if I should incorporate this into the trial or wait to try it after. I have to do some experiments to see where I should place the electrodes. Intuition says around the ear but I have to test it out. I'll report on whether or not I tried using the stimulation device in conjunction with David's Tinnitus Mix. It's already quite uncomfortable sleeping with headphones so adding more wires around the head isn't going to be fun. Will push on...

Next update tomorrow.

Day #2 (1/29/2019)

After the audio pausing failure with using the iPad Pro and VLC player, I decided to do the same setup on my iPhone and I'm happy to report that I had no issues using the iPhone. I think the iPad isn't designed to be used while the screen is off which is why I think I was having the issues with the audio pausing after a while.

The volume was similar on the iPhone. I set it to 3 bars then fine tuned it using the volume control on the Koss headphones.

I didn't experience much of a different between yesterday and today in terms of the level of my tinnitus. The constant tinnitus is about the same but I'm experiencing more of the higher pitched Morse code overtones today compared to yesterday.

The electronic muscle stimulation device that I wanted to try as well arrived yesterday. I don't know if I should incorporate this into the trial or wait to try it after. I have to do some experiments to see where I should place the electrodes. Intuition says around the ear but I have to test it out. I'll report on whether or not I tried using the stimulation device in conjunction with David's Tinnitus Mix. It's already quite uncomfortable sleeping with headphones so adding more wires around the head isn't going to be fun. Will push on...

Next update tomorrow.
Well for me this is the first time since trying it 3 weeks ago that I used it three nights in a row for at least 7 hours because I have a week off and I can say it's definitely doing something for me.

It lowers my tinnitus to a 2/10 and makes it more a steady hiss which is a lot more bearable.

First I thought my improvement was because of the supplements I was taking but i quit all of these a week ago to be sure.

I was taking apple cider vinegar, curcumin,
NAC, krill oil, magnesium and vitamin D drops.

I am going to keep using it every night now for the coming week since I don't have to work and will keep reporting.

@Nick M I'm using a SleepPhones headband and I put the Koss speakers in there which makes it a lot more comfortable to sleep with. It was impossible to sleep with the headphones on for me.

I'll give an update too. My tinnitus is still fluctuating a lot from day to day, but yesterday was the best day in like a year. I'd say I've now completely recovered from the horrific spike I had in March 2018 tinnitus wise, hyperacusis might be a bit worse than before that but not by much. Overall my tinnitus is very mild most of the time.

I've made tons of progress with the laser and now this Tinnitus Mix sound file. When I first started testing out the sound I quit the laser for over a week, to be safe, but now I've been doing the laser again for the past 10 days. When I was using the sound during the day, which I don't do anymore, I got a spike while doing the laser only 10 minutes after the sound.

But when I use the laser during the day, about 5 hours after waking up after using the sound all night, there are no spikes. The laser seems safe together with the sound file, at least for me.

Also, I don't use any headband or SleepPhones or whatever. What I do is use my method I described a few pages back, I put my fingers trough each other and place my hands on my stomach, like they do to dead bodies in coffins. I toss so much otherwise that it would not be an option to sleep with a headband anyways, I'd get choked by the relatively short wire of the earphones.

It seems to work for me, I wake up 1 to 2 times a night because my back and butt get sore, after which I need to move a bit and get back to sleep fast. That way I don't turn to my side, not once, during the night and there's no need for a headband or anything.

I think I could not sleep on my side anyways with the headphones on, they'd be pressing against my ear too much and also, they look flimsy, might break the part that goes over your head.

I'll give an update too. My tinnitus is still fluctuating a lot from day to day, but yesterday was the best day in like a year. I'd say I've now completely recovered from the horrific spike I had in March 2018 tinnitus wise, hyperacusis might be a bit worse than before that but not by much. Overall my tinnitus is very mild most of the time.

I've made tons of progress with the laser and now this Tinnitus Mix sound file. When I first started testing out the sound I quit the laser for over a week, to be safe, but now I've been doing the laser again for the past 10 days. When I was using the sound during the day, which I don't do anymore, I got a spike while doing the laser only 10 minutes after the sound.

But when I use the laser during the day, about 5 hours after waking up after using the sound all night, there are no spikes. The laser seems safe together with the sound file, at least for me.

Also, I don't use any headband or SleepPhones or whatever. What I do is use my method I described a few pages back, I put my fingers trough each other and place my hands on my stomach, like they do to dead bodies in coffins. I toss so much otherwise that it would not be an option to sleep with a headband anyways, I'd get choked by the relatively short wire of the earphones.

It seems to work for me, I wake up 1 to 2 times a night because my back and butt get sore, after which I need to move a bit and get back to sleep fast. That way I don't turn to my side, not once, during the night and there's no need for a headband or anything.

I think I could not sleep on my side anyways with the headphones on, they'd be pressing against my ear too much and also, they look flimsy, might break the part that goes over your head.
Thanks for the update, if you cut a hole in foam pillow the earpiece will fit right in the hole and you won't even know your headphones are on.

Well for me this is the first time since trying it 3 weeks ago that I used it three nights in a row for at least 7 hours because I have a week off and I can say it's definitely doing something for me.

It lowers my tinnitus to a 2/10 and makes it more a steady hiss which is a lot more bearable.

First I thought my improvement was because of the supplements I was taking but i quit all of these a week ago to be sure.

I was taking apple cider vinegar, curcumin,
NAC, krill oil, magnesium and vitamin D drops.

I am going to keep using it every night now for the coming week since I don't have to work and will keep reporting.

@Nick M I'm using a SleepPhones headband and I put the Koss speakers in there which makes it a lot more comfortable to sleep with. It was impossible to sleep with the headphones on for me.
That's great!! Yea it's best to just use one remedy or just Tinnitus Mix, that way you know what caused the drop in tinnitus. If you are doing 3 things at once there is no way of knowing what helped.

Day #2 (1/29/2019)

Next update tomorrow.
Thanks for update, you should only use one remedy at a time that way you know what lowered your tinnitus. If you use 2 or 3 remedies at once it just adds questions and blurs the results!!!

@R. David Case, I have very bad static hiss in my head today so I am ready to try your sound mix tonight. I got the Koss headphones you described and just have to get your 1 hour 15 min. mix to loop or repeat on an iPad Pro.

I used to get relief with meds but not lately and am frustrated and annoyed. I'm ready to "cry uncle" with this noise.
Yea I know how you feel, it is a horrible torture that I would not wish on my worst enemy!! Use on very low volume for first week.

Continuous residual inhibition everyone? :rockingbanana:
No idea what you exactly mean but it's not a placebo effect in my case, placebo effect only lasts two weeks max according to research and I am in the third week and I haven't even been using it every day.
I am certainly not a believer in conspiracy theories and all that and very skeptical but if it works well then it works.
Actually the reason I started to listen to this file was to see if my tinnitus would be aggravated by using headphones because of the Neuromod device coming out soon.
I don't want to waste time, money and most importantly hope waiting for a device which I wouldn't even be able to use.

@gorzakus residual inhibition is a phenomenon that many people with tinnitus experience, in which a certain type of sound can quiet tinnitus for a short period of time but sometimes longer. I think it is possible that for those having success with the sound therapy of @R. David Case that residual inhibition may be part of the explanation for how it helps.

This website gives good information:

http://www.residualinhibition.com/residual-inhibition.pdf

From the site:

What is residual inhibition?

Residual inhibition is a temporary quieting of tinnitus that can happen after listening to the right type of sound. A sound that can cause this to happen is called here a quieting sound or a trigger sound. Although the effect of a single quieting sound is temporary, for many people tinnitus can be kept reduced for much longer periods, by simply keeping a repeating form of the quieting sound playing.

@gorzakus residual inhibition is a phenomenon that many people with tinnitus experience, in which a certain type of sound can quiet tinnitus for a short period of time but sometimes longer. I think it is possible that for those having success with the sound therapy of @R. David Case that residual inhibition may be part of the explanation for how it helps.

This website gives good information:

http://www.residualinhibition.com/residual-inhibition.pdf

From the site:

What is residual inhibition?

Residual inhibition is a temporary quieting of tinnitus that can happen after listening to the right type of sound. A sound that can cause this to happen is called here a quieting sound or a trigger sound. Although the effect of a single quieting sound is temporary, for many people tinnitus can be kept reduced for much longer periods, by simply keeping a repeating form of the quieting sound playing.
Ok thanks for the info, well if these longer periods can become years then I guess it's good news...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now