MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could add this question to the Q&A: how much does it cost to produce your device in the Chinese factory?

I know that's very negative of me to say but I just don't understand why when there is so many potential customers - IF IT WORKS - why not price it at say £500 quid or less. Maybe even the cost of a cheap TENS machine? Is it that different?!
It isn't so simple as "how much does it cost to produce". This is a new breed of treatment which has years of R&D and what must be the largest clinical trial for tinnitus behind it.

If there was a new tinnitus drug you wouldn't expect to buy it at a shop for 60p a box.

If we were talking about something like in-ear white noise generators I would agree with you. WNG's are a generic product that are as simple as ordering from a spec sheet and getting delivered from a factory in a different part of the world. Other people over the years have already done the technical work.

Hi,

Regarding the original MuteButton, there seems to be a general consensus it didn't work.

Did the customers who bought it get a refund or were they just left to bear the cost?
This is covered in the video, the first thing we ask is about the original launch and what has been learned since then.

Update

Neuromod has today requested a significant number of edits to the video. This will take a long time for me to implement.

Among some larger ones, many of these are "small" ones, cutting a word or a sentence out here or there, and that's tricky and tedious when there's very little space before and after a spoken word.

I unfortunately cannot now promise the video will be out this week, but I will try my best.

Update

Neuromod has today requested a significant number of edits to the video. This will take a long time for me to implement.

Among some larger ones, many of these are "small" ones, cutting a word or a sentence out here or there, and that's tricky and tedious when there's very little space before and after a spoken word.

I unfortunately cannot now promise the video will be out this week, but I will try my best.
Irish perfectionism!

Yes but how much research went into it? The people doing said research are likely at the top of their professions and won't come cheap. I mean if this works it is a life saver for someone like yourself right?
Can't argue with that bud. Don't get me wrong I'm intrigued to see what they can do with this....... but I'm incapable of being in any way excited after the year I've had.

Update

I wonder if it would just be easier to have a text based Q&A with all the info, at least for the important parts...?

Hi, can't wait to test this!

Last therapy I tried was low-level laser therapy. In Germany. Helped nothing... Paid 1800 euro...

But will do it again for a chance to have a normal life again.

I am a professional volleyball player and due to tinnitus I don't sleep well. So really bad combo. Top sport and tinnitus...

Thumbs up for all of the good work here.

Update

I know Neuromod is trying to keep the integrity of their peer review intact. It makes me wonder what they want cut out though. What could they have possibly told Steve on camera that they don't want the rest of us to hear?

Update

Thanks for the hard work! Are you positive about the device?

I know Neuromod is trying to keep the integrity of their peer review intact. It makes me wonder what they want cut out though. What could they have possibly told Steve on camera that they don't want the rest of us to hear?
Having seen the full raw footage and looking at the request for changes, it doesn't appear to me that they want to hide anything from the public that was said to @Steve. It's just that the whole Q&A was done over one sitting, face-to-face chat, so there are bits and pieces where some incorrect things or references were said, some matters needing more clarification, etc. That's what can happen when you talk for over an hour nearly non-stop. And to avoid confusion among the general public, they want to correct these mishaps before putting it out there.

Are you positive about the device?
I will want to reserve my judgment and not let my hopes get too high until the peer-reviewed article is published and people are starting to report their experiences using the device. I avoid being part of any hype (see cases AM-101, AUT00063, etc). I obviously wish the device will be efficacious for many people, including myself. Personally, if I could get my tinnitus loudness down 1/3rds, it would already make a significant difference.

While somewhat irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I'm also interested to learn what the device will be called. I can already divulge that the new name didn't come up in the Q&A. MuteButton as a name seemed to promise too much. We tinnitus sufferers are tired of over-promises only to be under-delivered. And I believe Neuromod knows this, so I'm glad they're going through extensive trials and proper peer-review route.

@Steve and @Markku,

Can you at least tell us at this point that we have hope for a decent treatment around the corner without going into detail? My head's been hissing all day, everyday, for yonks, so loud that it even masks my usual tinnitus that I came here to begin with.

Would it be possible to fly to Ireland to buy and set the device by an ENT or Audiologist or do the rest of the world have to wait for the local launch?

If possible you will see me in January in Ireland :) hanging around with RCP1 in a bar listening to MuteButton's symphony and stimulating our tongues.

Would it be possible to fly to Ireland to buy and set the device by an ENT or Audiologist or do the rest of the world have to wait for the local launch?

If possible you will see me in January in Ireland :) hanging around with RCP1 in a bar listening to MuteButton's symphony and stimulating our tongues.
I spend a lot of time in bars since my spike in September... You are very welcome to join me!

Neuromod-MuteButton-2018-Tinnitus-Expo.jpg

Last update before the video going out? I hope.

I and @Hazel started the work yesterday by brainstorming together how we can best implement the changes Neuromod requested. We spent a couple of hours on that. Thanks Hazel, you are just fantastic. Afterwards I executed the changes along with some other tweaks. It was a painstaking process, however not as arduous as I had first feared, from 6 pm till 2 am but I believe we now have a very good video. There were a couple of changes that we ended up implementing differently to keep the flow of speech natural.

We sent the video to Neuromod for review earlier today. Unfortunately they have other commitments all day and evening today so they are planning to review it tomorrow.

While there's no guarantees, I am now feeling positive we can publish it on Thursday or Friday this week. Based on the feedback above, we will first publish it without subtitles to avoid any further delay.

A sneak peek of @Steve testing the demo unit. ;)

steve-neuromod-mutebutton-experiment.png

The name MuteButton sounds so god damn bogus. I was always turned off by the name itself. I keep thinking of the SoundCure dud. How about a 4 inch long needle into your arse with lidocaine in it? You may jump like a kangaroo but it could work.

Where are those 700 patients that have been treated with this device?
They most likely all had to sign non-disclosures, which is common practice these days.

There was a huge issue that happened a couple years ago with a drug where people communicated to each other and figured out who were in the control / test group. This obviously ruined the double-blind placebo study and made the results worthless.

The tinnitus community is rather small so people who are in these trials will get to talking unless they sign a non-disclosure.

All I can say is the proof is in the pudding. Look at @Steve's face there. Can you not see the relief and delight and that was after 2 minutes...

It's so close now that skepticism is almost irrelevant. It'll be tried very soon by folk who aren't signing NDA's and we'll all know what the story is.

All I can say is the proof is in the pudding. Look at @Steve's face there. Can you not see the relief and delight and that was after 2 minutes...

It's so close now that skepticism is almost irrelevant. It'll be tried very soon by folk who aren't signing NDA's and we'll all know what the story is.
I'll fund your beer habits while you fund our collective tinnitus device testing habit lol

A sneak peek of @Steve testing the demo unit. ;)

That's great! There is hope! One step in the right direction. I pray many, many people can find relief, healing with this device. I'm excited just thinking that there are people, in different places of the world, working hard trying to get us some help. God bless them all so richly. We have more reasons to celebrate this Christmas.

I'm buying my husband a ticket to Ireland! Sending him to get the device for me!! LOL. He'll love it, he is Irish and hasn't visited in many years. Then hopefully I can come visit beautiful Ireland too.
Erin go bragh!

Hugs to all,
Once...

Where did you get this image from?? Do you have the back of it too??? Thanks for sharing!
That photo was taken by @Candy at the BTA Talking Tinnitus Expo in September. She didn't upload the other side of it so I guess it didn't include anything meaningful (or additional) - however, can you please confirm Candy?

700 patients and not a single feedback on the internet. What does it mean? They have been satisfied and didn't see any reason to complain?

Is it a good sign or a bad sign? What do you think?

700 patients and not a single feedback on the internet. What does it mean? They have been satisfied and didn't see any reason to complain?

NDA, they will track you down if you violate the terms.

Playing devil's advocate - maybe they've not had 700 people?? It is a lot of people to keep quiet.

What would be the personal consequence to a trial participant of breaking an NDA?

It's an irrelevant sign. It's going to be tried after Christmas and then we'll know. If it were a few years from market then I'd understand the question - It's a few days... I'll be trying it for one... All this debate is futile...

Let's try the b&stard and see if it works... (Tyson Fury attitude)

Bring it on - It's my last hand in the game... I'm hoping for pocket aces... :) (Phil Helmuth Style)

Today I received an award from Tinnitus Talk to say I had 250 postings and that I was a "Can't stop"...

I sincerely apologize if I have titillated everyone on the boards with my posts - I have tried to be witty, respectful and optimistic... I won't be around forever that's for sure so while I am around I intend to be of use and help others. As Elton would say my candle is close to burning out... Come on Neuromod get me back there! Let's go baby!!!

Bring auld Bobby C back to life!

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now