MuteButton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to remember that if this product is released, and anecdotal reports - especially those on this site - indicate it does not work, while the company will make a little scratch in the short term, it will ultimately fail. This is how business is done. If you don't make a product that works or offers value to a customer, your sunk.

I find it really hard to believe that they would hire all these new impressive people, do the trials, offer to do the Q & A, if they didn't have true value to offer. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but it seems like a shite of work to do, if they're going to launch a SECOND iteration of this product - to have it fail again.

What do they really care if it fails again?!? With two other similar devices being developed which are highly likely to be more effective, they know this is their last chance to put something on the market and try and take another slice of the tinnitus desperation pie. And it it fails again who cares and who will even hold them remotely accountable?!? Nobody...... Because nobody give a flying fuck about people with ringing ears and their invisible plight.

It's unfortunate but the English language isn't equipped to describe these sensations. It's not like describing the sensation of a beneficial neuroplastic response to a maladaptive response is a common thing for people to discuss... either way you just don't know until you are in their shoes. As someone who IS in their shoes and has experienced every possible timing over the course of nearly 30 treatments, these different explanations all jive with different experiences I have personally felt.

It may be hard to comprehend but I have been privy to experiencing no sound and to no emotional reaction to sound via these treatments... and there isn't a whole hell of a lot of difference. If I had the choice of 5 years of no sound or 6 years with no emotional reaction to a sound that was 85db to mask... I'd take 6 with no emotional reaction every time.

But I've been there and can talk about it openly, rationally, and objectively.

If you would like to hear more... I'd love to talk about it. But my assumption is most are incapable of separating this idea from the loaded concept of habituation... no matter the differences or similarities they share.
Does the Minnesota team use pulses on the tongue as well? Or is it external like Susan Shore's?

It's unfortunate but the English language isn't equipped to describe these sensations. It's not like describing the sensation of a beneficial neuroplastic response to a maladaptive response is a common thing for people to discuss... either way you just don't know until you are in their shoes. As someone who IS in their shoes and has experienced every possible timing over the course of nearly 30 treatments, these different explanations all jive with different experiences I have personally felt.

It may be hard to comprehend but I have been privy to experiencing no sound and to no emotional reaction to sound via these treatments... and there isn't a whole hell of a lot of difference. If I had the choice of 5 years of no sound or 6 years with no emotional reaction to a sound that was 85db to mask... I'd take 6 with no emotional reaction every time.

If you would like to hear more... I'd love to talk about it. But my assumption is most are incapable of separating this idea from the loaded concept of habituation... no matter the differences or similarities they share.
I'd love to hear more about your experiences with this technology. You are the one individual here to have hands on extensive use of it. The problem is, I'm not sure I know the right questions to ask. I understand experiencing no sound through this treatment. The part I'm curious about is where you said "no emotional reaction to sounds via these treatments". Is that aspect a product of the treatment?

What do they really care if it fails again?!? With two other similar devices being developed which are highly likely to be more effective, they know this is their last chance to put something on the market and try and take another slice of the tinnitus desperation pie. And it it fails again who cares and who will even hold them remotely accountable?!? Nobody...... Because nobody give a flying fuck about people with ringing ears and their invisible plight.
Yep you're right man. I don't think I'll try it now. Thanks for saving me a few quid.

Eh no - I will deffo be trying this.

I'm sorry you doubt us brother Rabbitte. The Irish never lie.

Got the OK for releasing the Q&A video - it will be up in a few hours :)

I'm glad you had a good experience, but from what you say here, this is NOT a cure for tinnitus. It's another psychological treatment designed to make you not care that you have tinnitus. For those of us who want 'no sound' this is useless.

What is the difference between intensity and volume?
I have learned something here is that all of us have tinnitus but all of us are also experiencing totally different type of sounds, intensity, variations etc.

I have multitonal tinnitus in both ears and a global "head" 11 kHz pulsatile and somatic tinnitus that respond to almost any movement I do with my neck or jaw, even just touching part of my face on the left is triggering a huge difference in the intensity, volume and perception of my tinnitus, on the right too but that's almost nothing compared the other side.

So intensity can be the level of fluctuation from the things that make my tinnitus react for example.

It seems they have good data on whom this would work the best... let's wait for it.

Hey Bam,

Do you think the people in the testimonial videos are legit? I'm like 80 percent in belief of them but there is always that bit of doubt that they are actors.

It's another psychological treatment designed to make you not care that you have tinnitus.
One woman said her tinnitus went away, another said a certain tone went away, one guy said his tolerance went from a 10 down to a 3 (not sure if he meant volume), another man said his tinnitus reduced in volume and he can barely hear it anymore... that's definitely not just another habituation device like the Levo system if these people are telling the truth. The device does not work for everyone but Neuromod isn't claiming that.

Last edited:
Hey Bam,

Do you think the people in the testimonial videos are legit? I'm like 80 percent in belief of them but there is always that bit of doubt that they are actors.

Who knows mate. Hmmm. Here's a few thoughts......

Aidan has an air of legitimacy simply because he looks like an extra from the walking dead. That's a real deal tortured looking motherfucker right there. But his story and his dead eyes look a lot like fucking 'habituation' to me. Why if his condition has improved does he still look like he hasn't slept since 1998?

And why if after 4-5 years of tinnitus just 'stopping' is Patricia not bouncing off the bloody walls with enthusiasm?!? She's the first person ever to be 'cured' of tinnitus by a medical device and yet the way she's talking you would think she had won 500 quid on the postcode lottery.

And one of those old guys. The builder?!? He wasn't even talking about tinnitus. He just kept going on about the TV volume like he was just a deaf bloke who had stumbled in to the wrong trial and they had someone placeboed him in to thinking his hearing had improved.

These videos have left me even more undecided about this device unfortunately. It's all very sketchy and they all look a lot like this Levo publicity video which is 100% bullshit.

Yep you're right man. I don't think I'll try it now. Thanks for saving me a few quid.

Who am I trying to kid. I'm on a ferry the minute they release this thing. Do I think it will work? Slim chance maybe. Do we have anything more than that right now? No. So whichever way you want to play it it's.......

Tinnitus Sufferers 0 - Neuromod 1

And don't think for a second they don't know that.

Hey Bam,

If they are actors they are some of the best ones I've ever seen. I highly doubt they are acting, but nonetheless there are few things which I can't get my head around.

First one and most worrying is most of them attribute stress to their tinnitus as well as hearing loss. I don't buy stress being a massive permanent contributor, either you have permanent hearing loss or you don't.

Second is how would your hearing get better with this device, like one guy seemed to make out by saying he doesn't need his TV on as loud anymore. Unless the tinnitus was louder than anything else he found it hard hearing the TV. One woman says her tinnitus magically appeared one day and then magically it went away completely, hmm.

I don't doubt they have tinnitus and they are real people but I found it hard to identify my situation with any of theirs. I have tinnitus, I suspect I have some hearing loss which is permanent. I never get crazy spikes from everyday noises either.

However since tinnitus is completely subjective I'm not too fussed about why someone says it's now 'better' that's good enough for me.

I can understand that it's possible that nothing could change sound level wise but still feel somehow more able to deal with it and happier as a result.

The testimonies seem I don't know a bit wooden and scripted, maybe that's because they are on video and feel uncomfortable possibly?

The lady who said hers went away why wasn't she more excited? I'd be running around naked waving my bits about if mine went away.

I'm still hopeful so I'll wait and see until more information is released, a drop in volume would be amazing all by itself.

I wonder if you need to keep using it continuously and if so would it benefit you more the longer you use it?

I used to work in TV some time back and you put normal everyday people in front of a camera and they don't act like their normal self. It is nerve racking to sit in front of a camera if you are not used to it. Nerves get the best of people sometimes. We are just reading way too much into this. Let's wait for the Q&A video and then make judgement then.

Mate if this device cures my tinnitus I will literally change my nationality. I will bleed fucking green, drink Guinness and nothing else, tattoo Michael Flatley's face on my back and sing Danny boy whilst riverdancing during my wedding at Slane castle....to an Irishwoman.

The testimonies seem I don't know a bit wooden and scripted, maybe that's because they are on video and feel uncomfortable possibly?

The lady who said hers went away why wasn't she more excited? I'd be running around naked waving my bits about if mine went away.

I'm still hopeful so I'll wait and see until more information is released, a drop in volume would be amazing all by itself.

I wonder if you need to keep using it continuously and if so would it benefit you more the longer you use it?

Yeah she was casual as f***. If that was me I would have been talking about being saved from self euthanasia through tears of unbridled joy.

Mate if this device cures my tinnitus I will literally change my nationality. I will bleed fucking green, drink Guinness and nothing else, tattoo Michael Flatley's face on my back and sing Danny boy whilst riverdancing during my wedding at Slane castle....to an Irishwoman.
Ergh Guinness is disgusting but if it rids me of this crap I will happily down one pint only.

Yeah she was casual as f***. If that was me I would have been talking about being saved from self euthanasia through tears of unbridled joy.

Yeah that's the one that stuck out the most as in hmmmm that's a very strange non reaction. That being said it could simply be she was nervous being on camera or just somebody who doesn't show that much emotion?

I'll wait for more info and hopefully more testimonials before I make my mind up. Maybe we are reading too much into the reactions, I think we are just too excited/happy that this may actually help some people at least with some volume reduction.

Still bit skeptical but I think that's healthy as I don't want to get too excited.

2owhgn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now