• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Please keep in mind that I just started . I also had a bad day today , maybe I need to increase the dosage already.
There is no such thing as a miracle drug in my opinion. I seem to be the only one with such a reaction to this drug butI am very sensitive to all drugs.I am reporting to the best of my abilities as I go along this path. Also , I am sure someone will imagine that I am just sitting here in silence but its far from that simple, I do get relief but it is temporary. It might even be worse inbetween dosages or just perception when it returns ?
It might all change tomorrow.

wow, trobalt sounds like a miracle drug

+ it's working on tinnitus which is OVER 2 years old.

are there any other similar cases?

note: 100mg is low dose. maybe a higher dose would make effect last longer/even permanent?

there is no permanent effect, we tried all and mpt had permanent for now effect, and we cant make conclusion based on one person if 12 of us dont get permanent effect.
he may be lucky or he lover his t, so t passed away naturaly.

Attention! Someone on a Benzo withdrawal support site experimenting with Potiga also independently reported significant improvement of her benzo-induced T with it. She only takes Potiga 2 times a week

"Actually, very well. I only take 600mg twice a week. My T is better than ever. The side effects scare me so I am taking it easy. I did a titration experiment with potiga and crushed the pill and put it into water. I drank to simulate a taper dose,,,,,,,, HOLY SMOKES, it hit me like 4 Xanax!! Then I read the bottle DO NOT CRUSH PILLS! I guess they are time release without saying "XR".
It's a anti seizure drug so it's no wonder it behaves like a tranquillizer.

From what I have read online some think pushing the potassium channel can send the DNC back into healing mode repairing a chemical imbalance. Like taping on a loose nail to drive it back in to the right spot (I think that is what the headache means but I really do not know)

Also read you can't mix potiga with gabapentin or Valproic acid!!! So I quit gabapentin too.

Ears are the best ever with the 2 times a week potiga treatments. I know its working since the potiga gives me a headache and during the potiga headaches the T is very low. I stopped for a week and the T is still lower than before. So far it's working for me.

I REALLY suspect that potiga must be addictive so I take it only twice a week and then once a month washout for 7 days. When I took the crushed powder I knew it was an abuse-able drug!!

Potiga ultimately manipulates calcium via the K channel but in a different way than a benzo manipulates calcium. Let's call it OPPOSITE of a benzo, kind of."

Attention! Someone on a Benzo withdrawal support site experimenting with Potiga also independently reported significant improvement of her benzo-induced T with it. She only takes Potiga 2 times a week

"Actually, very well. I only take 600mg twice a week. My T is better than ever. The side effects scare me so I am taking it easy. I did a titration experiment with potiga and crushed the pill and put it into water. I drank to simulate a taper dose,,,,,,,, HOLY SMOKES, it hit me like 4 Xanax!! Then I read the bottle DO NOT CRUSH PILLS! I guess they are time release without saying "XR".
It's a anti seizure drug so it's no wonder it behaves like a tranquillizer.

From what I have read online some think pushing the potassium channel can send the DNC back into healing mode repairing a chemical imbalance. Like taping on a loose nail to drive it back in to the right spot (I think that is what the headache means but I really do not know)

Also read you can't mix potiga with gabapentin or Valproic acid!!! So I quit gabapentin too.

Ears are the best ever with the 2 times a week potiga treatments. I know its working since the potiga gives me a headache and during the potiga headaches the T is very low. I stopped for a week and the T is still lower than before. So far it's working for me.

I REALLY suspect that potiga must be addictive so I take it only twice a week and then once a month washout for 7 days. When I took the crushed powder I knew it was an abuse-able drug!!

Potiga ultimately manipulates calcium via the K channel but in a different way than a benzo manipulates calcium. Let's call it OPPOSITE of a benzo, kind of."
I don't know if she has a grasp on the MOA but whatever if it works for her that's great. Ask her to sign up for tinnitus talk

Bad news guys/gals....The effect of trobalt on 200mg seems to be less effective than it was on 100mg and since I ran out of the 100mg tablets...Yeah, I'm in a bad place again!

Right. So hearing it over everything and then not hearing it, cannot be placebo.
Still, if you have to plug your ears to hear it now, then its still within mild range, don't panic.

No, no...It's starting to go back to baseline, just slowly.

I don't know if she has a grasp on the MOA but whatever if it works for her that's great. Ask her to sign up for tinnitus talk
Benzo induced T+H probably because Benzo (more specifically Benzo tolerance/withdrawal) caused a down regulation of GABAA receptors and the subsequent GABA/Glutamate inhibitory/excitation imbalance, along the central auditory pathway. This is also the same proposed mechanism for noise induced T and AM-101 is specifically designed to target NMDA receptor after noise exposure. However in my opinion the GABA/Glutamate imbalance is only part of the story, the imbalance somehow resulted in potassium channel anomaly and sustained T. Just a speculation but it seems that I have seen someone also reported Xanax induced T being annihilated by Trobalt on this site.

Benzo induced T+H probably because Benzo (more specifically Benzo tolerance/withdrawal) caused a down regulation of GABAA receptors and the subsequent GABA/Glutamate inhibitory/excitation imbalance, along the central auditory pathway. This is also the same proposed mechanism for noise induced T and AM-101 is specifically designed to target NMDA receptor after noise exposure. However in my opinion the GABA/Glutamate imbalance is only part of the story, the imbalance somehow resulted in potassium channel anomaly and sustained T. Just a speculation but it seems that I have seen someone also reported Xanax induced T being annihilated by Trobalt on this site.
Who was that?

What about us poor *** that got this crap from ear infections @xanaxvictim, is there nothing for us? I don't think we know yet on this drug or others.

Also read past posts by @benryu .... He has said the same thing as what you're suggesting from what I remember. I think there is some sort of missing link between the glutamate excess and K channel dysfunction though.

He speculates. that doesn't sound sure to me . Why don't you try it and see for yourself? Then you'll know.
Of course I can't be sure unless I experiment with it myself, but I suppose it's a very dangerous drug which Drs don't normally prescribe to T sufferers. @Mpt got it from a relative who's also a Dr.
Just want to be more cautious, I got this crap with prescribed CNS medication.

My T was caused by Benzo withdrawal. Retagabine seems highly effective for me , especially in the first few days.
Was not so effective yesterday for some reason.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now