Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

very happy for you keep posting. Thanks. I am in am 101 (going for second round) and if i do not get significant changes in this round will opt out and try trobalt.

@papu @Xorthian

At the beginning I took 400mg/day (one pill after breakfast another after dinner) my central tinnitus disappeared three days later I increased the dose to 600 / day (1.5 pill of 200g after breakfast another 1.5 pill after dinner) this dose significantly decreased my tinnitus.Now my tinnitus doesn't bother me
I feel nothing as a side effect.
I wonder if it will stay so low after you get off Trobalt. I hope so!

I feel nothing as a side effect.

That's really good news. I think it goes to show that retigabine is like rolling the dice. We don't know if we're going to win or lose when taking this drug.

Could you share with us what medical examination or tests you had before beginning retigabine, and what medical tests you have had while you've been on it? Did you have an EKG, stress test, complete blood panel, et cetera?

Right! If you take trobalt, listen to this at the same time...It creates an optimum effect. Listen via headphones.

OK-so let me get this straight - apparently this new drug is actually helping people? I've kind of gone offline for a while to wallow in my own pity and hadn't really thought about trying for a cure, but rather focusing on just getting used to living with it. (forget what you guys call it.) But is is getting worse and making me crazy. Does this drug really help??? Are there side affects? How long do you need to take it for and when you stop, does the T come back?

OK-so let me get this straight - apparently this new drug is actually helping people? I've kind of gone offline for a while to wallow in my own pity and hadn't really thought about trying for a cure, but rather focusing on just getting used to living with it. (forget what you guys call it.) But is is getting worse and making me crazy. Does this drug really help??? Are there side affects? How long do you need to take it for and when you stop, does the T come back?

Yes it works and for side-effects google 'trobalt side-effects'.

Questions hoping someone can answer:
Anyone have luck getting us doc to prescribe?
Any luck with insurance companies covering?
Anyone know of cross side effects with Zoloft?
Any problems for people with depression or anxiety?
Any troubles with high blood pressure?
Anyone take it and it worked and then stopped taking it? Does it return?
Any chance of making the t worse?

Your questions are answered in various places on this retigabine thread. Please read the pinned retigabine threads on the Treatment forum. They're the first two listed. The second pinned subject is User Experiences. It will take you a long time to read through the regitgabine thread and the User Experiences thread, but the information is priceless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/forums/treatments.13/

@Danny Boy so how much you take rtg daily? Did you reduce dosage at all even to 3x300?

I use 300. 300, 400. from july last year.

i got it from Swedish doctor

yes partly

well, i dont know, zoloft is for depression, and it can cause tinnitus too, but i don't believe, you can try little dosage and sea, search on internet

well, it kills depression, can make you more anxiety.

yes, but then it returns to normal, for me it was making it lower

Yes, even for Daniel. BUT his did not return totaly back

No one made it worse it it is not problematic that way, it have side effects

Yes it works and for side-effects google 'trobalt side-effects'.

As Daniel said it does work, but on some people side effect are too strong, like @dan .
For me it lowered it 80% but then slowly came back after 4 months. I till take it it make me bit numb and I dont know, helps to sleep a lot.

you need 20-30 day to use med on 250-300 mg*3 to get effect. You will be drugged and not be really be able to drive car etc. It should lower your t 60%. If you dont get serious side effects. Danny boy is only one who used it and got permanent reduction of several of us... but he used many mixes of medication, even took 1200x1. he is very resistant to side effects, because he was using some time 3 diferent medication and i would not survive it.

We still dont know will he have problems when he gets a bit older because of straining body but for now he is much better. What will happen we will see. Anyway he has stash of trobalt in a case it gets bach and that is trauma from tinnitus, PTSD, he must have meds becouse of fear from tinnitus coming back.

Tinnitus is very nasty disease, people with cancer don't keep cancer meds, but tinnitus is severe.

are they starting phase 1 of retigabine trials at the end of the year? hopefully after they adjust it ,we can be somewhat safe taking this drug:)

400x3 and I reduced the dosage to 400x1
Just trying to clarify. Are you still taking trobalt or are you completely off it? If still taking it, how much do u take and how is ur t? If not taking at all, how long has it been and how is ur t?
Are you currently taking other drugs?

Just trying to clarify. Are you still taking trobalt or are you completely off it? If still taking it, how much do u take and how is ur t? If not taking at all, how long has it been and how is ur t?
Are you currently taking other drugs?

I'm not taking it anymore. I'm clean. I am taking keppra and campral.

Researchers report a new drug could treat epilepsy and help prevent tinnitus by selectively affecting potassium channels.
neurosciencenews.com

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now