Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I can't disclose sadly. I am just trying to play around with different mechanisms and drugs which can possibly combine into an overall cure. It's all wishy washy at the moment.
I admire your enthusiasm, but dont cross the line. You almost cure yourself, be happy about it and leave drugs in the corner. Better save than sorry.

I can't disclose sadly. I am just trying to play around with different mechanisms and drugs which can possibly combine into an overall cure. It's all wishy washy at the moment.
Mm, why would you risk your health after getting from high T to 1/10 with Trobalt? Your T is so low and you have eaten a lot of stuff so tbh, the value of your possible disclosure is near zero. Don't risk your health anymore m8 if you are actually doing what you say.

Mm, why would you risk your health after getting from high T to 1/10 with Trobalt? Your T is so low and you have eaten a lot of stuff so tbh, the value of your possible disclosure is near zero. Don't risk your health anymore m8 if you are actually doing what you say.

When I was on trobalt it was like a 0-1, off trobalt it's more like a 3 out of 10. Anyway, I'm not risking my life here, far from it. However, the reason I won't disclose is because it's pointless in telling people unless it produces results and until it does I'd rather keep it hush hush.

Yes Yes effect is back 300 mm 12 pm 300 mg 8:20 pm did the trick 0 left ear 1 right ear enyoig drunkenness took 5 minutes to right this. I think you built a little bit of tolerance with time those dam neurons. Sadly it will soon creep up slowly. Was it like that to you Dannyboy

Yes Yes effect is back 300 mm 12 pm 300 mg 8:20 pm did the trick 0 left ear 1 right ear enyoig drunkenness took 5 minutes to right this. I think you built a little bit of tolerance with time those dam neurons. Sadly it will soon creep up slowly. Was it like that to you Dannyboy

What the tolerance? I would say; a little but that drunken effect would always come back. It's a great feeling and it can become very addictive.

When I was on trobalt it was like a 0-1, off trobalt it's more like a 3 out of 10. Anyway, I'm not risking my life here, far from it. However, the reason I won't disclose is because it's pointless in telling people unless it produces results and until it does I'd rather keep it hush hush.

I understand dannyb once you have the taste of silence after having tinnitus, you want it back all again not just a 3. I now i had it for 5 months, i can only imagine the pain and suffering of some of the people in the forum that have had it for years. It is a cruel condition.

I understand dannyb once you have the taste of silence after having tinnitus, you want it back all again not just a 3. I now i had it for 5 months, i can only imagine the pain and suffering of some of the people in the forum that have had it for years. It is a cruel condition.

I would say a 3 is actually ok. It's strange, I don't hear it outside at all and when I get home it's quieter than before I went out. Might be a blood circulation issue.

I mean in general overall it is definitely lower but after the pill it lower more to 0 or 1 for at least 20 minutes which the greatest thing in the world. Those 20 minutes of absolute silence are priceless

I mean in general overall it is definitely lower but after the pill it lower more to 0 or 1 for at least 20 minutes which the greatest thing in the world. Those 20 minutes of absolute silence are priceless

When I was on trobalt I had near silence all the time. Trust me, I'm in a much better place and death is the last thing I would consider anymore. I love life and want to get the most enjoyment out of life that I can! And if I never took trobalt, never took keppra, never got rid of hyperacusis, reactive tinnitus and lowered my tinnitus. I honestly believe I not would be here today. So yes, people can call me a drug pusher or whatever. I'd rather be a drugs pusher than a magic man with TRT.

When I was on trobalt I had near silence all the time.

that's weird, for me is up and down all day, and its usually only very low after taking the pill. Maybe you were in silence after being in the 400 mg three times a day. Do you remember how it was while you were going up in dosage?

here's what happened to a fly in my head yesterday , I combined two drugs trobalt and benzo

upload_2015-8-13_8-55-31.png

I might try stugeron with trobalt after all it was the only thing that gave me a little bit of relief before trobalt

sorry guys that am im posting so much i am not trying to boast or give anyone envy is just that i think is important that anyone with at least acoustic trauma and that is reacent (5 months in my case) do anything in their power to take trobalt with all precautions posible. It really work at least for our causes, right now i took my lunch pill and i am at absolute 0. This morning i was at a pleseant 2 left ear 3 right a no roller coster anymore, hope that after i adjust the dose it keeps down al after noon. As we speak after 20 minutes of ingesting pill right ear risen slowly to a 2, left still 0. I really really love you dannyboy my pharmacist england friend.

I've been considering trying RTG for a short trial, and have been reading about it more.

What's interesting to me which I have not seen discussed here, is that in addition to its Kv channel action it's a positive allosteric modulator of GABAa (just like a benzo):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12620500
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25779225

This makes me wonder how much of its tinnitus suppressive effect comes from Kv modulation, and how much may be related to GABAa.

I would say a 3 is actually ok. It's strange, I don't hear it outside at all and when I get home it's quieter than before I went out. Might be a blood circulation issue.
I've been considering trying RTG for a short trial, and have been reading about it more.

What's interesting to me which I have not seen discussed here, is that in addition to its Kv channel action it's a positive allosteric modulator of GABAa (just like a benzo):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12620500
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25779225

This makes me wonder how much of its tinnitus suppressive effect comes from Kv modulation, and how much may be related to GABAa.
Good question ... because the disappearance of the sound goes hand in hand with the euphoric effects. But not just than... it lowers in general too.

Is related more to GABAa and not Kv modulation from my experience acts partially like a benzo.
The benzo that has the same side effects in stone feeling and action with rtg is flunitrazepam (hypnosedon/rohypnol).

Is related more to GABAa and not Kv modulation from my experience acts partially like a benzo.
The benzo that has the same side effects in stone feeling and action with rtg is flunitrazepam (hypnosedon/rohypnol).
with RTG it is very short acting though ... Rohypnol works a good 8 hours atleast ... if I remember well :confused::wacky:

Oh! nills, and here i was so happy and almost silent thinking that i was finally opening my troublesome k channels when linearb and you open a whole new woop can of controversy.

When I was on trobalt I had near silence all the time. Trust me, I'm in a much better place and death is the last thing I would consider anymore. I love life and want to get the most enjoyment out of life that I can! And if I never took trobalt, never took keppra, never got rid of hyperacusis, reactive tinnitus and lowered my tinnitus. I honestly believe I not would be here today. So yes, people can call me a drug pusher or whatever. I'd rather be a drugs pusher than a magic man with TRT.
Danny, are you still taking trobalt and keppra?

Oh! nills, and here i was so happy and almost silent thinking that i was finally opening my troublesome k channels when linearb and you open a whole new woop can of controversy.
It is just their opinion, read that but do not accept, most important is your feeling, and silence that u have. Keep positive mind, and believe in troblat! gaba or kv, who cares, we are all diferente in severe, cause of t,place of t....so just think positive!

It is just their opinion, read that but do not accept, most important is your feeling, and silence that u have. Keep positive mind, and believe in troblat! gaba or kv, who cares, we are all diferente in severe, cause of t,place of t....so just think positive!
I would keep a open mind, not sure how being positive and believing in trobalt is going to help anything?
Maybe he can take a less dangerous drug with the same effect after considering the information that @linearb posted.

That's the scary thing about this thread, how do you get an objective opinion here when people constantly throw around nonsense buzz terms like "believe" and "keep a positive mind".

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now