Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Travelling to Spain, buying it there, and then bringing it back into the US is definitely a pretty serious felony under Federal law. You may not be that likely to get caught, but if you do, it's a large hammer they can drop on you.
Again with your serious Trobalt felony rubbish?
You suggested I literally smuggle back Marijuana across the border!
You clearly are clueless or misinforming people here.

It is perfectly LEGAL to bring in a 3 month supply of non narcotic drugs into Canada or USA with an Rx, and if you dont have an Rx, then they MIGHT (very unlikely) confiscate it in worst case scenario.
I have done it personally many times with all types of meds with zero problems.
I would not attempt to do it with MJ tho. Airports and border crossings have special equipment to detect traces of MJ and other ilicit narcotics, not to mention sniffer dogs!
I very much doubt the dogs are trained to detect Trobalt lol.

For the record to put members minds at ease. I have sent by mail Trobalt without prescription to the following countries -clearly labelled as EPILEPSY MEDICATION on the package.

Greece
Canada
UK
Russia
Australia
USA

Some of these countries have strict customs protocols but every single shipment had arrived
without any major delays or confiscations.
You try sending MJ in the post and see what happens LOL.

P.S.
I had a short opportunity to do this, but NOT anymore- so dont PM me with requests please.
For information purposes ONLY.

It is perfectly LEGAL to bring in a 3 month supply of non narcotic drugs into Canada or USA with an Rx, and if you dont have an Rx, then they MIGHT (very unlikely) confiscate it in worst case scenario.
I would not attempt to do it with MJ tho. Airports and border crossings have special equipment to detect traces of MJ and other ilicit narcotics, not to mention sniffer dogs!

Wait a second! He was saying if Autifony's drug came out in the UK he'd import it!?

"if this gets faster regulatory approval in the UK than in the US, then it will be in the situation of being a drug which is not on the books in the US at all, meaning it's legal to import -- if you can get someone to sell it to you to begin with in the UK, which may be hard."

Linearb.

Wait a second! He was saying if Autifony's drug came out in the UK he'd import it!?

"if this gets faster regulatory approval in the UK than in the US, then it will be in the situation of being a drug which is not on the books in the US at all, meaning it's legal to import -- if you can get someone to sell it to you to begin with in the UK, which may be hard."

Linearb.

Looks like that is what he is saying here... Double standards....

When you fell on the ground, other angels brainwashed you so you dont know :)
If you knew and show it then you would soon perish.

You are angel god protect you from tinnitus and he reduced it. Can you tell me about keppra who have been using it so i can ask people please, i would like to buy it here because i can buy all on black here, for maximum 3 months.

love you as good friend from old time... years back

2000mg for 3 months. So basically 2 doses 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg in the evening. And if you go to this thread you'd find people who have used it.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/levetiracetam-keppra-worked-for-my-hyperacusis.8946/

Whatever you put in the big bag that goes on the plane, pretty much passes without any problem ... hand luggage is the only risk ... so it`s easy indeed to smuggle some medication.

Whatever you put in the big bag that goes on the plane, pretty much passes without any problem ... hand luggage is the only risk ... so it`s easy indeed to smuggle some medication.

What are they going to do arrest you for epilepsy medication? I highly doubt drug smugglers will be smuggling in epilepsy medication. If you have the condition you already have access to the meds. I'm sure people would rather do other drugs than trobalt. It's only us tinnitus sufferers that want it. I'm sure out of the millions who have tinnitus many haven't even heard of trobalt.

No I didn't, I pointed out that I'd done it accidentally in one case and it hadn't bit me, and further that people do all sorts of illegal things on the border every day without getting caught. That's hardly a suggestion that you should do the same.

What? No it's not, the limit is "50 dosage units" (http://www.incb.org/documents/Psych...e/USA_17_June_2014_Original_travellers_II.pdf); beyond that you're playing with fire. Yes, in general, the worst thing that will happen is that they will confiscate it. However, if there is a suitably sized bee up their bonnet, they have, as I said, a big hammer they can drop if they want to. (Where people typically get in trouble is bringing back personal use quantities of things, and then become accused of bringing them back for distribution -- and in fact, even if you only have 50 pills, if a border agent really wants to give you a hard time, they can make all sorts of claims about suspicious behavior leading them to suspect it is not for personal use, in which case the 50 pill deal does not help you).

I've done all sorts of things with zero problems which could potentially have had serious consequences, what's your point?

Looks like that is what he is saying here... Double standards....
Er, no, it's not the same thing at all. This is a bit complicated, I will try to be as brief as possible here. Trobalt is a controlled drug in the US (schedule V). My comment was that if Autifony is approved in the UK prior to the FDA taking any action on it here, then it will be in the twilight zone of being a drug which is not on the books at all in the US, which is also not an analog of any schedule I/II/III drug. So, that would put it in a fundamentally different status than Trobalt. As a schedule V drug, Trobalt is generally illegal to import without a valid prescription; the only exception to that I am aware of is the "carrying >=50 dosage units on your own person as you cross the border yourself" which @dan is alluding to above. On the other hand, drugs which are not on the books in the USA at all, are generally legal to import for personal use, provided that they are not an analog of any drug which is itself a schedule I/II/III drug.

This leads to some weird situations: for instance, alprazolam (xanax) is a schedule IV drug in the US. There are a handful of benzodiazepine analogs which have never been explicitly scheduled in the US. Since none of the scheduled benzos in the US are schedule III or higher, this means that benzo analogs which are not explicitly listed in the controlled substances schedule in the US, are generally legal to import. Hence, if you can find someone who can legally export Phenazepam or something from their country of residence, it's not illegal to import. This is not the case for Trobalt.

So, if there were a period of time where Autifony were also in that weird gray area, and if it was being marketed widely in a country where it was legal for someone to export it, would I consider acquiring some? Possibly, and doing so would be completely legal.

What? No it's not, the limit is "50 dosage units"

What? Dont use the UN guide LOL, use the FDA guide:

The General Guidance Section states that FDA should consider not taking enforcement actions against such importation:

"when 1) the intended use [of the drug] is unapproved and for a serious condition for which effective treatment may not be available domestically either through commercial or clinical means; 2) there is no known commercialization or promotion to persons residing in the U.S. by those involved in the distribution of the product at issue; 3) the product is considered not to represent an unreasonable risk; and 4) the individual seeking to import the product affirms in writing that it is for the patient's own use (generally not more than 3 month supply) and provides the name and address of the doctor licensed in the U.S. responsible for his or her treatment with the product or provides evidence that the product is for the continuation of a treatment begun in a foreign country/area."

http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/ImportProgram/ucm173751.htm

Moreover, it says the importation of NEW UNAPPROVED drugs in the USA are NOT allowed to be imported under ANY circumstances....so the only way will be to marry @Danny Boy and become a UK resident to get Autifony.

Please dont challenge me in this matter any longer - I dont have the patience to deal with you.

No I didn't, I pointed out that I'd done it accidentally in one case and it hadn't bit me, and further that people do all sorts of illegal things on the border every day without getting caught. That's hardly a suggestion that you should do the same.

What? No it's not, the limit is "50 dosage units" (http://www.incb.org/documents/Psych...e/USA_17_June_2014_Original_travellers_II.pdf); beyond that you're playing with fire. Yes, in general, the worst thing that will happen is that they will confiscate it. However, if there is a suitably sized bee up their bonnet, they have, as I said, a big hammer they can drop if they want to. (Where people typically get in trouble is bringing back personal use quantities of things, and then become accused of bringing them back for distribution -- and in fact, even if you only have 50 pills, if a border agent really wants to give you a hard time, they can make all sorts of claims about suspicious behavior leading them to suspect it is not for personal use, in which case the 50 pill deal does not help you).

I've done all sorts of things with zero problems which could potentially have had serious consequences, what's your point?

Er, no, it's not the same thing at all. This is a bit complicated, I will try to be as brief as possible here. Trobalt is a controlled drug in the US (schedule V). My comment was that if Autifony is approved in the UK prior to the FDA taking any action on it here, then it will be in the twilight zone of being a drug which is not on the books at all in the US, which is also not an analog of any schedule I/II/III drug. So, that would put it in a fundamentally different status than Trobalt. As a schedule V drug, Trobalt is generally illegal to import without a valid prescription; the only exception to that I am aware of is the "carrying >=50 dosage units on your own person as you cross the border yourself" which @dan is alluding to above. On the other hand, drugs which are not on the books in the USA at all, are generally legal to import for personal use, provided that they are not an analog of any drug which is itself a schedule I/II/III drug.

This leads to some weird situations: for instance, alprazolam (xanax) is a schedule IV drug in the US. There are a handful of benzodiazepine analogs which have never been explicitly scheduled in the US. Since none of the scheduled benzos in the US are schedule III or higher, this means that benzo analogs which are not explicitly listed in the controlled substances schedule in the US, are generally legal to import. Hence, if you can find someone who can legally export Phenazepam or something from their country of residence, it's not illegal to import. This is not the case for Trobalt.

So, if there were a period of time where Autifony were also in that weird gray area, and if it was being marketed widely in a country where it was legal for someone to export it, would I consider acquiring some? Possibly, and doing so would be completely legal.
What? Dont use the UN guide LOL, use the FDA guide:

The General Guidance Section states that FDA should consider not taking enforcement actions against such importation:

"when 1) the intended use [of the drug] is unapproved and for a serious condition for which effective treatment may not be available domestically either through commercial or clinical means; 2) there is no known commercialization or promotion to persons residing in the U.S. by those involved in the distribution of the product at issue; 3) the product is considered not to represent an unreasonable risk; and 4) the individual seeking to import the product affirms in writing that it is for the patient's own use (generally not more than 3 month supply) and provides the name and address of the doctor licensed in the U.S. responsible for his or her treatment with the product or provides evidence that the product is for the continuation of a treatment begun in a foreign country/area."

http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/ImportProgram/ucm173751.htm

Moreover, it says the importation of NEW UNAPPROVED drugs in the USA are NOT allowed to be imported under ANY circumstances....so the only way will be to marry @Danny Boy and become a UK resident to get Autifony.

Please dont challenge me in this matter any longer - I dont have the patience to deal with you.

Lol, Marry me? Thanks haha.

Lol, Marry me? Thanks haha.

Marry me i have Rx, and if they are not sure they can call Swedish 24h phone number to check!

btw i think we would have to have big party if autifony works, and on same end if it fails people ending suffering... we put too much hope and there is no going back now

:D I'm already married, though I will say that my wife doesn't seem to have a really strong appreciation for my extensive understanding of the minutiae of the controlled substances act and related import regulations!
people with tinnitus will start moving to Europe!

who would marry fellow t sufferer so he can get his meds?

are t people cold heated or they would help?

btw i think we would have to have big party if autifony works, and on same end if it fails people ending suffering... we put too much hope and there is no going back now
Speak for yourself. If autifony works then great, it will improve my quality of life. If it doesn't, then it hasn't changed my life in any meaningful way one way or the other.

Speak for yourself. If autifony works then great, it will improve my quality of life. If it doesn't, then it hasn't changed my life in any meaningful way one way or the other.

The thing is, you linearb, youre one of those mindfullness people who obviously dont have a strong enough T anymore(!) to suffer from it because you habituated from mindfullness, meditating or whatever. Ive read that in many of your posts.

@Christian78 has obviously such strong T that can push you into ending your life. (like me and some other people)

So I dont get it why youre even ranting here in this thread if trobalt, autifony etc is not important for you. I find it very annoying.

extreme T people need something to hold on to, to go on with their lives. for me it was trobalt in the last months, now im on it and it is not the holy grail for now.

sorry for writing mistakes, im on trobalt right now

yesterday My GB prescribed me Neurotin it's an antipiliptic drug it works as trobalt but it has lesse side effect
I will stop trobalt for some days I try neurotin and I will keep you update.
upload_2015-8-18_17-23-20.png

The thing is, you linearb, youre one of those mindfullness people who obviously dont have a strong enough T anymore(!) to suffer from it because you habituated from mindfullness, meditating or whatever. Ive read that in many of your posts.
If I was habituated I wouldn't be considering taking a drug I consider to be pretty dangerous, so, clearly I'm not. I also didn't say Autifony isn't important to me, I was just trying to express that we need to be cautious about hanging all our hopes on one novel molecule.

The quality of life I've got now is something I have fought hard for. In general I'm not suicidal, and I have moments / days where I manage to largely forget about this and feel something like happy. Yes, meditation has had a lot to do with that for me. This is not the same thing as believing I have the same rich quality of life that I might have if not for my assorted perceptual and neuromuscular problems. Tinnitus is the most unpleasant thing I have going on, but it's not the only thing, by a long shot.

yesterday My GB prescribed me Neurotin it's an antipiliptic drug it works as trobalt but it has lesse side effect
I will stop trobalt for some days I try neurotin and I will keep you update.
View attachment 7579

Neurontin is totally useless and it doesn't work in any way like RTG. Actually it's MO is not fully understood.
Stay away from this dangerous drug.

Why change a winning horse btw .. you were having such good effects with Trobalt?

My GB told me that Neurotin has lesse side effect comapring to Trobalt.I have a good result from trobalt yesteday. I was in my guarden enjoying silence with my cat infront of my pool. I took the decision to take neurotin because there is some one here his name @Mooonk he has seen A copacou ENT in paris he prescribed him neurotin I sent a message to mooonk in french he told me that he has 50% reduction .

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2ugp7o

@snow86, very interesting. Your elaborated report is highly appreciated. Thank you for sharing. ~hug
So this drug has some potential. Besides *feeling high* have you had any other side effects?
Indeed, everything taken *orally* kicks off way quicker on an empty stomach. I can relate to this with wine.^^ And it does soften my T too some degree. Yet it's still extreme!
14 days and on 8 days your T had been softened. So kind of a 50/50 efficacy in your case. That's not too bad, I suppose. Although, the half-life period is quite short unfortunately.

Hi I'm new to this. Just joined yesterday. I have T 24/7. It is debilitating at times. I am considering a trobalt trial if I can get it. So far no luck. Does anyone know if it can be obtained from Mexico? I can probably get a friend to prescribe it but I don't want to give anyone that responsibility. I know what the risks are but I also know what doing nothing will eventually do to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I remember other member of the forum has gotten his mother to get them from mexico into usa. I think you can. If you do try it, let us know with updates :) @LetyO

doing 700 mg a day (200, 200 and 300 mg) and still doing good. Tinnitus down as low as 1 or 2 can barely hear it outside, i can only hear it and softly while in the house. Will recommend taking always with food if you do the trial. Made the mistake of not having breakfast and not having lunch, took one and what can i say apart from never never never do it. i had what i will call the "nills" effect, could not move, could not talk, wife was very worried, it lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes, almost call am ambulance. Started taking it with food, the effect might not be as quick or pronounce and i dont get that funny and wonderful drunk feeling ,but the pill its still doing its job

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now