Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

@Danny Boy Hoping you are feeling better. You have been strong and brave trying different things to get relief. And you have helped so many of us here... I know you will be fine.

Are you trying anything else or are you going to try Trobalt again? Praying for you.

@Danny Boy Hoping you are feeling better. You have been strong and brave trying different things to get relief. And you have helped so many of us here... I know you will be fine.

Are you trying anything else or are you going to try Trobalt again? Praying for you.

I may try trobalt again. And thank you for you for your courteous words. It's nice to part such a loving and caring community.

@Danny Boy did it came back gradually or was it suddenly when you woke up ?

Actually, I just took 600mg of trobalt and it's gone. Odd isn't the word for this. Avoid nortriptyline I took 100mg of that in a day and well, my tinnitus came back...Took 600mg of trobalt and it's down to a 1...So don't take that.

Hi @Danny Boy , I'd like to ask you some questions... your T returned after taking amitryptiline or it was a random event? I understand that you have taken 600 mg of trobalt and it has reduced its intensity again, am I right?

I am deeply sorry for you, this and the autifony fiasco is literally killing me (and the d*** benzos)

I can't understand how this beast is so tough, it will kill us at some point if we don't kill him before.

Hi @Danny Boy , I'd like to ask you some questions... your T returned after taking amitryptiline or it was a random event? I understand that you have taken 600 mg of trobalt and it has reduced its intensity again, am I right?

I am deeply sorry for you, this and the autifony fiasco is literally killing me (and the d*** benzos)

I can't understand how this beast is so tough, it will kill us at some point if we don't kill him before.
I think he can't give a straight answer by himself. As he describes he is taking "loads of meds, lol". So there is no way knowing what actually resulted T increase.

It was after taking nortriptyline at 100mg a day. Then I took 600mg of trobalt then it vanished. I'm never taking
nortriptyline ever again! I had the same issue with amitriptyline as in, made it worse. I'm staying away from tricyclic antidepressants...I was better off with benzos.

HI.
it started 10 yrs ago when i stopped suddenly taking acton(benzodiazephine)
but i took it for 10 yrs!!it never stopped since then.I tried all types of drugs with zero result.finally i improved my "physical life" by living less stressed, started golf & tried some "drugs" used by bodybuilders to sustain effort.The best one i found & take everyday is NO+elite(lab QNT)From the description yu can learn this "drug" improves flow of oxygen in yur brain.I must say that it helps me every day in morning when i do my gym excercise I diminsh on a scale of 10 the tinnitus to max 2/10 coming from 8/10 during night.Good Red wine helps also a lot in my case..best remedy i found till now & i wont change it.I also took sometimes QNT 3000 to do my excersice & helped me build more muscle mass.Physivcally i feel as good to-day(68 yrs old) as 1 0yrs ago but i excersice every day.Idont like chemical drugs which bring so many side effects that yu may loose controll over yur Natural strength which yu need most to fight back.

I'm also an advocate of wine (red or white) after 2 glasses my T virtually disappears ! I think the important thing is not to over do it - relying on alcohol is s very bad idea. But my understanding is that alcohol works on the same receptors as benzos so when I have a bad T day a glass or two of wine with my evening meal settles it right back down again. Thankfully, as time goes by, my bad T days happen less and less.
If only we could get Shiraz in tablet form . . . ! :rolleyes:

It was after taking nortriptyline at 100mg a day. Then I took 600mg of trobalt then it vanished. I'm never taking
nortriptyline ever again! I had the same issue with amitriptyline as in, made it worse. I'm staying away from tricyclic antidepressants...I was better off with benzos.
all antidepressant i took (cymbalta, remeron) increased my T. amitriptyline also i used in short time but quit. just voldoxan didint increase T , but voldoxan didint worked for me . benzos is ok for T for me but you know....just Trobalda decreasing T. using it third week.

I'm also an advocate of wine (red or white) after 2 glasses my T virtually disappears ! I think the important thing is not to over do it - relying on alcohol is s very bad idea. But my understanding is that alcohol works on the same receptors as benzos so when I have a bad T day a glass or two of wine with my evening meal settles it right back down again. Thankfully, as time goes by, my bad T days happen less and less.
If only we could get Shiraz in tablet form . . . ! :rolleyes:

GABA GABA.

So now is at 1? That's great news. I'm seriously considering starting with trobalt too. I can't live with this.

Any red or white should do the trick Danny Boy ! Just don't over do it - a hangover is never a good thing !! And be careful mixing it with Trobalt, check for interactions first. Chin chin . . . !!!

Don't worry, I won't mix it with trobalt, I'd be dead if I did.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now