Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Hey, 2 advices if you get medium-high dose of Trobalt with empty stomach (Overall the first hour after you take it):

1) Dont move too much your eyes, or at least don´t move them very quickly: I mean don´t read, don´t play videogames, don´t write.

2) Don´t move your head very quickly.

You can get nausea/vertigo very easy. If you got it because you are stupid when you are on trobalt, take a good sofa or bed and don´t move in some minutes, you will be fine in 10-15 min.

That thing happened me every single time and could counteract by doing that.

Hum...today is hard for me...I wake up without my T...where are my 2 pets ? :puppykisses::puppykisses:

I'm at 750mg/day, which is correspond at 10mg/kg like the researchers made on the mice, coincidence ?
I will be soon as 900mg/day...good luck for all the brave guys on TROBALT.
I hope it will kill my H as soon as possible like for @Albertus, @Philemon, @locoyeti, @Juan Carlos, and sorry for them I forget.

Have a nice day

I got Trobalt prescribed today! Damn sooo hard to make the decision to go for it or not. I'll keep you updated.

Another thing. Does anyone have any theory (or facts) about if medicating on Trobalt will lower chances for natural recovery later on?

Another thing. Does anyone have any theory (or facts) about if medicating on Trobalt will lower chances for natural recovery later on?
No one will be able to answer that question since there has been no studies. In my opinion and i repeat in my opinion with no scientific bases, it will probably not affect any natural recovery going on.

I havent tapered off so I cant tell you about that , I am at 1200mg and have no problems, except stupidity. And yeah , I hope that does not stay after tapering off.

Man , I read schematics and troubleshoot synthesizers , have to be careful not to electrocute myself..seriously.
Yep, I turn into a simple man on this stuff, humbling experience...took me 1 minute to remember the word humbling. Not sure how much longer I will be on it.

Did attheedgeofscience really got the blue hand side effect or was it pulled off the internet as a joke? Confused here. Thats some serious blue hands.

Did attheedgeofscience really got the blue hand side effect or was it pulled off the internet as a joke?
Forgot to inform the forum: it wasn't just my fingers/hands, it was my feet, too...

3620102322_3cbd845b4b_b.jpg

Right people....If we're all gonna take trobalt, we need to protect our eyes....That is why, I am writing down a list of stuff you will need to protect your eyes and improve eyesight.

Ok,
Eyebright,
Camu Camu,
Jamaican Dogwood,
Marigold-Which has high amounts of lutein,
Bilberry,
Ginkgo biloba,
Liquorice,
Carrot powder
Triphala
Danny Boy... have you been playing too much Skyrim again?!? You know, we are not mixing potions in Arcadia's Cauldron here...

I have a questions that maybe been touched many times before... Is it necessary to go all the way to 1200mg per day? How long should you stay at max dose that works for you? And finally, some people say it's better to take the days dosage in one or two batches (I personally think that taking like 600mg in one go can be risky if you read what some people went through after that dosage), rather than dividing it to three times a day. What do you think?

And finally, some people say it's better to take the days dosage in one or two batches (I personally think that taking like 600mg in one go can be risky if you read what some people went through after that dosage), rather than dividing it to three times a day. What do you think?
I personally would never take 600mg at once , did anyone suggest that for real ?
I take 200mg at once at the most , I guess some other people can tolerate a higher dosage?

Hum...today is hard for me...I wake up without my T...where are my 2 pets ? :puppykisses::puppykisses:

I'm at 750mg/day, which is correspond at 10mg/kg like the researchers made on the mice, coincidence ?
I hope it will kill my H as soon as possible like for @Albertus, @Philemon, @locoyeti, @Juan Carlos, and sorry for them I forget.

Have a nice day

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I was told about Trobalt and would like to have a honest opinion. It seems that men are less afraid to take it than women. I'm afraid about the addiction too but I'm thinking having a try. Did somebody stop the treatment and had things stabilized?

Thanks a lot for your replies

I wanted to say that I have been closely following this thread because I was initially thinking about giving Trobalt a shot before AM-101 and I just want to say that BOTH sides of this argument are very important. If Trobalt is really directly affecting T for a lot of members, than that is very important and could even save lives. Likewise the same goes for reporting serious side effects, and that could also, if not more so, save lives as well. So thank you Christian78 and others for sharing your experience with what you went through with Trobalt because that really brings it home for the rest of us how serious it can be, and we really should think twice before trying.

For those that are advocating that people should be educated and intelligent enough to figure out whether you should take this or not, well I'd like to consider myself in that bracket, and I do my research, but one of the best places to get that information and weighing the risks for T, is this thread. And I do feel like my impression, after reading the past few days of back and forth arguing, has changed a bit and that perhaps before that, the overall feeling I was getting was that of more optimism but with very little caution as to the possible side effects, despite the fact that it's written at the very top of the thread that it's dangerous.

So I really just want to say that EVERY ONE of your opinions and experience with this is vital and helpful. If some members are giving misinformation, than that should really stop and others should alert us but at the same time I just wished everyone could do it in a kinder, nicer way because piling on isn't a good thing either. Both sides are equally important, if anyone is to make an educated decision, and should be heard.

I have a questions that maybe been touched many times before... Is it necessary to go all the way to 1200mg per day? How long should you stay at max dose that works for you? And finally, some people say it's better to take the days dosage in one or two batches (I personally think that taking like 600mg in one go can be risky if you read what some people went through after that dosage), rather than dividing it to three times a day. What do you think?

400mg at one time is the optimal therapeutic dose for a short course. i stayed on that for three weeks, some people have stayed for less or more. waaaaaay back in the beginning of this thread you can find a detailed post i made regarding effective dosage (with graphs and charts). you can go higher but you are pushing the flight envelope. every 8 hours is for epileptics, but since you are trying to bombard your system, for a short period of time, you should stick with that imho.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I was told about Trobalt and would like to have a honest opinion. It seems that men are less afraid to take it than women. I'm afraid about the addiction too but I'm thinking having a try. Did somebody stop the treatment and had things stabilized?
Thanks a lot for your replies

i didnt have any issues with addiction with this drug. id much rather smoke a marijuana spliff than ride this rocket.

400mg at one time is the optimal therapeutic dose for a short course
Interesting , I have been fiddling with the dosage , finally at 1200mg per day but not at 400 mg per dosage yet . Did you take 3x 400 then per day ?

I guess you would suggest that I go for the 400mg bombardment ?
Seeing that i am not getting the result i was after with this 200mg per dosage ?

I am slightly concerned taking 400 per pop as I am only 70 kg.

I am going through your replys in this thread, trying to answer some of the above questions.

about trobalt and carbamazapine interaction i found :

- carbamazepine can reduce retigabine systemic exposure by 33%
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/24527

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retigabine
carbamazepine (CBZ, Tegretol) increase the clearance of retigabine.

RTG synergistically interacted with VPA and exerted additive interaction with CBZ (carbamazepine)and LTG in the mouse MES model.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18773196

maybe someone can explain me this . sorry i am not English speaking. as i understand carbamazapine just prolonging trobalt acting. then it is written that carbamazapinum can reduce acting of trobalt. then it is written that it is ok use them together ? thanks

Guys, what is your schedule for taking Trobalt? As I understand it should be taken every 8 hours? I read that some people pop a pill at 4am in the night. Is that necessary? Do you adhere to the 8 hours super strictly or can it be every 7-9 hours?

Also, could someone enlighten me about the difference between a reactive and a non-reactive t?

Thanks so much.

Can you please send me which pharmacies sell it in Spain? Thank you

@dan told me they sell it in all pharmacies around spain, he was in Alicante... there he bought a lot, try to ask @Danny Boy , becouse he bought to him and sent so danny know what pharmacies and @amandine knew it also.

I think that prices are same here and in spain as GSK keep up prices, anyway any pharmacy, i just dont know how did danik got it, and i dont think he charmed someone there :D, try contacting someone in spain and ask.

When I had total effect for 4 months before my body became resistant i started 100mg x3 per day for 3 day, then 200 mg a day x3, and then i was trying to keep between 700-800 mg per day /3 dosages and it was working on 750, mostly mornings were problem. And it worked like a charm 4 months.

so

100x3
100x3
100x3
200x3
200x3
200x3
300... (It would be under advise that you make it 6 days not 3 like me)

Guys, what is your schedule for taking Trobalt? As I understand it should be taken every 8 hours? I read that some people pop a pill at 4am in the night. Is that necessary? Do you adhere to the 8 hours super strictly or can it be every 7-9 hours?

Also, could someone enlighten me about the difference between a reactive and a non-reactive t?

Thanks so much.
Dusring mine 4 months when it was lowering my t up to 95% i took it when i wake up at 9/10 then midd afternon 5/6 and before going to bed 10 minutes. Worked perfectly until my body became resistant to it

I've read about people drinking while on Trobalt (I will not), but how about weed? Probably isn't a good idea but just want to know if there are any risks?
Not good idea to get drunk on it, if you will dring lower dosage becouse this medicine go out of body. And do be surprised to get some paresthesias or restless legs on strange pain in legs ... it is the way it is..with alcohol

Have a nice day
@Mithrandir can you ask Galadriel to make some potion against tinnitus :) She likes you ;)

I am slightly concerned about this in regards to Trobalt.

"Moreover, a form of dominant deafness arises from impaired function of KCNQ4
(Kharkovets et al., 2000), so nonspecific opening of these channels may have unwanted side effects on hearing"

Seems that KCNQ4 is the same modulator that causes urinary retention .
Sf0034 however does not have this modulator.

Extremely concerned about losing any more hearing.

If this were a serious issue, it would have been noted as a side-effect of Trobalt in the FDA documents, wouldn't it?

If this were a serious issue, it would have been noted as a side-effect of Trobalt in the FDA documents, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. Side effects on drug leaflets get revised all the time.
For example, Sabril used to be considered one of the safest antiepileptics in the market for years.
When its leaflet got revised with a big black box warning about FOV side effects, people took notice and nowadays you'll be lucky if you find a single box of the stuff at any pharmacy. Nobody prescribes it anymore.

And to remain on-topic. I used Trobalt for about 2 months, 1 of which at the "recommended" dosage 400mg TID.
I got some temporary relief but nothing permanent, as far as my hearing potassium channels are concerned :dunno:
The only permanent effect I got was on my peeing potassium channels as I my... ummmm... peeing potential if I put it correctly is greatly reduced :(

Trobalt turned me from a healthy, flowing, 5 times a day guy to a mere 1-2 times a day guy wreck :bawling:

Never got around to reporting it to the FDA though.

@undecided I'm very sorry to hear that. How long have you been off Trobalt and has it become any bit better at all? Did you notice the retention coming slowly or did it just happen "over night"?

Guys, do you have any theories about visual snow and being on Trobalt. I've had VS for at least 5 years and I've started a low 50 TID dose of Trobalt. Are there any reports or theories of Trobalt making it worse (I know about floaters)?

Not necessarily. Side effects on drug leaflets get revised all the time.
For example, Sabril used to be considered one of the safest antiepileptics in the market for years.
When its leaflet got revised with a big black box warning about FOV side effects, people took notice and nowadays you'll be lucky if you find a single box of the stuff at any pharmacy. Nobody prescribes it anymore.

And to remain on-topic. I used Trobalt for about 2 months, 1 of which at the "recommended" dosage 400mg TID.
I got some temporary relief but nothing permanent, as far as my hearing potassium channels are concerned :dunno:
The only permanent effect I got was on my peeing potassium channels as I my... ummmm... peeing potential if I put it correctly is greatly reduced :(

Trobalt turned me from a healthy, flowing, 5 times a day guy to a mere 1-2 times a day guy wreck :bawling:

Never got around to reporting it to the FDA though.

Hej @undecided ,

You are not the first or the last person to whom Retigabine might not have any effect. You might even get it like me for 4 months and louse it. Anyway body overdose, not one that is on paper makes prostata problem and so does urinating, it might need that you lover your dosage, do you have memory loss symptoms, balance and so on, are they too intensive?

hej @PatrickG , if it is not problem for you , if you can just quote person so it get easier to follow a tread? pls

Hi guys. I heard somewhere in the forum that taking Retigabine can be a "cure" for people in the early acute phase. I'm 2 months in with T and I'm wondering is that true and if so who do I have to ask for this.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now