• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

If you people get low to almost days why take this shit? Maybe your body ears/brain are healing. I can understand catastrophic T as a last resort (try whatever) but why take the risk on this experiment? Maybe I just think differently. If I had a low to silent day I would be so hopeful. I don't unfortunately.

I know it's probably difficult for people with severe & loud T to think why people with quieter T would bother with drugs like this. I would consider my own T to be a 3-4/10, which isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people on here and I know it could be a lot worse and I pray for anyone who is having a hard time with it, but I'm still seriously considering trying this because in the end, T is T, it's still as annoying for people if they have it quite quiet.

Sitting here , looking at a pill in front of me, too chickenshit to swallow it.:bag:
Send me
I know it's probably difficult for people with severe & loud T to think why people with quieter T would bother with drugs like this. I would consider my own T to be a 3-4/10, which isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people on here and I know it could be a lot worse and I pray for anyone who is having a hard time with it, but I'm still seriously considering trying this because in the end, T is T, it's still as annoying for people if they have it quite quiet.
Even if it means risking damaging your internal organs?
Why not wait for Autifony? Or I would suggest to stick with a low dosage like 300mg and see what happens.

Send me

Even if it means risking damaging your internal organs?
Why not wait for Autifony? Or I would suggest to stick with a low dosage like 300mg and see what happens.

I just feel like waiting for autifony could take a long time and I trying this sooner rather than later would make it more effective! I'm not sure it'll severely damage internal organs if it damages them at all, it is a drug that's already on the market. I'm intending on a low dosage to see how it is, that's if I get it at all.

My t was kind a 30% worse last 3 days, it is getting loader i went to 300mg, tonight to 350.
It MUST be something in food! I eat parents food.

And I had problems to pee last 3 days too, it must be again variation in trobalt effect.

well at least side effects last 15 days were 50% less (except memory)​
Im sorry to hear that,
I dont think that normal food (except those containing glutamate) can permanently worse tinnitus (maybe just for some hours). Did you had some quarrel or stressful event? im sure stress is evil, at nights is always much louder than when i wake up

I have had T for long enough to know that getting your hopes up because of a few instances of low T is bound to cause disappointment. Imagine having T for 30 years , of course you will get the occasional low day and during the early years you will probably get your hopes up until you learn that it means nothing.

As far as I can tell , not a lot of people get cured after 3 years of relentless T. I might be wrong?
Before my first real low day I was pretty much giving up and you know what , its very hard returning to full blown T after a "day off" , after getting a glimpse into your former life. Makes me want to take this crap even more.
It´s this endless cycle of hope and disappointment that really gets to me.

I believe spikes will pass , but so will the low days and eventually you return to your baseline. It sucks but I believe it to be the cold hard truth. I honestly do not think there is much healing going on in this roller coaster.

I am not so concerned about the side effects , I am far more apprehensive about feeling drugged , I seriously do not like that feeling , I just want to be myself ... That is essentially what I feel I lost with T , myself.

I have had T for long enough to know that getting your hopes up because of a few instances of low T is bound to cause disappointment. Imagine having T for 30 years , of course you will get the occasional low day and during the early years you will probably get your hopes up until you learn that it means nothing.

As far as I can tell , not a lot of people get cured after 3 years of relentless T. I might be wrong?
Before my first real low day I was pretty much giving up and you know what , its very hard returning to full blown T after a "day off" , after getting a glimpse into your former life. Makes me want to take this crap even more.
It´s this endless cycle of hope and disappointment that really gets to me.

I believe spikes will pass , but so will the low days and eventually you return to your baseline. It sucks but I believe it to be the cold hard truth. I honestly do not think there is much healing going on in this roller coaster.

I am not so concerned about the side effects , I am far more apprehensive about feeling drugged , I seriously do not like that feeling , I just want to be myself ... That is essentially what I feel I lost with T , myself.
I hear you. I guess I don't understand low days, I've never had one. If I get spikes they seem to stick. If I got a low day maybe I would be unrealistically optimistic.

Good luck, I hope you get yourself back soon.

It took quite some time for me to start getting any variations in my T , you might experience that still ?
I do not want to bring anyone down but I think its highly unlikely that T will just one day go away .
I think we need to do something.

It took quite some time for me to start getting any variations in my T , you might experience that still ?
I do not want to bring anyone down but I think its highly unlikely that T will just one day go away .

You are indeed correct in your assumption, I stopped hoping my T would go away by itself years ago.

Yeah, you get low days and terrible ones and it never sticks to a pattern, I'm F#$@ing fed up with it and if I could get hold of some Retigabine, side effects and all, I would go for it!

Go hard RaZaH and I hope your side effects are minimal and it gets rid of it for you bro.

I am seriously considering this. Not sure i can get this in india. Researching abt this now.
Stupid t is changing me from who i am.

Im sorry to hear that,
I dont think that normal food (except those containing glucamate) can permanently worse tinnitus (maybe just for some hours). Did you had some quarrel or stressful event? im sure stress is evil, at nights is always much louder than when i wake up

Morning are worse, i know t can become worse, but i know is spike etc, not quarrel

well i raised to 200x3, i can perfectly walk, cicle, talk, and im perfect in my job. not big difference in my T thought. most people have improvement in 300x3 except @Danny Boy wich 100 is enought to improve but not to get rid, danny why dont u consider raise to 450 at least or 600 ?

well i raised to 200x3, i can perfectly walk, cicle, talk, and im perfect in my job. not big difference in my T thought. most impople have improvement in 300x3 except @Danny Boy wich 100 is enought to improve but not to get rid, danny why dont u consider raise to 450 at least or 600 ?

I believe his T is fresh and is waiting to get it to hardcore so then he would have 300x3 to use to get some effect.

Btw has anyone seen this product in shops, it is supposed to help tinnitus?

Sup3LEO.jpg

I just feel like waiting for autifony could take a long time and I trying this sooner rather than later would make it more effective! I'm not sure it'll severely damage internal organs if it damages them at all, it is a drug that's already on the market. I'm intending on a low dosage to see how it is, that's if I get it at all.

But dr. Large said they will test this branch of Aut063 and see if it working if not they well have to readjust its chemical composition...

good luck, try and stay with it,
hope it cures your tinnitus
i will try it when i phase out my other meds.
btw, does anybody know much about which meds you can or cannot take at the same time as retigabine?

Quick from Wikipedia:

Interactions
Retigabine appears to be free of drug interactions with most commonly used anticonvulsants. It may increase metabolism of lamotrigine (Lamictal), whereas phenytoin (Dilantin) and carbamazepine (CBZ, Tegretol) increase the clearance of retigabine.[18][19]

Concomitant use of retigabine and digoxin may increase serum concentration of the latter. In vitro studies suggest that the main metabolite of retigabine acts as a P-glycoprotein inhibitor, and may thus increase absorption and reduce elimination of digoxin.[

Absolutely the same for me. If T is a little bit lower, the annoyance is still high. And next day it comes back full power. But we go off-topic. Hopefully, Trobalt works for you and some more.

Hey I found a good mechanism of action statement -

Retigabine is thought to work mainly by opening potassium channels that are found on the nerve cells. This action helps to stabilise the resting electrical activity in the nerves. It reduces the chances of a burst in electrical activity that can result in a seizure [or tinnitus].

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now