• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

This link:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/00016489.2011.603135

Instead of differentiation in to hair cells, the correction stated that the successful differentiation was in to "hair-like cells". I'm not sure how they actually differ, but they don't seem to be quite the same thing.
It always said that. The correction was about someone's name on the author section.

Also don't forget this:
"Professor Park has confirmed through experimentation that stem cells present in the bone marrow, placenta and umbilical cord blood are injected into hearing-impaired animals to improve hearing loss as well as to regenerate hair cells. The results explained ."

http://www.researchmonthly.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=233

Stephan Heller is mad, frequency therapeutics are sinister and dodgy and this guy is kosher? Honestly JA, I read your post on frequency and had to come here . I want hope, Iam desperate, ..please please please can the smarty pants exercise scientific reasoning.
This guy will probably get my money which I will borrow from family.
Hellers words haunt me, but Iam so desperate.
I had an a we chat with Shim , not about science or methods. Just an introduction and that I would send my audio gram . He is wicked nice and doesn't have that reserve that doctors and scientists usually have. Again not a good sign.
Wait and see, Iam sorry if I have offended u JA and others..we are suffering together

Hellers words haunt me
Dont be haunted. The technology behind fx322 has good scientific backing and will more than likely produce good results. Likewise there is also published scientific evidence that mesenchymal stem cells and PRP have some effect that improves hearing as well. Heller cant just come out and publicly endorse Minbo Shim.
There is no scientific foundation that would show any of the treatments you have mentioned work
And that's not even remotely true. I and others have posted peer reviewed papers showing growth factors restore hearing in human trials. Heller has himself published a paper suggesting MSC's may be progenitors for haircells. I've posted a paper twice from a Korean doctor named Park stating that MSC's present in bone marrow restore hearing in deaf animals and someone else posted a peer reviewed paper stating that prp and stem cells can repair peripheral nerves, and hearing cells are peripheral nerves.

Besides it's only a matter of time before someone reports on this forum an experience going to south korea.

Yes, I read Parks statement, but inference about what shim is doing and what he's doing is different. Someone needs to ask shim. 2 , are situations sound very similar,.id like to talk privately but don't know how to give my email on this site, Iam a dumb ass. Consider going with someone? Better price, etc.....desperate times, desperate measures, bold choices. Eddie A did it and he's ok. Planting a seed

No issue waiting till the end of Jan.... waiting is something we have to do. You guys call the shots...refine your questions, and assess the answers objectively. Good luck with that, sure am curious

No issue waiting till the end of Jan.... waiting is something we have to do. You guys call the shots...refine your questions, and assess the answers objectively. Good luck with that, sure am curious
I'm just saying maybe by the end of January or mid February we can find someone that has also undergone his treatments to also participate in the discussion. Surely we can find someone.

Just have the Skype interview and see how it goes. What is the difference, finding someone should have no baring on the Skype interview, surely they can be independent of each other. You will have to find a Korean, a translator, and then make sure they are not a hoax. Have the Skype, nothing to lose.

Just have the Skype interview and see how it goes. What is the difference, finding someone should have no baring on the Skype interview, surely they can be independent of each other. You will have to find a Korean, a translator, and then make sure they are not a hoax. Have the Skype, nothing to lose.
I already had a few with him. Translators aren't necessary. John wants to wait, so I will.

Potential questions to be vetted by fellow members or discarded all together if superfluous or just ignorant.

What distinguishes Dr. Shim's PRP treatment from say what Eddie A received.?

What ingredients make this cocktail special and be effective? Marrow, drugs, supplements, carrying agents?- this is my big question.

Have there been any follow up contact with patients, 1 or 2 years after treatment?
PRP like many stem cell treatments are new and many scientists and doctors are often dubious about their effectiveness. They lack research validating their effectiveness in scientific communities - how would you respond to that Dr. Shim and when in the future would you consider submitting your findings to peer review?

What are the risks of the treatment?
How many international patients have visited your clinic? Why are there no testimonials if they have had the treatment? (he did say he had international people attending his clinic). It would be a great way to garner international patients.

Questions that push him to be honest and clear, without squirming and avoiding seems really important. Perhaps start with a few easy to answer questions and then cut to the chase and ask more meaningful and difficult questions, may help you to ascertain his honesty and scientific merits. Know what I mean?

We all want to know if he is for real or not, or just hustling people.
Many clinics hustle people for big money.
I am assuming none of us are minted and 10 to 12 grand, after accommodation, flights (maybe more) is not easy for most of us to come by, and if we do, our pockets and extended families pockets will feel it.

Fellow forum members, please know I am open and hopeful, and really want this to work. I think we owe it to ourselves, to try and illuminate the truth, and be open to disappointment.

Remember S. Heller's words about no scientific foundation, that would be a doozy to lay on Shim, especially if you dropped Heller's name.

Looking forward to your feedback, and I know it ain't going done for a while, but thought I would present my questions for vetting now.

Cheers, Daniel

Fellow Tinnitus Talk members, would this treatment negate using FX-322 down the road. Question for you, not Shim. Tnx.

Sorry to write so much.
I had an awful day, lots of ear pain.
Just read the whole thread.
Artemis, JA, Humpty, and previous posters are much better informed than me.
I leave it to you, just keep me and everyone posted. Thanks for all your research work and effort. This guy gives me hope. It would seem FX-322 is also hopeful but years away from the market.
Thanks again. I look forward to reading your insights and thoughts.

I can answer some of these.
What distinguishes Dr. Shim's PRP treatment from say what Eddie A received.?
The use of stem cells as well as the local application to the round window membrane via intratympanic injection.
What are the risks of the treatment
A few cases of otitis media, that all resolved without complications.
would this treatment negate using FX-322 down the road.
Well if it worked then you probably wouldnt need it. I dont know exactly though.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323925.php

Their findings show that activating ERBB2 started a process that led to the production of cochlear support cells. This then resulted in stem cells transforming into the sensory hair cells. These cells also integrated with nerve cells, which is necessary for hearing.

Just saw this today. Not very informative. I'll try to research this later today.
@JohnAdams @humptydumpty69 @Artemis2K @Daniel Lion
That's awesome because PRP contains IGF1 and EGF. IGF1 has been shown to be effective at restoring hearing in humans and this shows that EGF is too, at least in animals. There are people suffering tremendously. What is the hold up exactly? Someone please explain to me why they havent started testing this in humans in Europe or the United States yet?

That's awesome because PRP contains IGF1 and EGF. IGF1 has been shown to be effective at restoring hearing in humans and this shows that EGF is too, at least in animals. There are people suffering tremendously. What is the hold up exactly? Someone please explain to me why they havent started testing this in humans in Europe or the United States yet?
Over-caution of government. Ironically hurting people while trying to prevent tragedy. Though we do need protection, we clearly need them to rethink their process.

John Adams, Artemis:

How do you know he uses stem cells? Where does he harvest them from. Earlier on in this thread I read that he didn't use stem cells.......?

Help me understand this please... stem cells and bone marrow... where does he harvest them... brainy tired... please illuminate. This I don't get. Are they in ones blood? Can you break down the injections contents please...

Last edited:
John Adams, Artemis:

How do you know he uses stem cells? Where does he harvest them from. Earlier on in this thread I read that he didn't use stem cells.......?

Help me understand this please... stem cells and bone marrow... where does he harvest them... brainy tired... please illuminate. This I don't get. Are they in ones blood? Can you break down the injections contents please...
I think you should go to South Korea as you are the one nearest to him and get the treatment. Really that's my opinion.

Artemis, John Adams, Humptyy, anyone... please put the treatment in layman's terms, I have no scientific background. I am an artist, a builder, sculptor... first time coming across this info and it would benefit me and many others who lack the knowledge you have. Tnx.

Artemis, John Adams, Humptyy, anyone... please put the treatment in layman's terms, I have no scientific background. I am an artist, a builder, sculptor... first time coming across this info and it would benefit me and many others who lack the knowledge you have. Tnx.

Okay. So, the bone marrow is one place where he'd get the stem cells and growth factor. I think that is more potent. There is also blood. Perhaps this is like mining for valuable gems and then filtering to find and purify the good ones. I THINK that is a good analogy. It's a process that is very precise and uses either of two resources from the body, and from those two resources carries the stem cells and growth factor. Whether growth factor comes from stem cells or is separate I am not sure about, and I don't think matters.

@humptydumpty69 posted an archive of important posts that you should probably look at from a few pages back, and then read up until this point. We discussed his emails with us, which is where we learned of his ingredients, there.

We already figured out he is a genuine ENT with traceable history and seems to have been goverment verified. We have tracked down his old clinics and current one, as well as his history doing treatments in Russia. As far as his ENT practice is concerned, he is real.

We also found his patents, and John did research surrounding those patents that convinced him of their validity. Those papers were posted not long ago.

Only thing we don't get is why he is so unorthodox.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now