• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Taurine and Tinnitus

I wouldn't worry. You may already be getting Taurine in your diet somehow, not even being aware of it. It's very likely Taurine won't do anything at all one way or the other for you. Some here report taking relatively high dosages with no benefit to their tinnitus. But, there's a post here by a woman who swears a low Glutamate diet has helped her along with taking Taurine. Her post is what encouraged me to try Taurine after I had already written it off as bogus. So far she's been right. Taurine has helped me.

It's tough for me to say how immediate the effects are. My tinnitus fluctuates dramatically from day to day. On average though, the good days have become more frequent and the bad days aren't quite as bad. The feeling of pressure in my ears has reduced quite a bit. I have no plans to stop. I'll probably play with the dosage. I'm thinking lately I may try taking an even higher dose for a little bit. I've had zero side effects from it.
Screenshot_20220320-072248_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anyone try Taurine?

More so worried about adverse reactions.

I have a bottle and looking to add it to my cocktail of vitamins. Plan to start low.

Thanks.
Taurine plays a vital role in hearing. In fact, studies have found that in some cases, taurine can reverse the biochemical processes behind hearing loss. Other studies have demonstrated that taurine can almost completely eliminate the ringing in the ears associated with tinnitus.

Source: https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2013/6/the-forgotten-longevity-benefits-of-taurine

I used to drink Taurine in Red Bull which has it, for the last 15 years (I've stopped all caffeine consumption recently). Now I take 1000 mg daily in the morning.

I've ordered some Taurine. The doses people take in the trials for tinnitus do seem to be quite high. Maybe it will synergise well with similar things. L-Theanine or something maybe, I'm not sure about the pharmacology.

I tested Taurine for 4 weeks, I had more bad days than good days than normal so no benefit. Forget it as a cure.
What dose were you taking? There was a clinical trial where they used high doses, 3-5g of Taurine a day and some people said it helped their tinnitus.

I take about 3g at night most nights now. I can't say for sure if it helps or not.

Does anyone here take Taurine who is currently also on an antidepressant and whose tinnitus was originally induced by an antidepressant?

Searching on Google I found that Taurine interacts with Serotonin so I wonder if I should try it while on Fluvoxamine, when two tinnitus tones appeared earlier with another SSRI.

I am considering Taurine mainly for OCD and helping with my benzo taper.

I have Taurine coming in the mail today. I'm already taking all other major supplements for my tinnitus, but will implement this into my daily routine. I think I will start at 2 x 1000 mg from what I've read. Will report back!

I tried Taurine up to 3 g per day and didn't feel it helped with sleep or tinnitus. I haven't had any luck with supplements.

I ordered some Taurine. I read I need to take 3000 mg a day, divided in two doses, once in the morning and once at night for 3 months. And it's going to be a small, gradual benefit...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now