War in Ukraine — Megathread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by buttercake, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I don’t need to hear Putins “side of the story”. The man is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. The missiles launched at Ukraine do all the speaking for him.

Remember that journalists in Russia get jailed for asking the wrong questions. There is zero reason why Putin would do this interview if it wasn’t beneficial to him in some way. Tucker Carlson is literally aiding an enemy with this interview.

Tucker is a washed up has been that would do anything for just a taste of the simulated journalistic integrity he used to enjoy. They didn't have him over because Putin was thinking of becoming a 'bow tie guy'. They needed a pathetic quisling to spread their propaganda and they knew who to call.

Also remember that the Kremlin literally endorsed Carlson last year by directing their state-run media companies to feature him and his anti-American sentiments as much as possible and his show was the only US "news" show that was shown every night on Russian state TV with Russian subtitles.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      With Biden's approval, Zelensky will not sit down and discuss anything with Russia. This is a disgrace and no more U.S. aid should go to Ukraine.

• Agree Agree x 5
    3. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Joe Biden Is Arming Greece So Greece Can Arm Ukraine—And Pro-Russia Republicans Can’t Stop Him
      Big brain play and necessary since Republicans are acting like tools.

Want all you peeps in the US presidential thread to remember this — When Ukraine needed help the most, the Republicans were keen on holding Ukrainian aid as leverage, to only later walk back on their demands (border security), all in an attempt to better their chances in re-electing Stormy Daniels (shout out to @Daniel Lion) who will no doubt leave our ally, Ukraine high and dry.
      Exactly, Tucker Carlson is not a journalist, he’s a Russian propagandist for the most part. We all know Carlson won’t ask anything that’s not pre-approved by the Kremlin and it will most likely portray Putin in a favorable light. This is beyond disgusting if you ask me... giving someone whose nation is committing and has committed some of the worse human rights abuses in a war(unjust) to date and for what, for this murderous piece of shite to say it’s all the US/NATO’s fault? What a tool. Just the lowest form of traitor there is

It should also be noted that the US Department of State has issued a level 4 (DO NOT TRAVEL) travel advisory to all US citizens planning to visit Russia:
      I’ve lost count on how many Americans have been held in detention, imprisoned, or harassed unlawfully over there. This won’t apply to Carlson however because the Kremlin and the little man, Putin loves him. The Russkis will roll out the red carpet for this tool.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Mark F.

Mark F. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      gunshots
      On the bright side, all this arguing is at least distracting you people from the ongoing ringing in your ears/heads.

• Funny Funny x 6
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    5. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      Of course it is beneficial for Putin, but ignoring Putin (certified thug and murderer, no two questions about it) and his stance on Ukraine is stupid and arrogant. Not everything Putin says is without merit. The truth is always somewhere in the middle and the reality more nuanced that American propaganda makes it to be. Ignore at your own peril.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      So I listened to the interview because of your comment. Since you appear to be a smart, learned man, I figured there was something of value to be gleamed from this interview, due to your warning, recommendation.

The interview was awful. A multi-hour rant on Putin's historical grievances and delusions about Russia. It really didn't connect to any audience. I was really bored. The malignant narcissist scripted it for himself. He clearly did not prepare. It's odd. I was expecting something a bit more directed to MAGA/Western audiences. Zelensky's early speeches aimed at Russian citizens were far better directed, scripted and targeted. This was very weak.

I didn't find any truth in this interview and it was a waste of my time. But I didn't want to ignore it since you thought 'my peril' was at stake. Looks like I can ignore advice from more than just Putin.

My only question arising from this interview was when exactly did the far right in the U.S. start sucking Russia's dick? Maybe you can provide the answer to my question.

• Like x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Good Question x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Winner x 1
    7. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

AnthonyMcDonald Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Because it doesn't match your biased western agenda? ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      No, because Putin is a lying shack of shit. But you knew that already.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      OK, please provide counter arguments to the information you disagree with from the interview.

10. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I would prefer no more US funding for Ukraine. Putin has said he’s open for peace negotiations. Putin didn’t appear to be an evil dictator in his interview with Tucker Carlson. I can see why Putin wants to retain Crimea as that is a major shipping port for Russia.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Not gunna happen.

• Funny Funny x 2
    12. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Then you admit your opinion is horsesh*t o_O. "Trust me bro" isn't valid argumentation. I highly doubt you even watched the interview.

So, you disagree that the Maidan protests in 2013-2014 escalated into a bloody conflict and that Russians in Donetsk and Luhansk were subjected to brutal violence?

You disagree that Russian people in these areas were being beaten in the streets by Ukrainian Bandera nationalists (fascists) for not knowing the Ukrainian national anthem by heart?

You disagree that a large-scale military operation was launched against Donetsk, causing thousands of civilian deaths? (plenty of Video evidence of Donetsk being bombed).

You disagree with the existence of the Lvov massacre?

You disagree with the existence of the Alley of Angels?

Wikipedia: Alley of Angels

Pull your head out of your a**. You have been spoon fed "Russia bad" for so long, learn to think for yourself. I'm guessing you didn't say a single thing when the US bombed civilians all around the world for the last few decades because it fits your western narrative?

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Watched most of it, and yea it was the same ole delusional rant we’ve come to expect from this asswipe. Putin was just vomiting up some fantasy version of Russian history. You could tell Tucker was bored to tears lol. This was not the ‘interview’ he was expecting lol. No soundbites to use to own the libs either. I can imagine his alt-right base must have been bored to death while watching it too, listening to Putin give his distorted shitty history lesson. Those clowns don’t have the attention span for it. They need to hear Biden’s name get mentioned to get their brains moving.

Anyways, there’s nothing new to see here. Putin lies for a living. Lots of the same BS talking points he’s been regurgitating for years now—Ukraine doesn’t exist, Lenin was wrong. The demise of the Soviet Union was sad and it had nothing to do with him. Ukrainians are Russians. NATO expanded five times, pushing Russia's hand. Zelensky supports Nazism. NATO blew up Nordstream. China good. Unity will happen. The end.

His obsession with Poland was also telling and alarming. Accused Poland of colluding with Hitler in WW2... lol. I’ve been noticing Putin, and Russia in general, seem hell-bent on whitewashing Stalin's atrocities from the history books lately.

Putin is probably butthurt that Poland kicked their asses and occupied Moscow in 1610 and kicked their asses again in 1920 and stopped the bolshevik revolution in Europe. Shout out to the Poles. There’s a reason why Poland and every other former Soviet bloc nation hate Russia with a passion, it’s rooted in historical grievances that still persist to this day. And yet, we’re being told by the dummies here, it’s western bias lol. The country is rotten to the core, everyone knows this besides the zombies living over there and the dumbshit MAGA crowd. Don’t forget the tankies too.

I suppose this ‘interview’ was just another platform for Putin to spout more propaganda and lies to further keep the russkis brainwashed. Not sure how any of it will make a difference. Russians act like mindless serfs regardless and they don’t mind sacrificing their own lives for a megalomaniac, no questions asked. They’ve suffered shockingly massive causalities in only 2 years, and no seems to care over there.
      I got you. MAGA Republicans have convinced themselves and their voter bloc that Democrats are more of a threat to the United States than a Russian ex-KGB chief. The party is starting to cozy up to fascism. I won’t be surprised if Russian dirty money is involved to some extent from some of these politicians as well. It could be one reason why some of these MAGA Republicans in office have been trying to undermine Ukrainian support. There’s also that dumb isolationist rhetoric, but we all know that makes absolute no sense in the globalized world we live in.

Reagan would be rolling in his grave if he saw the current state of his party, seeing some of these idiots aligning themselves with the reds.

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    14. nomorenoise

nomorenoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      GF6hhvXX0AAVRwC (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Everyone here is saying Putin is a liar, but never provide counter-arguments or evidence to counter his claims :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    16. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      Duh, looks like the main battle front in the Russo-Ukraine war has moved Stateside. Boy, there's one tough guy in this fight. Hint: his first name is Donald.

It's some relief to hear that Joe Biden has found a way around the obstacle of getting the shells to the Ukrainians.

It looks like the analysts were right. This is going to be a long war.

Excuse me, I'm kind of a computer-challenged guy. Can someone provide a link for me to this Putin-Carlson interview, or better still, a transcript? That way, I could kind of gloss over the shite and get the main points?

Much obliged.

• Like Like x 1
    17. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lol.

IMG_3535.jpeg

You can see it in his eyes. He knows Putler is a delusional nut job, but he needs to keep the grift going.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    18. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Pretty decent transcript:

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/73411

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why continue this insane war when the average age of a Ukrainian soldier is 43? 400,000 Ukrainians dead, 60,000 Russians dead, from what I hear. Putin wants a peace settlement, so why not listen to him? The past is the past at this point. The majority of Americans don’t want to fund this endless war anymore.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Colonel Douglas Macgregor talks to Tucker Carlson about the massive loss of Ukranian lives in the Ukraine/Russia war.

Tucker Carlson Talks To Colonel Douglas...

• Informative Informative x 2
    21. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ZFire, I posted this above video interview yesterday. I would’ve thought you would’ve watched it? Either you believe Colonel Macgregor or you don’t. That’s where I got my rough death figures from the Ukraine/ Russia war. Why would Colonel Macgregor lie? I won’t call you an idiot until you respond.

He also mentions illegal migrants are getting paid $2,200/month.

https://www.douglasmacgregor.com/

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don’t see how Ukraine can win the war with Russia when they are outmanned and outgunned. I wonder if Putin wants the entire Ukraine or just the 4 eastern provinces? I do not support sending borrowed money to Ukraine for more death and destruction. There must be a diplomatic solution to this madness.

• Agree Agree x 5
    23. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Putin's diplomacy is at the end of a gun and he has said that “there will only be peace in Ukraine when we achieve our aims”; those "objectives do not change", he said, listing "denazification, demilitarisation and its neutral status".

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What about the long term? Let's say Putin captures Kiev, deposes Zelensky, and installs a friendly puppet regime under Moscow's control (and eventually merges Ukraine back with Russia). That might mean a much bigger problem further down the line in five, ten years or so.

There's also the ideal of free countries deciding their own destiny... the rights of small nations, and such.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. HighleyTall
      In pain

HighleyTall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      monitor noise trauma at gig
      The divide and conquer strategy, like we have seen during the plandemic, seems to be working great.

"We like war because we are good at it, we got a lot of practice."

RIP Carlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    26. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Biden is not allowing Zelensky to sit down with Russia and negotiate. Ukraine is going to do this eventually, and if they had done so two years ago a lot of bloodshed and destruction might have been avoided.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    27. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alexei Navalny (Putin’s opposition figurehead) finally died in a Russian prison, huh... I’m surprised he even lasted that long. I guess Putin wanted him dead, but in an indirect manner, perhaps by letting him suffer in prison due to neglect or terrible conditions. We all know how it played out.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Navalny’s politics were complete shite (par for the course in Russia), but his death is representative of the countless others who have been unjustly executed or exiled by Putler. Russia’s opposition to Putler is non-existent.
      Finally, someone with a brain in this embarrassing pro-Russian infested thread, who grasps the long-term implications.

You sir, are correct. I always roll my eyes when I see misinformed people talking about negotiating with Russia. Negotiate about what exactly? Putin himself has already said many times that he does not consider Ukraine a nation. If you give them something now, they will just come for the rest later. Russians are imperialist to the core — 16th-19th century expansionism, Soviet Union expansionism, and the modern Russian Federation expansionism.

They have the same opinion about the Baltic states, Poland, Kazakhstan, Belarus and many others. They will not stop even after Putin’s death. What Russia would need is a humiliating defeat and reeducation similar to Germany after WW2 (1945), so they can join the rest of Europe and have friendly border relations. But that’s not going to happen, unfortunately, because of their nuclear arsenal.

That’s why I think Poland need to go back to conscription and create a total militarized state similar to Israel. In my opinion, there’s no other choice, not in a situation where the crazy MAGA movement in the USA can bring this country to isolation again. Without US backing, war for the Baltic countries will be just a matter of when, not if.
      Speaking of smaller nations, it really is a testament to how badass, brave & tactically inclined the Ukrainians are and how utterly incompetent and stupid the Russians are that for such a small country (41 million people), they were able to resist and inflict significant damage on Russian orc forces through conventional means. Imagine what they could do if we in the West fully supported them, it's an absolute shame that there are certain useful idiots within the US that are actively working with the Russians. Dipshits, all of them.

• Like Like x 2
    28. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The Democrats don’t represent most US citizens. They are ass-backwards on almost everything. Who would want open borders with all the societal ills it causes and want to give $61 billion for more death and destruction in Ukraine? It’s insanity. We have 34 trillion in debt. I don’t think Russia will ever invade any NATO countries. It would be like David vs Goliath.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For your perusal:

Former Australian PM: Trump acts like 12-year-old boy around Putin

Now I've no idea of the standing or reliability of this newspaper, but several other news outlets (MSNBC, CNN, HuffPost) have published what pretty much amounts to be the same thing, i.e. that Donald Trump is enamored of Vladimir Putin.

I'll make a modest proposal: clear the way for both Trump and Biden to be farmed out to the grass and let two newcomers contend for Prezz in the coming election. What's at stake? Well, the US could get back to that ideal: "a government of laws and not of men."

Image, optics, soundbites...? That's not the way to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    30. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1