• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

When @Wrfortiscue and @Damocles finally meet.

4F679FF9-8367-464B-BC01-04A4624AA522.jpeg

Only the best candies in the world :rolleyes:

View attachment 49458

"The Ukrainian cream-fudge "Korovka" is totally unforgettable!
No matter the age, many remember these soft fudge candies as a very tasty part of their childhood."
@GeorgeLG, @Steph1710, @Rockman, you should also try these! They have a condensed milk/dulche de leche/caramel filling. They are so fat and yummy!!!

View attachment 49473
So @aura, you're plugging Ukrainian candies a lot lately.

Let me guess: you purchased yourself a few sweet factories in Kyiv for a bargain of 10 lei each (due to the ongoing crisis), and now you're flogging them sweets on Tinnitus Talk and Instagram (?), to make yourself some extra...

deniro.jpg

So @aura, you're plugging Ukrainian candies a lot lately.

Let me guess: you purchased yourself a few sweet factories in Kyiv for a bargain of 10 lei each (due to the ongoing crisis), and now you're flogging them sweets on Tinnitus Talk and Instagram (?), to make yourself some extra...

View attachment 49510
Screenshot_20220317-232522~2.png

I had some delicious @Lane with my oatmeal this morning. A nice way to start the day. Would recommend 10/10.

F04D252B-23A1-4770-A25E-BAFC8C18BE19.jpeg

It's my last day at my current museum today! :nailbiting:

Mixed emotions. Overall, I'm glad to be leaving. I want to change many things about my life, and this is the first step.

Oh, and Rob and I are going to Peru.

07A5388C-1639-4FED-8FBE-8AB95614A876.gif

@Damocles, I saw Machine Head a few years back. Pretty awesome gig.

Iron Maiden are wicked too.
I never saw Machine Head live. Although I'm okay with this, as the only album of theirs I liked (pre-severe tinnitus) was Through The Ashes Of Empires.

I remember buying The More Things Change after that album (not knowing it was one of their worst) and being very disappointed.

I did see Iron Maiden at the Earl's Court Exhibition Centre, however, and I like them a lot; but the arena was f*cking massive, and it was like watching a flea circus from outside orbit, except those fleas were making some real noise.
I had no idea you like metal?
Neither did I Steph. Truth be told, I'm really bad at music genres (despite being completely obsessive about categorisation and labelling in other areas). I can't differentiate "Hip-hop" from "R'n'B" or "Metal" from "Punk" etc. (I actually search the internet to make sure the music I'm uploading fits the thread I'm uploading to, before I submit it :bag:).

All I know for certain myself, is most of the music I liked could be found in the Rock/Pop department of HMV when I was younger.
I took my GCSE's when I was 18. Passing them was one of proudest moments of my life. I left school at 13, so it meant a lot to me.
This is awesome, and I am extremely envious of you for having such a cool job that you are actually passionate about.

Massive respect to you Steph!

big-up-yourself.jpg

Actually, same goes for @aura, @Stacken77, @buttercake, @Zugzug, @ZFire and maybe even @Wrfortiscue (who I think is a programmer or something... same as @Stacken77 (?)...)

All of the above have great jobs/vocations they are either serious or passionate about (despite their health issues).

So nuff' respect to them also.

What do you plan on studying later on? Or, is that top secret. :bookworm:
Yeah Steph, it is in fact so top secret that even I don't know what it is.

That is to say, I have no idea. I know the only two things that ever felt like not work to me were art and linguistics. I'm giving the linguistics thing another go this summer, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I tried a couple of listening exercises with YouTube at home last year, and my ears are still disliking digital audio and struggling to pick out words I don't already recognise... so likely route is going to be something with computers.

Just what the world needs eh, another software developer. (y)
Is this (Saint Maud) worth a watch?
No, please do not watch that film.

I can recommend you a thousand decent (British) horrors if you like, but that film is just abysmal.

That is to say, I have no idea. I know the only two things that ever felt like not work to me were art and linguistics. I'm giving the linguistics thing another go this summer, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I tried a couple of listening exercises with YouTube at home last year, and my ears are still disliking digital audio and struggling to pick out words I don't already recognise... so likely route is going to be something with computers.
Don't let yourself be discouraged by a bit of new vocabulary. If art and linguistics is what you're passionate about stick with it. I've tried so many different things / safe options and always ended up hating what I was doing because things were interesting in the beginning but got boring quick. The only thing that has never lost my interest is writing, so I've decided to just say f*** it and go for it. Now I work hours like a manager for the pay of an aide but I'm happy with what I'm doing and this is something I haven't been for a big chunk of years in my life.

PS: Do you have Groupon in the UK? If so, check if they also have correspondence classes. Here in Germany there are amazing options (even art and linguistic classes) for a tenth of the original fee.

@Exit, does anybody actually eat lutefisk in Norway? My family used to make it on the holidays.

View attachment 49552
Around Xmas holidays many do, especially older people.

Not so many around my area but even here you can smell it from people's coats if they had a lutefisk party or had it at a restaurant around holidays :D

Restaurants only serve it around Xmas. You need to know what you're messing with, otherwise you'll end up in a hospital :)

I never saw Machine Head live. Although I'm okay with this, as the only album of theirs I liked (pre-severe tinnitus) was Through The Ashes Of Empires.

I remember buying The More Things Change after that album (not knowing it was one of their worst) and being very disappointed.

I did see Iron Maiden at the Earl's Court Exhibition Centre, however, and I like them a lot; but the arena was f*cking massive, and it was like watching a flea circus from outside orbit, except those fleas were making some real noise.

Neither did I Steph. Truth be told, I'm really bad at music genres (despite being completely obsessive about categorisation and labelling in other areas). I can't differentiate "Hip-hop" from "R'n'B" or "Metal" from "Punk" etc. (I actually search the internet to make sure the music I'm uploading fits the thread I'm uploading to, before I submit it :bag:).

All I know for certain myself, is most of the music I liked could be found in the Rock/Pop department of HMV when I was younger.

This is awesome, and I am extremely envious of you for having such a cool job that you are actually passionate about.

Massive respect to you Steph!

View attachment 49547

Actually, same goes for @aura, @Stacken77, @buttercake, @Zugzug, @ZFire and maybe even @Wrfortiscue (who I think is a programmer or something... same as @Stacken77 (?)...)

All of the above have great jobs/vocations they are either serious or passionate about (despite their health issues).

So nuff' respect to them also.

Yeah Steph, it is in fact so top secret that even I don't know what it is.

Just what the world needs eh, another software developer. (y)

No, please do not watch that film.

I can recommend you a thousand decent (British) horrors if you like, but that film is just abysmal.

I think the biggest balls (or perhaps the longest - currently watching Naked Attraction UK Senior Edition) belongs to you @Damocles! Going back to school after a decade with a very restrictive health.

Don't let yourself be discouraged by a bit of new vocabulary. If art and linguistics is what you're passionate about stick with it. I've tried so many different things / safe options and always ended up hating what I was doing because things were interesting in the beginning but got boring quick. The only thing that has never lost my interest is writing, so I've decided to just say f*** it and go for it. Now I work hours like a manager for the pay of an aide but I'm happy with what I'm doing and this is something I haven't been for a big chunk of years in my life.
Yeah like I say @Leila, I'm going to attempt to return to what I was doing prior to the meltdown in 2009. However like other members here (such as @Vassili for example) who have had to accept that their prior passions are no longer open to them, I'm prepared to move on if need be.

If money was no issue, I'd probably just talk tinnitus, or Tinnitus Talk, all day long, alongside practising digital art and going out to my old social haunts in the evenings. Much like Professor General @Contrast, before he became a GIMP master and left the forum (no guys, not that kind of GIMP master. I mean a master of GIMP photo editing software).

But unfortunately it is an issue, and I'm concerned about what I'm going to do when my parents are no longer "aboot" to support me, as are they.

So I have to factor in a realistic back-up for "what if this doesn't work".
I think the biggest balls (or perhaps the longest - currently watching Naked Attraction UK Senior Edition) belongs to you @Damocles! Going back to school after a decade with a very restrictive health.
Aw, thank you @Exit. Me and my balls are very appreciative of the compliment, and the recognition.

I hope one day in the next 5 years, me, you, and @Juan too, can hang out together in the South of Spain, with low tinnitus (from our brain zaps), and some drinks I've paid for with the mula I'm earning in my new full time job; the details of which I will then bore you with for the rest of our holiday.

inb4 optimistic

R (2).png

clear.png

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now