• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Hmmm are you drunk @aura? :rolleyes:
Ok, you do have a point. Let me rephrase that.

Sometimes i really like your jokes.

You, as a person, give me the chills, mainly because you have the unrefined hands of a Norwegian lumberjack who lives in a log cabin and strangles people refurbishing their kitchens.

Better? :)

I just found this, it's hilarious.

This is so me last summer :LOL:

FB_IMG_1647680413600.jpg

After so many years with hyperacusis, tinnitus etc, ear problems keep surprising me.

Yesterday night I was doing nothing in particular, around the house, when I heard a very loud beep on my left ear, that stayed there... well, I tried to ignore it and sat to watch TV, trying to be distracted from the sound.

Suddenly I felt like my ear was burning and really red... all this like at 1 am at night. I tried to keep calm because, what is one going to do at 1 am with an odd "problem", COVID-19 at hospitals and the useless Spanish ER?

This morning I woke up with no tinnitus, no burning feeling but the feeling of hearing worse. It's all really strange and I wonder if it's something I ate yesterday, or the long walk in the evening... I just do not know what to think anymore about ear issues :LOL:

I hope one day in the next 5 years, me, you, and @Juan too, can hang out together in the South of Spain, with low tinnitus (from our brain zaps), and some drinks I've paid for with the mula I'm earning in my new full time job; the details of which I will then bore you with for the rest of our holiday.
The South is getting very popular, specially Malaga, which is heavily promoted by our government and all the rich people there (not sure now about how the rich Russians are doing there...)

But Spain is big and we will find a great place in Andalucía to have drinks!

Spain is noisy, though... when my hyperacusis was a lot worse, and after several years of not travelling at all, I ventured and went to Norway, next summer to the Latvia, it was reassuring to see that both places were very nice and way less noisy than Spain. It was possible to sit inside a restaurant in Oslo, or at the hotel restaurant in Riga, and I would be fine.

Years later I went to Austria, and Vienna is a wonderful city... my hearing was worse then and I was able to hear live piano playing at a distance, at Cafe Central (touristy, I know! Beautiful cafe anyway..)

...so I guess the noise is more of an Spanish problem. Italy was not as noisy as Spain. For instance Florence is quiet, as downtown is pedestrian, and there are less motorbikes than in Barcelona.

The problem with Spain is that pretty much anywhere at any place, at any time, you could bump into sudden and unexpected deafening noise.

Ok, you do have a point. Let me rephrase that.

Sometimes i really like your jokes.

You, as a person, give me the chills, mainly because you have the unrefined hands of a Norwegian lumberjack who lives in a log cabin and strangles people refurbishing their kitchens.

Better? :)
I don't think his hands could strangle any woman. I guess he would rather chop them up with his Norwegian axe.

So I take it you'll be joining us in the South of Spain for that holiday then, @aura.
This is so me last summer :LOL:
Yes, I remember it well.

IMG_20210808_145403 (2).jpg

Back when you were sweet and innocent.

Whatever happened to that girl? ¯\_(⌣́_⌣̀)_/¯

Maybe it was the walker all along...

So I take it you'll be joining us in the South of Spain for that holiday then, @aura.

Yes, I remember it well.

View attachment 49557

Back when you were sweet and innocent.

Whatever happened to that girl? ¯\_(⌣́_⌣̀)_/¯

Maybe it was the walker all along...
She was probably more optimistic then, as most of us were lol.

But unfortunately it is an issue, and I'm concerned about what I'm going to do when my parents are no longer "aboot" to support me, as are they.

So I have to factor in a realistic back-up for "what if this doesn't work".
I know, money is our master in just about every aspect of our lives. Which is a shame, because, oftentimes, it forces us to settle. But you're an adult who knows his own mind and has weighed the pros and cons, so I'm sure you'll find your niche whether it's in human or computer languages. You can be proud of yourself for taking this first step!

After so many years with hyperacusis, tinnitus etc, ear problems keep surprising me.

Yesterday night I was doing nothing in particular, around the house, when I heard a very loud beep on my left ear, that stayed there... well, I tried to ignore it and sat to watch TV, trying to be distracted from the sound.

Suddenly I felt like my ear was burning and really red... all this like at 1 am at night. I tried to keep calm because, what is one going to do at 1 am with an odd "problem", COVID-19 at hospitals and the useless Spanish ER?

This morning I woke up with no tinnitus, no burning feeling but the feeling of hearing worse. It's all really strange and I wonder if it's something I ate yesterday, or the long walk in the evening... I just do not know what to think anymore about ear issues :LOL:
Still no tinnitus Juan??

I find it very odd to fluctuate as much as it does for some of you.

Mine is there always, changing between 12-13 different crappy things all day long all year round.

So I take it you'll be joining us in the South of Spain for that holiday then
Hopefully not as the main course.
Well, I have always admired you for your brain(s) @aura.

Screenshot_20220319-212851_3_LI.jpg

So I can't make any promises. :sneaky:
Posting private information and photos when you are a (cute) girl is even worse. That is basically just uploading free "material" for all the lurkers around
@aura, I'm deeply offended by this discrimination! What about all those cute boys and middle aged (hot) men around the block!??

If @Damocles and I were to give up our face on the internet we would be harassed by a constant stream of men and women trying to get a piece of our ass!
My mistake, @Exit, please accept my apologies!

You deserve just as much as any cute girl to have your photo placed under some psycho's pillow!
catfish.jpg

catfish2.png

Still no tinnitus Juan??

I find it very odd to fluctuate as much as it does for some of you.

Mine is there always, changing between 12-13 different crappy things all day long all year round.
Yes, I have fluctuating tinnitus, but for me the main issues are hearing loss and hyperacusis, or better put, hearing loss derived from severe hyperacusis...

I am still tempted sometimes to go to doctors, although I know it is going to be useless... I have not checked my hearing in a few months, and I feel it is worse now, considering I have trouble with TV, speech in noise etc.

All my life I was able to listen to multiple sounds and multiple conversations and I would be able to follow all of them. Now if there are competing sounds, sounds that overlap, I either do not understand anything, or I understand the loudes voice, or loudest sound. It's a big change.

Yes, I have fluctuating tinnitus, but for me the main issues are hearing loss and hyperacusis, or better put, hearing loss derived from severe hyperacusis...

I am still tempted sometimes to go to doctors, although I know it is going to be useless... I have not checked my hearing in a few months, and I feel it is worse now, considering I have trouble with TV, speech in noise etc.

All my life I was able to listen to multiple sounds and multiple conversations and I would be able to follow all of them. Now if there are competing sounds, sounds that overlap, I either do not understand anything, or I understand the loudes voice, or loudest sound. It's a big change.
I guess you might be too smart (or too dumb?) to get a lot of tinnitus :)

I understand it must be very difficult for you, and the continued worsening would give anyone anxiety.

Sunday hugs :huganimation:

I guess you might be too smart (or too dumb?) to get a lot of tinnitus :)

I understand it must be very difficult for you, and the continued worsening would give anyone anxiety.

Sunday hugs :huganimation:
Over these years I have come to see the medical profession as a business.

The 3-visit system is the latest trend. This means going to the doctor 3 times just to get anything done... first day, friendly chat (less than 10 minutes), second day, a session with some technician (it would be audiologist for hearing issues) who is paid a low salary, third day another 10 minutes chat with a doctor solving nothing...

I understand tinnitus, hyperacusis and the like and complicated problems and impossible to fix nowadays, and clinics want easy problems, things that can be solved, and they also look for good Internet ratings and reviews.

A few years ago I changed my private insurance. None of the ENTs I was seeing was included in the new insurance... so I made the mistake to look for Internet references on ENTs and ended up going to a private hospital. It was the worst medical attention I had got in my life... really bad. That ENT who had like 200 positive reviews did not know anything about ears! I was so shocked... as a patient who has seen dozens of ENTs over the years... and parents were taking their little kids there.

I have learnt not to be anxious about this condition anymore. I am just naturally worried about the economic impact of it, if I lose my hearing, and social isolation. But the problem itself, the hearing issues, I accepted them as they are a long time ago. Trying to adapt has been my strategy.

Big hug from Spain! :)

Ears feeling okay today, Steph?
Actually, yes. :)

I had a really good (though short) sleep last night, which always results in quieter tinnitus in the morning. Also, I had lots to do this morning, so I have been distracted rather than hyper-focusing on my ears.

Thanks for asking @Damocles - not @Damiancunt123, who always comes up as first choice when I tag you. :ROFL:

Actually, yes. :)

I had a really good (though short) sleep last night, which always results in quieter tinnitus in the morning. Also, I had lots to do this morning, so I have been distracted rather than hyper-focusing on my ears.

Thanks for asking @Damocles - not @Damiancunt123, who always comes up as first choice when I tag you. :ROFL:
Steph, please don't confuse me for @Damiancunt123. I'm sure that guy's doing better than any of us right now; with mild tinnitus and his half pint of neat whisky knocking him out before bed every night.

Think all of us here would trade for his circumstances, liver in 5 years or not.

What a legend.

Anyway, I keep telling you guys (especially you, @Juan, @Wrfortiscue and @aura. @Exit and @Stacken77 already get it): earplugs/defenders everywhere, except inside the house/apartment/van.

My anxiety was literally killing me until I started living by that rule.

Steph, please don't confuse me for @Damiancunt123. I'm sure that guy's doing better than any of us right now; with mild tinnitus and his half pint of neat whisky knocking him out before bed every night.

Think all of us here would trade for his circumstances, liver in 5 years or not.

What a legend.

Anyway, I keep telling you guys (especially you, @Juan, @Wrfortiscue and @aura. @Exit and @Stacken77 already get it): earplugs/defenders everywhere, except inside the house/apartment/van.

My anxiety was literally killing me until I started living by that rule.
It's the rule I know. I speak for myself when I say there are times when my tinnitus is calm and low, then factor in a good mood and I want to forget I have tinnitus so I just go on about my day. I end up paying lol.

Yesterday and so far today my tinnitus has been decent. It fluctuates quite a bit. Emotional rollercoaster that I handled well months ago, not so much now.

@Damocles is right.

For us not living well with the amount of ear trouble given to us. The anxiety alone, not knowing what's around the next corner is reason enough to have protection on outside amongst people or traffic.

You can compare it to walking around in unsafe neighbour hoods during nights. Just the same consequences, sooner or later.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now