• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Today my money's on @Wrfortiscue.

View attachment 49790

View attachment 49791

A winner at Sandown last year.

View attachment 49793

So don't let me down now mate. I'm counting on that giant horsec*ck of yours to make the difference when we reach the finish line.

View attachment 49792
dnf.PNG

Has it affected your tinnitus? Hope you're OK.
Update. Tinnitus is a bit louder than usual. More high pitched and my other usual tones are quiet but going crazy. I feel so damn ill. More ill than I've been in a long time. :(

Currently watching a series called 'Art Which Made Us' to distract from the tinnitus.

Update. Tinnitus is a bit louder than usual. More high pitched and my other usual tones are quiet but going crazy. I feel so damn ill. More ill than I've been in a long time. :(

Currently watching a series called 'Art Which Made Us' to distract from the tinnitus.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it all settles once you get better. Bloody COVID-19!

Hello peeps,

Sorry to hear some of you aren't doing so well. Been very down myself these past few days. Downright fucking angry in fact at this constant crap we have to put up with leading to some people even taking their own lives godamit. Anyhow...

Was gonna start a separate thread about the following subject but decided to post here instead because I'm not even sure what title I'd have given the new thread.

Happened across this interview/discussion the other night and found it fascinating. It's all about natural health and whatnot but kind of from a 19th/early 20th Century perspective. They talk vitamins, minerals and (most interesting for me) Tesla technology (the real Nikola Tesla, not this Musk muppet).

The guy being interviewed is Clive de Carle. I won't bother going into his story as he breaks that down early on in the discussion but during the chat a few lights went on in my own head. For example, he talks about the importance of magnesium, but instead of just ingesting supplements outlines getting it into the body oldschool by "taking the waters", quite literally mineral spa baths where the good stuff is absorbed through the skin.

The brief brush on Tesla is most intriguing. Aside from free and abundant clean energy, Tesla was clearly interested in human wellbeing and bringing the body back into harmonious frequency, i.e. health.

It'll be very dry reading but I'm going to do a deep dive on Tesla's patents because I'm convinced that the application of this kind of technology plus clean food, water and quality vitamins and minerals can bring us to a much better state of calm than anything current tinnitus medicine can, which let's face it, is not a lot.

Anyhow, the interview's well worth a watch if you're interested in this kind of thing.

For example, he talks about the importance of magnesium, but instead of just ingesting supplements outlines getting it into the body oldschool by "taking the waters", quite literally mineral spa baths where the good stuff is absorbed through the skin.
This is very interesting to me. When I'm in Europe in the Summer, I'll nip into Switzerland and go to my favourite mineralbad.

I've been to some nice ones in Italy, Austria and Germany too. It's one of my favourite things to do in Europe. I remember one trip through Germany, Rob and I stopped off at everyone we were near.

We really don't have the same quality baths/spas over here.
Downright fucking angry in fact at this constant crap we have to put up with leading to some people even taking their own lives godamit. Anyhow...
Sorry you're feeling so angry at the moment. I have been there too. I remember the loss of empathy I felt towards other when I first developed tinnitus.

People would tell me about their problems (which are completely valid) but I remember saying frequently - "at least you don't have multiple sounds in your head 24/7. Be grateful."

This is a horrid infliction. So horrid, good people can't carry on. And, we can understand why.
Tesla was clearly interested in human wellbeing and bringing the body back into harmonious frequency, i.e. health.
Every week I tell myself I am going to try something along the same lines as this, however, I am constantly ill and haven't had the chance.

This is very interesting to me. When I'm in Europe in the Summer, I'll nip into Switzerland and go to my favourite mineralbad.
The mineralbad looks amazing. It's a shame the English don't seem to value this kind of thing as much as continental Europe, especially given the spa towns that were quite an attraction here at one time.
Every week I tell myself I am going to try something along the same lines as this, however, I am constantly ill and haven't had the chance.
You're a soldier. Anyhows... if I learn something about this stuff I'll post it here. Before he passed away my old fella was actually building a Tesla coil. I used to think he was crackers. Not so sure now.

Today is my tinnitus anniversary. Two years with "normal" tinnitus.

Very proud of myself for battling through some of the darkest days of my life. :wacky:

Funnily enough, tinnitus is behaving today. Maybe it knows I need a break as I'm poorly with COVID-19 still. Thank you tinnitus.

In June it will be my five year pulsatile tinnitus anniversary - bloody hell! My silence has been gone a long time now.

Today is my tinnitus anniversary. Two years with "normal" tinnitus.

Very proud of myself for battling through some of the darkest days of my life. :wacky:

Funnily enough, tinnitus is behaving today. Maybe it knows I need a break as I'm poorly with COVID-19 still. Thank you tinnitus.

In June it will be my five year pulsatile tinnitus anniversary - bloody hell! My silence has been gone a long time now.
Your tinnitus is very young!

I hope you recover from COVID-19 soon :)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now