Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

@Christian78
Hey Christian.
Where do you have the information about Norbalt from?
Applied for assisted suicide? I have also T above 15 kHz screaming in my head.
You found out yourself that Retigabine works. Why not waiting for a drug that lowers our T?
I know how hard it is, every fu... single day. But you have still many years to live. And one day, there is silence again.
today i got information from @@Danny Boy , it is April fools do you agree it is cruel?

oi got it from daniel his way saing it is 1 april

I know it was in bad taste...Only realised till after I said it, I am a fool, wish I could go back in time and take it back...I honestly didn't believe anyone would believe it, as it is the 1st of April. Anyway, what bothers me the most is why aren't GSK or any of the big pharmaceuticals companies developing their own cures? There's so many drugs for other conditions, but tinnitus? Nah, we don't care...We don't care about making more money, just doesn't make sense...Bill Gates has billions of pounds and even just a few million and we could cure tinnitus. It's pathetic!
I am gonna strangle you with huge bear hug and then and then give you one more hug and then forgive you, you made me have hope and then you took it....

Is there any difference between 500mg and 900mg.
Iam asking that because never got 900mg daily.
With 200mg dose iam stoned with 100mg no difference to T.

My problem is that retigabine only lowers T and last only 1 hour after 1 hour
i have bad worsening.I tried 400mg the same.To me only corticosteroids give
result 0/10. I will die from side effects because iam addicted to 0/10.

My problem is that retigabine only lowers T and last only 1 hour after 1 hour
i have bad worsening.I tried 400mg the same.To me only corticosteroids give
result 0/10. I will die from side effects because iam addicted to 0/10.

How can corticosteroids lower tinnitus?

I don't know ... retigabine lower T corticosteroids stop completelly T but have serious side effects.
400mg RTG acts in 30 min and lasts only 2 hours max.
30mg methylprednisolone act in 12 hours and lasts 2 days but the improvent is huge not slight like RTG.
if combined with benzos acts in 3 hours.

I don't know ... retigabine lower T corticosteroids stop completelly T but have serious side effects.
400mg RTG acts in 30 min and lasts only 2 hours max.
30mg methylprednisolone act in 12 hours and lasts 2 days but the improvent is huge not slight like RTG.
if combined with benzos acts in 3 hours.
This is some strange stuff. Corticosteroids are supposed to work only if taken immediatelly after onset of T and for a couple of days. In chronic cases it does nothing. I have taken many corticosteroids 1 week after onset, they did nothing. I also took from time to time, no affect on my T whatsoever.

Perhaps T has many different causes for each person. Yours may be inflamation of cohlea or something else.

I will take in cycles to reduce side effects 1 day RTG one day flupirtine one day benzos one day corticosteroids etc
but iam in fear that if i stop corticosteroids i will get permanent worsening.
This is true that corticosteroids work only at first hours/days but every time i had increase in T i got corticosteroids
never left a spike alone to pass i waited a day and if not passed then i got cortisteroids.
I had a period of years with T remission from its own.
With this tactic many years after T onset i can obtain 0/10 with a dose of corticosteroids.
But its not cure. Iam searching real cure.
RTG also is not cure gives a bit temporary improvement to keep you away from suicide.
Sometimes a drug can keep you in life and the T can pass/improve later on its own.

I will take in cycles to reduce side effects 1 day RTG one day flupirtine one day benzos one day corticosteroids etc
This is true that corticosteroids work only at first hours/days but every time i had increase in T i got corticosteroids
never left a spike alone to pass i waited a day and if not passed then i got cortisteroids.
With this tactic many years after T onset i can obtain 0/10 with a dose of corticosteroids.
RTG also is not cure gives a bit temporary improvement to keep you away from suicide.
Sometimes a drug can keep you in life and the T can pass/improve later on its own.

You're taking a ton of drugs together..

@Danny Boy is right. you are taking so many drugs together...how can you know what helps, what doesn't?

try a week not taking any drugs at all

I have extreme chronic neuropathic pain in my head and face, that no drugs previously touched, but Retigabine has helped bring the pain level down. I also have very mild visual snow along with tinnitus.

Half hour after taking it the drug kicks in, I feel drunk, and all my senses get heightened. Colours are brighter and my vision becomes magnified- I notice tiny close up details, like every pore on my face.
A lot of old memories are also coming back to me in detail.

But there's something else I noticed, I was getting better pain relief for the rest of the day when I spent my druggy/drunk hour on lunch break at work, with people talking all around me. On my days off I would lie in bed, in silence for that hour, with my eyes shut. When I did that, the snow turned into a pattern of tiny clear identical circles with snow around the edges of them. I could even see them slightly with my eyes open.

I don't know if any one else has had this same side effect but usually when it kicks in I get an overwhelming urge to learn stuff... anything! If there's nothing going on around me I start studying tiny details on whatever's around me. I guess my brain is trying to reboot, and re learn how to be "normal" (if I ever was!)

Yesterday I tried watching tv while the drug was kicking in, the pain relief for the rest of the day was better.
But I have to just sit passively... When I tried to write a text on my phone during that hour, pain immediately shot across my face again.

I've not had a major reduction in tinnitus yet, although it is definitely less noticeable. But I guess there's a lot of other wrongness in my brain at the mo that needs correcting!

I'll post this on a user update report later too, when I can get to my laptop. :)

today i got information from @Danny Boy , it is April fools do you agree it is cruel?

There's a new product coming out soon called norbalt it's basically an improved version of trobalt, which is more precise than trobalt. It's been used on monkey's and been proven to cure tinnitus. It's being developed by GSK by Doctor Charles large Brother, Hans Large. I think they are in competition. It's due to be released end of the year as trials have been taken place in secret and results of the trials will be out very soon. Anyway, finally a total cure for tinnitus, not good news for Autifony though!

for me who apply for assisted suicide and he knows it, he know how bad i am, and trying just to survive, but i dont have options and ...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I forgive him not forget, becouse i love him as a friend... my friend

So i could be starting soon. A friend of mine bought them in Spain OTC. Had to go to 3 different pharmacies to get 5 boxes but it should be enough to get be going. Now anyone, ideas on starting dosages, ramp up, level, ramp down etc?

upload_2015-4-7_12-10-14.png

So i could be starting soon. A friend of mine bought them in Spain OTC. Had to go to 3 different pharmacies to get 5 boxes but it should be enough to get be going. Now anyone, ideas on starting dosages, ramp up, level, ramp down etc?

View attachment 5812
hey im glad followed my advice and that was succesful, I told u ! 98% chance to get it visiting 6 pharmacies :)

I have extreme chronic neuropathic pain in my head and face, that no drugs previously touched, but Retigabine has helped bring the pain level down. I also have very mild visual snow along with tinnitus.

Half hour after taking it the drug kicks in, I feel drunk, and all my senses get heightened. Colours are brighter and my vision becomes magnified- I notice tiny close up details, like every pore on my face.
A lot of old memories are also coming back to me in detail.

But there's something else I noticed, I was getting better pain relief for the rest of the day when I spent my druggy/drunk hour on lunch break at work, with people talking all around me. On my days off I would lie in bed, in silence for that hour, with my eyes shut. When I did that, the snow turned into a pattern of tiny clear identical circles with snow around the edges of them. I could even see them slightly with my eyes open.

I don't know if any one else has had this same side effect but usually when it kicks in I get an overwhelming urge to learn stuff... anything! If there's nothing going on around me I start studying tiny details on whatever's around me. I guess my brain is trying to reboot, and re learn how to be "normal" (if I ever was!)

Yesterday I tried watching tv while the drug was kicking in, the pain relief for the rest of the day was better.
But I have to just sit passively... When I tried to write a text on my phone during that hour, pain immediately shot across my face again.

I've not had a major reduction in tinnitus yet, although it is definitely less noticeable. But I guess there's a lot of other wrongness in my brain at the mo that needs correcting!

I'll post this on a user update report later too, when I can get to my laptop. :)

Well is not that your vision is Improved, its that this magic pill removes the "brain filters" that filters all the stuff that is "not important" for our daily lifes so we can appreciate all kind of details that we normally don't do. Is like being a child again without any kind of prejudice.
When not high, not important details are automatically removed by our brain filters to be more productive in life but the counterpart is that we can't appreciate all the beauty of things, unless we take some trobalt ;)

The one thing I appreciate the most when on RTG is the fact that tinnitus seems unimportant and almost silent.
I'm using a 200mg dose occasionally (sometimes every night, hell, autifony is doing it) and I find it an absolutely excellent sleep aid and a great all-around 'feel-good' pill.
And while there's nothing addictive about it, I feel I should be a bit more cautions with it since it's so damn nice to pop a pill every now and then.

The one thing I appreciate the most when on RTG is the fact that tinnitus seems unimportant and almost silent.
I'm using a 200mg dose occasionally (sometimes every night, hell, autifony is doing it) and I find it an absolutely excellent sleep aid and a great all-around 'feel-good' pill.
And while there's nothing addictive about it, I feel I should be a bit more cautions with it since it's so damn nice to pop a pill every now and then.

Im totally off from a month, and didn't feel any need to take some again so surely is not addictive, but yeah i remember the great times i had and I wouldn't mind take some, if i am stressed after hard work day or with many things i head, i took 300mg, and best explanation is "feel good"

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now