Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

@Danny Boy
Sorry Danny, did not saw your update at user Experience.

What do you think. When will you know for sure? I think Mrs D int AUT00063 trial said that the improvement stayed some there weeks after stopping the trial. So in 3-4 weeks you will know for sure?

Keppra might have an helping hand here as will but I guess those are very safe to stay on for long term.

So tight now you say that you only hear you T in a dead silent room?

Anyway big congratulations for you success so far...you are brave for doing this and for updating us on daily bases. You are half my age so i think you body can tolerate hard drugs better some of us older guys.

@Danny Boy
Sorry Danny, did not saw your update at user Experience.

What do you think. When will you know for sure? I think Mrs D int AUT00063 trial said that the improvement stayed some there weeks after stopping the trial. So in 3-4 weeks you will know for sure?

Keppra might have an helping hand here as will but I guess those are very safe to stay on for long term.

So tight now you say that you only hear you T in a dead silent room?

Anyway big congratulations for you success so far...you are brave for doing this and for updating us on daily bases. You are half my age so i think you body can tolerate hard drugs better some of us older guys.

From my very basic understanding of science I would say that if it holds for 2 months he have very low chance for remission. Its brain we are talking about :)

As Danny i alos think this drug work best on brain related T. How do you know it it is brain related? Most Ts are perceived i the ears. I perceive mine more like fast ticking. The feeling is that nerve ends as accidentally hitting each other all the time. Will get more intense around some types of sounds fans ect.

T is ear related in the beginning but will sooner or later get to the brain so it might be worth trying this quite lite in the process once the nerves in the ear have calmed down.

Dannys T was very much reactive. To me that is more wrong signaling from the ears than something related to the brain. Despite of that he had success with RTG and Keppra.

What do you think? Dose this drug actually heal anything. Dose it reach it self all the way to the nerve ends in the inner ear were the nerve attach the hair cells. It might even reach the hair cell it self? Understad that rats was cured with RTG after a 5 day treatment.

Another explanation could be that the drug juts calm down the brain. if you are ont it long enough the overactive neurons will settle down. Thats also given that the wrong signaling from the inner ears alos calmed down.

I am truly happy for you Danny ! :)
Myself I am waiting to see if it holds for you , a week would be significant , a month and I would consider it highly likely that its a lasting effect. Crossing fingers for you dude !

From the recent Tz paper on SF0034:

"Although the mechanism by which retigabine generates toxicity to the skin and retina remains unknown, these toxicities occur in organs that are exposed to light and UV radiation. Elevated exposure to UV radiation by causing photodegradation and oxidation of retigabine's aniline ring may lead to the formation of highly colored compounds in the skin and eyes. Such formation may provide a mechanism for the observed toxicities. The incorporation of an electron-withdrawing fluorine substituent on the aniline ring of retigabine is expected to reduce the oxidation potential, thus making SF0034 potentially less prone to photodegradation and potentially less toxic to the eye and to the skin. "

A plausible theory (really, the only theory we have). If you are going to take retigabine, I guess it would be a good idea to avoid excessive sunlight.

If we get rtg before sleep with all lights closed ? after 8 hours of sleep rtg will not exist in blood...
I have found that if i get rtg before sleep next day i have minimal to 0 T.

From the recent Tz paper on SF0034:

"Although the mechanism by which retigabine generates toxicity to the skin and retina remains unknown, these toxicities occur in organs that are exposed to light and UV radiation. Elevated exposure to UV radiation by causing photodegradation and oxidation of retigabine's aniline ring may lead to the formation of highly colored compounds in the skin and eyes. Such formation may provide a mechanism for the observed toxicities. The incorporation of an electron-withdrawing fluorine substituent on the aniline ring of retigabine is expected to reduce the oxidation potential, thus making SF0034 potentially less prone to photodegradation and potentially less toxic to the eye and to the skin. "

A plausible theory (really, the only theory we have). If you are going to take retigabine, I guess it would be a good idea to avoid excessive sunlight.
But it would still alter QT heart interval....(?)

200mg rtg + 125mg-250mg keppra
But i think i got permanent improvement from corticosteroids and stopping benzos.

But it would still alter QT heart interval....(?)

the correct answer is: No

SF0034 showed >10 times higher IC50 values for hERG inhibion, which indicates that SF0034 is less likely than the parent compound to cause hERG-inhibion-related QT prolongation.

upload_2015-6-16_1-29-46.png

explain yourself @Nucleo

What was the dosage?

Hi Danny Boy, I am now down to my last pack of 200mg of which I bought quite a bit when I was in Spain last year, so i might have to go back for another visit as this is one of the few places I know where you can easily get this over the counter presumably similar for you ?

Maximum dose I ever got up to was about 750 a day and really did not notice a huge amount of difference but guess I perhaps should have gone a little higher and tried it for longer as I only really stuck at that for about 3 weeks as aware I did not have enough for a long time as I originally bought 50mg , 100mg and 200 mg 2 boxes of each with each box containing 84 this was based on an earlier conversation in this thread.

What is your view regarding dosage and time as you seemed to have had relative success where at times I am really still struggling, I would be interested to have your thoughts please.

Thank you
Fred

Heart related issues only have to do with potassium overdose in people that are prone to irregular heart beat ... potassium regulates heart rate .. (and many other things)

Hi Danny Boy, I am now down to my last pack of 200mg of which I bought quite a bit when I was in Spain last year, so i might have to go back for another visit as this is one of the few places I know where you can easily get this over the counter presumably similar for you ?

Maximum dose I ever got up to was about 750 a day and really did not notice a huge amount of difference but guess I perhaps should have gone a little higher and tried it for longer as I only really stuck at that for about 3 weeks as aware I did not have enough for a long time as I originally bought 50mg , 100mg and 200 mg 2 boxes of each with each box containing 84 this was based on an earlier conversation in this thread.

What is your view regarding dosage and time as you seemed to have had relative success where at times I am really still struggling, I would be interested to have your thoughts please.

Thank you
Fred

Well, the dose that is recommended is 1200mg so 400x3 a day.

Thank you
Fred
I also had not much succes at the dosages you speak about ... you have to weigh out the health benefits and dangers when going higher in dosage and time. Best you speak with a neurologist. My doctors keep bailing out on me so I`m out of Trobat but will have it sent from spain also. I will go to the highest dosage for atleast a few months and see what happens.

@Danny Boy
1. is your Tinnitus still low?
2. did it change since you stopped taking trobalt?
3. how long are you off so far?
4. did you pop even single trobalt pill?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now